NBA FINALS - MAVS vs. HEAT - WHO WINS

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=40667

good2speed

05-06-2006 15:23:13

This is the moment every basketball fan has awaited for.

Will Wade advance his game even further by doing something unprecedented in the finals.

Will Shaq be a beast and force AJ to come up with as many schemes as possible to contain him?

Will the Heat find a defender that can contain Dirk douchebag? (Sorry Mavs fans I have to talk some trash)

Will Miami's role players still have one more series to step up and provide a lift on both offense and defense?

I am a believer and will say The Heat in six. Altough Dallas may look as a more complete team ATM I still know that the heat will pull together these last few games and bring one home for the fans, the old guys, and the youngins.

Can you dig it?

and most importantly...

If the Mavs lose will Mark Cuban cry?

We need Ernie, Chuck, and Kenny working on the gone fishing with Dirk, Hasselhoff, and Cuban..

Stroid

05-06-2006 15:33:58

Dallas in 6

good2speed

05-06-2006 15:36:57

[quote87e9da7a2d="Stroid"]Dallas in 6[/quote87e9da7a2d]

thats nice. I'm hoping more people feel the same way. Think the heat come out a little stronger as the underdog and carry a chip on their shoulder.

jy3

05-06-2006 15:39:43

ha, i made it a tie 11

Wolfeman

05-06-2006 15:44:33

Miami in 7. Wade is such a man, he is going to carry them. Shaq is playing better than he has in years and no one on Dallas can contain him...

stackmjwiz

05-06-2006 15:53:20

[quote0e7c7608ca]Dallas in 6[/quote0e7c7608ca]

That's my prediction.

Dallas has way to many weapons. Dirk will win his 1st Ring.

somethinggarlic

05-06-2006 15:59:55

Dallas easy. Miami might win a couple, but thats it.

Wolfeman

05-06-2006 16:00:31

Are you guys forgetting how good Shaq is playing?

jordan90

05-06-2006 16:02:00

I honestly don't care. I'm just glad that the Pistons and Spurs are both out because they've been the two really good teams for who knows how long. But I'm guessing this'll be a 7-game series.

justinag06

05-06-2006 18:40:11

shaq is shaq, he cant carry the team. Him and wade will get their points. Just like duncan did when the spurs played him. He had one of his best playoffs ever.

Dirk and Howard create serious machup problems for the heat. Diop and Dampier will be able to slow shaq down as good as any other normal center does. The dallas bench, and avery's coaching will be the key in the victory though.

Dallas beat the heat 117-75 or something last time they played. You can say whatever you want about this being a different heat team and all, but it was wade and shaq then. It'll be wade and shaq tomorrow. The dallas D is gonna shut down all of their role players.

good2speed

05-06-2006 20:35:10

[quoteb32cd55764="justinag06"]shaq is shaq, he cant carry the team. Him and wade will get their points. Just like duncan did when the spurs played him. He had one of his best playoffs ever.

Dirk and Howard create serious machup problems for the heat. Diop and Dampier will be able to slow shaq down as good as any other normal center does. The dallas bench, and avery's coaching will be the key in the victory though.

Dallas beat the heat 117-75 or something last time they played. You can say whatever you want about this being a different heat team and all, but it was wade and shaq then. It'll be wade and shaq tomorrow. The dallas D is gonna shut down all of their role players.[/quoteb32cd55764]

guess you haven't been watching the news. Theyre pointing to the blowout loss in Dallas as a wake up call and when there season suddenly came alive. After that humiliating loss in dallas the heat players arranged a meeting and decided if something special was gonna happen this year then they would have to come together as a team. After the meeting the Heat went on to win 15 of 16.

Trust me if you want to point to that game as the basis of your opinion then your way off. The Heat are a team now. They pass the ball, recover on defense, hustle for loose balls, and box their men out. Even Walker is playing SMART. Something I never thought was possible. JWILL goes 10 for 12 in a deciding ame 6 against detroit. Gary Payton is back to locking people down on D. Even Posey is making smart defensive decisions. This is a team that trusts each other and def has the right pieces to take it all.

ILoveToys

05-06-2006 20:56:55

Dallas in 4...5 if Miami can muster game # 3 from Dallas...Miami is not as good as Detroit made them look in the conference finals...I mean let's not forget that Detroit had the same shots they've had all year, but for some reason decided to only shoot in the 30's rather than the 50's and 60's like they normally did...I just can't see Miami doing it as much as I would like to see Cuban cry about the refs when he loses.....

good2speed

05-06-2006 21:13:02

have to post this

http//www.insidetheheat.com/images/stories//dampiersh1ock.jpg[" alt=""/img7d0ff9f678]

syriandoode

05-06-2006 21:15:27

[quote0c6139f818="Wolfeman"]Are you guys forgetting how good Shaq is playing?[/quote0c6139f818]

wolfy has a point there guys

good2speed

05-06-2006 21:19:20

[quoteaeb8c18fa1="ILoveToys"]Dallas in 4...5 if Miami can muster game # 3 from Dallas...Miami is not as good as Detroit made them look in the conference finals...I mean let's not forget that Detroit had the same shots they've had all year, but for some reason decided to only shoot in the 30's rather than the 50's and 60's like they normally did...I just can't see Miami doing it as much as I would like to see Cuban cry about the refs when he loses.....[/quoteaeb8c18fa1]

can we get over this Detroit lost more than Miami won. They all play the same games and whoever wins deserves the recognition. Miami broke Detroit's collective will and for that reason they won the series. You don't win series by accident.

ILoveToys

05-06-2006 21:55:22

[quote1cceb9166a="good2speed"]can we get over this Detroit lost more than Miami won. They all play the same games and whoever wins deserves the recognition. Miami broke Detroit's collective will and for that reason they won the series. You don't win series by accident.[/quote1cceb9166a]

Other than Game 6...Detroit was in everygame, and they shot terrible...Not to mention Sheed didn't show up the entire series....Detroit did lose it more than Miami won it.....

good2speed

05-06-2006 22:15:38

[quoted9c05e1656="ILoveToys"]
Other than Game 6...Detroit was in everygame, and they shot terrible...Not to mention Sheed didn't show up the entire series....Detroit did lose it more than Miami won it.....[/quoted9c05e1656]

ok then Miami lost the series last year more than detroit won. Wade & shaq injury certainly helped the Heat lose the game more.

SA lost the series more than Dal won it. I mean wtf was Popovich thinking playing NVE. Never seen a pupil beat up on his mentor so bad after only 1 year of coaching experience. Obviously Popovich lost the series for the spurs. He and his team didn't have their edge. Dallas is lucky to have slipped by. Barely I might add at the hands of a SA team that peaked during the season and had notable contributors MIA. Parker, Bowen, Mohammed, Barry, and Horry. Obvious indication that the Spurs weren't at their best and that Dallas would've lost had SA played to their capabilities.

