I thought I had a good plan

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=39289

amir89630

15-05-2006 13:33:09

So today I was sitting in chemistry thinking.

Gas prices piss me off, almost 3$ for a gallon, and gas execs are makin more $$$ than ever.

So my plan is basically a boycott of buying gasoline.
Everyone who participates will begin the boycott January 4, 2007 (this is to give the plan effective time to spread, and so we can sick them all at once, leaving them in a standstill position).

Of course, it is nearly impossible to survive w/out gasoline in our lives, so for some time prior to the boycott, we will be filling up our gas containers, enough to last about 2 weeks (just incase).

On January 4th, everyone will stop buying gasoline, the boycott will by then have national attention due to its spreading. When we launch our attack (boycott ) we will just sit back in chill while everyone goes nuts (don't shop at convenience stores either). The gas station owners will go nuts, the gas companise will go nuts, then the CEOs and the gov will go nuts, it will be perfect.

We will continue our protest utnil they drop the price of gas to 1.69/gal for regular gas, as well as a limit put in place, so they can't just raise it up again.

So anyways, u guys think this could work.

and of course, the plan would be abandoned, if no one else would try and follow through w/ it, not like one person is gonna make a differnce, for this to work we need about 50% of all american drivers.

I know that for some people it is impossible to not buy gas, those people who can should do this. If it will work.

PS if ur gonna be a tool, and say that the US has low gas prices compared to countries in europe and shit, then STFU, and kiss my grits.

doylnea

15-05-2006 13:48:07

wow, I just got this as an email - maybe you're onto to something...

[quote84f8da1db1]GASOLINE SOLUTION!

We CAN buy gasoline that is not from the Middle East. Gas rationing in the 80's worked even though we grumbled about it. It might even be good for us!

The Saudis are boycotting American goods. We should return the favor.

An interesting thought is to boycott their GAS. Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just buy from gas companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.

Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill-up the tank, I am sending my money to people who are trying to kill us. I thought it might be interesting for you to know which oil companies are the best to buy gas from and which major companies import Middle Eastern oil.

Shell............................205,742,000 barrels

Chevron/Texaco.........144,332,000 barrels

Exxon /Mobil................130,082,000 barrels

Marathon/Speedway...117,740,000 barrels

Amoco.........................62,231,000 barrels

If you do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION! I think it is up to $40 /barrel now!!! THINK ABOUT IT!!

Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern
oil

Citgo....................0 barrels

Sunoco............. .0 barrels

Conoco............. ..0 barrels

Sinclair............... 0 barrels

BP/Phillips.......... 0 barrels

Hess...................0 barrels

All of this information is available from the Department of Energy and each is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing. They report on a monthly basis. Keep this list in your car; share it with friends. Stop paying for terrorism.............

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of gas buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't wimp out at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I'm sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300).... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 =3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million peoplewill have been contacted.

If it goes one level further, you guessed it.....THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. How much would all that take?

If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next eight days!

I would like to add one thing to this.

GODBLESS (sic) AMERICA!

We are paying those terrorist 12 billion a day for gas.. I think the time has come for us to take a stand and do what this article suggests.

--- end gas prices email hoax

[/quote84f8da1db1]

Allen626

15-05-2006 13:50:43

I hope to God you are joking.

If you guys are really worried about gas prices. How about you do something about it like vote in compentant leaders? It is really quite easy. Oh and you know Hummers are not the most gas efficent vehicles.

Guess what? No more Hummers. No more SUVs unless you have a really good reason. No more trucks to drive around town. Support and buy efficent vehicles. Boycott with how you spend your money.

Crynos

15-05-2006 13:52:43

[quote0812d558f0="Allen626"]I hope to God you are joking.[/quote0812d558f0]I think hes serious, which is the really sad part

Wolfeman

15-05-2006 13:52:53

These boycotts are a joke...

darkscout

15-05-2006 13:52:53

[quote27677011c5]No where in your rambling incoherent response did you come close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. We are all dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.[/quote27677011c5]

I hope you also plan on boycotting the grocery store and any other mass produced store that receives its goods from truck or train.

This will not work. This will never work. "Boycotts" only work if there is an ALTERNATIVE. Boycott Best Buy and go to circuit city or if it is a non nessesity.

