A Life Changing Rant

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=38628

OldManWrigley

03-05-2006 19:12:15

I don't care if you read it or not. I don't care if it applies to you, doesn't apply to you, or you honestly don't give a shit. If you read it and don't feel like reading it, don't. If you don't like it, then you just wasted 5 minutes of your life. Some may savor it, and really take it to heart. Others might pass it on. Others might make fun of it, and post their feelings of how stupid it is. Well that's fine. I not posting this for feedback, respect, popularaity, or whatever else you could think of. I'm posting it so you can read it, and maybe realize a thing or two about life. I've been around here for about a week, and I realize this doesn't apply to most active members, then again I don't know you all personally. It's a rant, and it [b59a6eb763c]Contains Strong Language[/color59a6eb763c][/b59a6eb763c], so "reader" discretion advised. If you don't like cursing, or feel it's just un-needed, please Click Here[=http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?p=394584#394584]Click Here

This is a fucking rant. Fuck complaining about life. That’s the bottom line of this shit. If you don’t like something in your life, then fix it. It’s not up to anybody else how you handle your life then yourself. There is absolutely no excuse as to why you would hate yourself, and leave it that way. Fuck all of that. If you don’t like the way you live, change it. Only YOU have control of what you do in YOUR life. Not your sister, friends, brother, parents, cousins…NOBODY. Don’t bottle your shit up though and keep it inside you while you live the rest of your life in depression and sorrow. Fuck that. Let your damn feelings out; express them to someone close to you. When you hear how fucked up your life sounds, and how fucked up it sounds that your bitching about it when YOU have the POWER to CHANGE it, you MIGHT realize what you have to do. You, Power, and Change. Three words to a happier you. Fuck that. Three words can’t do shit for your life, no matter how much you dwell on them. In life, words are shit. Words are nothing WITHOUT ACTION. So take some fucking action. And the fucking choices in your life are your fucking choices. Don’t sit there and complain for ninety two days how fucking sad you are about your fucking choices. YOU made the choice. Nobody except any higher power you may believe in effects the choices that YOU make in life. “Oh I fucking stole a car and now I’m in jail”. Yeah, you fucking made the choice to steal the fucking car. Don’t bitch to anyone about how fucked up your life is now that your in jail. It was ENTIRELY up to you. “Oh, I’m so upset that my life is going nowhere”. That is the classic line. Fuck that shit. Two fucking major things wrong with that sentence. It was, or it currently is, YOUR CHOICE that YOUR life is going NOWHERE. I don’t care if you’re a multimillionaire or a bum on the street. YOU can improve YOUR life. It was your choice to end up where you are, however YOU still have the POWER to change it. Fuck complaining about that shit, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. There is no reason why you should not be happy with your life. If only one damn thing in this entire shit registered in your brain, then it was worth it. If you DO NOT like something in YOUR life, YOU…YES YOU, can CHANGE it. Who’s stopping you?

-OMW

I can honestly say I've never really let anything bother me for more then a day, at most. I just put up with a lot of people who sit there and complain and complain about shit they have total control over. Sat at my computer and typed for no more then 5 minutes and produced that. Thought it'd be good if people were in the same situation as me, but couldn't quite finger the exact words to tell the person.

accept the [b59a6eb763c]consequences[/size59a6eb763c][/b59a6eb763c] of your [b59a6eb763c]choices[/size59a6eb763c][/b59a6eb763c]

Sweeney2066

03-05-2006 19:21:44

I couldn't agree more with this rant. I absoultley(sp) hate people they never do anything about there situation and except everything to get better. It doesn't. Get off your ass and fix your shit. In a year you'll look back like danm I wish I would have just brushed that off and moved on.

ilanbg

03-05-2006 19:46:07

I hate when people can't get a clue.

But then, who doesn't?

Tholek

03-05-2006 19:47:58

You made me cry, dammit.

MyungChunHa

03-05-2006 19:49:00

Yeah, I basically agree with everything you said and I myself realized this "rant" when I was about 16, I was a kid who was depressed and said to myself, what the fuck I'm I doing moping about stupid and simple shit, it's all meaningless if I want it to be, so why be mad about it, just forget it and move on to bigger better things that will make me happy....I mean, if something makes you sad, don't focus on that, focus on the good (and there is always something good) and go with that....

