This guy scammed me on ebay! He is a fucking liar!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=38329

BD2006BD

29-04-2006 11:22:25

I ordered COD2 off of ebay for $40.50 shipped. It came in the mail scratched up and it didn't work in my 360. He told me to ship it back to him the same way he shipped it to me (priority with insurance) so i said i would ship it back. I sent it back parcel post.. Who cares, I'm not paying extra because I got ripped off. Now he gets it and say that I gouged it and scratched it! NOT TRUE! I am gonna open up a dispute with paypal, I really hope they believe me. This is BS. What a dick!

bend188( 36 )
Positive Feedback 100%
Member Since May-02-02
Location MO, United States
Registered On www.ebay.com
Item Call of Duty 2 (Xbox 360) (8272578534)
This message was sent after the listing closed.
bend188 is the winner.
Got the game today. It is in horrible condition, cd scratched, case banged up, game skips. Rip off on shipping. I want my money back.

ericsplaver( 268 )
Positive Feedback 99.6%
Member Since May-14-99
Location CA, United States
Item Call of Duty 2 (Xbox 360) ( 8272578534)
ericsplaver is the seller.
Hi,
I will happily refund your money if you are sure the game skips? I never represented the disk as being 'scratch free', nor did I claim the case was in 'like new' condition. What I claimed was that the game played perfectly and it does play perfectly on my son's xbox 360. That is why I have a hard time understanding how it could skip on your xbox. I find your claim that shipping was a rip-off offensive. The game was extremely well packed and sent insured USPS Priority Mail. The cost of shipping, insurance, and packing materials was more than $6.00. I charged $7.50 so are you suggesting that the additional dollar and change you paid represented a rip-off? I personally printed the shipping label, packed the game, drove to the post office, parked, and waited in line to mail it. If anything you were undercharged for shipping. Compare what I charged you to what others charge to mail video games and I think you'll realize that your accusation is completely out of line. To get your money back, ship the game back to me in the same shape you received it. Upon receipt and confirmation that the game still works on my son;s xbox I'll reverse your bid of $33 via paypal.

Please respond in a truthful and respectful manner.

Eric

bend188( 36 )
Positive Feedback 100%
Member Since May-02-02
bend188 is the winner.
Ok I made a mistake on the rip off on shipping, I didn't see the insurance part. BUT....$33 refund...what a joke! I paid over $40 for the game and now I have to pay shipping back? Your ad was very misrepresenting. You never said anything about the game being in HORRIBLE condition. It looks like you just threw it down the stairs a couple times and let the dog play with it. Having me pay for shipping back and not even getting refunded my original shipping cost is crap. Definately do NOT expect positive feedback on this one!

bend188( 36 )
Positive Feedback 100%
Member Since May-02-02
bend188 is the winner.
Heres the deal.. refund me the full $40.50 and I will ship it back. If you do not do this, I will report you to ebay and paypal. I WILL get my money back. I can't stand it when people misrepresent things on ebay. You have one day to respond before I leave a negative feedback.

ericsplaver( 268 )
Positive Feedback 99.6%
Member Since May-14-99
- Show quoted text -
I do not appreciate being threatened. I made no misrepresentations, my listing stated ONLY that the game played perfectly and it does in my son's xbox and I suspect in yours as well. However, I am willing to refund you your money as I previously stated. I agree to incrrease the refund to $40.50 so that we each lose one-way shipping costs. I expect you to send the game back to me using exactly the same shipping method it was sent to you, that is via insured USPS Priority Shipping. You will find it costs around $6.00 as I ststed in my last message. Assuming I receive the game by April 20 and it is in the same playable condition it was when I shipped it to you I will refund you $40.50 via PayPal. Otherwise you may report whatever you like to eBay (same as Paypal.) They will have full documention and do whatever they believe appropriate. I have found them to be very helpful in the past when buyers have made similiarly baseless accusations. Particularly when a seller has gone out of their way to make an offer that is undeniably fair. If you decide to leave negative feedback that is your right but keep in mind that I will reciprocate in kind and that I have eight times as much positive feedback than you do so the percentage effect of my negative feedback for you will far exceed the percentage effect that your feedback will have on me. If, instead you realize that I am going out of my way to be decent and fair, you could forget about feedback or leave positive feedback. I will reciprocate positively if you deceide to do this. My two sons play the xbox games I merely helped them by posting the game for them on eBay. They are ten and eleven and are rough on the games. That is why I insisted that they show me that the game played perfectly. I watched them play it for forty-five minutes without a problem. Has I seen even a minor problem I never would have posted it. I hope you will think through this carefully and do the right thing. -Eric

bend188( 37 )
Positive Feedback 100%
Member Since May-02-02
bend188 is the winner.
I will be shipping the game out. Expect it in around a week.