NOTE

I respect Dallas and truly believe they beat SA, even though I think had Ginnobilli not fouled Dirk the Spurs would've won. Post above was to draw the same irrational logic used by ilovetoys and to show how it can be used in any series.

h3x

05-06-2006 22:58:19

Black Superman in Game 7.

justinag06

05-06-2006 22:59:24

[quotef1902aac26="good2speed"]

guess you haven't been watching the news. Theyre pointing to the blowout loss in Dallas as a wake up call and when there season suddenly came alive. After that humiliating loss in dallas the heat players arranged a meeting and decided if something special was gonna happen this year then they would have to come together as a team. After the meeting the Heat went on to win 15 of 16.

Trust me if you want to point to that game as the basis of your opinion then your way off. The Heat are a team now. They pass the ball, recover on defense, hustle for loose balls, and box their men out. Even Walker is playing SMART. Something I never thought was possible. JWILL goes 10 for 12 in a deciding ame 6 against detroit. Gary Payton is back to locking people down on D. Even Posey is making smart defensive decisions. This is a team that trusts each other and def has the right pieces to take it all.[/quotef1902aac26]

yeah I understand it wasn't a team representative of what they have now. I agree with you about Walker he has always been a franchise killer, that just seems to play to pad his own stats. Seems to be comfertable with a reduced role now though.

They soundly defeated Nets, a surprise to everyone. Then they took care of the pistons, which didn't seem to be the same pistons team anymore at all.

So its hard for me to tell how much they have improved and just how badly the pistons and the nets were playing. As I hardly watched them play over the season. Either way I think the mavs and the heat were both underated pre-season. Even at midseason, no one gave them a shot against their rivals.

Mavs have seen me through this far, they have been climbing forward to this date for like 5 years.

you are from miami though(right?), so i'll take your word for it.

kdollar

06-06-2006 13:36:58

overall i think this will be an exciting series just b/c its different than the boring spurs and pistons, the teams are exciting and fun to watch. i dont care who wins, but the heat have a virus in antoine walker he is literally my least favorite player in the nba. and makes them worse as a whole.

but for a guess.....dallas in seven.

good2speed

08-06-2006 11:33:50

I've discovered the reason I dislike the Mavs so much.

I am an advocate of the game being intertnationalized and want the best talent worldwide in the nba. I dream of a scenario where the Nba will have teams that play in Europe and Asia. I am happy to see what Ginobilli, Kirelenko, parker, diaw, nash have done fot he game. I am however not interested in seeing a team with a foreign superstar dominating the league.

I am a patriot at its best. I might get some people who say I'm unaccepting of cultures and have a closed mind.That is not the case here. In 5 years fine have a foreign superstar dominate his team and lead them to a ring but not now.

America has been bashed in recent years over its dissapointment at the worlds and at the olympics. I am still under the beilief that had we sent our best players the games wouldnt have been close. Let the foreigners talk all their smakc but deep down we know we can put a better team on the floor.

If Dirk wins thats bragging rights for foreigners. If we lose this game ( I say we because we are americans) and series then foreigners can parade themselves with being on top of the basketball world on the highest stage. I am not ready to hand the reigns of the nba over to some doofy german punk

http//www.cadenhead.org/workbench/gems/steve-nash-dirk-nowitzki-drunk-drunk-drunk.jpg[" alt=""/imgb948d6dc02]

kidd2108

08-06-2006 11:52:37

I tied it. 13-13....Mavs in 6

Wolfeman

08-06-2006 12:03:36

What time is the game tonight?

good2speed

08-06-2006 14:58:21

[quote0ec0406eec="Wolfeman"]What time is the game tonight?[/quote0ec0406eec]

9 est

6 your time i guess

Wolfeman

08-06-2006 15:08:51

TIGHT! Going to grab a 6-pack on the way home and a Wade jersey )

Side note I wanted him to fall the Clippers in the draft soooooooooooo bad. I was a fan of his at Marquette and I was PRAYING the Heat wouldn't take hime. Kaman is a hero though. That 2003 draft is going to shape the league for years. LeBron, Melo, Wade, Bosh, Kaman, Kirk Hinrich, TJ Ford, Luke Ridnour, Boris Diaw, Josh Howard. Not all superstars but a lot of All-Stars...

Iloveipods2

08-06-2006 15:27:39

GO DALLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! toast woot

Sweeney2066

09-06-2006 08:46:55

What was the final score? Danm parties that have like 1000 kids

justinag06

09-06-2006 12:53:45

90-80

the mavs played horrendous throughout most of that game, and still managed to take it soundly.

Shaq never really did anything that game. The mavs tripple force of Diop, Dampier, and Van Horn worked perfectly on him. Putting him on the line, and what does he do 0-fer.

That wade dunk was tight though, I love watching him play.

good2speed

09-06-2006 13:19:31

[quote7b84ac70f7="justinag06"]90-80

the mavs played horrendous throughout most of that game, and still managed to take it soundly.

Shaq never really did anything that game. The mavs tripple force of Diop, Dampier, and Van Horn worked perfectly on him. Putting him on the line, and what does he do 0-fer.

That wade dunk was tight though, I love watching him play.[/quote7b84ac70f7]

you mean the 3 headed joke got lucky last night and limited shaq's effectiveness. Damp did a decent job but expect that to change and shaq wont do another 0 for from the line. Overall I think Wade didn't play that well either. Sure he dunked it on damp like he was a little bitch. But dunking on a wnba player does not mean you had a great game. Wade needs to find that jumper. If he had it last night you guys wouldve never came back. And will someone please defend Jason Terry for gods sake

justinag06

09-06-2006 13:39:35

Yeah i didnt want to tread into whatifs too much, I don't think either team will be happy with their performance last night.

cause stack, dirk and howard all couldn't find their shots either, and that will change. The mavs weren't even driving the lane, I expect to see more of that. I'm guessing it was first finals jitters for so many players out there last night.

what about when the little bitch damp dunked it on the diesel?

oh and dispite dirk not really ever coming into focus last night, haslem had signifigant troubles guarding him. He got into foul trouble early too.

I expect to see a 215 over on the next game

good2speed

10-06-2006 02:50:00

[quotecd242cd4f5="justinag06"]Yeah i didnt want to tread into whatifs too much, I don't think either team will be happy with their performance last night.

cause stack, dirk and howard all couldn't find their shots either, and that will change. The mavs weren't even driving the lane, I expect to see more of that. I'm guessing it was first finals jitters for so many players out there last night.

what about when the little bitch damp dunked it on the diesel?

oh and dispite dirk not really ever coming into focus last night, haslem had signifigant troubles guarding him. He got into foul trouble early too.

I expect to see a 215 over on the next game[/quotecd242cd4f5]

little biatch damp had the ball roll to him with the greatest of luck. never dunked it on shaq. just got lucky the ball trickled his way so he could slam. Either way you look at it if shaq didn't already take away damps manhood by calling him Ericka, Wade sure did by dunking on him.

justinag06

10-06-2006 12:34:52

I don't really give a fuck about dampier, our team doesn't revolve around a center at all. It's the weakest position on our team, and the only point to having dampier is to slow down people like shaq a little.