Personally. I just bought a diesel and I'm going to start doing my own WVO to BioDiesel conversions this summer.

amir89630

15-05-2006 13:53:54

[quote6eb9b1a6ff="doylnea"]wow, I just got this as an email - maybe you're onto to something...

[quote6eb9b1a6ff]GASOLINE SOLUTION!

We CAN buy gasoline that is not from the Middle East. Gas rationing in the 80's worked even though we grumbled about it. It might even be good for us!

The Saudis are boycotting American goods. We should return the favor.

An interesting thought is to boycott their GAS. Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just buy from gas companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.

Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill-up the tank, I am sending my money to people who are trying to kill us. I thought it might be interesting for you to know which oil companies are the best to buy gas from and which major companies import Middle Eastern oil.

Shell............................205,742,000 barrels

Chevron/Texaco.........144,332,000 barrels

Exxon /Mobil................130,082,000 barrels

Marathon/Speedway...117,740,000 barrels

Amoco.........................62,231,000 barrels

If you do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION! I think it is up to $40 /barrel now!!! THINK ABOUT IT!!

Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern
oil

Citgo....................0 barrels

Sunoco............. .0 barrels

Conoco............. ..0 barrels

Sinclair............... 0 barrels

BP/Phillips.......... 0 barrels

Hess...................0 barrels

All of this information is available from the Department of Energy and each is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing. They report on a monthly basis. Keep this list in your car; share it with friends. Stop paying for terrorism.............

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of gas buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't wimp out at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I'm sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300).... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 =3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million peoplewill have been contacted.

If it goes one level further, you guessed it.....THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. How much would all that take?

If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next eight days!

I would like to add one thing to this.

GODBLESS (sic) AMERICA!

We are paying those terrorist 12 billion a day for gas.. I think the time has come for us to take a stand and do what this article suggests.

[b6eb9b1a6ff]--- end gas prices email hoax[/b6eb9b1a6ff]

[/quote6eb9b1a6ff][/quote6eb9b1a6ff]

but im saying that we boycott the ones that buy from the middle east, fuck that . Im saying boycott the fuckers trying to jack us outta our money. Who cares where the fuck it comes from, it just pisses me off, that those guys are trying to get such a phat cut.

Allen626

15-05-2006 13:54:37

[quote18d2aa3fe5="amir89630"]but im saying that we boycott the ones that buy from the middle east, fuck that . Im saying boycott the fuckers trying to jack us outta our money. Who cares where the fuck it comes from, it just pisses me off, that those guys are trying to get such a phat cut.[/quote18d2aa3fe5]

The middle east is not fucking us over. We are fucking ourselves over. Ever check the profits of Exxon? Guess what, they are American.

Wolfeman

15-05-2006 13:55:35

[quote13dbdce1ae="Allen626"][quote13dbdce1ae="amir89630"]but im saying that we boycott the ones that buy from the middle east, fuck that . Im saying boycott the fuckers trying to jack us outta our money. Who cares where the fuck it comes from, it just pisses me off, that those guys are trying to get such a phat cut.[/quote13dbdce1ae]

The middle east is not fucking us over. We are fucking ourselves over. Ever check the profits of Exxon? Guess what, they are American.[/quote13dbdce1ae]
Exactly. The American oil companies are fucking us over but its easier to just blame them muslims...

amir89630

15-05-2006 13:56:16

[quoted50f6bf736="Allen626"][quoted50f6bf736="amir89630"]but im saying that we boycott the ones that buy from the middle east, fuck that . Im saying boycott the fuckers trying to jack us outta our money. Who cares where the fuck it comes from, it just pisses me off, that those guys are trying to get such a phat cut.[/quoted50f6bf736]

The middle east is not fucking us over. We are fucking ourselves over. Ever check the profits of Exxon? Guess what, they are American.[/quoted50f6bf736]

I know im saying who gives a shit about buying it from the middle east. Its our AMERICAN execs that are fucking us.

