Westboro Baptist Church (nutjobs)

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=41482

theysayjump

18-06-2006 16:41:58

Is there anyone here who actually agrees with these people or can see where they're coming from?

I honestly can't believe this woman is still alive and even though I'm not religious, it's an insult to people who actually go to chruch or are religious, for them to call themselves a "chruch" at all.

This isn't a video thread it's for discussion with links to videos so you know what I'm talking about.

http//youtube.com/results?search=westboro&search_type=search_videos&search=Search

Killer722

18-06-2006 16:44:11

Yea, I brought the original interview with Hannity and Colmes into school and showed it to all my teachers and they wanted to hunt her ass down. She's ridiculous and I'm just waiting for her funeral, no joke. I don't agree with the war in Iraq, nor do I support Bush, but I realize tha the troops are there and they are humans, and saying that god is punishing them is just insane. I want to crack her skull, oh yes I do.

JKirk

18-06-2006 16:48:50

I saw that on TV when the CNN interview came on. I think that's one of the only times I've ever laughed and watched CNN.

PsychoAU

18-06-2006 17:00:42

How is this any different from when those guys protest at the funerals of homosexuals? How about when people protest outside of abortion clinics? No one gets all outraged when that happens. So why now? Could it be that we all just agreed with them hating gays and abortions but now that it is something we actually care about, we get all pissed off?

I think anyone who hates this woman is no better than them hating the soldiers.

I salute her for having the balls to do something like this. And I love every second of air time the media gives her. Bravo, good madam. Bravo.

If the soldiers didn't want to die, they never should have signed up. It is a voluntary military after all. You can cry when the soldiers are forced to do what they do. Until then, accept the inevitable.

Killer722

18-06-2006 17:03:34

Psycho, you're a psycho. Freedom of speech and balls are great (haha, yea), but protesting at a funeral is 100% different from protesting at an abortion clinic. People don't mourn abortions, and abortions are optional. When someone in your family dies, you're already questioning your will to live on, and when some stupid bitch and her gay-hating friends come and tell him he deserved it, it's just horrible. He didn't want to die, he wanted to make money, just like anyone else.

PsychoAU

18-06-2006 17:19:38

[quote9b012b1305="Killer722"]People don't mourn abortions, and abortions are optional. ... He didn't want to die, he wanted to make money, just like anyone else.[/quote9b012b1305]

The mother who has to give up the baby mourns its death and her loss.

Signing up for the military is optional. He can make money doing a thousand other jobs that don't involve death, yet that guy decided to voluntarily be put in the face of danger.

If you don't want your kid to die in a war, get him a desk job at an office somewhere. Unless someone is forced to be in a war, then those that die in one are no more important than anyone else.

Your argument makes no sense and has no basis. The truth is that the public sees abortion as wrong, so we don't mind when people protest it. The public sees homosexuality as wrong, so we don't mind the protests. But when they decide to protest something we care about, this shlit storm of media happens.

America is the biggest bunch of hypocrites in the world. No wonder everyone hates us.

J4320

18-06-2006 17:29:11

I'd like to see her give some solid scriptural evidence to support all of that.

Looking at this as a Christian, I hate it when churches do that and make Christians look like that. It's about love, not hate.

JKirk

18-06-2006 17:33:53

[quotec0e38b352f="PsychoAU"][quotec0e38b352f="Killer722"]People don't mourn abortions, and abortions are optional. ... He didn't want to die, he wanted to make money, just like anyone else.[/quotec0e38b352f]

[bc0e38b352f]Signing up for the military is optional.[/bc0e38b352f] He can make money doing a thousand other jobs that don't involve death, yet that guy decided to voluntarily be put in the face of danger.
[/quotec0e38b352f]

It may be optional to actually sign up but sometimes the military is the only and best place for some kids to go. Would you rather see kids going into the military and risking being put into danger or see them on the streets or working for minimum wage or not having a job for the rest of their lives. My point is, it's flat out disrespectful for people to say that about soldiers who fight for America in the war and you have to agree with that.

Daggoth

18-06-2006 17:35:43

[quote2b0aefc258="PsychoAU"][quote2b0aefc258="Killer722"]People don't mourn abortions, and abortions are optional. ... He didn't want to die, he wanted to make money, just like anyone else.[/quote2b0aefc258]

Signing up for the military is optional. He can make money doing a thousand other jobs that don't involve death, yet that guy decided to voluntarily be put in the face of danger.

If you don't want your kid to die in a war, get him a desk job at an office somewhere. Unless someone is forced to be in a war, then those that die in one are no more important than anyone else.

Your argument makes no sense and has no basis. The truth is that the public sees abortion as wrong, so we don't mind when people protest it. The public sees homosexuality as wrong, so we don't mind the protests. But when they decide to protest something we care about, this shlit storm of media happens.

America is the biggest bunch of hypocrites in the world. No wonder everyone hates us.[/quote2b0aefc258]

Wow, where to begin...

How would you feel if your parents died and at their funeral comes some person saying it was the wrath of God because they were (insert occupation here).

Signing up for the military is optional, getting a job is optional, living is optional. Some people need a career instead of a min. wage job.

I hate this woman, but I do not hate the soldiers, so you are wrong on that account. You are using a false analogy.