In dallas dampier and diop are praised, you have to remember who they replaced, Shaun Bradley. They just do a couple little things a game, and we are happy.

I think Diop should progress nicely into one of the best shot blockers in the game. He is still learning the game(I don't think he has played for over 2 years). However anyone who saw him guard duncan in OT in game 7, should be able to see how good he can be. If it wasn't for him shutting duncan down for those 5 minutes, i'm not sure we'd be here.

Also miami had 2 pts of the bench, that is pitifull, and only wade and shaq went to the line, and combined for 7-19. Antoine Walker did not play smart at all, he played classic walker ball. I'm going to shoot untill I get 20 pts.

You better hope riley figures out what the hell they are doing.

lakersin2025

11-06-2006 10:50:12

Lakers in 7. Oh wait.....

Iloveipods2

11-06-2006 11:14:13

yay! I really hope Mavs win today! wink

good2speed

11-06-2006 12:01:50

[quote62ecb843b4="justinag06"]

You better hope riley figures out what the hell they are doing.[/quote62ecb843b4]

Im pretty sure a hof coach in his 8th final appearance will have a game plan. Look for Wade to explode tonight. Assuming he's entirely healthy from the flu and will be at full energy tonight.

Sorry to dissapoint you but Diop is the black Shaun Bradley

justinag06

11-06-2006 21:10:13

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/smilies_mod/upload/30120edfc695fda35c07678a921cec64.gif[" alt=""/img3e1b475c5e]

won't say much, but since you love comparing dampier with shaq so much, this is for you.

Min FG FT Reb TO Blk Pts

shaq 27 2-5 1-7 6 2 0 5
damp 28 2-3 2-3 13 2 1 6

give damp and diop credit for completly shutting shaq down. At the end their riley was playing zo over shaq.

like I said the dallas defense and bench are just too good for the heat to keep up with

Wolfeman

11-06-2006 21:12:16

damp and diop are both AWFUL. Shaq is like 100, its not fair to compare them. I know you have a Dallas fetish but those guys both blow...

justinag06

11-06-2006 21:16:27

fetish? lol nice choice of words, but thats exactly my point. Dampier is old too, almost as old as shaq. The difference is our team doesnt revolve around dampier or diop. It hardly ever utilizes them in any kind of large role. It's like having jason williams cover michael jordan and outplay him totally. Our team is all about dirk, terry, howard, and stack. With a huge bench that steps throughout every game. Yet good2speed made it a point to single out dampier and compare him with shaq...

ILoveToys

11-06-2006 22:06:09

So far my prediction of a Dallas sweep is right on track...I did say 4 or 5...I kind of think the Heat will win the next one at home....Oh well...Doesn't really matter that much to me anyway ...

good2speed

11-06-2006 22:21:22

[quote46b3981352="justinag06"]It's like having jason williams cover michael jordan and outplay him totally. [/quote46b3981352]

good analogy. Shaq is proving to be useless so far in the series. Looks like he attacks Diop and gets him into foul trouble but for some reason he can't do the same with Erica. Not even showing enthusiasm out there. He should attack Damp more with those elbows he was using against NJ and CHI. Might be dirty but it should be what gets him going. For some reason he's playing very tight against Damp.

Heat seem to be worried about every possesion even in the first half. Yes Dallas is good but you'll wear yourself out trying to play every possesion perfectly. Open up the game more and play looser. Try to have some fun out there guys.

[quote46b3981352="justinag06"]Yet good2speed made it a point to single out dampier and compare him with shaq...[/quote46b3981352]

I would never compare him to shaq. Like you said it would be like comparing jwill to mj. I still think Damp sucks but he's done his job thus far. Tip my hat to Dallas your defense is a lot better than I expected. Always assumed youd resort to the old soft Dallas team that plays no D but Avery has really brought toughness and a defnsive minded approach that this team really needed.

All that said, hopefully there's something in the water in Mia that rejuvenates the Heat.

Iloveipods2

11-06-2006 23:15:48

WOOT WOOT!!!! YAY FOR MAVS!!! toast

justinag06

12-06-2006 00:47:00

[quotef8700480a8="good2speed"]
Heat seem to be worried about every possesion even in the first half. Yes Dallas is good but you'll wear yourself out trying to play every possesion perfectly. Open up the game more and play looser. Try to have some fun out there guys. [/quotef8700480a8]

yeah I retract my statement on haslem, he generally did a good job on what I mistook as just an off night for dirk. Will be an issue if he is out for the series. walker and zo were the only ones playing with a real fire under their ass tonight, they never gave up even at the end.

Who thinks miami gets rid of shaq after this year? It is all downhill from now on, plus they are going to want to free up some salary cap space for wade, and start building around him. I can see the Knicks taking him off their hands, then signing Ben Walace to a big contract also.

good2speed

14-06-2006 21:52:25

WADE OWNZ ALL..

It's DWADE's world. We're just squirrels trying to get a nut

gafdpc

14-06-2006 22:32:22

Shaq has more of a prescense than his points show. I know it it overused, but when theres two guys on him, it just opens the floor up.

The Heat need to repost more and run more of the game through Shaq.

Iloveipods2

14-06-2006 22:55:44

[quotebeb99aaf8d="good2speed"]WADE OWNZ ALL..

It's DWADE's world. We're just squirrels trying to get a nut[/quotebeb99aaf8d]

yeah I'm a HUGE MAVS FAN but i have to admit wade is a very gooood player. though he's gunna lose to the mavs

good2speed

14-06-2006 23:20:59

[quote08c421da36="gafdpc"]Shaq has more of a prescense than his points show. I know it it overused, but when theres two guys on him, it just opens the floor up.

The Heat need to repost more and run more of the game through Shaq.[/quote08c421da36]

nah Wade is healthy and uber confident with his jumpshot. Anyone who has watched the Heat the last two years know that this is Wade's team no matter how much the media claim it's the diesel's. Shaq is a bystander and has been a bystander for his most part in Mia. This is Wade's team and if he needs to score 40 for us to win then give him the damn ball.

Shaq is best used as a decoy at this point. Basically what you said hes a big body and spaces the floor. By doing that he keeps Diop and Damp occupied and unable to come over for help defense in case someone drives to the basket. If they take the driver then its an easy dish to Shaq. Dal has been playing for that and why Shaq is never found wide open or even caught an alley opp pass. If Wade has his jumper on then he's impossible to defend. Most people expect the drive to the basket with Wade. Once he starts hitting shots they have to play him closer which allows him to speed past his defender.

good2speed

15-06-2006 18:05:17

40 points plus and 10 rebouns plus by a guard

only happen 3 times in the playoffs

Jerry West
Mike Jordan
Magic Johnson

and now

Dywane Wade. Nuff said

kdollar

15-06-2006 18:09:24

the heat have looked like shit every game this series, they didn't deserve to even win last game but got lucky......if they continue playing like this, they will lose 4 to 1. im not a mavs fan either, just stating obvious, shaq is old and its annoying that he says hes still one of the best players in the nba....he should retire in a couple seasons

good2speed

15-06-2006 18:15:25

[quotebc7dfe7f99="kdollar"]the heat have looked like shit every game this series, they didn't deserve to even win last game but got lucky......if they continue playing like this, they will lose 4 to 1. im not a mavs fan either, just stating obvious, shaq is old and its annoying that he says hes still one of the best players in the nba....he should retire in a couple seasons[/quotebc7dfe7f99]

whaT a shaq hater. you have some strong feelings for oneal

kdollar

15-06-2006 19:35:52

kobe fan )!! also, as soon as i talk shit, the heat finally have a good game, wade is superstar!

