I hate the ESRB and retards

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=38713

Allen626

05-05-2006 12:56:49

WHAT THE FUCK. Have you guys heard about the new change of Oblivion's rating from Teen to Mature? It is the exact same bull shit that went on with GTA. A THIRD PART MOD made it possible to have a nude in game character. When the coders leave in code it is a GOOD THING for modders to pick up on you DO NOT WANT them to stop. Third party mods should never ever be considered part of the game END OF STORY. Did the ESRB office even look at the situation? Did Hilary Clinton even understand it fully when she went off on the GTA situation? Next thing you know Counter-Strike will have a Adult Only rating because of custom sprays.

This is my plan. Since it is easy in most games to change textures I am going to create a third party mod for every single EA game that changes every texture in the game to gigantic pictures of nipples and other such objects of moral decay. I will then submit this mod to ESRB and Hillary Clinton. I will also post it on BitTorrent and Usenet and many other p2p sites and have the word BANNED in the file name and title. Hopefully the media will pick it up and either drop this ridiculusness or make all EA games AO, either way I win.

KeithA

05-05-2006 13:20:08

I agree with the principle, but how would targeting EA games undermine the ESRB?

PsychoAU

05-05-2006 13:24:59

GTA's thing may have had third party access, but the sex sequence was coded by the original coders. So unless EA secretly included textures of nipples in their software, your argument is absolutely fucking moronic.

doylnea

05-05-2006 13:41:40

I'm not a gamer, so forgive my ignorance...but what does it matter if the game is rated AO? Do you have to show your age when you buy the game; if so isn't that what the internet is for, getting around laws/rules? /

KeithA

05-05-2006 13:52:23

[quote962b6dae12="doylnea"]I'm not a gamer, so forgive my ignorance...but what does it matter if the game is rated AO? Do you have to show your age when you buy the game; if so isn't that what the internet is for, getting around laws/rules? /[/quote962b6dae12]

All the major retailers actually do require ID these days. They're all bowing to the pressure of Hillary and her ilk.

Like I said, I agree with the principle. I think that video games as an entertainment form are judged irrationally by legislators and the general public. I'm just not sure that this assault on EA will accomplish what you intend it to.

Allen626

05-05-2006 14:17:38

[quotef1216b46d3="PsychoAU"]GTA's thing may have had third party access, but the sex sequence was coded by the original coders. So unless EA secretly included textures of nipples in their software, your argument is absolutely fucking moronic.[/quotef1216b46d3]

Third party access is the keyword in the above quote. That means they changed code to get it to work. Regardless if the code is already in the CD or not noone could access it without running a patch. I can run a texture patch on a texture file to change code to make a huge nipple appear. I am changing code with third party access.

unknown uchiha

05-05-2006 14:20:18

Apparently, the politicians have "all the influence" these days =/

But hey it doesn't matter, you're 18 so no worries there right?