ericsplaver( 271 )
Positive Feedback 99.6%
Member Since May-14-99
I must say that in many years of using eBay I have never before run into a member as dishonest as you. Frankly, the nastiness of your initial contact was a tip-off of the kind of person you are. Despite your rudeness and false accusations I offered to refund your money including shipping asking three simple things from you. One, that you return the game in the same condition you received it. two, that you send it back within a week, and third that you send it back using the same shipping method that I sent it to you. You did none of these. Firstly, and most outragiously you purposely gouged the disc making it unplayable and rendering it valueless. There is no question that you did this the gouges are obvious and the game does not play at all despite it playing perfectly when sent to you. Secondly, it took nearly two weeks for it to arrive (three weeks from the close of my auction) and finally you purposely ignored my request that you use the same shipping method I used (USPS Priority) instead choosing to send it USPS Parcel Post which is why it took so long to arrive. You have lost any chance of getting your money back from me since, by your deliberate destruction of the game disc you have seen to it that my son has no chance of reselling it. We would not now nor did we initially sell the game without fisrt making absolutely sure it played perfectly (as advertised in my auction.)

unknown uchiha

29-04-2006 11:31:21

Dude, he's got a point there. His feedback against yours, I must say he's got more credibility here.

And you shouldn't bitch about shipping charges, I sell crap on eBay and I know what that's like. On top of that he's probably paid over $8 in listing/selling fees.

h3x

29-04-2006 11:32:05

On second thought... I'm going to have to agree with Eric. ?

BD2006BD

29-04-2006 11:33:00

I made one little mistake about saying rip on shipping.. I forgot he added insurance. But besides that.. he is a liar. He said that I destroyed the game. Bull shit! I would never do something like that.. Look at the feedback he left me..

Destroyed merchandise then demanded a refund, nasty emails, and broken promises.

FreeOffersNow

29-04-2006 11:35:01

PayPal <3's buyers...just issue a chargeback. Also, they both have 100% feedback...he doesn't really have any leverage.

KeithA

29-04-2006 11:35:25

Even if you didn't deliberately scratch the game (and I wouldn't be surprised if you did), you handled this pretty poorly.

Edit I say poorly because it seemed like he was trying to work things out with you. If he were really intent on scamming you he wouldn't have been so cooperative early on. But when you started threatening him and calling his offers "crap," you lost even more credibility.

unknown uchiha

29-04-2006 11:35:40

You should have taken pictures as proof then. And on top of that, after he offered to refund shipping charges you didn't have to be an ass and send it parcel post.

BD2006BD

29-04-2006 11:37:27

I would of been out 8 bucks, not 3 if i would of shipped it priority. He offered to refund his shipping charges, not mine. That is bullshit. And how else would I have handled it? He shipped me a shitty game. I wish I would of taken pictures to show you how bad the game was. And IF I scratched the game why would I be making this thread about it? I am pissed! I did nothing!

PsychoAU

29-04-2006 11:40:47

Dude, you were a dick. That doesn't help anyone when trying to conduct business. Quit being such an ass to people and they might be more cooperative.

h3x

29-04-2006 11:41:37

[quote555818a29a="BD2006BD"]I would of been out 8 bucks, not 3 if i would of shipped it priority. He offered to refund his shipping charges, not mine. That is bullshit. And how else would I have handled it? He shipped me a shitty game. I wish I would of taken pictures to show you how bad the game was. And IF I scratched the game why would I be making this thread about it? I am pissed! I did nothing![/quote555818a29a]

He doesn't have to refund your shipping charges.. You have to pay close attention to the description of the product.. It didn't say it was in mint, scratch-free condition... He said that the game works and is playable in his son's xbox3. He doesn't need to say more; you just need to pay attention to the description carefully next time.

unknown uchiha

29-04-2006 11:42:17

You handled it very unprofessionally, attacking the seller and then adding insult to injury by shipping it parcel post.

Here's how I would have handled it I would have first sent out a NICE letter instead of one slobbishly written one that demanded their money back. It would have gone something like this

Hey thanks for the fast shipping, unfortunately when I received the game today it wouldn't play on my Xbox 360. Don't know what went wrong, but since it doesn't work I'ld like to ask for a refund. Please let me know how we can work things out ASAP, thanks.

Then on the reply to his refunding $33, I would have worked something out halfway.

