An iPod newb...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=41223

DrkWarlock

14-06-2006 07:33:38

Well I just got my iPod the other day and I am still trying to fix iTune's way of organzing the music.

For example...within the iTunes Music Folder, there would be an Aerosmith Folder. Within that folder there will be multiple folders, each for whatever album I may have uploaded. Now, I have greatest hits vol 2 and within that, you will find most of the songs that are in that album. However, I will go back to the iTune's Music folder, scroll down and find a folder named Joe Perry...etc and within that folder there is the aerosmith greatest hits vol 2 again and within that folder there is one song.

Now why in the world is iTunes seperating the albums like that? And this isnt just the one case. Its happening to a lot of my music. Having useless additional folders like that makes searching by artist on my iPod very cumbersome. I would just like to have all the songs and albums (for say Aeromsmith, again) under one root folder entitled Aerosmith. Same goes with any other affected folders.

So, can anyone please help me out here and explain to me how I can patch all of this up?

Help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
-Drk

EatChex89

14-06-2006 10:16:13

don't worry about it, or use a different program

hehehhehe

14-06-2006 10:24:27

Sounds like it's your ID3 tags, not itunes that is the problem.