There is a risk in any job you take, some more than others. Either way, the soldiers died and there family deserves some time to recopperate, instead of ending up on a political battleground.

theysayjump

18-06-2006 17:37:09

I don't believe in war or anything like that, I'm pretty close to despising Bush and his administration, but I'd never tell the soldiers who are over there or their families that they deserve to die. I'd never go to someone's funeral and protest, especially when they've done nothing wrong or weren't a bad person.

What did the soldiers do that was so bad? Sure, some of them are complete wankers and treat(ed) people over there like shit, but that's no reason to hate them all or protest every one of their funerals.

So because people choose to join the military means they DESERVE to die? No. They should EXPECT it, since it's always a possibility but by no means do they deserve it.

How are these people gonna like it when some of their church dies and people are protesting? I doubt they'd like it much because it will happen.

She's also saying that 9/11 was a good thing and that the widows of 9/11 are glad or happy that their husbands are dead and that their kids have no fathers and are making millions off of it.

h3x

18-06-2006 17:37:41

She's a disgrace to the perception of Americans on a worldwide level (and the world isn't crazy about us as is).

Killer722

18-06-2006 17:39:13

[quoteee784de7b4="PsychoAU"][quoteee784de7b4="Killer722"]People don't mourn abortions, and abortions are optional. ... He didn't want to die, he wanted to make money, just like anyone else.[/quoteee784de7b4]

America is the biggest bunch of hypocrites in the world. No wonder everyone hates us.[/quoteee784de7b4]

I really don't feel like going through all of your post and counter-arguing, but even if you were the most articulate person in the world and had a solid argument, absolutely nothing can justify a protest at a funeral, period. Nothing. ?

johnjimjones

18-06-2006 17:46:01

Umm....sooo why hasn't someone disposed of these people? If they did this to a funeral that I was at. They'd be next in line for a funeral. This is absolutely terrible.

jy3

18-06-2006 17:55:47

[quote0e446905f7="johnjimjones"]Umm....sooo why hasn't someone disposed of these people? If they did this to a funeral that I was at. They'd be next in line for a funeral. This is absolutely terrible.[/quote0e446905f7]

"woke up this morning, and got myself a gun..."
jjj, are u a soprano? ;)

I think it is possible to be against war, support the children of our country in their efforts to follow orders, and be patriotic at the same time (not fanatic).

CollidgeGraduit

18-06-2006 17:57:15

There's a group of veterans in the midwest that shows up at these protests, on their Harleys, and stands between the protestors and the funeral. These guys drive to each soldier's funeral, on their own dime, and outnumber the nutjobs. Kudos to them for showing the family how many more people support them compared to the idiots.

Tholek

18-06-2006 18:03:19

I knew TSJ closed that other thread for ulterior motives... ;)

Anyhow, while I don't totally agree with PsychoAU, these people are all lawyers. They know what they can, and can't do by law, and like the KKK, they have certain rights.

What people don't get about these people is that they do it all for attention. Ignoring them is the best weapon against them. In the case of funerals, the best thing would probably be to erect a temporary barrier to keep them out of sight of the mourners, and perhaps have the ceremony music turned up to drown them out. Should that be? No, but they're within their rights to protest.

As for me, I [i8aaf9baac1]do[/i8aaf9baac1] hate what they do, but having her keep calling Ron & Fez or Stern to promote themselves, and being tooled on over and over again is almost worth it. )

[quote8aaf9baac1="PsychoAU"]How is this any different from when those guys protest at the funerals of homosexuals?[/quote8aaf9baac1]

These are the same people. They're now multitasking. ;)

PsychoAU

18-06-2006 18:06:28

[quote19b9965e82="theysayjump"]She's also saying that 9/11 was a good thing and that the widows of 9/11 are glad or happy that their husbands are dead and that their kids have no fathers and are making millions off of it.[/quote19b9965e82]

I agree with that. They may not have wanted their husbands to die, but now that they have, they are doing what any capitalist American does. They milk it for all it's worth. Instead of quietly dealing with it at home, they are insistant on being at the forefront of the politics that 9/11 generated.

Exactly the same way the parents of the Columbine victims did when that happened.

Just to clarify, I was not saying the soldiers deserve to die, I am saying they should plan on the possibility. Exactly the same way a cop does, etc. If you agree to be in that line of work, then you should expect a bullet to liquify your brain at amy moment.

The only reason people enter the military instead of living on the streets is because they know that if you die in the military, your family is taken care of. And if you die in the streets, you are lucky to even get a paragraph in the local newspaper.

Americans are selfish. They are only out for their individual best interests. That in istelf is not a bad thing at all, but to hide those intentions behind the guise of morality is worst travesty that we could commit.

Tholek

18-06-2006 18:07:25

[quote93af1e0d0b="CollidgeGraduit"]There's a group of veterans in the midwest that shows up at these protests, on their Harleys, and stands between the protestors and the funeral. These guys drive to each soldier's funeral, on their own dime, and outnumber the nutjobs. Kudos to them for showing the family how many more people support them compared to the idiots.[/quote93af1e0d0b]

The Hell's Angels, IIRC. One called in to counter her on Ron & Fez too, and he sounded like a college professor compared to her raving.