One other thing though, some people have it rough and can't do anything about it because of certain situations, so I just want to say that this whole thing doesn't apply to everyone one who is in a bad situation, but it does go for the majority, I'm thinking that's what you meant anyways.....

theysayjump

03-05-2006 20:03:48

I too agree with most of what you said, besides the "It was your choice to end up where you are" part.

I'm where I am today due to corrupt Doctors, the local planning commitee, the Government (INS mainly) and greedy workplace management. I did choose to come over here and shit was fine until each of the above played their part (in that order) and now shit is anything but fine.

My wife and I are thinking of moving back to Scotland so you lucky bastards may get rid of me eventually. D

Besides people bitching at you, is there something that spurred this rant?

ghondi

03-05-2006 20:04:15

Man, I completley agree with this shit. I was depressed and shit...life going nowhere etc.....one day, I was moping around my room and realized... this is some hardcore bullshit...I gotta fix this shit....

I do agree with absolut_xxxero that some people can't change due to certain "issues" por-say(sp). Like my depression, I couldn't do much about that besides take medication....which [b1a94020876]I[/b1a94020876] decided to take to fix my depression....its a chemical embalance of my brain...or some bs like that....so I had no control accept the pills... which I took action about...yadayada...

But all-in-all great rant man! IMHO if I hadn't learned this stuff myself a bit over 1 1/2 years ago this would have really helped!

Sweeney2066

03-05-2006 20:20:29

[quote5a15ce0fd9="theysayjump"]I too agree with most of what you said, besides the "It was your choice to end up where you are" part.

I'm where I am today due to corrupt Doctors, the local planning commitee, the Government (INS mainly) and greedy workplace management. I did choose to come over here and shit was fine until each of the above played their part (in that order) and now shit is anything but fine.

My wife and I are thinking of moving back to Scotland so you lucky bastards may get rid of me eventually. D

Besides people bitching at you, is there something that spurred this rant?[/quote5a15ce0fd9]

Sounds like job stuff. Please please read the book "Rich Dad Poor Dad" if you haven't already. One of the best books out there on the market for personal finance and if you want to ever stop working and retire on your own terms. Or get rich.

I good quote I read along the lines of these thread if you found yourself dug into a hole stop digging. Simply but sweet.

theysayjump

03-05-2006 20:24:59

Nothing to do with me working but my mother-in-law.

The INS is partly to do with me working because after 11 months and 7 days I still don't have my renewed work permit.

Fuckers.

ilanbg

03-05-2006 20:33:21

To actually address the post though, I agree and made the same conclusion last year.

All it takes is some fucking determination and the things that seem impossible to not only you but everyone become available. I know because I'm planning for my future now in a way that would at the very least surprise plenty of people. What seemed out of my reach before is suddenly within grasp thanks to determination and a bit o' luck.

bballp6699

03-05-2006 20:42:31

[quotefa68982ad6="theysayjump"]Nothing to do with me working but my mother-in-law.

The INS is partly to do with me working because after 11 months and 7 days I still don't have my renewed work permit.

Fuckers.[/quotefa68982ad6]

You can work with me. We have an illegal working there full time and the guy gets nothing but raises. Fuckers.

theysayjump

03-05-2006 22:18:32

That's because all you damn Americans are lazy bastards.

Everyone else wokrs harder so they(we) deserve more. shrug

Geez, it was a joke, calm down. roll

JOSHBOX

03-05-2006 22:57:16

quite a good rant i might say.

akalic

04-05-2006 00:18:02

should put this on myspace

Rewman

04-05-2006 00:35:44

I enjoyed it. Thanks, really motivated me.

OldManWrigley

04-05-2006 04:15:10

[quotef23ace236d="theysayjump"]Besides people bitching at you, is there something that spurred this rant?[/quotef23ace236d]

I was bored, and have been meaning to write something like this for a while. There's about two key people that inspired me to write this. Both of them, once or twice, saying "Oh I'm so upset that my life is going nowhere" in a few conversations. Some people need to wake up and smell the coffee.

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/smilies_mod/upload/30120edfc695fda35c07678a921cec64.gif[" alt=""/imgf23ace236d]

Veek

04-05-2006 11:25:11

[quotebe52d30be6="OldManWrigley"][quotebe52d30be6="theysayjump"]Besides people bitching at you, is there something that spurred this rant?[/quotebe52d30be6]

I was bored, and have been meaning to write something like this for a while. There's about two key people that inspired me to write this. Both of them, once or twice, saying "Oh I'm so upset that my life is going nowhere" in a few conversations. Some people need to wake up and smell the coffee.