Wolfeman

15-06-2006 23:25:19

Heat made it a series tonight...

good2speed

16-06-2006 11:16:07

Dywane Wade is the next Mike Jordan..

lets see the lineage

DR J
->
Magic/Bird
->
Mike Jordan
->
DWade

kdollar

16-06-2006 11:33:11

[quote5804845e42="good2speed"]Dywane Wade is the next Mike Jordan..

lets see the lineage

DR J
->
Magic/Bird
->
Mike Jordan
->
DWade[/quote5804845e42]

people need to stop comparing players to MJ, there hasnt been one yet and won't be, wade might get a ring, but he wont get six.....MJ's talent and dedication wont be matched.

justinag06

16-06-2006 12:10:00

yeah hats off to the heat, they really played well last night.

as a mavs fan I just hope stack doesnt get suspended for sundays game, and come out shooting, we had every chance to come back cutting the lead to 10 with 6 to go.

but just couldnt get a shot to fall, it was pitifull.

lebron is much more impressive to me than wade. He has absolutely no team, and he almost beat the pistons.

gafdpc

16-06-2006 12:20:34

If Wade was selfish like Lebron he could easily get 10 more a night. Not to mention if he didn't have Shaq.

good2speed

16-06-2006 19:13:14

[quote8f64eb072b="kdollar"][quote8f64eb072b="good2speed"]Dywane Wade is the next Mike Jordan..

lets see the lineage

DR J
->
Magic/Bird
->
Mike Jordan
->
DWade[/quote8f64eb072b]

people need to stop comparing players to MJ, there hasnt been one yet and won't be, wade might get a ring, but he wont get six.....MJ's talent and dedication wont be matched.[/quote8f64eb072b]

Not Mj but the next in lineage of greats. Not Comparing him to MJ just saying he's doing for the game the same that Bird/Magic did in taking the torch from DR J and MJ taking the torch from Bird/Magic.

[quote8f64eb072b="justinag06"]lebron is much more impressive to me than wade. He has absolutely no team, and he almost beat the pistons.[/quote8f64eb072b]

The same Pistons team that everyone said wasnt the same team. The same team that fell apart on themselves.

It seems more people notice if Lebron scores 40 in the 1st round than Wade scoring 40 in the Finals.

[quote8f64eb072b="gafdpc"]If Wade was selfish like Lebron he could easily get 10 more a night. Not to mention if he didn't have Shaq.[/quote8f64eb072b]

Ya he probably could score in the mid 30's if he had to. Probably would wear himself out doing that though. Riley needs to find him a sidekick who will take some of the workload off. Heat really need to win this year. Dwade will have many more years ahead of him but everyone else on the team is on their last legs they need to get this done.

Stackhouse suspended = Justice served though I would've gave him 5.

tylerc

16-06-2006 19:57:14

I gotta root for the Heat. I'm a Pacers fan (even though the NBA does suck), so I gotta stick with the Eastern Conference.

justinag06

18-06-2006 22:05:30

ok I have never been upset with avery's coaching up untill now. I thought he did a horrible job though in this game. They decide to hold off on the shaq double team, and instead put the focus on wade.

fine

It seemed to work great the first half, and even though shaq was getting our centers in early foul trouble, we had 3 so it wasn't that huge a factor.

but why he choose to have Diop, and Dampier just hack a shaq 3 minutes into the 3rd quarter I do not know. It instantly put the mavs in the penelty, and continually put wade on the line. Up to that point he wasn't very effective.

In the 4th his jumper started to fall and he was making more points, but oh wait he keeps going to the line too because we decided to foul shaq so much early in the 2nd half.

at that point I thought we were losing the game, cause all the while in that little strategy our comfortable lead was shrinking with the heat at the line. Even though they shot horribly as a team, they had 50 fucking attemps. Twice that of the mavericks.

God forbid the game end in a tie, and go to overtime one or both of our centers might foul out from all the early fouling on shaq. Just giving him a wide open chance to take down overtime. It happened, it just wasn't an issue because dampier managed to stay in the game with 5.

also I couldnt stand the fact harris kept taking so many jumpers when he just didn't bring his shot to the game.

great game overall though, I just think the early hack a shaqing was the reason we lost the game

dont even get me started on howard in overtime

jy3

18-06-2006 22:29:01

heck of a game 2nite!

Wolfeman

19-06-2006 00:17:09

Turned into a hell of a series. Lets get to game 7 )

good2speed

19-06-2006 00:58:11

[quote12eeebf2e3="justinag06"]ok I have never been upset with avery's coaching up untill now. I thought he did a horrible job though in this game. They decide to hold off on the shaq double team, and instead put the focus on wade.

fine

It seemed to work great the first half, and even though shaq was getting our centers in early foul trouble, we had 3 so it wasn't that huge a factor.

but why he choose to have Diop, and Dampier just hack a shaq 3 minutes into the 3rd quarter I do not know. It instantly put the mavs in the penelty, and continually put wade on the line. Up to that point he wasn't very effective.

In the 4th his jumper started to fall and he was making more points, but oh wait he keeps going to the line too because we decided to foul shaq so much early in the 2nd half.

at that point I thought we were losing the game, cause all the while in that little strategy our comfortable lead was shrinking with the heat at the line. Even though they shot horribly as a team, they had 50 fucking attemps. Twice that of the mavericks.

God forbid the game end in a tie, and go to overtime one or both of our centers might foul out from all the early fouling on shaq. Just giving him a wide open chance to take down overtime. It happened, it just wasn't an issue because dampier managed to stay in the game with 5.

also I couldnt stand the fact harris kept taking so many jumpers when he just didn't bring his shot to the game.

great game overall though, I just think the early hack a shaqing was the reason we lost the game

dont even get me started on howard in overtime[/quote12eeebf2e3]

knew we were going to get excuses for why the Mavs lost tonight. Didn't think it was gonna be that long of an essay.

Wade played phenomenal again. Might've been a lot of ft's but nevertheless he earned his way to the line. If your constantly attacking the basket at full speed your bound to get the refs attention and get the calls.

The Hack a Shaq was a good idea and seemed to be working. Only problem was that Dallas offense never put in a great strecth and never pulled away from the Heat. Towards the end it was no point in hacking Shaq with a 1 point lead since even a 1 for 2 eliminates any advantage you had.

Overall I thought it was an instant classic of a game. I was finally able to breathe at the end. SO nerve wrecking.

What I remember

GP with a big 3, and a big layup of the top of the backboard. Big Big game for GP

Posey hittin a few shots and getting some more charges. Great D

Shaq pretty active and effective though he started posting further from the basket twoards the end.

