Is it right to joke about death and other serious issues?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=40346

OldManWrigley

31-05-2006 19:16:25

Well, is it wrong to make fun of people who are dead, or how they died? Or other serious issues?

EDIT I really don't care about this issue, but ilanbg wants to debate it in a Power Rangers thread, I just figured this would be a better outlet

theysayjump

31-05-2006 19:20:38

Morality all comes down to the person, where and when they were brought up and things that have influenced them throughout their lives. The same rights and wrongs don't apply to everyone int he same way.

One mans pleasure is another mans poison.

dmorris68

31-05-2006 19:41:47

^^^ What TSJ said.

You should always be considerate of the person you're communicating with. If none of the parties to the communication have an issue with it, then by all means -- have at it. If somebody is sensitive about it, then the mature and considerate thing to do is to take the discussion elsewhere.

Common sense, good taste, and manners is what it boils down to, really.

ilanbg

31-05-2006 19:46:16

[quote8f1ee1e643="OldManWrigley"]Well, is it wrong to make fun of people who are dead, or how they died? Or other serious issues?

EDIT I really don't care about this issue, but ilanbg wants to debate it in a Power Rangers thread, I just figured this would be a better outlet[/quote8f1ee1e643]

Actually, I just wanted to debate the death of the yellow PR. Every issue has different circumstances so you can't really generalize like that. For example, I don't think of the yellow PR's death as a "serious issue." But I would think of others' deaths as serious issues under certain circumstances.

[quote8f1ee1e643="theysayjump"]Morality all comes down to the person, where and when they were brought up and things that have influenced them throughout their lives. The same rights and wrongs don't apply to everyone int he same way.

One mans pleasure is another mans poison.[/quote8f1ee1e643]

Well, obviously, but that doesn't really address the issue OMW presented; he wanted you to try and use the power of rhetoric to prove to everyone else why your morals are right and theirs are wrong; and if you can't do this, you should reconsider your morals and see just where they fall short.

aguy

31-05-2006 19:47:46

why does helen keller masturbate with one hand?

so she can moan with the other

theysayjump

31-05-2006 19:50:34

[quotef84d783e59="ilanbg"][quotef84d783e59="OldManWrigley"]Well, is it wrong to make fun of people who are dead, or how they died? Or other serious issues?

EDIT I really don't care about this issue, but ilanbg wants to debate it in a Power Rangers thread, I just figured this would be a better outlet[/quotef84d783e59]

Actually, I just wanted to debate the death of the yellow PR. Every issue has different circumstances so you can't really generalize like that. For example, I don't think of the yellow PR's death as a "serious issue." But I would think of others' deaths as serious issues under certain circumstances.

[quotef84d783e59="theysayjump"]Morality all comes down to the person, where and when they were brought up and things that have influenced them throughout their lives. The same rights and wrongs don't apply to everyone int he same way.

One mans pleasure is another mans poison.[/quotef84d783e59]

Well, obviously, but that doesn't really address the issue OMW presented; he wanted you to try and use the power of rhetoric to prove to everyone else why your morals are right and theirs are wrong; and if you can't do this, you should reconsider your morals and see just where they fall short.[/quotef84d783e59]

Morals are merely opinions about life and if you don't believe in your opinions then you shouldn't be expressing them. If others don't agree with your opinions or morals then that's their problem and you shouldn't have to change something you believe in to either conform to a widely held belief or do what people think you should do.

Also, how likely is it that you can "prove" someone elses moral right or wrong?

i blame history

31-05-2006 19:54:53

[quote4fa86aecd6="aguy"]why does helen keller masturbate with one hand?

so she can moan with the other[/quote4fa86aecd6]

oh man.

+kma

ilanbg

31-05-2006 19:55:29

[quote1c3c30d78d="theysayjump"]Morals are merely opinions about life and if you don't believe in your opinions then you shouldn't be expressing them. If others don't agree with your opinions or morals then that's their problem and you shouldn't have to change something you believe in to either conform to a widely held belief or do what people think you should do.

Also, how likely is it that you can "prove" someone elses moral right or wrong?[/quote1c3c30d78d]

Morals are the belief of what is right and wrong. "Right" and "wrong" are not opinions, but since determining what "right" and "wrong" are in terms of ethics is so difficult it often has no more substance than opinion. I'm not trying to change anyone, nor am I trying to conform. But if I can convince you that your line of reasoning has holes that you can't explain, or if you can do the same to me, doesn't it make sense to try and fill those gaps by either further contemplation or a reassessment of what your beliefs are?