Wolfeman

15-05-2006 13:57:40

Not buying for 1 day isn't going to do shit anyways. People just fill up the day before or after. We need to break our addiction to oil and look for alternatives but the lobbyists are too powerful...

aguy

15-05-2006 13:59:04

your all retarded. if we just boycotted and piketed at all mobile stations gas prices would go down.

amir89630

15-05-2006 13:59:56

[quotee994beab4e="Wolfeman"]Not buying for 1 day isn't going to do shit anyways. People just fill up the day before or after. We need to break our addiction to oil and look for alternatives but the lobbyists are too powerful...[/quotee994beab4e]

im saying we hav eenough juice stored up to strike for about 2 weeks. Thats like 1/24 of their profits, and those greedy fuckers wouldn't give that up. During that time, one company will drop their prices so that all the people will run the them, thus stealing the business of the other companies, and after that, the other companies will be forced to compete, unelss the system just proves to be a fat monopoly.

And by "would you do it ", i meant would u do it, if it seemed like everyone else was gonna do it.

Wolfeman

15-05-2006 14:01:47

[quotee3e46fd3af="aguy"]your all retarded. if we just boycotted and piketed at all mobile stations gas prices would go down.[/quotee3e46fd3af]
They'll just raise the price higher so when you have to fill up it makes up for the lost profits. We need to break our dependency and then it won't matter...

amir89630

15-05-2006 14:08:21

[quote9c7399abf3="Wolfeman"][quote9c7399abf3="aguy"]your all retarded. if we just boycotted and piketed at all mobile stations gas prices would go down.[/quote9c7399abf3]
They'll just raise the price higher so when you have to fill up it makes up for the lost profits. We need to break our dependency and then it won't matter...[/quote9c7399abf3]

It narrows down to whether they will have the balls to hold strong against the people, or give in.

But think about it, if 1/2 the nation will stop buying gas, then they would have to. I understnad there are some who have jobs and shit, and if some of the service industries would ahve to stop running, but those will need to run.

Breaking our dependency is near to impossible, for now.
Even if every car company decided to make new cars w/ different methods of power. What about all the cars people own, it can't be doen on those w/out expensive modifications.

This plan is definietely easier (not superier) than breaking our dependency on gasoline. And we break our dependency, prices go back down, but will only go back up when people revert to gasoline.

Wolfeman

15-05-2006 14:09:44

I have a BA in Economics, this is a retarded idea and it won't change a damn thing. If we want to change we have to elect people that don't have a vested interest in American oil money...

Crynos

15-05-2006 14:11:41

Im surprised noones pointed out that i doubt half the country will rally to amir's side

freedesktoppc

15-05-2006 14:34:50

You guys know nothing, their profits have gone down as a result of the increased oil/barrel prices. boycotting them will just force them to raise prices more.

EatChex89

15-05-2006 14:37:48

[quote067a243c7b="Allen626"]I hope to God you are joking.

If you guys are really worried about gas prices. How about you do something about it like vote in compentant leaders? It is really quite easy. Oh and you know Hummers are not the most gas efficent vehicles.

Guess what? No more Hummers. No more SUVs unless you have a really good reason. No more trucks to drive around town. Support and buy efficent vehicles. Boycott with how you spend your money.[/quote067a243c7b]

speaking of Hummers, the '06 model is the last.

that's right, those gas guzzlers are being discontinued

amir89630

15-05-2006 14:53:27

[quote3b47fbf223="Crynos"]Im surprised noones pointed out that i doubt half the country will rally to amir's side[/quote3b47fbf223]

thats the only hard part. All the objections other people are making suck.

I just need 1/2 the people to take my side.

You other guys can derelick my balls. ;-)

Wolfeman

15-05-2006 14:55:03

[quoteb805aad8c8="amir89630"][quoteb805aad8c8="Crynos"]Im surprised noones pointed out that i doubt half the country will rally to amir's side[/quoteb805aad8c8]

thats the only hard part. All the objections other people are making suck.

I just need 1/2 the people to take my side.

You other guys can derelick my balls. ;-)[/quoteb805aad8c8]
Its a good thought, don't get me wrong, it just won't work. You keep fighting the good fight though...

Veek

15-05-2006 14:55:41

LOL.

ilanbg

15-05-2006 15:12:21

[quote1f11f1f9f5="Veek"]LOL.[/quote1f11f1f9f5]

IAWTC.

