Go Cavs

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=39610

mpj31

19-05-2006 18:22:56

Going to be a good ending, lets see if lebron can lead his team once again. None of my favorite teams are in the playoffs however its nice to see the underdogs like the clippers and cavs start winning.

MyungChunHa

19-05-2006 18:40:00

Even though Lebron will be the best player in the league, the next micheal jordan might I add, in about three years, he is still too young and will make stupid mistakes, with un-polished leadership skills, and this will show in this series with the pistons taking game 6 and 7....He made a damn good run this year, but next year is his, he probably will come away with a championship if not at least the conference finals throphy....

liEDITli
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the piston's have the best defense in the league when it comes down to the line and they have way too much experience under their belts....Plus they have much more quality in their players, especially the bench, than the Cav's do...This will also be another defining factor in the series...The Cav's only went this far because of momentum and the Piston's actually have what it takes to win...Look for tonight to be a Piston win as well as the next game, lets just say series while we're at it (meaning the next series against the Heat = Piston's win)

mpj31

19-05-2006 18:49:54

Pistons have been looking sloppy, but picked it up in the end. They arent unstoppable though and rasheed wallace is a punk.

CollidgeGraduit

19-05-2006 18:52:01

Pistons have definitely been slacking since the first game, and the Cavs have been stepping it up. Pistons have the momentum, and I see them taking game 7 by 10

MyungChunHa

19-05-2006 19:00:30

The Pistons have NOT been sloppy this series roll , they are rarely sloppy.....the Cavs have LeBron, THAT is why they won Game 3 (the only game that they were a little sloppy, i guess), not because the Pistons weren't stepping it up

Games 4 and 5 were so close that either team could have won EASILY, it's just that the Cavs have played extremely well plus they have an excellent coach who knows how to attack when the other team is down...

the Pistons aren't unstoppable like someone said but they are among the top three teams in the league and that is giving a lot to the mavs (2nd IMO) who have impressed me thus far....

Rasheed is a little cocky basterd but most players in any sport are, I like how his motto is saying they are going to win every game, it's funny lol , and effective in some ways, de-meaning and making the Cavs nervous...

duh

19-05-2006 19:02:41

i cant belive they lost, flip murry couldnt get a rebound if his life depended on it

mpj31

19-05-2006 21:21:50

actually...billups has been in a slump...

they have been making mistakes down the stretch

people arent executing

prince happens to be the only piston playing at the level he can

ILoveToys

19-05-2006 22:53:53

The stones aren't playing the team game that got them 64 wins. It's like they have reverted to the Larry Brown days, except the only problem with that is that Flip Saunders doesn't make very good adjustments for playing that type of game. I look to see them out and running in game 7....expect to see Rip oopin it up to Big Ben and the Palace Prince at least 3 or 4 times in the game. Motown embaraces Lebron and they win by at least 20 in game 7....That's my prediction for whatever it's worth....

mpj31

19-05-2006 23:22:04

so everyones a pistons fan huh, Idono usually I would think people enjoy the underdogs...

MyungChunHa

20-05-2006 07:19:15

[quote0d5d40b164="mpj31"]so everyones a pistons fan huh, Idono usually I would think people enjoy the underdogs...[/quote0d5d40b164]
Well, I actually don't like their team, just respect their play....They are one of the best teams I have ever seen play, they can completely shut down an offense and dominate the game....

And yeah, your right about Billups not performing like usual, but I wasn't breaking it down individually, I meant the team as a whole....Someone picks up the slack every game...The first two games were wins....Rip Hamilton (at least offensively) in Game 3 and 4...Prince in Game 5...The last two games will be wins...The Pistons have not slumped, the Cavs (LeBron James) just played well....

CollidgeGraduit

20-05-2006 07:35:06

[quotec02e82dc1a="mpj31"]so everyones a pistons fan huh, Idono usually I would think people enjoy the underdogs...[/quotec02e82dc1a]

I live in the 'burbs of Detroit, so I love all the Detroit teams. This is a great year to be a Detroit sports fan. Even though the Wings dropped out already, they had a great year, the Pistons are having a great year, the Tigers are having a great year, and things look promising for the Lions.

goof

20-05-2006 08:58:47

I live in Michigan and am also a Detroit fan of everything.... and can say I've been a Lions fan for my entire life.....loss after loss

Armstrong

20-05-2006 10:14:32

[bb71c0344f8]DEE-TROIT BASKETBALL![/bb71c0344f8][/sizeb71c0344f8][/colorb71c0344f8]

good2speed

20-05-2006 12:40:22

F the Cavs

F the Pistons

Ya'll enjoy fighting it out in Game 7.