It isn't really possible to prove that you're right or wrong, but if two people are able to debate with each other, hopefully each of them leaves with a stronger sense of their beliefs, simply because they were compelled to explain their belief system in detail, with supporting details and logical reasoning, to someone who sees things differently.

For example, if we didn't have this debate, it probably would not have consciously occurred to me that this is why I like debating with people. Debates are intended to question others' ideas/opinions/values and force them to answer questions they may not have otherwise thought to ask themselves.

theysayjump

31-05-2006 20:08:59

[quote4a9128a068="ilanbg"][quote4a9128a068="theysayjump"]Morals are merely opinions about life and if you don't believe in your opinions then you shouldn't be expressing them. If others don't agree with your opinions or morals then that's their problem and you shouldn't have to change something you believe in to either conform to a widely held belief or do what people think you should do.

Also, how likely is it that you can "prove" someone elses moral right or wrong?[/quote4a9128a068]

Morals are the belief of what is right and wrong. "Right" and "wrong" are not opinions, but since determining what "right" and "wrong" are in terms of ethics is so difficult it often has no more substance than opinion. I'm not trying to change anyone, nor am I trying to conform. But if I can convince you that your line of reasoning has holes that you can't explain, or if you can do the same to me, doesn't it make sense to try and fill those gaps by either further contemplation or a reassessment of what your beliefs are?

It isn't really possible to prove that you're right or wrong, but if two people are able to debate with each other, hopefully each of them leaves with a stronger sense of their beliefs, simply because they were compelled to explain their belief system in detail, with supporting details and logical reasoning, to someone who sees things differently.

For example, if we didn't have this debate, it probably would not have consciously occurred to me that this is why I like debating with people. Debates are intended to question others' ideas/opinions/values and force them to answer questions they may not have otherwise thought to ask themselves.[/quote4a9128a068]

Of course if someone's morals are questiond and they can't defend them (as opposed to feeling they don't have to) then there's an underlying problem (something to the effect of they've been brought up being told something is right or wrong thereofre they believe it to be true without actually thinking about it) that maybe should be addressed, but who are you or I to say they should question their morals or beliefs?

If you think about it, morals are opinions. I hold the opinion that doing something "wrong" to someone just because they "wronged" you isn't justified. Morals are just ways that we see certain things about life mainly based on how we were brought up, the environment we were brought up in and the things that have happened to us in our lives.

I think everyone's reasoning will have holes in it. I've yet to hear or see anyone with an infallible belief or opinion

Tholek

31-05-2006 20:13:50

With all due respect TSJ, you lend more credence to the argument than it's due by defining it as a black and white issue. I think it's more grey than how moral a person is.

I'm not cold and heartless, yet I can laugh at jokes about such issues. I've laughed quite a bit in response to jokes about Lacy Peterson and Andrea Yates, but it's not the actual acts that I'm irreverent of, I'm laughing at the absurdity of it.

I doubt comedians like Jim Norton or Carlos Mencia have entire fanbases of people who are immoral.

ilanbg

31-05-2006 20:27:50

[quote26e6b9d63b="theysayjump"]Of course if someone's morals are questiond and they can't defend them (as opposed to feeling they don't have to) then there's an underlying problem (something to the effect of they've been brought up being told something is right or wrong thereofre they believe it to be true without actually thinking about it) that maybe should be addressed, but who are you or I to say they should question their morals or beliefs?[/quote26e6b9d63b]
I can't/won't speak for you, but I am me to question their morals and beliefs because by questioning something, you can assert whether or not it is "correct"; whether or not you agree with it. I am me to question everyone else's morals, and everyone else is everyone else to question mine. By questioning everything, we further assert our beliefs. You and I may not agree on this subject, for example, but the fact that we are questioning each other let's both of us further contemplate our ideas and retort accordingly. And this is also beneficial to everyone who reads this, because they will agree with one of us or come up with their own opinions and subject themselves to the same sort of questioning we are subjecting each other to.

[quote26e6b9d63b]If you think about it, morals are opinions. I hold the opinion that doing something "wrong" to someone just because they "wronged" you isn't justified. Morals are just ways that we see certain things about life mainly based on how we were brought up, the environment we were brought up in and the things that have happened to us in our lives.[/quote26e6b9d63b]

It's just an opinion because it is so controversial and thus isn't regarded as fact with "right" and "wrong." If everyone believed revenge was wrong then you probably wouldn't think of it as opinion.

