Bad News from the Counselor..

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=38656

EatChex89

04-05-2006 12:52:10

Freaking A..

so I saw my school's counselor today, and I find out that 4 classes I took for HSCR and could have been used for credits and stuff to fulfill my AA.

Sooo, that really made me bummed and pissed. Now I have to see the school VP and hope that she'll sign this form. I have to make up this big sob story about how I didn't know and how it's going to ruin my plans..

but anyway, it just sucks. I have an appointment with the VP on Monday.. Hopefully she's in a good mood and feels like putting her signature down on a piece of paper.

KeithA

04-05-2006 13:00:33

I hate that sort of bureaucratic BS.

I had a very similar situation in college. When I returned from a year in Paris, I met with the dean to confirm that my credits had transferred.

"Why didn't you activate all the college credit you had from high school?" he asked. I had no idea what he meant.

"You should have received a letter when you enrolled telling you how to activate those credits. You could have started with sophomore standing."

I asked what I had to do to "activate" those credits, which were apparently stranded in limbo somewhere.

"I just need to change this in the system--there, done!" he said.

"So what does that mean?" I asked. I was already a senior.

"Well, after you take your finals, you're done. You'll graduate in December instead of May. Congratulations!"

I saved a semester of tuition, but I was pretty upset that I didn't start with sophomore standing. After the fact I realized that I might have gotten away with a Masters in 4 years, or, at the least, would have saved a full year's tuition.

Anyway, good luck getting your forms signed. I hope you don't have to deal with the same sort of nonsense I did...

EatChex89

08-05-2006 14:22:17

awesome!

the VP was cool and let me switch over the classes, the total was $345.50 but, at least I don't have to re-take any classes

KeithA

08-05-2006 14:23:41

Congrats

bballp6699

08-05-2006 14:24:03

I would have made you retake them.