I forgot to say that people should NOT confuse these people with actual Baptists. These people are Calvinists.

Godrockdj

18-06-2006 18:15:22

I think she's a nut, along with the rest of her 'church'.

Btw as far as scriptural evidence - Biblical text can and has been twisted to fit every possible agenda.

johnjimjones

18-06-2006 18:27:47

[quote39ba8ab17a="jy3"][quote39ba8ab17a="johnjimjones"]Umm....sooo why hasn't someone disposed of these people? If they did this to a funeral that I was at. They'd be next in line for a funeral. This is absolutely terrible.[/quote39ba8ab17a]

"woke up this morning, and got myself a gun..."
jjj, are u a soprano? ;)

I think it is possible to be against war, support the children of our country in their efforts to follow orders, and be patriotic at the same time (not fanatic).[/quote39ba8ab17a]

lol I'm sure with my Italian flag in my sig that was an easy connection to make. I really don't know why I chose 'dispose' rather than some other word.

burritopunk

18-06-2006 18:31:55

I would love to shoot every one of those members of the "church" in each kneecap.

Tholek

18-06-2006 18:33:24

[quote72c79d09e3="PsychoAU"][quote72c79d09e3="theysayjump"]She's also saying that 9/11 was a good thing and that the widows of 9/11 are glad or happy that their husbands are dead and that their kids have no fathers and are making millions off of it.[/quote72c79d09e3]

I agree with that. They may not have wanted their husbands to die, but now that they have, they are doing what any capitalist American does. They milk it for all it's worth. Instead of quietly dealing with it at home, they are insistant on being at the forefront of the politics that 9/11 generated.[/quote72c79d09e3]

Retreading Coulter again?

I agree that of all those marriages that ended on 9/11, some may have been far from happy, and the widows might be somewhat merry, but to apply that to ALL of them is an irresponisble comment. Coulter should have clarified her stement. This woman (Shirley) is merely riding her coattails to get the press.

Just remembered that this cul- I mean "church", is also full of inbreds. Literally.

http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church_(Topeka)

UsfGeek

18-06-2006 18:36:45

What a crazy hobag!

bballp6699

18-06-2006 18:39:34

What's worse, the shit that this bitch is talking about, or the fact that no one has shot her yet?

Daggoth

18-06-2006 18:41:53

This is so harsh but

I'd rather have everyone in her family die except for her, so I can go protest at the funeral.

PsychoAU

18-06-2006 18:45:10

[quote56f6aa2269="bballp6699"]What's worse, the shit that this bitch is talking about, or the fact that no one has shot her yet?[/quote56f6aa2269]

Funny how it is okay to want to kill anyone who doesn't agree with you.

But if anyone tries to do the same to anyone you care about, suddenly everything is different.

I wish Iran would hurry up and deploy a nuke over here. Just wipe America right off the map.

Daggoth

18-06-2006 18:48:59

[quoteda7a87869a="PsychoAU"][quoteda7a87869a="bballp6699"]What's worse, the shit that this bitch is talking about, or the fact that no one has shot her yet?[/quoteda7a87869a]

But if anyone tries to do the same to anyone you care about, suddenly everything is different.

I wish Iran would hurry up and deploy a nuke over here. Just wipe America right off the map.[/quoteda7a87869a]

Let me put it this way. Many people hate Saddam, so we want to kill him. But then you step in and say "just cuz you dont agree with him killing his people, you think you should kill him. In my world, we would let him kill his people."

Usa has soooo many SAM sites, counter nukes, and defense systems that one nuke will never be able to make it into the US.

tylerc

18-06-2006 18:51:23

Don't like America? Leave. No one is forcing you to live here.

PsychoAU

18-06-2006 18:52:43

[quote7c0104b7f4="tylerc"]Don't like America? Leave. No one is forcing you to live here.[/quote7c0104b7f4]

Buy me a ticket and I will gladly go. Any takers?

bballp6699

18-06-2006 18:54:08

[quote8e709386ba="PsychoAU"][quote8e709386ba="bballp6699"]What's worse, the shit that this bitch is talking about, or the fact that no one has shot her yet?[/quote8e709386ba]

I wish Iran would hurry up and deploy a nuke over here. Just wipe America right off the map.[/quote8e709386ba]

You?

http//www.bbc.co.uk/norfolk/kids/images/goths_shadow_mercy_150.jpg[" alt=""/img8e709386ba]

Daggoth

18-06-2006 18:55:35

[quoteacad9c7ac9="PsychoAU"][quoteacad9c7ac9="tylerc"]Don't like America? Leave. No one is forcing you to live here.[/quoteacad9c7ac9]

Buy me a ticket and I will gladly go. Any takers?[/quoteacad9c7ac9]

So you are saying that if I buy you a one way ticket to, lets say, the Yukon, you would stay there?

PsychoAU

18-06-2006 18:57:15

[quoteb0a56d275a="Daggoth"]So you are saying that if I buy you a one way ticket to, lets say, the Yukon, you would stay there?[/quoteb0a56d275a]

Sure.

bballp6699

18-06-2006 18:59:10

Personally I just think you're some loser living in your mom's basement that has to be a hard ass. EVERY time there's a thread about anything controversial, you come in like some kind of tough guy and try to take on the asshole role. Get a new act. It's pretty old.