Moral

• Of or concerned with the judgment of the goodness or badness of human action and character

Judgement is

• the formation of an opinion after consideration or deliberation.

And an opinion is

• A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof

?

Here is an example of my point from my earlier post. I've just basically unraveled my own argument by the use of a syllogism. So, I change my stance to say that an opinion is just a fact that we have yet to prove or disprove.

Therefore, some morals are correct and some are incorrect—we just have yet to prove which ones are which.

[quote26e6b9d63b]I think everyone's reasoning will have holes in it. I've yet to hear or see anyone with an infallible belief or opinion[/quote26e6b9d63b]

Indeed, but with further inspection, the holes are slowly filled. This debate has let me fill one of the holes in my own argument, and as such it's better-founded, and thus closer to being infallible.

bballp6699

31-05-2006 20:29:47

This is what happens when you run out of things to talk about...

ilanbg

31-05-2006 20:32:25

[quotea3da23c115="bballp6699"]This is what happens when you run out of things to talk about...[/quotea3da23c115]

Yep, whenever I run out of things to talk about I find myself resorting to lame subjects like "morality."

theysayjump

31-05-2006 20:34:13

[quotef0de2cfcfb="Tholek"]With all due respect TSJ, you lend more credence to the argument than it's due by defining it as a black and white issue. I think it's more grey than how moral a person is.

I'm not cold and heartless, yet I can laugh at jokes about such issues. I've laughed quite a bit in response to jokes about Lacy Peterson and Andrea Yates, but it's not the actual acts that I'm irreverent of, I'm laughing at the absurdity of it.

I doubt comedians like Jim Norton or Carlos Mencia have entire fanbases of people who are immoral.[/quotef0de2cfcfb]

Nothing is black and white, or at least as black and white as they may seem or are portrayed. I too can laugh at "touchy" subjects but mainly ones where I can't be subjected to myself (eg, paedophelia because neither myself nor a loved one is going to be the subject of such abuse).

To me however there's a difference between laughing at something like the death of somebody and actually making fun of them. I'll laugh at jokes about people who have died or things that have happened but I won't go out of my way to make fun of such things myself.

I don't consider people who laugh at the misfortune of others as immoral, I really couldn't care less.

The only time I [if0de2cfcfb]really[/if0de2cfcfb] care about what other people are saying or doing is if they're preaching hate or purposely causing harm to others.

OldManWrigley

31-05-2006 20:35:36

FTS why does helen keller masturbate with one hand?
IRISHcurve bc shes a retard
FTS so she can moan with the other
IRISHcurve tru
IRISHcurve why does tom whack off with 2 hands
FTS ??
IRISHcurve i dont know

shrug

tjwor

31-05-2006 20:58:55

[quote99c700fc8b="OldManWrigley"]FTS why does helen keller masturbate with one hand?
IRISHcurve bc shes a retard
FTS so she can moan with the other
IRISHcurve tru
IRISHcurve why does tom whack off with 2 hands
FTS ??
IRISHcurve i dont know

shrug[/quote99c700fc8b]

I wish i was as rich as IRISHcurve...

OldManWrigley

31-05-2006 21:10:41

We all do....

shrug

johnjimjones

31-05-2006 21:41:56

dead baby jokes?

I can never stop laughing at those.....

ilanbg

31-05-2006 21:48:08

[quote2288be9295="johnjimjones"]dead baby jokes?

I can never stop laughing at those.....[/quote2288be9295]

Q What did the dead baby say to the otter?

A Nothing! It's dead! And it's a baby!

syriandoode

31-05-2006 23:07:33

if the person that died was a total meanie, like hitla than its kool to totally make fun of their sick deaths, but if its someone not mean, like say Dr. Who than its not so nice to make fun o them.

Tholek

01-06-2006 00:11:22

[quoteb5e66cec4f="syriandoode"]if the person that died was a total meanie, like hitla than its kool to totally make fun of their sick deaths, but if its someone [bb5e66cec4f]not mean, like say Dr. Who[/bb5e66cec4f] than its not so nice to make fun o them.[/quoteb5e66cec4f]

You were really caught for a name, weren't you? lol

There's a difference between serious ridicule, and black humor, that I don't think you quite grasp.

tjwor

01-06-2006 08:38:32

What date is set for the FiPG Shrink to arive?

Also, wasn't their talk about the FiPG Confessional?