If he said "ship it back priority" and would refund the full $40.50, I would have done so. That would have meant [bec1de76e69]no net loss for you and he was willing to take the $7.50-ish loss[/bec1de76e69]

BD2006BD

29-04-2006 11:45:07

That some bull.. the game didn't work. Why would I not be a dick. That was not the proper description. It was is shitty condition and didn't work in my xbox. He can fuck himself.

h3x

29-04-2006 11:45:55

idea You should always work out the situation in the most civil, polite way you can with the buyer/seller... Both of your reputations are on the line (especially yours if you have 100% positive feedback). If you threaten him with a negative feedback, it doesn't mean he can't do the same thing back at you.. and you both don't need that. Next time, try to be patient and pay close attention to user's feedback score (for reputability) and his description of the product... If there's something you don't understand completely in his description.. 'Ask the seller a question'.

unknown uchiha

29-04-2006 11:46:44

Uh, let's see. Because if you keep acting the way you're doing now everyone will eventually realize that you are immature and act in an unprofessional manner.

This is why I've just made a mental note not to trade with you in the future. Ugh.

EVERY trade that I've messed up in or made some mistake or such I've acted in a civil, polite manner... (Except Reggaeton's mixup situation, I kinda overreacted there ;D)

bballp6699

29-04-2006 11:46:54

You did reply kind of stupidly. I agree that this is bullshit though. I bought Scary Movie 2 for my sister on ebay for christmas. The dumbass sent me Scary Movie ONE and then wanted me to ship it back and they would refund me only for the sale. What kind of crap is that? Why should I pay to ship it back for their mistake? Why should you only get $33 back for a shitty game sent that skipped?

Always remember that the ball is in the seller's hands. You have a be a kiss ass or this will happen.

PsychoAU

29-04-2006 11:49:49

I once won an auction for some RayBan sunglasses and the dude sent me some knock offs. I wrote him a nice letter and he wasn't aware that they were knock offs so he refunded my money and told me not to worry about shipping them back. So I got some free cheap ass knock offs. )

If you are considerate of other people they will do the same. I am guessing you are a kid who never had to work with people before.

Quit crying about your game and grow up.

BD2006BD

29-04-2006 11:50:05

[quote284288453b="unknown uchiha"]Uh, let's see. Because if you keep acting the way you're doing now everyone will eventually realize that you are immature and act in an unprofessional manner.

This is why I've just made a mental note not to trade with you in the future. Ugh.

EVERY trade that I've messed up in or made some mistake or such I've acted in a civil, polite manner... (Except Reggaeton's mixup situation, I kinda overreacted there ;D)[/quote284288453b]
Ha you're funny. Comparing ebay to freeipodguide. You have no idea what your talking about...so just shut the fuck up. Trading has NOTHING to do with me getting a shitty game that doesn't work when the seller listed it as working.

Go ahead and think I handled this in a immature manner.. How would you fell if you got a shitty game sent to you in the mail? I assure that you would be pissed just like I am.

h3x

29-04-2006 11:50:35

Only thing I can say now about this situation is... Learn your lesson from all of this, and next time only bid on auctions that describe the disc's condition, rather than it's playability on his console.

unknown uchiha

29-04-2006 11:52:04

No, not really. I got a shitty ass fake Ezra Fitch jacket from eBay once. It was so bad I had the urge to just cuss the seller out. Instead I was [b7b8e520a42]polite[/b7b8e520a42], something you obviously didn't consider being, and not only convinced the seller to give me a full refund (including shipping BOTH WAYS) but none of the contact ever involved threatening one's feedback.

BD2006BD

29-04-2006 11:52:17

[quoteb0d34f5855="PsychoAU"]I once won an auction for some RayBan sunglasses and the dude sent me some knock offs. I wrote him a nice letter and he wasn't aware that they were knock offs so he refunded my money and told me not to worry about shipping them back. So I got some free cheap ass knock offs. )

If you are considerate of other people they will do the same. I am guessing you are a kid who never had to work with people before.

Quit crying about your game and grow up.[/quoteb0d34f5855]

You don't even know me. Fuck Off.

unknown uchiha

29-04-2006 11:54:13

I'm just going to ignore you right here and now. You bring your problems to us, we've pretty much told you what was on our minds, and you tell us to "fuck off" and that we don't even "know" you. [be528688020]You[/be528688020] brought your problems to [be528688020]us[/be528688020] expecting everyone to go "YEAH YOU DA MAN KICK THAT SELLERS ASS ZOMG WE'LL RIP HIM TO SHREDS LIKE PNAA AND DLF" but instead we gave an honest reply and you continue to act in an immature manner, the same way you acted to that seller.