Daggoth

18-06-2006 19:04:33

[quote37fc40e697="PsychoAU"][quote37fc40e697="Daggoth"]So you are saying that if I buy you a one way ticket to, lets say, the Yukon, you would stay there?[/quote37fc40e697]

Sure.[/quote37fc40e697]

100% Lie.

jy3

18-06-2006 19:05:07

[quote4528b0727b="tylerc"]Don't like America? Leave. No one is forcing you to live here.[/quote4528b0727b]

why is it people always resort to personal attacks on those with viewpoints that don't align with their own. tyler, let us keep this discussion off of the "I'm rubber, you're glue" path

johnjimjones

18-06-2006 19:05:54

Someone get this kid a ticket then.

tylerc

18-06-2006 19:06:21

jy3--I don't care if people have different opinions or anything like that, but when people start bitching and moaning about America and how we are a bunch of hypocrites and this country sucks, I get pissed because no one is forcing them to live here.

It's simple, don't like it, move somewhere else.

CollidgeGraduit

18-06-2006 19:07:16

Anyone who has a website titled "GodHatesFags.com" can't claim to have any biblical basis. If they are professing to believe the Bible, they are accepting that homosexuality is a sin, and that Jesus tells us to love the sinner, hate the sin. They're just psycho nutjobs that want the attention.

CollidgeGraduit

18-06-2006 19:09:58

[quotef347e68463="Tholek"][quotef347e68463="CollidgeGraduit"]There's a group of veterans in the midwest that shows up at these protests, on their Harleys, and stands between the protestors and the funeral. These guys drive to each soldier's funeral, on their own dime, and outnumber the nutjobs. Kudos to them for showing the family how many more people support them compared to the idiots.[/quotef347e68463]

The Hell's Angels, IIRC. One called in to counter her on Ron & Fez too, and he sounded like a college professor compared to her raving.

I forgot to say that people should NOT confuse these people with actual Baptists. These people are Calvinists.[/quotef347e68463]

I just looked it up, they're the Patriot Guard Riders. While I do believe that for the purpose of getting rid of WBC, it's better to ignore them -- but I think it's great that they spend their own money to show support for the families.

UsfGeek

18-06-2006 19:10:39

PsychoAU, I respect your opinion totally, but let's get serious. What did those soldiers do? Stand up for our country? And suddenly that's bad? I don't think so. She is absolutely crazy. Thank God for Katrina? So now suddenly over 1,000 people deserve to die? That's what it sounds like you are saying. This woman doesn't even know her scripture. She twists into what she says. I agree with the woman in the pink http//youtube.com/watch?v=qCdT9dfrb-Q&mode=related&search=WestBoro[]http//youtube.com/watch?v=qCdT9dfrb-Q&mode=related&search=WestBoro

She is going to hell because of her ignorance. You should love thy neighbor. Oh and one last question for you, When did God start hating Jews? As long as I remember, Jesus was a Jew. Your statements make no sense at all. Get your act together. Please, for the sake of everyone. This woman needs to stop spreading lies. I hope they burn her car like they almost did here http//youtube.com/watch?v=BZGKx2pTBQc&mode=related&search=WestBoro[]http//youtube.com/watch?v=BZGKx2pTBQc&mode=related&search=WestBoro.

How can you call yourself a christian and spread that word? It's just outright stupid. God wants us to love everyone, no matter what, and how can you say that you wanna move out of the United States? Let's let you go live in [bdb1748df2e]Iraq or China[/bdb1748df2e] and see how you like it there! Trust me, those communist hoes will take you down in no time. Appreciate your freedom and what it's worth.

USFGEEK

PsychoAU

18-06-2006 19:12:27

[quote3e152728c3="CollidgeGraduit"]Jesus tells us to love the sinner, hate the sin.[/quote3e152728c3]

So when everyone here says they want to kill these guys, is that loving the sinner?

CollidgeGraduit

18-06-2006 19:13:56

[quote69760503d5="PsychoAU"][quote69760503d5="CollidgeGraduit"]Jesus tells us to love the sinner, hate the sin.[/quote69760503d5]

So when everyone here says they want to kill these guys, is that loving the sinner?[/quote69760503d5]

When did I say they're right to want to kill them? All I said was that the WBC was wrong for what they're doing.

theysayjump

18-06-2006 19:15:51

[quote139f4a96cd="Daggoth"]Usa has soooo many SAM sites, counter nukes, and defense systems that one nuke will never be able to make it into the US.[/quote139f4a96cd]

Not to get too off-topic, but this is the exact attitude that allowed 9/11 to happen.

