Dont buy Intel

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=39574

good2speed

19-05-2006 09:23:53

http//news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060519/tc_nm/intel_stocks_dc

Intel is going down baby and I love it more than anyone. Burn down Intel..

manOFice

19-05-2006 09:54:45

AMD all the way

johnjimjones

19-05-2006 10:01:02

shit Intel is done for. Dell was probably their main distributor of processors for them. Intel does have the new Macs but that still doesn't even come close to making up for Dell's switch.

good2speed

19-05-2006 10:01:47

I don't have a brand of preference just a hatred for Intel Corp.

I'm basically just a (Yankee) Intel hater

dmorris68

19-05-2006 10:07:06

It's for their servers only, though -- Dell still has an exclusive agreement with Intel for desktops and laptops. Of course their acquisition of Alienware kinda gave them a workaround for that.

AMD has consistently beat Intel for several years now, but AM2 is a disappointment compared to Conroe. Intel may actually climb back on top from a technical advantage standpoint, at least until AMD can counter Conroe.

I'm an AMD fan myself, haven't personally bought Intel in many many years, but competition is a good thing. Same as between NVidia and ATI. They push each other to be better and cheaper than the other, which is a win-win situation for us consumers.

good2speed

19-05-2006 10:42:24

[quote43a7f9ce9a="dmorris68"]It's for their servers only, though -- Dell still has an exclusive agreement with Intel for desktops and laptops. Of course their acquisition of Alienware kinda gave them a workaround for that.

AMD has consistently beat Intel for several years now, but AM2 is a disappointment compared to Conroe. Intel may actually climb back on top from a technical advantage standpoint, at least until AMD can counter Conroe.

I'm an AMD fan myself, haven't personally bought Intel in many many years, but competition is a good thing. Same as between NVidia and ATI. They push each other to be better and cheaper than the other, which is a win-win situation for us consumers.[/quote43a7f9ce9a]

thats true competition is good but I still have a thing against Intel. I hope Intel burns to the ground but another chip maunfacturer rises into its place and competes with AMD.

Intel is undergoing major changes right now and I'm unsure of where their leadership plans on taking the company. They've had so many codenames for upcoming develoment and then kept changing them to keep up with AMD. What ever happened to VIV does anyone even use that?

i remember when I worked there every 20 min or so they'd play the Intel jingle throughout the building. I want to shoot someone anytime I hear that jingle. Damn you Intel.

burritopunk

19-05-2006 10:45:33

The Viiv was the most idiotic concept i've seen. I refuse to sell it to customers (Circuit city).

EatChex89

19-05-2006 11:22:18

finally. i hate intel

ajasax

19-05-2006 11:28:55

This will be interesting. A city near where I live has a huge-ass Intel plant that employs well over 5,000 ppl. In fact, my aunt works there. Could be an economy-breaker for them...
arrow [ubb2edfcae4]Link[=http//intel.com/jobs/usa/sites/RioRancho/]Link[/ubb2edfcae4]

JOSHBOX

19-05-2006 11:58:21

You guys are not very bright if you think intel is going away by any strech... Mac is still completely backed by intel, and dell is only using AMD in some machines.

ajasax

19-05-2006 12:31:19

I know Intel's not going down...it's just sort of a big wake-up call for Intel that AMD is no longer the poor man's CPU, and poses a big threat to them.

good2speed

19-05-2006 12:36:24

[quoteeda7fa4666="JOSHBOX"]You guys are not very bright if you think intel is going away by any strech... Mac is still completely backed by intel, and dell is only using AMD in some machines.[/quoteeda7fa4666]

Intel going down... for the count. First round knockout. Vicious uppercut from AMD/Dell..

Ya they probably will still remain a viable company but I'm always happy to see the comp stagger a little.

stackmjwiz

19-05-2006 12:45:37

[quote8e2e145ef1]Intel going down... for the count. First round knockout. Vicious uppercut from AMD/Dell..

Ya they probably will still remain a viable company but I'm always happy to see the comp stagger a little.[/quote8e2e145ef1]

lol...I can see you really hate them

Ryizan

19-05-2006 12:52:13

I like AMD better so I was a little disapointed when Apple went with intel. ( They lishouldli have went with AMD. The first excuse was intel was going to supply chips that are unique to apple computers, well I have seen Core Duo's in PCs................

EatChex89

19-05-2006 12:56:09

[quote62ad924f98="Ryizan"]I like AMD better so I was a little disapointed when Apple went with intel. ( They lishouldli have went with AMD. The first excuse was intel was going to supply chips that are unique to apple computers, well I have seen Core Duo's in PCs................[/quote62ad924f98]

i wish that apple went with AMD too, intel is a joke.

Psyc

19-05-2006 14:08:25

What about this DRM thing Intel is adding to their new chips?

http//www.digitmag.co.uk/news/index.cfm?NewsID=4915
http//www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,121027,00.asp
http//www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,115055,00.asp

Someone showed me these articles, and finally convinced me to go with AMD.

Aurelius

19-05-2006 18:17:13

hm.. why do poeple hate on intel so much?i know the insanely hot running prescotts got on poeple's nerves but if you look at the new conroe benchmarks in comaprison to amd's m2, it's pretty much a no brainer where you'd go for performance at a lower price... performance>being a fanboy?

dmorris68

19-05-2006 18:25:25

[quoteb6678acd67="Aurelius"]hm.. why do poeple hate on intel so much?i know the insanely hot running prescotts got on poeple's nerves but if you look at the new conroe benchmarks in comaprison to amd's m2, it's pretty much a no brainer where you'd go for performance at a lower price... performance>being a fanboy?[/quoteb6678acd67]
Because up until Conroe, Intel couldn't really touch AMD on price/performance. As I agreed, AM2 is a disappointment.

Intel was due. Same thing happened with NVidia -- their cards ruled, then they got lazy and ATI overtook them. The generation of the 9800 Pro smoked all the NVidia 5xxx series cards. NVidia fought back with the 6xxx series and really overtook ATI with the 7xxx series again. ATI then released the x1900 which again pulls neck-and-neck.

I'm no fanboy of any particular technology (okay... maybe Linux). I buy what is most valuable from a price/features/performance standpoint. Intel has really been playing catch-up with AMD for several years now, and AMD fell short on the AM2. Conroe may be the first Intel I buy since 6-7 years ago, unless AMD pulls ahead before I'm ready to upgrade. Since I'm running a brand new dual-core Opteron 175 at the moment, I doubt I'll be buying soon. )