UberVash

15-05-2006 15:21:37

cooking oil works as well as diesel fuel. worked on mythbusters. )

Iloveipods2

15-05-2006 15:24:10

[quote3336cb8930="ilanbg"][quote3336cb8930="Veek"]LOL.[/quote3336cb8930]

IAWTC.[/quote3336cb8930]

IAWTC.

just boycott exxon, the rest would follow.

h3x

15-05-2006 15:25:00

Gas is $3.20 here (cheapest you can find it here is $3.15) ?

jy3

15-05-2006 15:28:08

want to make a difference for yourself in the gas market?
invest in the oil companies. short term, at least 5 years, u will net big time cash.
gonna buy some stock shortly...
at least get some of your money back and fuel your own success (pun intended)

darkscout

15-05-2006 15:34:14

[quote1429a601ee="EatChex89"]that's right, those gas guzzlers are being discontinued[/quote1429a601ee]

Only the ORIGINAL hummer. The only real one of the bunch is being discontinued. It's the only SUV I'd ever consider getting. That or a Unimog. It's a military vehicle that is built well.

The H2 and the H3 are still going to be made.

idrinklisterine

15-05-2006 15:57:17

Boycotts don't work if you go back the next day/week/month and buy what you just boycotted.

FreeOffersNow

15-05-2006 16:03:52

Baaaahhhhuuuuummmmmbuggggggg

kevxross

15-05-2006 18:17:38

[quote69c6a387ab="aguy"]your all retarded. if we just boycotted and piketed at all mobile stations gas prices would go down.[/quote69c6a387ab]

You're a genius. roll

Bill

15-05-2006 18:23:40

Water will probably replace gasoline in a few years http//www.dumpalink.com/media/1147684582/Water_As_Fuel_

amir89630

15-05-2006 18:24:41

this isn't a boycott boycott. Its just a kick back and relax, and don't buy gas. And prior to it, you would stock up on some good ol' gas over short time, not the day before. I'm sure as hell not gonna do it if no one else does. It takes a joint effort for it to work. That is why there is a set trigger date, this way word gets out, and everyone has time to prepare before owning the gas. Im not just fuckin saying that you should stop buying gas right now, im saying u should

So if u can say to urself that you won't buy gas on that date or w/e. And then you see on that day that no one else is doing it either, then the shit begins, and then we can slap John D. Rockefeller across the face in the grave.

hilaryfanatic09

15-05-2006 18:54:54

You just thought of this? I thought they already do these about once or twice a year...

tylerc

15-05-2006 19:41:17

What an original idea roll

syriandoode

15-05-2006 20:18:16

amir you should be ashamed. look at how well your arabian neighbors are profiting from swindling these americans.

particulary the syrian ones. D

tylerc

15-05-2006 20:27:11

Look at you and how you too will be fucked over by gas prices when you get your license.

h3x

15-05-2006 21:52:54

There's a good solution to this... Grow your own fuel.

I'm not talking about going around and collecting grease for a modified diesel engine.. I mean actually invest in a BioDiesel op in your backyard. Some hippy in Seattle did it and now he only has to pay cents to the gallon (it also requires no modification to the diesel engine.. You would only need a Diesel car... If they only made Diesel/Electric Hybirds..) ?

That or.. get ready to plunk down $100,000 for that Water Car

CoMpFrEaK

15-05-2006 21:57:56

right...

We need oil companys more then they need us.

Just think what would happen if the oil companys decided to stop oil production. The United States would basically come to a stand stil, no more aviation, cars, and other things that require oil.

burritopunk

15-05-2006 21:59:34

I get bulletins on myspace all the time for this. It wouldn't work. When people would stock up, they would be purchasing the gas at a different time, but still purchasing it. There is an interview of a gas exec. somewhere debunking this and saying not buying gas for a day won't have an effect because profits are determined daily, but rather on a weekly basis.

CoMpFrEaK

15-05-2006 22:01:17

[quoted6381929f6="burritopunk"]I get bulletins on myspace all the time for this. It wouldn't work. When people would stock up, they would be purchasing the gas at a different time, but still purchasing it. There is an interview of a gas exec. somewhere debunking this and saying not buying gas for a day won't have an effect because profits are determined daily, but rather on a weekly basis.[/quoted6381929f6]

uh, if people stock up then there would be an increase in demand, in which the prices will shoot up for that time period. In the end the difference will be negated by the spike/fall

syriandoode

15-05-2006 22:46:07

[quoteaabc41bee2="tylerc"]Look at you and how you too will be fucked over by gas prices when you get your license.[/quoteaabc41bee2]

look at the gas prices in syria and tell me that. P

darkscout

15-05-2006 22:56:27

[quoteec8b8d1e7e="h3x"]You would only need a Diesel car... If they only made Diesel/Electric Hybirds..) ?[/quoteec8b8d1e7e]

From http//forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=1317958&postcount=2

Hybrids don't offer enough improvement in efficiency when coupled to the TDI. It has and is being tested but again the diesel engine is simply proving to be very difficult to improve upon.