Miami gets much needed rest. Hey they can go to the beach on SUN.

Hope the winner isn't too tired or broken down...

Wolfeman

20-05-2006 12:52:21

CLIPPERS ARE WINNING MONDAY!!!

MyungChunHa

20-05-2006 12:57:19

[quote236c983cf3="Wolfeman"]CLIPPERS ARE WINNING MONDAY!!![/quote236c983cf3]
Your Clippers have not impressed me at all....

The reason being is because I knew they were as good as they are and I knew, since the start of the season (which I tried to argue to many unbelievers with no luck), they were at least going to get this far...Hell if they beat the Suns it would come as a nice little suprise to me, I hate the Suns, they are never going to win a championship and as good as Nash is, he does not deserve MVP....

Wolfeman

20-05-2006 13:01:05

[quote8aacbff34e="AbSoLuT_xXxEr0"][quote8aacbff34e="Wolfeman"]CLIPPERS ARE WINNING MONDAY!!![/quote8aacbff34e]
Your Clippers have not impressed me at all....

The reason being is because I knew they were as good as they are and I knew, since the start of the season (which I tried to argue to many unbelievers with no luck), they were at least going to get this far...Hell if they beat the Suns it would come as a nice little suprise to me, I hate the Suns, they are never going to win a championship and as good as Nash is, he does not deserve MVP....[/quote8aacbff34e]
The Clippers destroyed the Nuggets and have played way better than the Suns. The Suns haven't won a single game, the Clippers have lost them. They are a really young team and most of them had 0 playoff experience. If they keep this team together they are going to be so dangerous next season no matter what happens Monday night...

special k

20-05-2006 13:36:32

Ive been a Pistons fan my whole life and I lived in the sub-urbs of detroit for 11 or 12 years until I moved to where I am currently, New Jersey. I love the way they play and being a basketball player myself I can actually learn to play from them unlike all the other NBA teams whos plays consists of 1 or 2 passes and a shot. Its going to be a big game tommorow and I hope we can pull it off. My predictions for the rest of the playoffs are Pistons beat Cavs, clippers win, spurs win, and than pistons beat miami in 6, spurs over clips in 6, and than pistons over spurs in 5. Might happen might not

ILoveToys

20-05-2006 13:55:47

[quote12bd3ac236="special k"]Ive been a Pistons fan my whole life and I lived in the sub-urbs of detroit for 11 or 12 years until I moved to where I am currently, New Jersey. I love the way they play and being a basketball player myself I can actually learn to play from them unlike all the other NBA teams whos plays consists of 1 or 2 passes and a shot. Its going to be a big game tommorow and I hope we can pull it off. My predictions for the rest of the playoffs are Pistons beat Cavs, clippers win, spurs win, and than pistons beat miami in 6, spurs over clips in 6, and than pistons over spurs in 5. Might happen might not[/quote12bd3ac236]

That doesn't sound too far off.

good2speed

20-05-2006 14:46:26

[quotee3591230d3="Wolfeman"]
The Clippers destroyed the Nuggets and have played way better than the Suns. The Suns haven't won a single game, the Clippers have lost them. They are a really young team and most of them had 0 playoff experience. If they keep this team together they are going to be so dangerous next season no matter what happens Monday night...[/quotee3591230d3]

Clips are good but have done no better than what the Lakers did (force a game 7). PHX is a good team but not a great one without Amare. They would truly be sick with Amare, all the new guys(Diaw, Thomas, Bell) and Barboso.

The clips have a good nucleus growing but Sam Cassell is only good for maybe another year. My bet he tries to play free agent market to get a mutli year deal. Don't think Sterling is willing to give a 36 year old guard a multi year deal. Without Casselll I think they stagnate. Brand is phenomenal and Livingston is good but after that it's very inconsistent. Plus what's Radmanovic;'s value after the playoffs. Doubt Sterling picks that up either. This is the year for this team. Win or lose they don't come back the same team.

Basically whoever wins the SA-DAL series is gonna stream roll there way to the finals.