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/smilies_mod/upload/30120edfc695fda35c07678a921cec64.gif[" alt=""/imgbe52d30be6][/quotebe52d30be6]

You don't say? [img="be52d30be6]http//forum.freeipodguide.com/smilies_mod/upload/30120edfc695fda35c07678a921cec64.gif[" alt=""/imgbe52d30be6]

good2speed

04-05-2006 12:33:16

mightve actually read it if you didn't curse so much. Kind of makes it hard to read and it feels like Im getting advice from either a HS kid or Andrew Dice Clay.

Note when trying to display intelligent conversation or meaning then please refrain from the vulgarity.

OldManWrigley

04-05-2006 12:47:23

[quote1f4ae91b42="good2speed"]mightve actually read it if you didn't curse so much. Kind of makes it hard to read and it feels like Im getting advice from either a HS kid or Andrew Dice Clay.

Note when trying to display intelligent conversation or meaning then please refrain from the vulgarity.[/quote1f4ae91b42]

Just for you....

This is a rant. Screw complaining about life. That’s the bottom line of this rant. If you don’t like something in your life, then fix it. It’s not up to anybody else how you handle your life then yourself. There is absolutely no excuse as to why you would hate yourself, and leave it that way. I mean screw that. If you don’t like the way you live, change it. Only YOU have control of what you do in YOUR life. Not your sister, friends, brother, parents, cousins…NOBODY. Don’t bottle your depression or anger with life up though and keep it inside you while you live the rest of your life in depression and sorrow. Let your damn feelings out; express them to someone close to you. When you hear how screwewd up your life sounds, and how screwed up it sounds that your complaining about it when YOU have the POWER to CHANGE it, you MIGHT realize what you have to do. You, Power, and Change. Three words to a happier you. Fuck that. Three words can’t do anything for your life, no matter how much you dwell on them. In life, words are meaningless. Words are nothing WITHOUT ACTION. So take some damn action. Also the choices in your life are YOUR choices. Don’t sit there and complain for ninety two days how sad you are about your choices. YOU made the choice. Nobody except any higher power you may believe in effects the choices that YOU make in life. “Oh I stole a car and now I’m in jail”. Yeah, you made the choice to steal the car. Don’t complain to anyone about how messed up your life is now that you're in jail. It was ENTIRELY up to you. “Oh, I’m so upset that my life is going nowhere”. That is the classic line. Two major things wrong with that sentence. It was, or it currently is, YOUR CHOICE that YOUR life is going NOWHERE. I don’t care if you’re a multimillionaire or a bum on the street. YOU can improve YOUR life. It was your choice to end up where you are, however YOU still have the POWER to change it. Don't just sit and complain about that, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. There is no reason why you should not be happy with your life. If only one damn thing in this entire shit registered in your brain, then it was worth it. If you DO NOT like something in YOUR life, YOU…YES YOU, can CHANGE it. Who’s stopping you?

Wolfeman

04-05-2006 13:46:46

[quote70f9cf00d7="theysayjump"]My wife and I are thinking of moving back to Scotland so you lucky bastards may get rid of me eventually. D[/quote70f9cf00d7]
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

EatChex89

04-05-2006 14:00:08

that's right dude.

so go talk to that girl. make some decisions and stop posting polls asking us to do it for you!!

that was pretty motivational.

theysayjump

04-05-2006 14:32:57

[quote7c35b29986="Wolfeman"][quote7c35b29986="theysayjump"]My wife and I are thinking of moving back to Scotland so you lucky bastards may get rid of me eventually. D[/quote7c35b29986]
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!![/quote7c35b29986]

8)

MyungChunHa

04-05-2006 14:49:31

[quoteb0c063f998="EatChex89"]that's right dude.

so go talk to that girl. make some decisions and stop posting polls asking us to do it for you!!

that was pretty motivational.[/quoteb0c063f998]
What the heck are you talking about? ?

unknown uchiha

04-05-2006 14:56:39

You know =P

MyungChunHa

04-05-2006 15:01:23

[quoted8892a4664="unknown uchiha"]You know =P[/quoted8892a4664]
I'm have a pretty good idea, if im right though, that guy needs some help or something, someone needs to give him a reality check....Dr.Phil maybe? OldManWrigley?