Hybrids improve efficiency during braking, the TDI engine when coasting already burns "0" fuel when in coast mode...No gains there.

Diesels at idle run at 1001 fuel air ratios again making idling very efficient when compared to the huge losses of an otto-cycle engine burning 14.71 at idle. Think of it this way a diesel can idle 7 times as long and burn the same amount of fuel when idling at 900 rpm. The inefficiency inherent in the gas engine makes it worth shutting off to save the wasted fuel/gasoline going out the tailpipe.

Even in stop and go driving a hybrid eventually reaches a point that the engine must continue to run. Battery packs are far from 100% efficient at capturing the power gernerated by braking also it takes energy to top of fthe huge battery packs.

Hybrids for the most part fall short of a TDI in overall efficiency. The thing most people do not notice is that hybrids (Asian cars) are mounted in lightweight vehicles where you get significant savings in required power. The TDI is a heavier car and when you compare the efficiency of going from point a to b the TDI will still win because of higher overall efficiency.

Another factor not taken into account is that when hybrids are tested, they are tested using fully topped off battery packs. As a point of comparison the TDI starts out with 0 energy and gets it's higher economy by virtue of savings at every point along the way by using the diesel cycle engine. Try a head to head competition using a hybrid and a dead/depleted battery at the onset of the test and see how it fares...

DB

last moog

16-05-2006 22:10:24

the prices wont go down unless supply goes up.

Gigante

17-05-2006 06:34:16

Check out the gas prices in other countries.

Moscow pays a dollar less.
Kuwait and Cairo pay two dollars less.
In Venezuela, gas is under a 25cents for a gallon.

Gigante

17-05-2006 06:49:29

By the way...

Only 45% of our gasoline consumption is used as motor gasoline. The rest is used for distillate fuel oil, jet fuel, residual fuel and other oils.

I think that while prices are high, we should increase the tax on gasoline. I believe that most of the tax would be absorbed by the oil supplies, which currently get approximately 59% of ever dollar spent at the pump. England has higher gas prices, $6, but 78% of that goes to taxes. That is because they have an amazing mass transit system. If gas prices rise above $5, you will see Americans looking for alternative transportation, hopefully mass. Until then, I really don't see us getting the people's support to back such a project.

Also, keep in mind that OPEC aren't the only ones with gas. While they do comprise 40% of the crude oil supply, Mexica supplies us with 1.7million barrels per day and we also receive supplies from Canada, Angola, Equatorial Guinea, Russia and China.

The thing people don't get is that if our oil was cut off today, we would have a little over 650mil barrels in our reserve, which is only a 60 day supply. In 60 days, we cannot create alternative fuel engines or a well-structured mass transit.

I know our mass transit will be much more expensive than Europe's because we are much larger, but it is something that we need to do. It is an investment in our future.

Gigante

17-05-2006 07:14:02

One last food for thought...Saudi gas prices in Saudi Arabia are regulated by the government.

good2speed

17-05-2006 07:45:39

let me guess Amir you dont have a job that you drive to every weekday morning.

How do you expect people to get to work?

Some People travel more than 60- 70 miles per day just to get to work and back. Thats like looking at a fill up every 4-5 days.

Just a dumb idea.

And I probably wouldnt join in an event proposed by you but that's secondary at this point.

change the topic to

I thought I had a good plan but now realize I dont

doylnea

17-05-2006 07:48:39

[quotee894c6c776="Gigante"]Check out the gas prices in other countries.

Moscow pays a dollar less.
Kuwait and Cairo pay two dollars less.
In Venezuela, gas is under a 25cents for a gallon.[/quotee894c6c776]

All of those countries are huge exporters of oil though and the governments are corrupted with oil money. Oh wait, so is ours.