OldManWrigley

01-06-2006 10:45:39

Any day now

bballp6699

01-06-2006 11:16:39

[quotef19c621d5a="ilanbg"][quotef19c621d5a="bballp6699"]This is what happens when you run out of things to talk about...[/quotef19c621d5a]

Yep, whenever I run out of things to talk about I find myself resorting to lame subjects like "morality."[/quotef19c621d5a]

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/smilies_mod/upload/4057438c2d6b710e666814b49ed3daed.gif[" alt=""/imgf19c621d5a]

justinag06

01-06-2006 13:42:03

please like 90% of ya'll come and laugh about the darwin awards or whatever, so how is the yellow power ranger any different?

bullseye4u

01-06-2006 13:57:05

Honestly, this is the dumbest thread I have ever seen. Why would you debate about making fun of someone’s death and first who said nobody knows her the yellow ranger in person that died 5 years ago. We have here almost 10.000 people registered here and I bet someone can Google it form her family or whatever and see this shit but anyways back to the point its not right making fun of people even, if the person was Hitler, Saddam or somebody else. I just don’t find it funny when people make fun of other people death, if you do you must be a heatless piece of shit that doesn’t gives a fuck about anyone except yourself.

I hope everybody gets my point Sorry just had to express myself it kinda makes me angry when I see this, sorry for cursing

h3x

01-06-2006 13:59:33

Can't we all just get a bong? http//forum.freeipodguide.com/smilies_mod/upload/9621ac36e19b97e7ffefc30481fce437.gif[" alt=""/img0350957fb9]

OldManWrigley

01-06-2006 14:33:51

[quotedcda8cc10a="bullseye4u"]Honestly, this is the dumbest thread I have ever seen. Why would you debate about making fun of someone’s death and first who said nobody knows her the yellow ranger in person that died 5 years ago. We have here almost 10.000 people registered here and I bet someone can Google it form her family or whatever and see this shit but anyways back to the point its not right making fun of people even, if the person was Hitler, Saddam or somebody else. I just don’t find it funny when people make fun of other people death, if you do you must be a heatless piece of shit that doesn’t gives a fuck about anyone except yourself.

I hope everybody gets my point Sorry just had to express myself it kinda makes me angry when I see this, sorry for cursing[/quotedcda8cc10a]

So I can't say I'm happy Hitler died? I can't make a joke about him dying in the "Gas Chamber"? Do you want to be sad he's dead?

ilanbg

01-06-2006 15:02:39

[quoteb95a421230="syriandoode"]if the person that died was a total meanie, like hitla than its kool to totally make fun of their sick deaths, but if its someone not mean, like say Dr. Who than its not so nice to make fun o them.[/quoteb95a421230]

Hitler is only considered a "total meanie" because he lost. If the Nazis won, we would be referring to the Allies as "total meanies."

Just remember that history is written by the victors, and with that comes manipulation, propaganda, and ulterior motive.

[quoteb95a421230="bullseye4u"]We have here almost 10.000 people registered here and I bet someone can Google it form her family or whatever and see this shit but anyways back to the point its not right making fun of people even, if the person was Hitler, Saddam or somebody else[/quoteb95a421230]
I can pretty much guarantee you that if anyone did a google search for the YPR, or Hitler, or Saddam, this forum would not be a relevant result.

[quoteb95a421230] I just don’t find it funny when people make fun of other people death, if you do you must be a heatless piece of shit that doesn’t gives a fuck about anyone except yourself.[/quoteb95a421230]
I guess you have me totally figured out. You've judged my character and my entire system of values solely on a single one of my views.
/me claps.

OldManWrigley

01-06-2006 15:09:56

[quotefa8337e9ba="ilanbg"]Hitler is only considered a "total meanie" because he lost. If the Nazis won, we would be referring to the Allies as "total meanies."

Just remember that history is written by the victors, and with that comes manipulation, propaganda, and ulterior motive.[/quotefa8337e9ba]

You know, you're right. If Hitler did [bfa8337e9ba][ifa8337e9ba]win[/ifa8337e9ba][/bfa8337e9ba] I'm sure everybody would be referring to the allies as meanies and him as the nice guy.

The fact that he killed over 6 million people for no reason wouldn't matter though, as long as he won....right?