[ue528688020]Request lock before this becomes a flame war?[/ue528688020]

crazyates

29-04-2006 11:55:13

[quote77e59da3f8="BD2006BD"][quote77e59da3f8="PsychoAU"]I once won an auction for some RayBan sunglasses and the dude sent me some knock offs. I wrote him a nice letter and he wasn't aware that they were knock offs so he refunded my money and told me not to worry about shipping them back. So I got some free cheap ass knock offs. )

Quit crying about your game and grow up.[/quote77e59da3f8]

You don't even know me. Fuck Off.[/quote77e59da3f8]

geez come down

PsychoAU

29-04-2006 11:55:32

[quotecd680905db="BD2006BD"]You don't even know me. Fuck Off.[/quotecd680905db]

Maybe not, but I am getting a pretty good idea of who you are. They should put an age requirement on the Internet... maybe you would feel better on the Spongebob forum...

ajrock2000

29-04-2006 11:56:02

[quote80ac3282e5="BD2006BD"]You don't even know me. Fuck Off.[/quote80ac3282e5]

Well based on this thread we do know you are an ass. It wouldn't surprise me at all if you did scratch the cd before sending it back.

unknown uchiha

29-04-2006 11:56:03

[quote7fed77e38a="PsychoAU"][quote7fed77e38a="BD2006BD"]You don't even know me. Fuck Off.[/quote7fed77e38a]

Maybe not, but I am getting a pretty good idea of who you are. They should put an age requirement on the Internet... maybe you would feel better on the Spongebob forum...[/quote7fed77e38a]

D +KMA

crazyates

29-04-2006 11:56:30

[quotee1d3fcc079="PsychoAU"][quotee1d3fcc079="BD2006BD"]You don't even know me. Fuck Off.[/quotee1d3fcc079]

Maybe not, but I am getting a pretty good idea of who you are. They should put an age requirement on the Internet... maybe you would feel better on the Spongebob forum...[/quotee1d3fcc079]

personally i think that was uncalled for. he's in the wrong, but you're certainly not helping

BD2006BD

29-04-2006 11:57:14

[quoted309590533="unknown uchiha"]I'm just going to ignore you right here and now. You bring your problems to us, we've pretty much told you what was on our minds, and you tell us to "fuck off" and that we don't even "know" you. [bd309590533]You[/bd309590533] brought your problems to [bd309590533]us[/bd309590533] expecting everyone to go "YEAH YOU DA MAN KICK THAT SELLERS ASS ZOMG WE'LL RIP HIM TO SHREDS LIKE PNAA AND DLF" but instead we gave an honest reply and you continue to act in an immature manner, the same way you acted to that seller.

[ud309590533]Request lock before this becomes a flame war?[/ud309590533][/quoted309590533]

I was clearly talking to psycho..not the rest of you. I thank some of you for the advice..but some people that replied were being a dick. I now know I should of never posted this here.

KeithA

29-04-2006 11:57:27

BD2006BD, nobody is calling [id6e54a292d]you[/id6e54a292d] immature or anything else negative. They're saying that [id6e54a292d]the way you handled the situation[/id6e54a292d] might not have been as effective as it could have been. Everyone agrees that it sucks that you got a scratched game.

I suggest that you take a look at this thread before you earn a temp-ban

http//www.bar-of-soap.com/bnc.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.freeipodguide.com%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D30485[]http//www.bar-of-soap.com/bnc.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.freeipodguide.com%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D30485

edit this is locked. No more antagonism.

h3x

29-04-2006 11:58:12

[quote21897df8db]No, not really. I got a shitty ass fake Ezra Fitch jacket from eBay once. It was so bad I had the urge to just cuss the seller out. Instead I was polite, something you obviously didn't consider being, and not only convinced the seller to give me a full refund (including shipping BOTH WAYS) but none of the contact ever involved threatening one's feedback.[/quote21897df8db]

[quote21897df8db]I once won an auction for some RayBan sunglasses and the dude sent me some knock offs. I wrote him a nice letter and he wasn't aware that they were knock offs so he refunded my money and told me not to worry about shipping them back. So I got some free cheap ass knock offs. Smile

Quit crying about your game and grow up.[/quote21897df8db]

Funny thing is... I've been wanting to get a fake Rolex for a while.. They are almost impossible to come across.. At least the Grade 2 is almost impossible to come across.. ?

[quote21897df8db]You don't even know me. Fuck Off.[/quote21897df8db]

You've lost my respect.

BD2006BD

29-04-2006 11:58:31

Hmmm.. how would I have an ebay account if I wasen't AT LEAST 18? That is the age requirement for ebay... Just fucking stop posting here or lock this..becasue not many people are helping here.

Wolfeman

29-04-2006 12:09:27

BD2006BD you are getting a 7 day ban for being such an enormous asshole to people. When you come back remember to play nice or it'll be a perma-ban...