Ipod & Lyrics

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=39238

mpj31

14-05-2006 19:26:57

Well today I was busy rating my songs on my ipod. That is my goal to have all my songs rated so I can have special playlists with all my better songs....anyway on one of my songs I had the lyrics and found a new discovery. If you press the center button 3-4 times depending on if you have album covers the lyrics for the song (if set) will show up. I think thats pretty dang cool. Just letting those know if they hadnt known.

Admin

14-05-2006 19:32:56

or you could just not put shitty music on your ipod, and then every playlist is better songs

aguy

14-05-2006 19:47:15

how can u rate ur music?

one day i might hate a song on my ipod.. the next i love it.

mpj31

14-05-2006 19:51:23

if there is no album art [or lyrics]...it is the 3rd screen when you center click on a song. Goes from volume control, to song position, to rating.

And I have a lot of entire cds on my ipod that if played in sequential order are good to listen to, or fall asleep to. I have different music for different occasions...

For Long road trips I want a lot of the 3-5 star songs. For shorter trips Ill play 4-5 stars...and if i want to be entertained ill play only 5 stars.

aguy

14-05-2006 20:03:31

no i mean how could u put a rating on a song... like.. songs get played out.. so do u re rate them?

why not just make lots of playlists so u know what type of songs are in which ipod

mpj31

14-05-2006 20:13:58

i rate them according to how i like them. I have a smart playlist that discards songs under a certain rating, and perhaps a genre. Therefore if i dont like a song it gets sent into the abyss of crappy songs. Ill fix the ratings accordingly whenever I have the chance to. If I get low on space ill end up deleting all the 1 and 2 starred songs. Its not like it has to be professionally done...just an estimate rating. When you have a LOT of songs its hard to remember every single one and which one you like and which you dont. Especially a lot of the rock songs which I dont know the titles to.

slockhart

14-05-2006 22:12:55

[quotea4e1593db1="aguy"]no i mean how could u put a rating on a song... like.. songs get played out.. so do u re rate them?

why not just make lots of playlists so u know what type of songs are in which iPod[/quotea4e1593db1]

you can rate your songs via iTunes or iPod as well.

In iTunes,click on a song and look for My Rating column

In iPod,when playing a song,click the center button for 2-3 times,it takes you to a rating screen.Use the wheel to rate the songs from 1-5 stars.
Hope this help ;)

aguy

14-05-2006 22:42:45

I KNOW HOW TO RATE THEM!

right over ur heads

Allen626

14-05-2006 22:46:22

he is saying how can you rate the value of a song. Well to answer this philisophical question on music. I rate music either a 5 or none at all. Most of my music is not rated but there is certain songs I love listening too. Hotel California is my favorite song and it is rated a 5. I also love Hey You by Pink Floyd and it is also rated a 5. But I do it for singles in albums that suck too. Such as Father of Mine by Everclear, or there Santa Monica song thoose are both rated 5 the rest I don't listen to as often and don't recognize so they are unrated.

ilanbg

15-05-2006 00:08:43

I don't rate any of my music. I have 25 GB of music on my iPod and I love it all equally, so much so that when I have the "Shuffle Music" option selected and find myself desiring to listen to a particular song/artist/album, I have trouble drawing myself from whatever song is playing, as well as whatever song begins playing after that, etc.

If the music on your iPod is rated anything below a 5, delete it and find better music to replace it with. There's certainly enough out there.

mpj31

15-05-2006 00:39:39

[quote77f92c00d4="ilanbg"]I don't rate any of my music. I have 25 GB of music on my iPod and I love it all equally, so much so that when I have the "Shuffle Music" option selected and find myself desiring to listen to a particular song/artist/album, I have trouble drawing myself from whatever song is playing, as well as whatever song begins playing after that, etc.

If the music on your iPod is rated anything below a 5, delete it and find better music to replace it with. There's certainly enough out there.[/quote77f92c00d4]

I like your thinking. However I think I may only have about 100-150 songs that are currently 5's. On some days however a 3 can be considered a 5 so I keep it.

EatChex89

15-05-2006 07:56:14

i like all my music on my iPod, the ones I really like I give 5/4 star ratings.

But usually I remember the bands/CDs/songs that I like, it's not that hard.

mpj31

15-05-2006 15:18:34

this was about lyrics not ratings, keep reminded of that