/me claps at ilanbg's [ifa8337e9ba]intelligence[/ifa8337e9ba]

ilanbg

01-06-2006 15:14:30

[quotef6abcb92d8="OldManWrigley"]You know, you're right. If Hitler did [bf6abcb92d8][if6abcb92d8]win[/if6abcb92d8][/bf6abcb92d8] I'm sure everybody would be referring to the allies as meanies and him as the nice guy.

The fact that he killed over 6 million people for no reason wouldn't matter though, as long as he won....right?

/me claps at ilanbg's [if6abcb92d8]intelligence[/if6abcb92d8][/quotef6abcb92d8]

I did not say he did not perform corrupt and immoral acts. What I am saying is if he won, it would not have been "for no reason," it would have been his duty as a patriot.

I do not agree with what he did but I was mentioning that people are easily manipulated by propaganda, and Nazis are subjected to propaganda daily.

[quotef6abcb92d8]The fact that he killed over 6 million people for no reason wouldn't matter though, as long as he won....right?[/quotef6abcb92d8]
Exactly right.

OldManWrigley

01-06-2006 15:20:10

I'm not trying to start a war with you ilanbg, but I simply do not understand what you're saying....

As far as I know, Hitler killed all those people because he was racist, and wanted to soley maintain the "Arian" race.

Are you saying that if he did in deed win, he would have simply pulled a reason out of his ass for what he did, other then pure cruelty and racismn?

theysayjump

01-06-2006 15:21:51

I know what Ilan is trying to say. It makes sense to me anyway.

Also, Hiter didn't kill over 6 million people for no reason, he had a very good reason (as far as he was concerned) to do what he did and through brainwashing, propoganda and fear he made everyone else in his regime believe the same thing.

If the allies didn't win, chances are we'd all be in the same boat as the Germans were 60-70 years ago.

OldManWrigley

01-06-2006 15:24:06

[quote2efb0326b2="theysayjump"]I know what Ilan is trying to say. It makes sense to me anyway.

Also, Hiter didn't kill over 6 million people for no reason, he had a very good reason (as far as he was concerned) to do what he did and through brainwashing, propoganda and fear he made everyone else in his regime believe the same thing.

If the allies didn't win, chances are we'd all be in the same boat as the Germans were 60-70 years ago.[/quote2efb0326b2]

What was his "Very good reason" (as far as he was concerned)?

ilanbg

01-06-2006 15:25:32

[quote6bd795b3ef="OldManWrigley"]I'm not trying to start a war with you ilanbg, but I simply do not understand what you're saying....[/quote6bd795b3ef]
No problem; my bad.

[quote6bd795b3ef]As far as I know, Hitler killed all those people because he was racist, and wanted to soley maintain the "Arian" race. [/quote6bd795b3ef]
He wanted to give Austria/Germany the power he believed it deserved; the power it had before it lost in WWI. He began playing with eugenics but the Aryan race was to him the German people, and he believed they, as Germans, were entitled to dominance. It was patriotism, not racism, that spurred most of his thoughts and allowed him to convince others to follow him.

[quote6bd795b3ef]Are you saying that if he did in deed win, he would have simply pulled a reason out of his ass for what he did, other then pure cruelty and racismn?[/quote6bd795b3ef]
He had the reasons set forth before he began WWII. He couldn't have convinced Germany to enter a war unless he had reasons, and at the time they were valid (and, like I said, would still be valid if he won).

Because they lost, people say Nazis were evil people who killed other innocent people.

If they won, people would say the Nazis were patriots who did their duty as citizens of their country by reinstating it as a world power and improving mankind by eliminating "inferior" races.

EDIT TSJ beat me to it but I expanded a bit on it.

OldManWrigley

01-06-2006 15:30:24

Alright, that explains it. My history teacher wasn't all that good at the whole teaching part, and I barely got to learn anything. Basically just worksheets and videos.....I don't really remember him actually teaching for more then an hour the entire year. Anyway, that cleared things up. I thought he just killed a bunch of people because he didn't like their race or religion.

ilanbg

01-06-2006 15:33:09

[quote1a10a4471e="OldManWrigley"]Alright, that explains it. My history teacher wasn't all that good at the whole teaching part, and I barely got to learn anything. Basically just worksheets and videos.....I don't really remember him actually teaching for more then an hour the entire year. Anyway, that cleared things up. I thought he just killed a bunch of people because he didn't like their race or religion.[/quote1a10a4471e]

Public schools don't teach much about Hitler, in part because of the propaganda of making him the villain who got the justice he deserved (and in part because they don't have time). My school spent no more than an hour on him either.

bullseye4u

01-06-2006 15:39:16

K this thing is getting off topic

[quoteec245c0817][quoteec245c0817]bullseye4u wrote
We have here almost 10.000 people registered here and I bet someone can Google it form her family or whatever and see this shit but anyways back to the point its not right making fun of people even, if the person was Hitler, Saddam or somebody else[/quoteec245c0817]

[quoteec245c0817]I can pretty much guarantee you that if anyone did a google search for the YPR, or Hitler, or Saddam, this forum would not be a relevant result.[/quoteec245c0817][/quoteec245c0817]

I was not referring a google search about Saddam or Hitler I was giving an example how evil, bad they were etc etc and how it is still not right making fun of their death.