Walker.. not much I guess.. but kudos to him

Wade ... SImply phenomenal. Outsatnding. Otherworldly. Took Harris off on the jumper to give heat lead with 30 sec to go. Then drove determined to the basket to drop it on Griffin off the glass. Was just to clutch tonight.

Is there any other player in the league you'd rather have with 1 quarter left to play in a deciding game than Dywane Wade.

My answer is no and why I say he's next in the line of greats. Great players know when to elevate their game to a new level.

good2speed

19-06-2006 01:08:16

Is there any other player in the league you'd rather have with 1 quarter left to play in a deciding game than Dywane Wade.

My answer is no and why I say he's next in the line of greats. Great players know when to elevate their game to a new level.

http//us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20060619/t/r1765829557.jpg[" alt=""/img1906f81774]

[img="1906f81774]http//us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060619/thumb.fa092ad9139d4d2d91555000f7798ce6.nba_finals_basketball_aaa139.jpg[" alt=""/img1906f81774]

[color=red1906f81774][size=181906f81774]LOL @[/size1906f81774]
[/color1906f81774]

[img="1906f81774]http//us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20060619/t/r673451061.jpg[" alt=""/img1906f81774]

Wolfeman

19-06-2006 01:10:04

I love Wade too but I'd rather have Kobe and I don't even like Kobe...

jy3

19-06-2006 03:58:31

it is great to watch this series and has been great to watch this playoffs just to see wade improve and emerge.

kdollar

19-06-2006 04:29:39

dont give kudos to antoine walker, anytime he had a good game they lost. hes the gayest player in the nba. stick to your star and look what happens.

gafdpc

19-06-2006 14:26:30

If Antoine didn't have to keep firing threes I'd be happy.

good2speed

19-06-2006 18:58:30

[quotea782738e8b="Wolfeman"]I love Wade too but I'd rather have Kobe and I don't even like Kobe...[/quotea782738e8b]

you mean the Kobe who wouldnt even take a shot in a deciding seventh game. The same Kobe that left his teammates out to dry. The same Kobe that people were saying MJ would never throw in a second half of a deciding game.

That Kobe?

Or are you talking about the Kobe thAt completely shot the Lakers out of any chance of a title against Detroit. The same Kobe that still needs to have Tayshaun prince peeled off his body every morning. The same Kobe that got bitch smaked by Raja Bell and didn't do anything about it. Or the Kobe who got punched by Chris Childs and attacked by Reggie Miller?

That Kobe?

fact is Kobe is a great player but way too selfish and forces the issue too much. Kobe is arrogant and feels he needs to dominate the ball for the team to win.

Great Shaq Quote

After LUke Walton, rookie, had 8 assists in the playoffs. Reporter asked him about Luke's passing.

Shaq
"It's amazing how a rookie can find a way to get me the ball but guys I've been playing with for over 5 years can't."

Bottom line is Shaq was willing to let Wade run the team and he'd stay in the background but not for Kobe. has to tell you something.

Either

A - he likes Wade a whole lot more as a person and feels his skills are on the same level's as Kobe's.

B. He knows Wade is a better player.

Either way Wade has demonstrated that he is ultra clutch and can put a whole team on his back during crunch time. Even if one of his teammates weighs over 325 lbs.

If I had to start a team and I had first pick of all players

->

Id definetely go with a solid big Guy. KG, TD, BOSH, DIRK, AMARE,...

but if I had to pick a guy to save my season and I only had 1 quarter to do so I'd pick Wade 10 out of 10 times.

aCTUALLY i'M PRETTY BIAS and would select Wade #1 overall in the draft and hope to find a big later on.

kdollar

19-06-2006 19:28:12

kobe doesnt have a 1/3 of the team dwayne wade has.......

shaq was in his prime with kobe, now hes old thats why its wades team. someone still needs to let antoine walker know that though lol

good2speed

19-06-2006 19:29:14

[quote955aec4860="kdollar"]kobe doesnt have a 1/3 of the team dwayne wade has.......

shaq was in his prime with kobe, now hes old thats why its wades team. someone still needs to let antoine walker know that though lol[/quote955aec4860]

kobe doesn't have 1/3 of Wade's heart.

good2speed

19-06-2006 19:34:10

[quote8994f46b21="kdollar"]kobe doesnt have a 1/3 of the team dwayne wade has.......

shaq was in his prime with kobe, now hes old thats why its wades team. someone still needs to let antoine walker know that though lol[/quote8994f46b21]

Love when topic fits the argument. One minute the heat squad is bad besides Shaq and Wade. Everyone else sucks. The minute their close to a RING its immense talent their surrounded by. Pick a side either the rest of the team sucks or their great. Please dont try to suit your argument.

Toine isn't a bricker as hes been getting better. Been playing under control. Even had a great move where he drove to the basket and scored an another where he backed down Howard on a quick spin. Walker is ok but you cant expect him to be your #1 option. If he is then you'll see the chucks.

good2speed

19-06-2006 19:42:09

CAnt STop

That guy Josh "Webber" Howards is hilarious

"If that's what he's saying, that's what he's saying. I know I didn't call a timeout twice. I didn't even say nothing to anyone. I just made a sign like that." [Howard places his hands in the shape of a 'T'] - Howard told ESPN's Daily Dime.

Howard eventually lost his cool and erupted on the reporter.

"What am I saying to you right now, dog? Please, don't come off on me right now because I'm going to come off on you, and I'm not in a great mood right now. Get out of my face, man. Get out of my face."

good2speed

19-06-2006 19:44:52

Can't stop Wont stop. eh eh

Cuban Is Screaming About Unwanted TO
19th June, 2006 - 157 am
ESPN.com - With 1.9 seconds left in overtime, the Mavericks needed their last timeout to set up a potential game-winning play.

Instead, Josh Howard called it too early, and when they ended up losing 101-100 to the Heat in Game 5 of the finals Sunday night, the Mavericks unleashed their anger.

With players storming to the locker room, team owner Mark Cuban ran onto the court and screamed at offical Joe DeRosa, then went to the scorer's table and stared down commissioner David Stern and other league officials. Cuban then went up the tunnel toward their aisle and kept screaming and staring.

Stern made his way out, but Cuban, who was wearing the jersey of suspended forward Jerry Stackhouse, didn't let up.

good2speed

19-06-2006 20:19:55

one more time

http//nelsok.com/images/91283053.gif[" alt=""/imgd6cca8733e]

LOFL. Whatd the bike do to you?

kdollar

19-06-2006 20:20:47

[quoteecbf80b23d="good2speed"][quoteecbf80b23d="kdollar"]kobe doesnt have a 1/3 of the team dwayne wade has.......

shaq was in his prime with kobe, now hes old thats why its wades team. someone still needs to let antoine walker know that though lol[/quoteecbf80b23d]

Love when topic fits the argument. One minute the heat squad is bad besides Shaq and Wade. Everyone else sucks. The minute their close to a RING its immense talent their surrounded by. Pick a side either the rest of the team sucks or their great. Please dont try to suit your argument.

