new site...surroundsound4free

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=3959

Silverwolf

10-12-2004 18:19:25

http//surroundsound4free.com/

There you go no referal link attached....

but if you would like to help me out PM me for my link...but i know no one will so bahh....

l0th

11-12-2004 05:19:56

I feel like I should let people know that the guy who set-up the deal using Jeff's script is also running a conga line for it. That will give you an idea of what you might be getting into....

What a bright idea you get people to sign-up so that you get your free stuff and then checks from advertisers on top of it.

Collateral

11-12-2004 08:17:47

Think it's a scam?

BlingKing

11-12-2004 08:29:48

probably not, i didnt sign up though incase i can trade it for a ref.

Collateral

11-12-2004 08:34:23

Oh good. It's an awesome website. I already signed up, I can probably get my referrals pretty easy.

EatChex89

11-12-2004 09:16:50

lucky you collateral ;-)

Collateral

11-12-2004 09:31:27

[quoted28b603a67="EatChex89"]lucky you collateral ;-)[/quoted28b603a67]

Haha, I'm not doing what you're thinking. I've got another way wink

l0th

11-12-2004 11:04:00

[quotef20f85ffff]Think it's a scam?[/quotef20f85ffff]

Oh no.... I'm certainly not able to be affirmative about this deal.

All I'm trying to do is

[quotef20f85ffff]give you an idea of what you might be getting into.... [/quotef20f85ffff]

Collateral

11-12-2004 11:20:33

[quote67e568497b="l0th"][quote67e568497b]Think it's a scam?[/quote67e568497b]

Oh no.... I'm certainly not able to be affirmative about this deal.

All I'm trying to do is

[quote67e568497b]give you an idea of what you might be getting into.... [/quote67e568497b][/quote67e568497b]

what i might be getting into? Please clarrify....

l0th

11-12-2004 12:25:29

[quotebf758bd840]what i might be getting into? Please clarrify....[/quotebf758bd840]

Sure.

I didn't want to post anything that would appear as self-promotion here, and [bbf758bd840]please[/bbf758bd840] note that this is not what my blurb is about. I [bbf758bd840]won't[/bbf758bd840] have a conga for this deal (and it will be clear why in a minute), so I'm really not trying to promote anything that would benefit me here.

Also, please note that I'm not saying this deal is a scam because there's no way I could know.

What I know for fact are two things.

1) I first heard of the person running this deal because he joined several of our congas. Actually he's still on at least one of them since we got him a referral just a couple days ago. At some point he offered to host our congas on a server of his. We weren't too sure about this and told him he could submit a draft we could check to see if this was appealing to us. He asked if he could copy some of our stuff for the purpose of making that draft and we agreed. Having seen the draft we had a discussion in between admins and none of us felt comfortable with making that move, so we thanked him for his effort but refused politely to move our congas.

Some time later, I figured by chance that he had been using that server of his for a while, to run congas that were exact copies of ours. When I say exact copies, I mean down to the single word. Literally copy and paste kind of stuff.

I had a chat with him then, and I explained that we didn't have any rules against our members running their own congas, but that we really minded his lack of creativity and originality. I should mention he had also used the pics one of our members had made for his sig to promote our congas, and just modified the name of it to promote his. I just realized today he was not even able to take his own screenshots to make banners for his congas. Most of these on his website are just taken from ours. Whatever, they're just banners and they're not even our own work originally...

When we had that discussion, I warned him that copying the layout of the congas was one thing, but that if he intended to try and use the code of our circles we would have to get a little more serious about it. That's when he told me he had another project, that he called conga quads at that point. Either conga quads were thrown to the trash or they are what we see today, and that's my 2)

2) What his doing today is this. Instead of creating something original he uses Jeff's script to run surroundsound4free. I don't mind the lack of creativity here since Jeff has decided to sell his script. (on a side note, Jeff told me in a chat yesterday that he regreted to have started selling this script. I think he now realizes that as soon as someone uses it to run a scam it will be impossible to sell it or even use it). What is much stranger (if someone has seen that before, please let us know), is that he's hosting a conga line for that deal he's running. I guess there's nothing wrong about this. At least, there's nothing that says this is a scam.

I just wanted to point these unusual practices, some of them (especially in 1)) really questionable, so that people will know what kind of person he's running this new deal before getting into it.

I have great faith in Jeff's script, and I'll probably join the deals Jeff will run himself with that script. But one think is for sure I won't join surroundsound4free because I have little trust in the person who runs it.

Now, as I said before, the deal might well turn out legit and I hope it will for all the people who've already joined.

Collateral

11-12-2004 13:20:56

Crap dude. I'm almost regreting joining that website. Maybe I'll just throw it off and never complete it. But I don't know, I really need some speakers. Hopefully it does turn out legit and not just a scam. o

l0th

11-12-2004 14:06:27

I really hope so. Maybe the guy is just really awkward and his intention are not bad. That's what I really hope. I don't care about him that much, but I think it would really suck for Jeff and his script if it turned out not to be a reliable deal.

EatChex89

11-12-2004 16:01:55

wow that was intriguing...