Half.com Problems: Update Part 2

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=39655

bballp6699

20-05-2006 16:21:12

I've been trying to sell off some PSPs I bought a while ago during the whole DLF fiasco. I sold the last one off like two weeks ago. Overall I sold about seven. Last night I got an email from Half.com saying that a buyer had issued a chargeback claiming he didn't get the PSP.

Here's the thing. I DEFINATLEY remember sending this PSP as it was to Hollywood and I remember seeing the shipping label to there. The ship date was also on March, 29th and I ALWAYS ship before the ship date. So, we're looking at a sale of well over a month of a $250 item. Why would this guy not send me an email during this month and a half and ask me where it was?

I think I'm being taken here, and I'm not sure what to do about it. Half.com has buyer protection asking for a tracking number and confirmation. I don't have these any longer. However, the buyer has a 0 feedback rating and I have a 94 rating at 100%.

Any suggestions on what I should do? Don't reply telling me how stupid I am for throwing away the tracking, as there's not much I can do about this now.

onlyemokid

20-05-2006 16:22:46

At loss since you don't have the tracking.. But I'm sure there are things you could do, just dispute back saying no email from the buyer and if you sold the others the same way. Tell them that you've got other people that are happy.. Hope all goes well

bballp6699

20-05-2006 16:24:13

Yeah, that's what my email to half.com said. I told them how many I had already sold and mentioned the positive feedback from the ones that had bought them already.

I'm just hoping the loss of the tracking isn't the end...

CoMpFrEaK

20-05-2006 16:27:56

if you did have a tracking # just go to the post office and ask them to pull up records

tjwor

20-05-2006 16:29:21

I know with paypal, if you don't have proof to show you shipped it, then as far as they are concerned, you didn't ship it... hopefully half.com is better about it, I learned my lesson and never throw shipping ocnformation codes away shrug Good Luck D

Veek

20-05-2006 16:35:20

Give me his address. shock

dmorris68

20-05-2006 16:39:48

If you can't prove shipment, it's going to be your word against his. Hopefully they look at your reputation compared to his, but in the end if he paid with CC and disputes the charge, he's their customer and he'll get the benefit of the doubt most likely.

Hindsight being 20/20 and all, consider doing all your own shipping online. I have a scale and USPS, UPS, and FedEx shipper accounts. They all will send you free shipping materials. You package it up, weight it, pay for postage online and print the label. Then drop it in your mailbox or give to the carrier (for USPS), or for UPS/FedEx, drop off at any pickup point for free pickup.

I ship most smaller things USPS Priority (comes with free Delivery Confirmation when done online) and they maintain your shipping history for you. You just login and lookup any shipment going back at least 1 year. That way you don't have to worry about keeping shipping records yourself.

bballp6699

20-05-2006 17:23:17

[quoteab58ba5a06="Veek"]Give me his address. shock[/quoteab58ba5a06]

N Crescent Heights Blvd
West Hollywood, CA 90046

Go take some pictures of him playing my PSP... (

zwarrior99

21-05-2006 19:28:29

uhh stall till you get paid.. and then respond with OWNED! roll

tjwor

21-05-2006 22:16:37

[quote326d68da9e="zwarrior99"]uhh stall till you get paid.. and then respond with OWNED! roll[/quote326d68da9e]

I don't like you... I see this post and i'm like "WTF? When did FRG become such a retard" then I realize that you just stole is avatar...

johnjimjones

21-05-2006 22:18:49

The buyer IS DLF.

zwarrior99

22-05-2006 05:14:23

[quote30fbc41283="tjwor"][quote30fbc41283="zwarrior99"]uhh stall till you get paid.. and then respond with OWNED! roll[/quote30fbc41283]

I don't like you... I see this post and i'm like "WTF? When did FRG become such a retard" then I realize that you just stole is avatar...[/quote30fbc41283]

wow im sorry i didnt know you were such a little pussy. Anyways I did not take his avatar it was a misunderstanding I found it on google images;'I had yet to see his.

bballp6699

23-05-2006 16:17:22

[quote42ca51a769="Half.com"]Our policy is to debit a seller's account if they cannot provide proof
of shipment, such as a tracking number or Delivery Confirmation Number.
We have reviewed your account and see that you have an overall good
feedback score and there have been no other complaints of non-delivery.

Therefore, as a one-time courtesy, your account has not been debited
for
this sale.
However, you may want to consider purchasing Delivery Confirmation for
your shipments in the future.

For more information please review the information regarding shipping
using this link.

http//half.ebay.com/help/index.cfm?helpsection=fulfill

Sincerely,

eBays Half.com Chargeback Division[/quote42ca51a769]

Wahoo. +Karma to Half.com.

jy3

23-05-2006 16:28:39

nice
live and learn )

CoMpFrEaK

23-05-2006 16:45:08

[quote1ef6b8fdb0="bballp6699"][quote1ef6b8fdb0="Half.com"]Our policy is to debit a seller's account if they cannot provide proof
of shipment, such as a tracking number or Delivery Confirmation Number.
We have reviewed your account and see that you have an overall good
feedback score and there have been no other complaints of non-delivery.

Therefore, as a one-time courtesy, your account has not been debited
for
this sale.
However, you may want to consider purchasing Delivery Confirmation for
your shipments in the future.

For more information please review the information regarding shipping
using this link.

http//half.ebay.com/help/index.cfm?helpsection=fulfill

Sincerely,

eBays Half.com Chargeback Division[/quote1ef6b8fdb0]

Wahoo. +Karma to Half.com.[/quote1ef6b8fdb0]

<---takes a look at my feedback

<----searches for n00bies

<----make devious plans

tjwor

23-05-2006 16:46:55

sweet D I wonder if they took the hit or if they got fought the CC company...

onlyemokid

23-05-2006 16:50:34

I'm glad it worked out for you!

bballp6699

03-06-2006 09:27:48

So I go downstairs today to check the mail and there it is. The PSP in question. It is marked shipped March 31, then there is another stamp on it for April 3rd. Then writtin on it are the dates April 20th, May 5th, May 11, and then "Return to sender May 25th". I checked the address on the box again and it is correct. I'm pretty confused as to whats going on here...

My one theory is that he moved and realized he needed the money more than the PSP. So the PSP was left there as he tried for the chargeback. When his chargeback was denied he sent back the PSP in hope of just giving his money back...

Maybe not, but who knows... shrug

I'm going to email the buyer and see if he responds...

CoMpFrEaK

03-06-2006 13:29:09

[quotea78cea7bf6="bballp6699"]So I go downstairs today to check the mail and there it is. The PSP in question. It is marked shipped March 31, then there is another stamp on it for April 3rd. Then writtin on it are the dates April 20th, May 5th, May 11, and then "Return to sender May 25th". I checked the address on the box again and it is correct. I'm pretty confused as to whats going on here...

My one theory is that he moved and realized he needed the money more than the PSP. So the PSP was left there as he tried for the chargeback. When his chargeback was denied he sent back the PSP in hope of just giving his money back...

Maybe not, but who knows... shrug

I'm going to email the buyer and see if he responds...[/quotea78cea7bf6]

buyer got pwned

tylerc

03-06-2006 16:52:04

I'd keep it and sell it again.