HELP! how do i verify my paypal account?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=38305

crazyates

28-04-2006 19:34:23

ok i'm in the middle of a trade and it comes time for me to pay.

i've set up a paypal account, but i can't seem to verify my account.

what do i have to do? it takes me to the "add bank account" page, but i don't know what to do. how do i add my savings account onto that? why do i not know what a routing number is?

do i even need to add a bank account? can i just transfer money from my savings account to my paypal account and send it that way? i'm a little confused w/ this, so any help would be great!

x323smostwantedx

28-04-2006 19:37:30

[quotebeda9fba24="crazyates"]ok i'm in the middle of a trade and it comes time for me to pay.

i've set up a paypal account, but i can't seem to verify my account.

what do i have to do? it takes me to the "add bank account" page, but i don't know what to do. how do i add my savings account onto that? why do i not know what a routing number is?

do i even need to add a bank account? can i just transfer money from my savings account to my paypal account and send it that way? i'm a little confused w/ this, so any help would be great![/quotebeda9fba24]
You need to add your bank account. All you need is a check to get the routing number. Its quite easy

crazyates

28-04-2006 19:38:27

and how would i go about doing that?

and after i do that, when i sent money it just deducts it from my savings account, right?

crazyates

28-04-2006 20:15:30

anyone? how do i get my routing number? it's not something i can do tonight, is it?

Veek

28-04-2006 20:16:19

It's on your checks, or you can probably get it if you do online banking.

crazyates

28-04-2006 20:18:49

i don't have a checking account set up, nor do i do any of my stuff online.

i just set the account up, and then i've only been depositing money, which usually involves me taking checks down to the back a mile from my house and depositing them that way

is there any other way i can get it?

potsey2007

28-04-2006 20:37:08

Just give your bank a call and they will tell you your account number and bank routing number. Just to warn you though, if you are planning on using your savings account to make a lot of withdrawals to paypal to make payments, that probably won't work. By federal law, you can not make more than 6 withdrawals per financial statement period (usually 3 months for savings accounts) or you will get a fee for every withdrawal over 6 from your bank. I found this out the hard way with $20 in fees lol

thehacker010

28-04-2006 20:42:08

Also, it takes a few business days for Paypal to verify with your bank. Don't expect it to be instant, especially since it is the weekend now...

crazyates

29-04-2006 09:23:29

[quotefbb5113343="potsey2007"]Just give your bank a call and they will tell you your account number and bank routing number. Just to warn you though, if you are planning on using your savings account to make a lot of withdrawals to paypal to make payments, that probably won't work. By federal law, you can not make more than 6 withdrawals per financial statement period (usually 3 months for savings accounts) or you will get a fee for every withdrawal over 6 from your bank. I found this out the hard way with $20 in fees lol[/quotefbb5113343]

ok thanks. can i withdraw like $200 bucks and then divy that up between people to pay for refs? like deposite a large sum of money to my paypal account and then send smaller payments of money to pay for refs?

thanks for the tip though, i'll call them later today.

compuguru

29-04-2006 14:19:48

Yep, you can transfer as much $$$ as you have in your bank account into your PayPal account. Don't keep it in there for too long though, as PayPal can close your account and lock those funds at any time.

crazyates

29-04-2006 14:28:11

but i still have to verify my account, right? thanks for the tips guys!

i'll be dishing out karma as i can

compuguru

29-04-2006 14:30:27

Yep, you can only add funds from a Bank Account, or through other people sending you PayPal payments.