Poetry

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=39713

SonTenshinhan

21-05-2006 15:56:15

Could someone please translate this shit for me? I will be very grateful.

A Note of Feat
Every journey begins with one step,
Whether it be the slow ascension upright of a toddler,
Or the nonchalant stride of a preschooler,
Or the sprint of an athlete,
Or maybe the waddle of the avoirdupois,
Or perhaps the decrepit limp of the elderly.
Every journey contains a set number of steps,
Whether it contains enough,
Or lacks far too many,
Is a mere matter of internal thought, of inner satisfaction.
But, the second is always the truth,
Everyone falters, Everyone falls, Everyone fails.
Some are infantile,
Some are unmotivated,
Some are lost,
Some are pathetic,
Some are aged.
Everyone has an excuse;
So no one ever carries on, their legacy ends, their feet rot away.

theysayjump

21-05-2006 16:04:43

Everyone, no matter how rich or poor you are has to start somewhere and it's up to you to make something of yourself.

Only you can decide whether or not your life has been a success or a failure, if you're satisfied with your life or the things you've done.

There's always a reason or an excuse by someone for why they can't do something, why they can't make their lives better, change their situation so nobody ever does anything about it. People forget them, forget the things they've done, places they been, people they've met and influenced because nobody cares enough to keep a good thing going.

No? shrug

SonTenshinhan

21-05-2006 17:02:52

I noticed the contrast between [ib7b4bfd252]feat[/ib7b4bfd252], as in an achievement or the journey that is mentioned and [ib7b4bfd252]feet[/ib7b4bfd252], as in one's feet, the part of the body that allows one to take a step. Do you think this has any importance or means something deeper?

Nimh

21-05-2006 18:42:10

[quote140b734d0a="SonTenshinhan"]I noticed the contrast between [i140b734d0a]feat[/i140b734d0a], as in an achievement or the journey that is mentioned and [i140b734d0a]feet[/i140b734d0a], as in one's feet, the part of the body that allows one to take a step. Do you think this has any importance or means something deeper?[/quote140b734d0a]

Yes. Not sure what tho.