[quoteec245c0817]Well, I wouldn't make jokes like that to anyone who knew the YPR personally. But since none of us do, and since our own affiliation with her is from an old t.v. show and since everyone will die anyway, where is the wrong?

I strongly believe that misery is only of some benefit if it amuses someone else.[/quoteec245c0817]

First what if someone here knows her personally... from 10.000 people ?? I mean you are saying than that you know everything and everyone on this forum from 10.000 people from this forum that is not related to her or know her personally?

[quoteec245c0817][quoteec245c0817]I just don’t find it funny when people make fun of other people death, if you do you must be a heatless piece of shit that doesn’t gives a fuck about anyone except yourself.[/quoteec245c0817]

[quoteec245c0817]I guess you have me totally figured out. You've judged my character and my entire system of values solely on a single one of my views.
liilanbg claps.[/quoteec245c0817][/quoteec245c0817]

I didn’t judge you at all. I just express what I think about people making fun of others people death. I mean come on how is this funny about Hitler “He ate poison and shot himself at the same time”. I see it’s very funny for you I guess I just don’t see how it is funny for me.

OldManWrigley

01-06-2006 15:45:14

You didn't answer my post.

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?p=413935#413935

ilanbg

01-06-2006 15:48:07

[quotefc2bb8ec0a="bullseye4u"]K this thing is getting off topic

[quotefc2bb8ec0a][quotefc2bb8ec0a]bullseye4u wrote
We have here almost 10.000 people registered here and I bet someone can Google it form her family or whatever and see this shit but anyways back to the point its not right making fun of people even, if the person was Hitler, Saddam or somebody else[/quotefc2bb8ec0a]

[quotefc2bb8ec0a]I can pretty much guarantee you that if anyone did a google search for the YPR, or Hitler, or Saddam, this forum would not be a relevant result.[/quotefc2bb8ec0a][/quotefc2bb8ec0a]

I was not referring a google search about Saddam or Hitler I was giving an example how evil, bad they were etc etc and how it is still not right making fun of their death.[/quotefc2bb8ec0a]
You were; "what if they google YPR and find this thread" is what you said. I'm telling you they won't find it.

[quotefc2bb8ec0a]First what if someone here knows her personally... from 10.000 people ?? I mean you are saying than that you know everything and everyone on this forum from 10.000 people from this forum that is not related to her or know her personally?[/quotefc2bb8ec0a]
Of the 6 billion people on the planet, 10,000 is nothing.

[quotefc2bb8ec0a][quotefc2bb8ec0a][quotefc2bb8ec0a]I just don’t find it funny when people make fun of other people death, if you do you must be a heatless piece of shit that doesn’t gives a fuck about anyone except yourself.[/quotefc2bb8ec0a]

[quotefc2bb8ec0a]I guess you have me totally figured out. You've judged my character and my entire system of values solely on a single one of my views.
liilanbg claps.[/quotefc2bb8ec0a][/quotefc2bb8ec0a]

I didn’t judge you at all. I just express what I think about people making fun of others people death. I mean come on how is this funny about Hitler “He ate poison and shot himself at the same time”. I see it’s very funny for you I guess I just don’t see how it is funny for me.[/quotefc2bb8ec0a]
You said that I was a heartless piece of shit who doesn't give a fuck abot anyone except myself, simply because I can make fun of other people's death. That sounds pretty judgmental. Also, I can make fun of Hitler's death, but usually it needs to involve some humor. Maybe you don't see how it's funny because it isn't a joke? shrug

bullseye4u

01-06-2006 15:50:26

[quotec8802c57a0][quotec8802c57a0]bullseye4u wrote
Honestly, this is the dumbest thread I have ever seen. Why would you debate about making fun of someone’s death and first who said nobody knows her the yellow ranger in person that died 5 years ago. We have here almost 10.000 people registered here and I bet someone can Google it form her family or whatever and see this shit but anyways back to the point its not right making fun of people even, if the person was Hitler, Saddam or somebody else. I just don’t find it funny when people make fun of other people death, if you do you must be a heatless piece of shit that doesn’t gives a fuck about anyone except yourself.[/quotec8802c57a0]