Never say never.

johnjimjones

18-06-2006 19:23:20

[quoted80f771b33="PsychoAU"][quoted80f771b33="CollidgeGraduit"]Jesus tells us to love the sinner, hate the sin.[/quoted80f771b33]

So when everyone here says they want to kill these guys, is that loving the sinner?[/quoted80f771b33]

A kiss of death? wink

Tholek

18-06-2006 19:24:32

[quote9d6070e962="CollidgeGraduit"][quote9d6070e962="Tholek"][quote9d6070e962="CollidgeGraduit"]There's a group of veterans in the midwest that shows up at these protests, on their Harleys, and stands between the protestors and the funeral. These guys drive to each soldier's funeral, on their own dime, and outnumber the nutjobs. Kudos to them for showing the family how many more people support them compared to the idiots.[/quote9d6070e962]

I forgot to say that people should NOT confuse these people with actual Baptists. These people are Calvinists.[/quote9d6070e962]

I just looked it up, they're the Patriot Guard Riders. While I do believe that for the purpose of getting rid of WBC, it's better to ignore them -- but I think it's great that they spend their own money to show support for the families.[/quote9d6070e962]

IDRC. ;) The guy [i9d6070e962]did[/i9d6070e962] call the show though. Not what most would say sounds like a "biker", either.

The scariest thing, also one of the funniest things, is when Ron asks her and her kids (sometimes a class of them) sing "The Pope Is On Fire" over the phone. She does it every time. Little kids singing about people burning in hell.

I thought Prussian Blue was bad...

PsychoAU

18-06-2006 19:27:13

[quote1afcf54e7c="UsfGeek"]Thank God for Katrina? So now suddenly over 1,000 people deserve to die? That's what it sounds like you are saying. [/quote1afcf54e7c]

First of all, I never said anything about Katrina. But since we are on the subject, Pat Robertson said that Katrina was God's way of punishing us. But we just write him off as crazy and leave it at that. I don't see everyone wanting him to burn at a stake.

[quote1afcf54e7c]When did God start hating Jews? As long as I remember, Jesus was a Jew. Your statements make no sense at all. Get your act together.[/quote1afcf54e7c]

I never said anything about Jews...

[quote1afcf54e7c]How can you call yourself a christian and spread that word? It's just outright stupid.[/quote1afcf54e7c]

I never called myself a Christian, and I have not made any references to scripture.

[quote1afcf54e7c]God wants us to love everyone, no matter what, [/quote1afcf54e7c]

Where is the love for this woman?

[quote1afcf54e7c]and how can you say that you wanna move out of the United States? Let's let you go live in [b1afcf54e7c]Iraq or China[/b1afcf54e7c] and see how you like it there! Trust me, those communist hoes will take you down in no time.[/quote1afcf54e7c]

If anyone wants to send me money for a ticket out of the US (to anywhere of their choosing), they are more than welcome to send the money my way.

Daggoth

18-06-2006 19:28:03

[quotebe5694e744="theysayjump"][quotebe5694e744="Daggoth"]Usa has soooo many SAM sites, counter nukes, and defense systems that one nuke will never be able to make it into the US.[/quotebe5694e744]

Not to get too off-topic, but this is the exact attitude that allowed 9/11 to happen.

Never say never.[/quotebe5694e744]

No one announced 9/11, on the other hand, Iraq has announced it has nukes. Also, america has improved security since then. On top of all that, theres a big difference between detecting a hijacked plane inside your country and a nuke coming towards your country.

I am not saying it won't happen. There is a slim chance, just like 9/11.

PsychoAU

18-06-2006 19:30:10

[quote7bf0548d05="Daggoth"]On top of all that, theres a big difference between detecting a hijacked plane inside your country and a nuke coming towards your country. [/quote7bf0548d05]

Has Tom Clancy taught us nothing?

UsfGeek

18-06-2006 19:33:14

[quote8a02b3e412="PsychoAU"][quote8a02b3e412="UsfGeek"]Thank God for Katrina? So now suddenly over 1,000 people deserve to die? That's what it sounds like you are saying. [/quote8a02b3e412]

First of all, I never said anything about Katrina. But since we are on the subject, Pat Robertson said that Katrina was God's way of punishing us. But we just write him off as crazy and leave it at that. I don't see everyone wanting him to burn at a stake.

[quote8a02b3e412]When did God start hating Jews? As long as I remember, Jesus was a Jew. Your statements make no sense at all. Get your act together.[/quote8a02b3e412]

I never said anything about Jews...

[quote8a02b3e412]How can you call yourself a christian and spread that word? It's just outright stupid.[/quote8a02b3e412]

I never called myself a Christian, and I have not made any references to scripture.

[quote8a02b3e412]God wants us to love everyone, no matter what, [/quote8a02b3e412]

Where is the love for this woman?

[quote8a02b3e412]and how can you say that you wanna move out of the United States? Let's let you go live in [b8a02b3e412]Iraq or China[/b8a02b3e412] and see how you like it there! Trust me, those communist hoes will take you down in no time.[/quote8a02b3e412]

If anyone wants to send me money for a ticket out of the US (to anywhere of their choosing), they are more than welcome to send the money my way.[/quote8a02b3e412]

Oh yeah, so you wanna die in Pakistan or Iraq or China? Let's get everyone on FIG to pitch in and buy this guy a direct ticket to China! We'll start a big pot. I just can't see how you can side with this bitch..........

jy3

18-06-2006 19:41:44

maybe he is taking an extremist view point to prove a point?

Gigante

18-06-2006 19:54:31

That lady is a fucktard.
80% of the church is her family.
If she is acting out God's plan, then fuck God. (Obviously she isn't, so fuck her)

johnjimjones

18-06-2006 20:46:52

[quote15ddadee36="PsychoAU"][quote15ddadee36="Daggoth"]On top of all that, theres a big difference between detecting a hijacked plane inside your country and a nuke coming towards your country. [/quote15ddadee36]

Has Tom Clancy taught us nothing?[/quote15ddadee36]

Tom Clancy is fiction?