Toine isn't a bricker as hes been getting better. Been playing under control. Even had a great move where he drove to the basket and scored an another where he backed down Howard on a quick spin. Walker is ok but you cant expect him to be your #1 option. If he is then you'll see the chucks.[/quoteecbf80b23d]

oh my argument suits me just fine, wades team is way better than the kobes team, no mention of greatness. antoine walker is a bricker.....hes shot the most 3's in the playoffs than any other player, come on now....hes not glen rice....nor steve kerr.

good2speed

19-06-2006 20:25:54

[quote2d924c7168="good2speed"]

oh my argument suits me just fine, wades team is way better than the kobes team, no mention of greatness. antoine walker is a bricker.....hes shot the most 3's in the playoffs than any other player, come on now....hes not glen rice....nor steve kerr.[/quote2d924c7168]

Kobe still lost to those same Pistons we beat in 6. You had the same team. GP and Shaq.

Malone > Haslem.
Horry > Walker.
Fisher <= JWILL.

Only advantage we have is we had Posey but Walton played a similar role for your team.

Difference I guess is Wade and including his teammates in the game and not being a ballhog.

http//files.aliasfrequencies.org/son/images/pwn3d.jpg[" alt=""/img2d924c7168]

good2speed

19-06-2006 20:28:11

or we can continue and you can continue to get

http//www.thewilf.com/images/pwn3d.JPG[" alt=""/imgcf839c5ab9]

kdollar

19-06-2006 20:40:07

i usually stick to the current rosters, and dont pull players....from different seasons or years......

but yea dwayne wade and tim hardaway kick ass..........so does magic johnson and kobe.....i guess ur right the lakers are better! u pwn'd me! roll

but here ya go .....ill give u the truth before u rub one out to a dwyane wade poster.

first u say kobe let his team down by not shooting in the second half well b/c he was trying to get his teammates involved in the suns series.....but then u say hes a ballhog = contradiction......in a sense he shoots the most b/c he has nobody around him to shoot the ball, b/c his team isnt very good. read the sportswriters columns....watch the nba....who do u want shooting the ball kobe or disappointment no. 1 pick kwame brown? the answer is obvious.

now dwayne wades team is way better than the lakers, anyone will agree, current rosters, now watch carefully.

shaq> kwame brown
antoine walker > luke walton
jason williams > smush parker

shall i go on, u could make a case lamar is better scorer than haslem, but haslem is by no means a bad player, n fact a dedicated roll player. also by the way above u said derek fisher.....was better than jason williams..i almost peed myself seeing that, come on buddy....u do know fisher doesnt even start anymore? right?

o yea then u got future hall of famers like gary payton, defenders like james posey, and who can u name on the lakers....yea go look up the roster and throw out some names nobody knows.

good2speed

19-06-2006 20:56:26

[quotedb0eae4a8e="kdollar"]i usually stick to the current rosters, and dont pull players....from different seasons or years......

but yea dwayne wade and tim hardaway kick ass..........so does magic johnson and kobe.....i guess ur right the lakers are better! u pwn'd me! roll[/quotedb0eae4a8e]

The Lakers did have 4 future hof'ers right. How'd they lose?

Heat only have 2 future hof'ers. Payton and Shaq. Wade is still to young and still needs a few more years for hof eligibility. But if he continues at this pace hes a guaranteed first ballot.

sORRY BOUT THE OWNED PAGES JUST GOT SILLY with em.

anyways ..

Wade has at the very least put himself in the top 3 of best in the nba and an preseason favorite for MVP. Remember he's averaging over 33 pts per game in the finals and this is only his 3rd year in the league.

good2speed

19-06-2006 21:06:50

[quotec35d3dff96="kdollar"]
but here ya go .....ill give u the truth before u rub one out to a dwyane wade poster.

first u say kobe let his team down by not shooting in the second half well b/c he was trying to get his teammates involved in the suns series.....but then u say hes a ballhog = contradiction......in a sense he shoots the most b/c he has nobody around him to shoot the ball, b/c his team isnt very good. read the sportswriters columns....watch the nba....who do u want shooting the ball kobe or disappointment no. 1 pick kwame brown? the answer is obvious.

now dwayne wades team is way better than the lakers, anyone will agree, current rosters, now watch carefully.

shaq> kwame brown
antoine walker > luke walton
jason williams > smush parker

shall i go on, u could make a case lamar is better scorer than haslem, but haslem is by no means a bad player, n fact a dedicated roll player. also by the way above u said derek fisher.....was better than jason williams..i almost peed myself seeing that, come on buddy....u do know fisher doesnt even start anymore? right?

o yea then u got future hall of famers like gary payton, defenders like james posey, and who can u name on the lakers....yea go look up the roster and throw out some names nobody knows.[/quotec35d3dff96]

You had to add to your post so I have to come with a response to this..

Ok Kwame is not much different then Haslem sans the heart. I'd even go as far to say Brown has more upside.

Wade has helped Haslem become a serviceable player. Doubt Kobe could do the same here. Don't think kob'es teammates even like him. Where were his teammates when Bell clobbered him? If you even look at Wade the wrong way Shaq will have the goons all on you.

Secondly Kobe needs to shoot the ball in a game 7 second half and will his teamamates to victory. You think jordan or Wade care if their teamamates were ready. Jordan and Wade are players that will score 20 + in the 4th quarter for a w not shy away and act like the ball is kriptonite.

Ya fisher doesnt start but started when baron Davis was injured for like half the season and managed to put up a few 20 point games. Never said D Fisher was better in fact I said

Fisher <= JWILL.

Implying less than or equal to. meaning worse or equal depending on how you see it. Wipe up your piss.

And if I remember correctly your boy Kobe kicked everyone out of LA. Why should we cry or even worse you use that as an excuse for why your team is so bad. Oh the irony

kdollar

20-06-2006 09:16:56

shaq butted heads with the owner......true story. he got traded. horry obviously floats around to championship teams as he has as many rings as jordan. fisher, got money with the warriors b/c they were almost as ignorant as you and actually thought he was as good as jason williams.

karl malone retired and was old and sucked, and my second least fav player, he was a ring rider......like gary payton, who couldnt do it in their prime, so they join the best team to get one.

u keep switching back and forth.....kobe needs to shoot, kobe is a ballhog, which one is it?? he tries to get his team in the game, hes not acting like wade or jordan? if he shoots, thats typical kobe? well i guess he cant win, and neither can I, but i do know this.......

if we had a poll who has a better team this year, the Lakers or the Heat, it would almost unanimously be the HEAT! ask ur friends, ask fipg, ask whoever....ask ur dad

thus concluding my arugement b/c i doubt anyone is reading this besides us.

justinag06

20-06-2006 09:28:30

haslem and posey have been huge for ya'll

don't forget dirk hasnt been very active in the series, and you have to credit haslem with that. So I would say he is more valuable to the heat, than malone was to that last lakers team.

jy3

20-06-2006 13:02:46

should be a great game 2nite. hope i get to watch it 2nite at work!