I hope everybody gets my point Sorry just had to express myself it kinda makes me angry when I see this, sorry for cursing

[quotec8802c57a0]So I can't say I'm happy Hitler died? I can't make a joke about him dying in the "Gas Chamber"? Do you want to be sad he's dead?[/quotec8802c57a0][/quotec8802c57a0]

You could say you are happy that Hitler died but making fun of how he died is another story. Sad or happy you decide you have your own head on your shoulders.....

ps never heard of Hitler jokes dying in a Gas chamber

OldManWrigley

01-06-2006 15:55:24

yeah me either, but it was just an example. i agree with ilan (never thought that would happen P) that you are a little "over the edge extreme" here. if i could, i would create jokes about him and post them all over the internet, and laugh while i was at it. [since he [i25d6abac18]didn't win[/i25d6abac18]] he desearved to die (yes, that's right) for killing all those innocent people just to get what he wanted. In my book, he's just as bad as Bin Laden, maybe worse. I'd laugh at jokes about Osama all day long too, if/when he dies. I'll admit it's shitty to laugh about peoples deaths or joke about them or their disabilities, but then again some people desearve it. If they don't desearve it, it's not something I'd do, but wouldn't call somebody a selfish heartless peice of shit because they made a joke about someone i didn't know personally dying.

bullseye4u

01-06-2006 16:03:18

[quotef1bc65f32f]You were; "what if they google YPR and find this thread" is what you said. I'm telling you they won't find it. [/quotef1bc65f32f]

How are you sure they wont find it
http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thuy_Trang
You are talking like you know everyone on this forum

[quotef1bc65f32f]Of the 6 billion people on the planet, 10,000 is nothing. [/quotef1bc65f32f]

yeah for some people is nothing for me it is what if all 10.000 people died from the goverment or some kind of agency. Trust me it will make a big difference and whats you point 10,000 is nothing ? That nobody here knows YPR is that it ? Do you consider being a nothing part of those 10,000 people ?

[quotef1bc65f32f]You said that I was a heartless piece of shit who doesn't give a fuck abot anyone except myself, simply because I can make fun of other people's death. That sounds pretty judgmental. Also, I can make fun of Hitler's death, but usually it needs to involve some humor. Maybe you don't see how it's funny because it isn't a joke?[/quotef1bc65f32f]

I didnt say you are a heatless piece of shit
I said

[quotef1bc65f32f]I just don’t find it funny when people make fun of other people death, if you do you must be a heatless piece of shit that doesn’t gives a fuck about anyone except yourself.[/quotef1bc65f32f]

Did i accuse in anyway you are heatless piece of shit ?? I just say what I think about Those people who make fun of other people deaths if you consider one of them than fine but I would never say to someone that without knowing the person first but thats what i would think of them

OldManWrigley

01-06-2006 16:06:10

Ilanbg made fun of someones death
You said people who make fun of someones death are heartless peices of shit who don't care about anyone but themselves

To sum things up, you called him a heartless peice of shit.

ilanbg

01-06-2006 16:11:55

[quote53fdb12f4e="bullseye4u"][quote53fdb12f4e]You were; "what if they google YPR and find this thread" is what you said. I'm telling you they won't find it. [/quote53fdb12f4e]

[/quote53fdb12f4e]
I'm not sure you know how google works. TT is barely mentioned on this forum; in fact, I think her actual name is mentioned twice total. Google is not going to display this on the first 100 pages of any search.

[quote53fdb12f4e][quote53fdb12f4e]Of the 6 billion people on the planet, 10,000 is nothing. [/quote53fdb12f4e]

yeah for some people is nothing for me it is what if all 10.000 people died from the goverment or some kind of agency. Trust me it will make a big difference and whats you point 10,000 is nothing ? That nobody here knows YPR is that it ? Do you consider being a nothing part of those 10,000 people ?[/quote53fdb12f4e]

You're confusing relativity; that's totally off-topic.

