How to not get scammed of American Idol Tickets

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=39694

hairyferry

21-05-2006 08:28:39

So American Idol is coming to Rochester. Lucky me (sarcasim) my fiance is infatuated with the program. So I was gonna buy tickets to see it to score a few points. So I went to buy them the day they went on sale and of course there are none but the crap seats left. So I posted on Craigslist that I was looking for some good floor seats. A guy Emailed me and we made a deal for how much. Now the question is how do I go about this so I don't get scammed. I'm not saying the guy is a scammer I just wanna cover my butt. The guy gave me his phone number and all but he lives about 3 hours away so I'm not going to drive to pick them up. Any suggestions?

johnjimjones

21-05-2006 08:55:46

[quotee094a8487d="hairyferry"]So American Idol is coming to Rochester. Lucky me (sarcasim) my fiance is infatuated with the program. So I was gonna buy tickets to see it to score a few points. So I went to buy them the day they went on sale and of course there are none but the crap seats left. So I posted on Craigslist that I was looking for some good floor seats. A guy Emailed me and we made a deal for how much. Now the question is how do I go about this so I don't get scammed. I'm not saying the guy is a scammer I just wanna cover my butt. The guy gave me his phone number and all but he lives about 3 hours away so I'm not going to drive to pick them up. Any suggestions?[/quotee094a8487d]
Well driving that 3 hours is a good insurance that you won't get scammed (even with the price of gas). If you really don't want to drive, give him a call and make sure everything looks right.

JJPRO11

21-05-2006 08:56:53

buy off of ticket websites.. like ticketsnow.com, stubhub.com, ticketzone.. theres tons of these sites out there and you have a far better chance of them being legit than this person.

JKirk

21-05-2006 09:00:22

[quote1476e94a5c="JJPRO11"]buy off of ticket websites.. like ticketsnow.com, stubhub.com, ticketzone.. theres tons of these sites out there and you have a far better chance of them being legit than this person.[/quote1476e94a5c]

Yeah, he could do that but he said that the only seats left available are crap seats so he wants to buy them off someone else. You could always try eBay? Maybe you can require that guy to put them on eBay and pay via PayPal, that way if they turn up bad you can file a claim and get your money back.

hairyferry

21-05-2006 09:23:59

Well the guy just emailed me and apparently he has them listed on StubHub, is there a way that I can make sure that is really him selling those tickets?

FreeOffersNow

21-05-2006 11:57:32

Tell him you're a cop.

bickman00

21-05-2006 13:34:00

[quotee2d7c2a14f="hairyferry"]Well the guy just emailed me and apparently he has them listed on StubHub, is there a way that I can make sure that is really him selling those tickets?[/quotee2d7c2a14f]

ask him to show you a picture of the tickets he has, if it matches the ones on the site, then you can figure it's his..

also, make sure they are actual ticketmaster tickets and not the ones you print out. most scammers will print multiple copies of their tickets and sell.

also ask for his address and see if you can confirm that it is-- for example look in a phone book or use the internet...

when you get the tickets, you can easily tell if they are legit or not...

i've never had a problem buying tickets online, and i've also gotten the print at home ones for a red sox yankees game once...

jy3

21-05-2006 18:02:34

know anyone in the same town?
have them get them