UsfGeek

20-06-2006 13:05:21

Miami is definitely going to win. I agree it will be a great game, but Miami has the better team!

justinag06

20-06-2006 14:35:48

the mavs blew away the heat in the first two games

the heat won two nailbitters at home, including one in overtime with questionable foul calls, and playing the mavs without one of their best players.

at this point the title is a tossup

50/50

GO MAVS!!

ILoveToys

20-06-2006 15:02:05

I'm still pulling for the mavs )

good2speed

20-06-2006 19:22:40

[quotecc73c2971c="kdollar"]shaq butted heads with the owner......true story. he got traded. horry obviously floats around to championship teams as he has as many rings as jordan. fisher, got money with the warriors b/c they were almost as ignorant as you and actually thought he was as good as jason williams.

karl malone retired and was old and sucked, and my second least fav player, he was a ring rider......like gary payton, who couldnt do it in their prime, so they join the best team to get one.

u keep switching back and forth.....kobe needs to shoot, kobe is a ballhog, which one is it?? he tries to get his team in the game, hes not acting like wade or jordan? if he shoots, thats typical kobe? well i guess he cant win, and neither can I, but i do know this.......

if we had a poll who has a better team this year, the Lakers or the Heat, it would almost unanimously be the HEAT! ask ur friends, ask fipg, ask whoever....ask ur dad

thus concluding my arugement b/c i doubt anyone is reading this besides us.[/quotecc73c2971c]

your owner is an idiot for not paying Shaq. Shaq wasn't pissed he wasnt getting 30 mil he was pissed negotiations were taking so long. He just won 3 championships for you guys and the Lakers stall on him and indirectly communicate that his arch nemesis, who's been accused of rape, will take over as team leader. Basically no one who knows Kobe really likes him and really don't care for playing with him. All the moves you wrote are because of Kobe. Shaq doesn't leave then

Horry doesnt leave
Fisher somehow gets resigned. You guys signed Devean George for god's sake.
Payton comes back for one more try.
Malone somehow stays.
Phil Jackson doesnt take a 1 year hiatus.
Your still a good tea.

But yes your team sucks now and you have no one to blame then your star player. Yes and I absolutely agree with you and happy you so openly admit that the

Heat are much much much better than your Laker team.

oh btw

JWILL"S Career stats

YEAR TEAM G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
98-99 SAC 50 50 36.1 .374 .310 .752 .3 2.8 3.1 6.0 1.90 .02 2.86 1.80 12.8
99-00 SAC 81 81 34.1 .373 .287 .753 .3 2.6 2.8 7.3 1.44 .10 3.65 1.70 12.3
00-01 SAC 77 77 29.7 .407 .315 .789 .2 2.2 2.4 5.4 1.22 .12 2.08 1.50 9.4
01-02 MEM 65 65 34.4 .382 .295 .792 .3 2.7 3.0 8.0 1.71 .11 3.29 1.60 14.8
02-03 MEM 76 76 31.7 .388 .354 .840 .3 2.5 2.8 8.3 1.20 .13 2.21 1.70 12.1
03-04 MEM 72 68 29.4 .407 .330 .837 .3 1.7 2.0 6.8 1.28 .07 1.89 1.30 10.9
04-05 MEM 71 68 27.5 .413 .324 .792 .3 1.5 1.7 5.6 1.06 .07 1.83 1.30 10.1
05-06 MIA 59 56 31.8 .442 .372 .867 .1 2.3 2.4 4.9 .90 .08 1.69 1.70 12.3
Career 551 541 31.6 .396 .320 .800 .3 2.2 2.5 6.6 1.32 .00 2.44 1.60 11.7

DFISH career stats

96-97 LAL 80 3 11.5 .397 .301 .658 .3 .9 1.2 1.5 .51 .06 .89 1.10 3.9
97-98 LAL 82 36 21.5 .434 .383 .757 .5 1.9 2.4 4.1 .91 .06 1.45 1.50 5.8
98-99 LAL 50 21 22.6 .376 .392 .759 .4 1.4 1.8 3.9 1.22 .02 1.54 1.90 5.9
99-00 LAL 78 22 23.1 .346 .313 .724 .3 1.6 1.8 2.8 1.03 .04 .96 1.90 6.3
00-01 LAL 20 20 35.5 .412 .397 .806 .3 2.7 3.0 4.4 1.95 .10 1.45 2.50 11.5
01-02 LAL 70 35 28.2 .411 .413 .847 .2 1.9 2.1 2.6 .94 .13 .89 1.70 11.2
02-03 LAL 82 82 34.5 .437 .401 .800 .5 2.4 2.9 3.6 1.13 .18 1.15 2.40 10.5
03-04 LAL 82 3 21.6 .352 .291 .797 .4 1.5 1.9 2.3 1.26 .05 .96 1.40 7.1
04-05 GSW 74 32 30.0 .393 .371 .862 .5 2.4 2.9 4.1 1.03 .05 1.74 2.40 11.9
05-06 GSW 82 36 31.6 .410 .397 .833 .4 2.1 2.6 4.3 1.52 .10 1.90 2.90 13.3

From 2000 on they have almost identical ppg averages with Jwill having the better assist numbers. But as you can see JWILLS assists per game have been declining steadily over the years.

Yes Jwill has the fancy passes like the one you just saw to ZO behind the back but there pretty much the same player after you get passed the flash.

good2speed

20-06-2006 19:25:12

[quote5590140d57="justinag06"]haslem and posey have been huge for ya'll

don't forget dirk hasnt been very active in the series, and you have to credit haslem with that. So I would say he is more valuable to the heat, than malone was to that last lakers team.[/quote5590140d57]

Ya Malone barely played in the Finals vs. the Pistons and was severely injured. Basically a non factor. so I guess HasleM IS MORE EFF IN THESE FINALS THAN mALONE WAS FOR la.

good2speed

20-06-2006 19:50:35

[quote3cf94d2cfc="justinag06"]the mavs blew away the heat in the first two games

the heat won two nailbitters at home, including one in overtime with questionable foul calls, and playing the mavs without one of their best players.[/size3cf94d2cfc]

at this point the title is a tossup

50/50

GO MAVS!![/quote3cf94d2cfc]

how far does one of their best players go.

do you have like 4 -5 players that are the best. You guys realize Stack is a luxury as a sixth man and can't even say were without one of our starters. This way you can pose it as one of your best players can't play, whatever that may mean. I know for the Heat its Wade Shaq and then everyone else. BIg Big gap. I'd call them role players. Your team is disjointed. Dirk is the head of the team but then I guess Howard is his sidekick on the side. No one is consistent enought to be the #2 option. Some nights Dirk isnt even comfortable being the #1 option. Your #2's could be

Terry, Howard, Stack or Harris

Either way lets get ready for the second half and watch a good clean game. Don't want to be argumentive but your team does play dirty. That is evident is by Stack pushing, Terry punching, complaining. Damp pushing off, Avery yelling, Cuban staring down the Commish.