EatChex89

04-05-2006 15:46:07

[quote086d7b51bc="AbSoLuT_xXxEr0"][quote086d7b51bc="unknown uchiha"]You know =P[/quote086d7b51bc]
I'm have a pretty good idea, if im right though, that guy needs some help or something, someone needs to give him a reality check....Dr.Phil maybe? OldManWrigley?[/quote086d7b51bc]

no you're way off. go play some more poker, maybe then you'll know.

OldManWrigley

04-05-2006 16:03:22

? I don't get it ?

It seems the rant has served a purpose though.....Guess it wasn't a waste of time.

And remember....great minds must be ready not only to take opportunities, but to make them.

EatChex89

04-05-2006 16:06:06

[quotecbc9b0d089="OldManWrigley"]? I don't get it ?

It seems the rant has served a purpose though.....Guess it wasn't a waste of time.

And remember....great minds must be ready not only to take opportunities, but to make them.[/quotecbc9b0d089]

the rant did serve a purpose.

I actually didn't understand it, too many "fuck"s..

Wolfeman

04-05-2006 16:12:07

I love the "life changing" part. Welcome to The OC, FiPG Edition...

MyungChunHa

04-05-2006 16:27:47

[quoteaec5266159="EatChex89"][quoteaec5266159="AbSoLuT_xXxEr0"][quoteaec5266159="unknown uchiha"]You know =P[/quoteaec5266159]
I'm have a pretty good idea, if im right though, that guy needs some help or something, someone needs to give him a reality check....Dr.Phil maybe? OldManWrigley?[/quoteaec5266159]

no you're way off. go play some more poker, maybe then you'll know.[/quoteaec5266159]
no, I knew exactly who you were talking about, I was saying taht PNAA should try Dr.Phil or OldManWrigley because he needs some serious life-realization....

[quoteaec5266159="OldManWrigley"]? I don't get it ?

And remember....great minds must be ready not only to take opportunities, but to make them.[/quoteaec5266159]
It wasn't anything about you, I guess I should have worded better...

hehehhehe

04-05-2006 16:33:10

How old are you OldMan?

EatChex89

04-05-2006 16:56:12

[quote018535443f="AbSoLuT_xXxEr0"][quote018535443f="EatChex89"][quote018535443f="AbSoLuT_xXxEr0"][quote018535443f="unknown uchiha"]You know =P[/quote018535443f]
I'm have a pretty good idea, if im right though, that guy needs some help or something, someone needs to give him a reality check....Dr.Phil maybe? OldManWrigley?[/quote018535443f]

no you're way off. go play some more poker, maybe then you'll know.[/quote018535443f]
no, I knew exactly who you were talking about, I was saying taht PNAA should try Dr.Phil or OldManWrigley because he needs some serious life-realization....

[quote018535443f="OldManWrigley"]? I don't get it ?

And remember....great minds must be ready not only to take opportunities, but to make them.[/quote018535443f]
It wasn't anything about you, I guess I should have worded better...[/quote018535443f]

yea that PNAA character really needs some advice from this wise old man

OldManWrigley

04-05-2006 17:14:03

[quote13b62eedc0="EatChex89"][quote13b62eedc0="OldManWrigley"]? I don't get it ?

And remember....great minds must be ready not only to take opportunities, but to make them.[/quote13b62eedc0]

I actually didn't understand it, too many "fuck"s..[/quote13b62eedc0]

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?p=394584#394584

I didn't realize just how many curses there were. I'm not usually one to go off on swearing tangents....but sometimes it is called for.

MyungChunHa

04-05-2006 17:22:35

[quoteb09f683a0b="OldManWrigley"][quoteb09f683a0b="EatChex89"][quoteb09f683a0b="OldManWrigley"]? I don't get it ?

And remember....great minds must be ready not only to take opportunities, but to make them.[/quoteb09f683a0b]

I actually didn't understand it, too many "fuck"s..[/quoteb09f683a0b]

I didn't realize just how many curses there were. I'm not usually one to go off on swearing tangents....but sometimes it is called for.[/quoteb09f683a0b]
I really don't see a problem in cursing, I'm used to it for one and it adds a little bit of "umph" to the statement or "rant" in this case....

Curse words are just words and I use them when I need to, never saw anything wrong with them shrug ....

