wierd - apple.com

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=39897

crazyates

24-05-2006 09:18:48

I was looking around apple.com for a couple of minutes. They offer education benefits for high schoolers, but only if you're homeschooled. lucky me lol. anyways, they still offer the iBook, 12in and 14in. Apparently they're trying to get rid of thier leftovers.

anyways now to my real question. apple prolly has a bunch of iBooks that they're trying to get rid of. They're offering they through homeschool discounts, but how long do you think it'll be till they'll be out of them?

my laptop.freepay still has another month till it expires, and i'm trying to figure out if i'll get an iBook or a macbook. apparently apple still has some (since they're selling them still, if only on a limited basis), and freepay prolly has a bunch in a warehouse somewhere, but you think they'll be out of them in the next month?

JKirk

24-05-2006 09:21:26

How much is the discount for homeschooled kids? It depends on the price whether how long they will last I'm guessing.

tjwor

24-05-2006 10:09:22

why? I'd just get a macbook... /me goes to see if college discount gets that option...

If they are giving you the same price as they are me, [b648c03e982]NOT WORTH IT AT ALL![/b648c03e982] they are listed at $949, which is MORE than they were before the intel ones were released... you can get one on amazon for $900 after rebate...

but the macbook is so much of an upgrade for such a small cost...

crazyates

24-05-2006 11:07:07

ya 949 for the 12in iBook

they take off 50 for the cheapest, 100 for the middle, and 200 for the black macbook

just for clarification, I'm not interested in getting an iBook. I'm actually just gonna sell it when i do get it. That's why i'd rather get the macbook. If i get the iBook a month from now, they're gonna be a lil outdated, and they prolly won't sell for as much.