JKirk

20-06-2006 21:02:06

MIAMI HEAT ARE THE NBA CHAMPS! (

ajrock2000

20-06-2006 21:04:05

Hell ya!!

YourGiftsFree

20-06-2006 21:05:01

Go Heat!!!

JKirk

20-06-2006 21:18:10

I thought for sure that the Mavericks would take into overtime after Wade missed those foul shots. ( They should have let Dirk take the three.

lakersin2025

20-06-2006 21:35:39

I'm so pissed Shaq won. Oh well, that's his last one cuz he's about to gain 50 lbs in the off season and pull his hammy and blow out his knee. I bet he plays 40 games max next year. Kobe will own him on Christmas again and the Lake-dogs will be Western Conf. Champs. Ya Heard!

good2speed

20-06-2006 22:51:21

[quote43d9328593="lakersin2025"]I'm so pissed Shaq won. Oh well, that's his last one cuz he's about to gain 50 lbs in the off season and pull his hammy and blow out his knee. I bet he plays 40 games max next year. Kobe will own him on Christmas again and the Lake-dogs will be Western Conf. Champs. Ya Heard![/quote43d9328593]

not 2025 yet....

Who needs Shaq when you have Mourning blocking everything.

33.7 ppg for Wade in the finals. Was the MVP ever in doubt after game 3?

Sorry Mavs fans you played well but like Riley said it was the heat's time to win. No idea why Daniels didn't log more minutes but yall can think about it over the summer.

I want that gone fishing pic with Dirk, Avery and Cubes.

Kind of upset that the season is over. Guess I'll just have to settle for the world cup in the meantime....

World Championships are in August

Who is team USA starting 5

Named to the 2006-08 USA Senior National Team were Carmelo Anthony (Denver Nuggets); Gilbert Arenas (Washington Wizards); Shane Battier (Memphis Grizzlies); Chauncey Billups (Detroit Pistons); Chris Bosh (Toronto Raptors); Bruce Bowen (San Antonio Spurs); Elton Brand (Los Angeles Clippers); Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers); Dwight Howard (Orlando Magic); LeBron James (Cleveland Cavaliers); Antawn Jamison (Washington Wizards); Joe Johnson (Atlanta Hawks); Shawn Marion (Phoenix Suns); Brad Miller (Sacramento Kings); Adam Morrison (Gonzaga University); Lamar Odom (Los Angeles Lakers); Chris Paul (New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets); Paul Pierce (Boston Celtics); J.J. Redick (Duke University); Michael Redd (Milwaukee Bucks); Luke Ridnour (Seattle Supersonics); Amaré Stoudemire (Phoenix Suns); and Dwyane Wade (Miami Heat).

I figure you have to start Lebron Kobe and Wade on that team

PG Wade
SG Kobe
SF Bron
PF Brand
C HOWARD or healthy Amare

That starting five goes undefeated.

good2speed

20-06-2006 23:00:28

http//us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/oly_full.getty-71107813mc085_nba_finals_ga_1_38_00_am.jpg[" alt=""/img760e5a41ec]

[img="760e5a41ec]http//us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/oly_full.getty-71107813db150_nbafinals_g5_1_22_22_am.jpg[" alt=""/img760e5a41ec]

[img="760e5a41ec]http//us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/oly_full.getty-71107813mc081_nba_finals_ga_1_35_59_am.jpg[" alt=""/img760e5a41ec]

[img="760e5a41ec]http//us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/oly_full.getty-71107813bc093_nba_finalsg6_1_17_43_am.jpg[" alt=""/img760e5a41ec]

[img="760e5a41ec]http//us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060621/capt.b3137ace1c82415b8ebc2a9c7ca4a5a0.nba_finals_basketball_dna222.jpg[" alt=""/img760e5a41ec]

[img="760e5a41ec]http//us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/oly_full.getty-71107813mc065_nba_finals_ga_12_38_53_am.jpg[" alt=""/img760e5a41ec]

good2speed

20-06-2006 23:03:20

oh ya

Wade = 1 FINALS MVP
Kobe = 0 FINALS MVP

good2speed

20-06-2006 23:06:37

found it

http//www.nba.com/media/playoffs2005/dallas_400_fishin.jpg[" alt=""/imge2ab05b48b]

Iloveipods2

21-06-2006 00:29:11

cry cry cry WAHHHHHHHH!!!! cry cry cry

well atleast Brazil will win the world cup to make up for my sadness. argh!!!!!!

jy3

21-06-2006 00:37:40

good game. pretty impressive to see wade come out in this series.

justinag06

21-06-2006 14:14:09

d wade was pretty amazing last night like 3 blocks and 4 steals to go with everything else.

I really didn't like that last important foul call on dirk though, it looked as if he pushed off dirk.

oh well mavs had plenty of chances to win this and they blew it.

had game 3 and practically the series and let that go in 3 minutes.

should have had 5 in regulation but then dirk missed the free throw

then should have had the overtime, but howard missed both free throws.

oh well thats basketball though

congrats good2speed

good2speed

21-06-2006 18:16:51

[quotea0316afff6="justinag06"]d wade was pretty amazing last night like 3 blocks and 4 steals to go with everything else.

I really didn't like that last important foul call on dirk though, it looked as if he pushed off dirk.

oh well mavs had plenty of chances to win this and they blew it.

had game 3 and practically the series and let that go in 3 minutes.

should have had 5 in regulation but then dirk missed the free throw

then should have had the overtime, but howard missed both free throws.

oh well thats basketball though

congrats good2speed[/quotea0316afff6]

When the series started I noticed that Mavs fan were very rude and super confident in their team. One of my ex colleagues who lives in Dallas who I didnt speaK TO until today actually said something similar on how the better team won and that Wade is really really good. I expected something else but your comment and his have made me change my views of Mavs fans. You guys get riled up during the series but at the end you guys are classy and congratulate the other team.. Very very classy move

The Heat won but now what. I'm already thinking about the World Championships in August. Team USA needs to win that competition and bring some pride back to American basketball.

Have to say though I'm a little concerned as to how Wade holds up. He just finished a tough season where he mustve been knocked and bumped around like 10 million times. Now he has to prepARE for the worlds. Assuming he takes 1 or 2 weeks off and then is off to practice with team USA. He's got the heart of a champion but hes still a relatively small guy for nba standards.

But hey hes one of our bests and its an honor for our country if he plays for the team. Lets go win this summer and next summer Mr Wade you can take a summer off.

good2speed

21-06-2006 19:23:40

some pics

http//www.topfive.com/hemi.jpg[" alt=""/img00202604b0]

[img="00202604b0]http/" alt=""/img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/milkyecho/BU004741.jpg[/img00202604b0]

[img="00202604b0]http//i6.tinypic.com/1551d2h.jpg[" alt=""/img00202604b0]

[img="00202604b0]http/" alt=""/img362.imageshack.us/img="362/3325/mavbricks6xa.jpg[" alt=""/img00202604b0]

[img="00202604b0]http//tinypic.com/154j6mo.jpg[" alt=""/img00202604b0]