EatChex89

04-05-2006 17:24:50

[quotec528719813="AbSoLuT_xXxEr0"][quotec528719813="OldManWrigley"][quotec528719813="EatChex89"][quotec528719813="OldManWrigley"]? I don't get it ?

And remember....great minds must be ready not only to take opportunities, but to make them.[/quotec528719813]

I actually didn't understand it, too many "fuck"s..[/quotec528719813]

I didn't realize just how many curses there were. I'm not usually one to go off on swearing tangents....but sometimes it is called for.[/quotec528719813]
I really don't see a problem in cursing, I'm used to it for one and it adds a little bit of "umph" to the statement or "rant" in this case....

Curse words are just words and I use them when I need to, never saw anything wrong with them shrug ....[/quotec528719813]

yes, but do you write a paragraph where every other word is fuck?

My fucking kids fucked my fucking dog fucking when, fuck, I fucking ran fucking to fucking the fucking zoo.

lol

ajrock2000

04-05-2006 17:26:14

lol It wasn't that bad.

MyungChunHa

04-05-2006 17:36:44

[quote49809a8bdd="EatChex89"][quote49809a8bdd="AbSoLuT_xXxEr0"][quote49809a8bdd="OldManWrigley"][quote49809a8bdd="EatChex89"][quote49809a8bdd="OldManWrigley"]? I don't get it ?

And remember....great minds must be ready not only to take opportunities, but to make them.[/quote49809a8bdd]

I actually didn't understand it, too many "fuck"s..[/quote49809a8bdd]

I didn't realize just how many curses there were. I'm not usually one to go off on swearing tangents....but sometimes it is called for.[/quote49809a8bdd]

Curse words are just words and I use them when I need to, never saw anything wrong with them shrug ....[/quote49809a8bdd]

yes, but do you write a paragraph where every other word is fuck?

My fucking kids fucked my fucking dog fucking when, fuck, I fucking ran fucking to fucking the fucking zoo.

lol[/quote49809a8bdd]
Well, when you put it that way you got a point, I don't like it when people use fuck EVERY OTHER word too...

How about the word like though, I hate it when plp do that....
"Like yesterday, I was like, in the ummm, park, like riding a bike, when I like saw this really hot guy, and he like winked at me"

No lie that was a exact phrase from a girl at my school shock , I was cracking up in my head....

lakersin2025

04-05-2006 23:20:22

Can someone pleas sumarizzze this. I'm drunk and can't read thatr many lines. I saw fuck a few times and someone saif they cried so it must be good. plus its from a noob.

MyungChunHa

05-05-2006 10:32:50

[quote2a3e85ea7a="lakersin2025"]Can someone pleas sumarizzze this. I'm drunk and can't read thatr many lines. I saw fuck a few times and someone saif they cried so it must be good. plus its from a noob.[/quote2a3e85ea7a]
If you life sucks, fix it, you have the control over you life and so there is no need to bitch and whin about it, just go out and change it....

or....

If you don't like something in your life than fix it....

dmorris68

05-05-2006 10:42:13

For a "normal" person that just sometimes gets down in the dumps and feels sorry for him/herself, that's good advice. However you must be careful who you're giving it too. For someone with an undiagnosed clinical problem like depression/bi-polar disorder, mood disorders, etc. you just push them further and further over the edge with that kind of advice. Trust me, I've seen it firsthand. An irrational mind, whether due to imbalance/disorder or whatever, by definition does not think rationally, and therefore does not see the logic in a statement like that.

I just wanted to point out that it isn't that cut and dried. It's not easy for everybody to see the light, so to speak, and pull themselves up. If they are contantly in the pits and are never or rarely happy, then it's a sign of a larger problem and they need help -- professional help, not just "get over it and move on!" with a lot of expletives thrown in for good measure.

justinag06

05-05-2006 11:45:54

yup

PS This is the abosolute best forum for a rant like this.

PSS From Harry Caray no less

http/" alt=""/img228.imageshack.us/img="228/1575/caray75bb.jpg[" alt=""/img269d613aed]

¿¿OldManWriggley??^^^^^^

Wolfeman

05-05-2006 12:16:48

Its a simple question! If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?

Sweeney2066

05-05-2006 17:07:12

[quotec471aa0d27="Wolfeman"]Its a simple question! If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?[/quotec471aa0d27]
Can you put bbq on it?