How does paypal protect me?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=39980

JOSHBOX

25-05-2006 11:47:30

I am thinking of buying a treo from a guy on craigslist and he lives over 30 mins away so i want to have him ship it. I dont know if he is 100% trustworthy so if i pay him via paypal and he ends up scamming me will paypal be able to recover my money?

dmorris68

25-05-2006 11:49:26

If you and he are both verified members, and he ships to your VERIFIED PayPal address, then I think you're covered. Unless that covers eBay transactions only.

You should be able to find this in the FAQ though. And their CS is excellent, so you might e-mail them as well.

BlueX

25-05-2006 14:59:39

Basically, PayPal is the worst payment processor out there, and your funds arent guaranteed.. at all.

I suggest wait awhile and make sure the money is in the bank before sending him the product!

JOSHBOX

25-05-2006 15:12:31

[quote5e9e8f1621="BlueX"]Basically, PayPal is the worst payment processor out there, and your funds are guaranteed.. at all.

I suggest wait awhile and make sure the money is in the bank before sending him the product![/quote5e9e8f1621]

Are you serious?? Your first sentence didnt make any sense whatsoever. Also did you even read what I said? Seriously STFU + GTFO kthxbye.

zulu342

25-05-2006 15:44:49

PayPal will ONLY recover your money if the person scamming you is dumb enough to not have withdrawn the money to his bank.

If he has, then PayPal will recover your money only if the scammer is dumb enough to have more money sent to his account while it is on hold.

So in short ... no.

However ... if you pay using a credit card through PayPal, you can always file a charge back with your credit card company against PayPal. (When it's PayPal's money on the line, they tend to work a little harder).

Hope that helps ...