concert going annoyances

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=39125

jy3

12-05-2006 20:41:55

well, got back from a show that I brought my wife to as part of this years valentines day. not my type of music but she loved it )
every time i go to a show people just amaze me.
here are a few
1. how many times must the same person get up and make you move so they can go do whatever they need to do...
2. why leave early for an $80 show? that is insane. i have been to shows and driven home and gotten 3 hours of sleep before being at work for 27 straight hours and havent left early.
3. if you do not have a recording contract, dong sing louder than the singer.
4. if your yell sounds like a dieing owl screaching and those around u shudder when u yell...dont do it )
5. i have done my share of tailgating but is getting so blasted that u dont remember the show and dont remember puking on those in front of u needed
anyway, off to bed

burritopunk

12-05-2006 23:14:18

Crowd Surfers.

ajasax

12-05-2006 23:17:05

6. Concert-goers who don't know how to capitalize the first word of every sentence.

i blame history

13-05-2006 07:51:17

well, my boyfriend and i are unable to go to any more concerts in cincinnati (bogarts especially) because it is not smoke free. it is officially too bad. not that bogarts is the best place to see a show anyways, but if a show is all ages, its where the 14 year olds go to get lost in the crowd to smoke. last time we were there, we almost didnt make it to the end of the show. after about 5 minutes of the doors opening, it was so full of smoke that even smokers complained. it felt like regardless of how much you tried, you absolutely could not get enough oxygen into your lungs.

we have since started going to shows in columbus, which is smoke free. it is so incredibly nice.... people that want to smoke can usually go outside into a roped off area, so they are satisfied, and people who just want to see a show and actually enjoy it are happy as well.

another think, although just funny, are the scrawny little kids who are probably 12 or so who think they can push my fat ass out of the way when i have waited all day to get in the very front. yes, the people who had to be in school all day because mommy said so, and therefore they only arrived about five minutes prior, and they think that this 5'10 fat girl is actually going to be pushed out of the way by their 98 poiund bodies. not really an annoyance, but it sure is nice when shows are 18+.

jy3

13-05-2006 09:12:29

[quote4ec1742fd3="ajasax"]6. Concert-goers who don't know how to capitalize the first word of every sentence.[/quote4ec1742fd3]
ajasax, your comic expertise at age 18 is astounding. planning on going on tour? also, when you criticize someone on a grammar or spelling-related issue, make sure that you have no such errors in your post - form a complete sentence yourself. threadcrap somewhere else.

anyway, I agree that smoke at concerts is quite annoying. thankfully in NY most of the venues don't allow it.

I also agree with your statement about those who try to push their way up. this is one of the reasons why lawn seats are not an option for us anymore. dmb at spac last year was horrible due to such idiots

justinag06

13-05-2006 10:23:33

whod you see?

jy3

13-05-2006 10:33:55

dragged to see faith hill and tim mcgraw

ajasax

13-05-2006 10:39:56

[quote231f075306="jy3"][quote231f075306="ajasax"]6. Concert-goers who don't know how to capitalize the first word of every sentence.[/quote231f075306]
ajasax, your comic expertise at age 18 is astounding. planning on going on tour? also, when you criticize someone on a grammar or spelling-related issue, make sure that you have no such errors in your post - form a complete sentence yourself. threadcrap somewhere else.[/quote231f075306]
Sorry, I can't go on tour right now. C'mon....just havin' a little fun.... I [i231f075306]was[/i231f075306] gonna add my .02. I went to a RHCP concert, and of course there was lots of pot-smoking going on. The only problem I had was with the opening act (Snoop Dogg). It was retarded..."now everyone say 'Fuck the po-lice!'"

jy3

13-05-2006 10:56:07

[quote4dba9c7f2a="ajasax"][quote4dba9c7f2a="jy3"][quote4dba9c7f2a="ajasax"]6. Concert-goers who don't know how to capitalize the first word of every sentence.[/quote4dba9c7f2a]
ajasax, your comic expertise at age 18 is astounding. planning on going on tour? also, when you criticize someone on a grammar or spelling-related issue, make sure that you have no such errors in your post - form a complete sentence yourself. threadcrap somewhere else.[/quote4dba9c7f2a]
Sorry, I can't go on tour right now. C'mon....just havin' a little fun.... I [i4dba9c7f2a]was[/i4dba9c7f2a] gonna add my .02. I went to a RHCP concert, and of course there was lots of pot-smoking going on. The only problem I had was with the opening act (Snoop Dogg). It was retarded..."now everyone say 'Fuck the po-lice!'"[/quote4dba9c7f2a]

np )
antipolice sentiment is not the greatest thing in the world, i agree with that