UniPrize Media

18-06-2006 21:17:21

She will be shot very soon.

Instead of getting rid of her, we should concentrate on getting rid of Bush and all the WAR-loving conservatives.

johnjimjones

18-06-2006 21:25:17

[quote646bd591c4="ulenie"]She will be shot very soon.

Instead of getting rid of her, we should concentrate on getting rid of Bush and all the WAR-loving conservatives.[/quote646bd591c4]

Whoa easy there, one hot topic at a time lol

theysayjump

18-06-2006 21:30:11

lol

DIYdooder

18-06-2006 22:13:35

[quotecbfc0d47fd="Killer722"][quotecbfc0d47fd="PsychoAU"][quotecbfc0d47fd="Killer722"]People don't mourn abortions, and abortions are optional. ... He didn't want to die, he wanted to make money, just like anyone else.[/quotecbfc0d47fd]

America is the biggest bunch of hypocrites in the world. No wonder everyone hates us.[/quotecbfc0d47fd]

I really don't feel like going through all of your post and counter-arguing, but even if you were the most articulate person in the world and had a solid argument, absolutely nothing can justify a protest at a funeral, period. Nothing. ?[/quotecbfc0d47fd]

What religion are you?

syriandoode

18-06-2006 23:00:33

[quote545d6caa0d]and how can you say that you wanna move out of the United States? Let's let you go live in [b545d6caa0d]Iraq or China[/b545d6caa0d] and see how you like it there! Trust me, those [b545d6caa0d]communist[/b545d6caa0d] hoes will take you down in no time.[/quote545d6caa0d]

just a little political mistake there, Iraq is not a communist state, although china is. not sure if you meant both or just China.

I find this sort of thing insulting not just to Christianity but this is going to give the Middle East an even worse view of America which isnt too hot right now (

tjwor

18-06-2006 23:19:44

[quotea3fdc494ec]Then, of course, there's Fred Phelps. It's kind of hard to describe Fred Phelps, really, because he's such a certified nutcase. Phelps seems to think that he's on a mission from God to hate everybody. Phelps and friends went and protested the singing of Handel's Messiah in Lindsborg, Kansas, because Lindsborg is known as "Little Sweden," and apparently Sweden is friendly to gays or something. The fact that Lindsborg has zero current relationship to Sweden apparently never crossed his mind.[/quotea3fdc494ec]

I feel special, they came to my town D

Gooogler

18-06-2006 23:20:45

I'll post this lady's phone number for you guys tomorrow. ;)

JordanE

18-06-2006 23:49:19

I really don't think freedom of speech was ment to be taken this far.

Though I don't personally believe in gay marriage or any form of homosexuality. I would never wish death upon someone who dose. Or take it to a level anywhere near what she and many others do. Everyone is accountable to God and will ultimitly be judged for there actions. But by God [b5c726fa917]NOT[/b5c726fa917] by me. Though given the chance I would vote against gay marriage. But thats not the point.

This bitch is a fascist nazi. The olny thing I hate about are constitution. Is that it protects people (or vile filth as I would prefer to call them) like this.

jeff7602

19-06-2006 00:34:42

There is a long interview with her on the "dirty little secrets" podcast. It's two pastors that are interviewing her. They are called the porn pastors because they fight against porn. The thing I hate is that when she starts talking she never shuts up. You ask her a question and she just ignores it and keeps talking.

PsychoAU

19-06-2006 04:08:58

[quote69d6232919="jeff7602"]The thing I hate is that when she starts talking she never shuts up. You ask her a question and she just ignores it and keeps talking.[/quote69d6232919]

She must have learned that from O'Reilly.

CollidgeGraduit

19-06-2006 04:14:27

[quoted449f341a4="PsychoAU"][quoted449f341a4="jeff7602"]The thing I hate is that when she starts talking she never shuts up. You ask her a question and she just ignores it and keeps talking.[/quoted449f341a4]

She must have learned that from O'Reilly.[/quoted449f341a4]

Or from anybody remotely associated with politics, really -- no matter what their partisan affiliation is.

Godrockdj

19-06-2006 06:07:17

[quotec325a57191="jeff7602"]There is a long interview with her on the "dirty little secrets" podcast. It's two pastors that are interviewing her. They are called the porn pastors because they fight against porn. The thing I hate is that when she starts talking she never shuts up. You ask her a question and she just ignores it and keeps talking.[/quotec325a57191]

Well [ic325a57191]that[/ic325a57191]'s her crutch. She and her people have several areas in which they have answers rehearsed down to a T. Anytime an interviewer asks a question in that region they can spit them out. But deviate from that, and you can see the transparency of their knowledge and beliefs. On the H&C interview Colmes asked her at one point "So what are [ic325a57191]your [/ic325a57191]sins?" It stopped her in her rants for just a few moments before she could regroup, ignore the question, and continue on with something totally unrelated.

However disgusting and distorted they are taking it, I agree with their freedoms of speech & demonstration. And however much they are defaming the general name of my faith, I will still pray for them. Of course I am going to be praying for everyone involved in this situation.