SA-DAL = WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS

Wolfeman

20-05-2006 15:03:45

[quote2811f71a7e="good2speed"][quote2811f71a7e="Wolfeman"]
The Clippers destroyed the Nuggets and have played way better than the Suns. The Suns haven't won a single game, the Clippers have lost them. They are a really young team and most of them had 0 playoff experience. If they keep this team together they are going to be so dangerous next season no matter what happens Monday night...[/quote2811f71a7e]

Clips are good but have done no better than what the Lakers did (force a game 7). PHX is a good team but not a great one without Amare. They would truly be sick with Amare, all the new guys(Diaw, Thomas, Bell) and Barboso.

The clips have a good nucleus growing but Sam Cassell is only good for maybe another year. My bet he tries to play free agent market to get a mutli year deal. Don't think Sterling is willing to give a 36 year old guard a multi year deal. Without Casselll I think they stagnate. Brand is phenomenal and Livingston is good but after that it's very inconsistent. Plus what's Radmanovic;'s value after the playoffs. Doubt Sterling picks that up either. This is the year for this team. Win or lose they don't come back the same team.

Basically whoever wins the SA-DAL series is gonna stream roll there way to the finals.

SA-DAL = WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS[/quote2811f71a7e]
Clips are in the 2nd round, Lakers aren't. Clippers did a lot more.

Cassell is a wildcard but I think Livingston is ready to step up. He isn't even close with on court leadership but he is going to be amazing very soon. He has the best on court vision since Magic, no joke.

They aren't inconsistent at all. Assume Cassell leaves. Starting lineup is Livingston (pure talent), Mobley (veteran shooter), Maggette, Brand, Kaman. Thats a tough lineup. Kaman has gotten better every year and is quickly becoming the best true C in the league. Maggette is an injury risk but if he stays healthy, he is awesome. Radmanovic is great off the bench for 3s but who knows if they can keep him. If they keep that starting 5 together plus the coach, in 2 years they'll be a championship contender...

MyungChunHa

20-05-2006 15:03:57

[quoted4ebce371a="good2speed"][quoted4ebce371a="Wolfeman"]
The Clippers destroyed the Nuggets and have played way better than the Suns. The Suns haven't won a single game, the Clippers have lost them. They are a really young team and most of them had 0 playoff experience. If they keep this team together they are going to be so dangerous next season no matter what happens Monday night...[/quoted4ebce371a]

SA-DAL = WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS[/quoted4ebce371a]
Yes and No.

L.A. will be good for another couple of years, given they find somenoe to help out Cassell with his point guard duties....He'll survive as a leader for at least two more years, but he needs someone to come out and be a back-up for him whenever his aging-body needs it....Don't forget that they still have Quiton Ross, Cuttino Mobley, Corey Maggettee, Chris Kaman(a little hesitant to put his name in there), and Shaun Livingston will be damn good in a few years (he'll probably end up just like Tayshan Prince).....So, this year won't be win or lose, it's going to be a couple of years until the Clips lose their chances of a title, given they do get another point guard to help out Cassell, which I'm positive they will do...

Wolfeman

20-05-2006 15:05:32

KAMAN IS A GOD AMONG MEN!!! Yeah I forgot about Ross (Bruce Bowen 2.0)...

justinag06

20-05-2006 16:28:58

your clippers flopped the end of the season to avoid the mavs and play the nuggets

they are a good team, but the mavs or spurs are going to destroy them(I still think the suns will take it) 4-0

then again I bet most people here are betting on the spurs in game 7

MyungChunHa

20-05-2006 16:30:04

[quotea36aa87d65="Wolfeman"]KAMAN IS A GOD AMONG MEN!!! Yeah I forgot about Ross (Bruce Bowen 2.0)...[/quotea36aa87d65]
You misspelled Yao Ming's name, it's actually M-I-N-G, not K-A-M-A-N....

Ross lit them up in the first half of last game, I just wished he would have followed up in the second...

ILoveToys

21-05-2006 19:01:57

[quotecd7a2a902e="ILoveToys"]The stones aren't playing the team game that got them 64 wins. It's like they have reverted to the Larry Brown days, except the only problem with that is that Flip Saunders doesn't make very good adjustments for playing that type of game. I look to see them out and running in game 7....expect to see Rip oopin it up to Big Ben and the Palace Prince at least 3 or 4 times in the game. Motown embaraces Lebron and they win by at least 20 in game 7....That's my prediction for whatever it's worth....[/quotecd7a2a902e]

It was 18...but I did ok I think...

ThreatNet

21-05-2006 19:44:23

Detroit wins! Go heat in the next series!