For those with Mac's. Firefox or Safari?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=38761

lakersin2025

06-05-2006 10:45:58

Which browser do you use? It seems that Firefox may be a bit faster. Isn't there also a way to tune it up and make it even quicker? One thing I don't like about both is that if you scroll while the page is loading it stops loading until you release click on the scroll bar. Is there a way to fix that?

theysayjump

06-05-2006 10:50:59

Use two fingers to scroll downwards (on the touchpad) instead of holding in the click button and scroll down with the touchpad. Is that what you mean?

Also, I use Firefox. Mainly because of all the extensions you can get for it compared to Safari but it's pretty fast also. There's an extension called FasterFox which is supposed to speed it up but I haven't noticed a huge difference with it. shrug

n3il89

06-05-2006 11:25:07

Firefox mainly because of extensions and for example up until recently, on Mac OS X, you couldn't see Google Analytics reports in Safari but you could in Firefox

Firefox is just more universal and like theysayjump said it has all those great extensions such as greasemonkey

kwesi1

06-05-2006 15:49:46

i'm using safari,but I heard that firefox is faster, and that it has more plugins available for it.

EatChex89

06-05-2006 19:15:21

safari starts up faster, but i like to use firefox

JKirk

06-05-2006 20:06:06

I like using FireFox but it freezes alot sometimes on my Mac and I'm not sure why. Also something that really bugs me is when I'm editing a post or etc it will auto-refresh. I'm not sure if this is a feature with the new version of FireFox or what but it has really screwed me over more than a few times.

MarcHart

06-05-2006 21:18:00

i'd suggest firefox because safari kinda craps up and freezes sometimes when you visit certain sites (like some https// sites) - but i'm using panther rather than tiger, so i'm not sure how the "updated" safari performs.

n3il89

07-05-2006 08:28:26

[quote661958f6f0="JKirk"]I like using FireFox but it freezes alot sometimes on my Mac and I'm not sure why. Also something that really bugs me is when I'm editing a post or etc it will auto-refresh. I'm not sure if this is a feature with the new version of FireFox or what but it has really screwed me over more than a few times.[/quote661958f6f0]

this is most likely due to memory leaks...you should consider upgrading

as for the auto-refresh i have never heard of that...check or preferences or reinstall firefox

williebeamin2000

07-05-2006 09:20:38

[quote77d75b0d51="theysayjump"]Use two fingers to scroll downwards (on the touchpad) instead of holding in the click button and scroll down with the touchpad. Is that what you mean?

Also, I use Firefox. Mainly because of all the extensions you can get for it compared to Safari but it's pretty fast also. There's an extension called FasterFox which is supposed to speed it up but I haven't noticed a huge difference with it. shrug[/quote77d75b0d51]the two finger thing only works on macbook pros, and I use firefox, it is way faster and the tab feature is very handy.

GCY

07-05-2006 10:11:56

Firefox is def. better.

tjwor

07-05-2006 11:12:58

[quotec39debda40="williebeamin2000"][quotec39debda40="theysayjump"]Use two fingers to scroll downwards (on the touchpad) instead of holding in the click button and scroll down with the touchpad. Is that what you mean?

Also, I use Firefox. Mainly because of all the extensions you can get for it compared to Safari but it's pretty fast also. There's an extension called FasterFox which is supposed to speed it up but I haven't noticed a huge difference with it. shrug[/quotec39debda40]the two finger thing only works on macbook pros, and I use firefox, it is way faster and the tab feature is very handy.[/quotec39debda40]

The two finger thing works with all apple laptops, just not old ones...

I use safari, it also has the tab feature which is very handy, and seems to work well for what I need, only after having 20+ pages open does it freeze up, i think safari is faster than firefox... at least it seems that way when I use it...

tylerc

07-05-2006 11:43:20

FireFox works great for me.