Tholek

19-06-2006 07:27:03

Pray for those children in her care. Ugh, what she must be teaching them...

chillywilly

20-06-2006 10:57:05

These wack jobs are too much. I've know about them for a long time now, but refuse to give them any sort of attention (which is exactly what they want).

I was happy that Stern didn't give Shirley that much attention the other morning.

It would be nice if these sick fucks went away. I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.

theysayjump

20-06-2006 11:11:13

[quote2d2652780c="Tholek"]Pray for those children in her care. Ugh, what she must be teaching them...[/quote2d2652780c]

I think that's the worst part for me.

You go to their site and see picture of babies and a little older wearing "God hates fags" and "God hates America" t-shirts and you just know how the kids are going to grow up.

The first years are the most impressionable so unfortunately it looks as though these kids may be lost to wacko-land already. (

UsfGeek

20-06-2006 11:34:46

[quotee9b59cc08f="syriandoode"][quotee9b59cc08f]and how can you say that you wanna move out of the United States? Let's let you go live in [be9b59cc08f]Iraq or China[/be9b59cc08f] and see how you like it there! Trust me, those [be9b59cc08f]communist[/be9b59cc08f] hoes will take you down in no time.[/quotee9b59cc08f]

just a little political mistake there, Iraq is not a communist state, although china is. not sure if you meant both or just China.

I find this sort of thing insulting not just to Christianity but this is going to give the Middle East an even worse view of America which isnt too hot right now ([/quotee9b59cc08f]

I wasn't saying that Iraq was communist, I know they're not, but Iraq used to not be one of the hottest countries to live in. Saddam was an asshole. I wasn't trying to offend anyone by that statement, I just wanted him to see that America is definitely one of the greatest places to live today. You have a freedom of speech and everything. I didn't mean that all the Middle East was bad. Lebanon is good, and some of Israel is good, it's just that it is a totally different place than here.

plusnightlife

20-06-2006 14:07:53

they don't even deserve a thread that bashes them... don't ever mention their names again

tylerc

20-06-2006 14:25:14

I'm not defending their beliefs in anyway and I certainly don't agree with them, but it's their right to think this if they want. It's sick, yes, and if I had my way they would be dead, but it IS their right to think the way they do.

theysayjump

20-06-2006 14:28:19

I don't think anyone is saying they shouldn't think what they think, of course I don't agree with them and I'd prefer it if they didn't think like that, but preaching hate, discrimination and biggotry, as well as protesting at people's funeral (even though it's legal) is what I have a problem with.

UsfGeek

20-06-2006 14:37:37

I definitely think that protesting at people's funerals is by far STRETCHING the first amendment way to far. People just don't deserve that. The soldier was fighting for our country.

akalic

20-06-2006 15:02:40

[quote880154a632="tylerc"]jy3--I don't care if people have different opinions or anything like that, but when people start bitching and moaning about America and how we are a bunch of hypocrites and this country sucks, I get pissed because no one is forcing them to live here.

It's simple, don't like it, move somewhere else.[/quote880154a632]

thats a pretty naive philosophy of living you got going there. \

heres my opinion on it..

i think its MORALLY wrong to be thankful for the deaths of people and i bleieve that the westboro people believe in the Bible so literally that the times back then are the times of today and they are looking far too indepth into what the real passages in the bible is truly meant. I'm pretty sure God has the power to reign over a nation, and he MAY intentionally cause disasters (death) but it should not be praised about; it should be something that is seen and should be the epiphany of a more optimistic change for a better life. the way these people see life can be almost classified as the 'reverse' of what the bible's true intent was. I mean one different alternation of meanings throughout the bible can totally convert one to believe something outrageous..

theysayjump

20-06-2006 15:40:58

[quote4495ea1d15="akalic"][quote4495ea1d15="tylerc"]jy3--I don't care if people have different opinions or anything like that, but when people start bitching and moaning about America and how we are a bunch of hypocrites and this country sucks, I get pissed because no one is forcing them to live here.

It's simple, don't like it, move somewhere else.[/quote4495ea1d15]

heres my opinion on it..

i think its MORALLY wrong to be thankful for the deaths of people and i bleieve that the westboro people believe in the Bible so literally that the times back then are the times of today and they are looking far too indepth into what the real passages in the bible is truly meant. I'm pretty sure God has the power to reign over a nation, and he MAY intentionally cause disasters (death) but it should not be praised about; it should be something that is seen and should be the epiphany of a more optimistic change for a better life. the way these people see life can be almost classified as the 'reverse' of what the bible's true intent was. I mean one different alternation of meanings throughout the bible can totally convert one to believe something outrageous..[/quote4495ea1d15]

Exactly.

It's the same with these Islamic Fundamentalists. They've twisted Islam to fit their extreme agenda's and beliefs when in actual fact, Islam is one of the most peaceful religions on this planet.

They are giving a bad image of Islam and especially with the way the media are in this country, it only spreads ignorance.

PsychoAU

20-06-2006 18:17:37

[quoteb74f7c8329="theysayjump"]Exactly.

It's the same with these Islamic Fundamentalists. They've twisted Islam to fit their extreme agenda's and beliefs when in actual fact, Islam is one of the most peaceful religions on this planet.