[quote53fdb12f4e][quote53fdb12f4e]You said that I was a heartless piece of shit who doesn't give a fuck abot anyone except myself, simply because I can make fun of other people's death. That sounds pretty judgmental. Also, I can make fun of Hitler's death, but usually it needs to involve some humor. Maybe you don't see how it's funny because it isn't a joke?[/quote53fdb12f4e]

I said

[quote53fdb12f4e]I just don’t find it funny when people make fun of other people death, if you do you must be a heatless piece of shit that doesn’t gives a fuck about anyone except yourself.[/quote53fdb12f4e]

Did i accuse in anyway you are heatless piece of shit ?? I just say what I think about Those people who make fun of other people deaths if you consider one of them than fine but I would never say to someone that without knowing the person first but thats what i would think of them[/quote53fdb12f4e]

Here is a syllogism based on your logic

a. people who make fun of the deaths of others are heartless pieces of shit who don't give a fuck about anyone except themselves.
b. I make fun of the death's of people.

[b53fdb12f4e]Thus[/b53fdb12f4e]
c. I am a heartless piece of shit who doesn't give a fuck about anyone except myself.

EDIT OMW beat me to it.

bullseye4u

01-06-2006 16:26:58

[quotee222700229="ilanbg"][quotee222700229="bullseye4u"][quotee222700229]You were; "what if they google YPR and find this thread" is what you said. I'm telling you they won't find it. [/quotee222700229]

[/quotee222700229]
I'm not sure you know how google works. TT is barely mentioned on this forum; in fact, I think her actual name is mentioned twice total. Google is not going to display this on the first 100 pages of any search.

[quotee222700229]Of the 6 billion people on the planet, 10,000 is nothing. [/quotee222700229]

yeah for some people is nothing for me it is what if all 10.000 people died from the goverment or some kind of agency. Trust me it will make a big difference and whats you point 10,000 is nothing ? That nobody here knows YPR is that it ? Do you consider being a nothing part of those 10,000 people ?

[quotee222700229]You're confusing relativity; that's totally off-topic.[/quotee222700229]

You shouldve not brought it up in the first place, so you saying 10.000 compare to 6 billion is nothing inn quantity there it is a big differnce and whats your point from those 10.000 people here dont know her personally?

[quotee222700229][quotee222700229]You said that I was a heartless piece of shit who doesn't give a fuck abot anyone except myself, simply because I can make fun of other people's death. That sounds pretty judgmental. Also, I can make fun of Hitler's death, but usually it needs to involve some humor. Maybe you don't see how it's funny because it isn't a joke?[/quotee222700229]

I said

[quotee222700229]I just don’t find it funny when people make fun of other people death, if you do you must be a heatless piece of shit that doesn’t gives a fuck about anyone except yourself.[/quotee222700229]

Did i accuse in anyway you are heatless piece of shit ?? I just say what I think about Those people who make fun of other people deaths if you consider one of them than fine but I would never say to someone that without knowing the person first but thats what i would think of them[/quotee222700229]

Here is a syllogism based on your logic

a. people who make fun of the deaths of others are heartless pieces of shit who don't give a fuck about anyone except themselves.
b. I make fun of the death's of people.

[be222700229]Thus[/be222700229]
c. I am a heartless piece of shit who doesn't give a fuck about anyone except myself.

EDIT OMW beat me to it.[/quotee222700229]

Listen like I said I dont know you, but thats what i think people without knowing them my first expression when they say or start making stupid threads about how funny it is when someone dies

OldManWrigley

01-06-2006 16:32:31

Excuse me sir, I didn't make this thread to talk about how hilarious death is.

[quote321db187e2="OldManWrigley"]Well, is it wrong to make fun of people who are dead, or how they died? Or other serious issues?

EDIT I really don't care about this issue, but ilanbg wants to debate it in a Power Rangers thread, I just figured this would be a better outlet[/quote321db187e2]

Nowhere do I see myself saying "Let's all talk about how funny it is when someone dies"

ilanbg

01-06-2006 16:35:51

[quote9e4d13bb14="bullseye4u"]Listen like I said I dont know you, but thats what i think people without knowing them my first expression when they say or start making stupid threads about how funny it is when someone dies[/quote9e4d13bb14]

That's what a judgement is. So, to come full circle That's quite a judgement to make about someone you don't know.

RM200

01-06-2006 21:17:02

if you want too... dont let people tell you to how to be or act.

theysayjump

01-06-2006 22:02:24

[quoteafd03b2f99="RM200"]if you want too... dont let people tell you to how to be or act.[/quoteafd03b2f99]

You can't say that.