They are giving a bad image of Islam and especially with the way the media are in this country, it only spreads ignorance.[/quoteb74f7c8329]

I'm sorry, are we in 2001 again or is this Tired Argument Day?

theysayjump

20-06-2006 18:20:28

Apology accepted.

Yes, this is 2001 but also, it's Tired Arguement Day! Wow, double the fun! 8)

Don't get too carried away in all the excitement though, someone may actually develop some sort of an idea about what you're talking about.

syriandoode

20-06-2006 21:46:23

[quoteb8ee2eed6e="theysayjump"][quoteb8ee2eed6e="akalic"][quoteb8ee2eed6e="tylerc"]jy3--I don't care if people have different opinions or anything like that, but when people start bitching and moaning about America and how we are a bunch of hypocrites and this country sucks, I get pissed because no one is forcing them to live here.

It's simple, don't like it, move somewhere else.[/quoteb8ee2eed6e]

heres my opinion on it..

i think its MORALLY wrong to be thankful for the deaths of people and i bleieve that the westboro people believe in the Bible so literally that the times back then are the times of today and they are looking far too indepth into what the real passages in the bible is truly meant. I'm pretty sure God has the power to reign over a nation, and he MAY intentionally cause disasters (death) but it should not be praised about; it should be something that is seen and should be the epiphany of a more optimistic change for a better life. the way these people see life can be almost classified as the 'reverse' of what the bible's true intent was. I mean one different alternation of meanings throughout the bible can totally convert one to believe something outrageous..[/quoteb8ee2eed6e]

Exactly.

It's the same with these Islamic Fundamentalists. They've twisted Islam to fit their extreme agenda's and beliefs when in actual fact, [bb8ee2eed6e]Islam is one of the most peaceful religions on this planet.[/bb8ee2eed6e]

They are giving a bad image of Islam and especially with the way the media are in this country, it only spreads ignorance.[/quoteb8ee2eed6e]

you can not even begin to comprehend how much i appreciate that

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/smilies_mod/upload/e37d37ccd7f054bdfb7062f0e6495885.gif[" alt=""/imgb8ee2eed6e]

amir89630

21-06-2006 08:54:36

So god loves fags?

CollidgeGraduit

21-06-2006 10:36:34

[quote6496f82a84="amir89630"]So god loves fags?[/quote6496f82a84]

Knock it off, or be gone for good.

amir89630

21-06-2006 10:56:53

NM

i just realized god is indifferent to gays. Yes, he doesn't love them, and he doesn't hate them.

This is a result of a collective analysis of different sources.

Veek

21-06-2006 11:00:16

roll

ajasax

21-06-2006 11:46:54

[quotec47aadff3e="theysayjump"]It's the same with these Islamic Fundamentalists. They've twisted Islam to fit their extreme agenda's and beliefs when in actual fact, Islam is one of the most peaceful religions on this planet.

They are giving a bad image of Islam and especially with the way the media are in this country, it only spreads ignorance.[/quotec47aadff3e]
I agree completely with akalic and TSJ. All religions are based off of peace. I took world religions last semester, and it really helped me see the connections between all the world's religions. How they are fundamentally similar in that they provide a purpose for life, and an explanation of the "after-life." Religion can be used as a powerful tool for political extremists to influence people for their needs.

CollidgeGraduit

21-06-2006 11:57:19

[quotec6fd1f46bd="amir89630"]NM

i just realized god is indifferent to gays. Yes, he doesn't love them, and he doesn't hate them.

This is a result of a collective analysis of different sources.[/quotec6fd1f46bd]

Using the Bible as a source, God loves all people equally.

jy3

21-06-2006 13:14:37

[quotef45707618e="CollidgeGraduit"][quotef45707618e="amir89630"]NM

This is a result of a collective analysis of different sources.[/quotef45707618e]

Using the Bible as a source, God loves all people equally.[/quotef45707618e]
[sarcasm to prove a point]
and we all know that the christian god would punish people who are seeking happyness thru love and kindness towards each other more than those who are adulterous, steal, cheat, and do all the other things that these religious people, like all people, do who just so happen to also be so anti-gay. pick your poison.

[/sarcasm to prove a point]

CollidgeGraduit

21-06-2006 14:11:50

[quotee7ee94f7be="jy3"][quotee7ee94f7be="CollidgeGraduit"][quotee7ee94f7be="amir89630"]NM

This is a result of a collective analysis of different sources.[/quotee7ee94f7be]

Using the Bible as a source, God loves all people equally.[/quotee7ee94f7be]
[sarcasm to prove a point]
and we all know that the christian god would punish people who are seeking happyness thru love and kindness towards each other more than those who are adulterous, steal, cheat, and do all the other things that these religious people, like all people, do who just so happen to also be so anti-gay. pick your poison.

[/sarcasm to prove a point][/quotee7ee94f7be]

I'm not trying to flame here, but your point was lost in that lack of correct punctuation.

JJPRO11

21-06-2006 15:11:25

why cant we just drop these idiots in the middle of iraq and be done with it.. im sure they will love it over there since america is sooo bad. that or give me a few to take the place of my punching bag once in a while for my workout. hitting assholes is a lot more fun than hitting a heavy bag.