Anyone have a LG "the V" VX9800 for Verizon?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=38101

mcal44

25-04-2006 19:50:21

My roommate wants to get one of these (VX9800) because his contract is up, but the sales guy gave him a whole pitch about how much it sucked. Anyone have any experience with the phone, good bad or indifferent?

JordanE

25-04-2006 20:21:12

I have it. Personally I love it. But what dose he want it for? It has a ton of features and is great for checking email/Surfing the web (although the browser isn't to good)..etc But be shouldn't buy it hopping for a trio. More like a trio lite.

That sounds like a dumbass salesmen the V is Verizons flag ship phone and hes talking shit about it?

mcal44

25-04-2006 20:33:19

[quotef6659ab738="JordanE"]I have it. Personally I love it. But what dose he want it for? It has a ton of features and is great for checking email/Surfing the web (although the browser isn't to good)..etc But be shouldn't buy it hopping for a trio. More like a trio lite.

That sounds like a dumbass salesmen the V is Verizons flag ship phone and hes talking shit about it?[/quotef6659ab738]

He basically just wants it for text messaging - i've got a treo (not on verizon) and he says it has more features then he needs so I said the V was a good choice.

I agree about the salesmen, I don't care if you want to sell one phone more then another... that doesnt mean you tell a customer your product sucks.

JordanE

25-04-2006 20:58:32

If text messaging is the feature he wonts the most. Than the V is perfect for that in fact I prefer the keypad on the V over the trio.

It's funny though. If you go into a Verizon store and say you want a phone with some features they will immeditally try and sell you the Trio 700w and say the V is shit. But if you go into a Verizon store and ask for a basic phone they will immeditally try and sell you the V and say its the best phone ever.

Lets also not forget that you can't have a Trio or any other PDA type phone. With Verizon and not have atleast a $40/month data plan. Verizon dosen't offer a pay per kb rate so even if you don't use the data features of a trio your still paying for it. Where as on the V you still get lots of features but with obligation to a data plan. It uses WAP and has EVDO so internet is cheap (free if you want 8)) and fast. Lets face it a Trio and the V are over kill for most people.

Also if he plans on buy the phone from Verzion. Tell him to buy it from Verzion.com. Not olny are all rebates instant (instead of mail in) but you also get free fedex shipping witch is very fast sometimes even over night. But you also don't have to deal with the dumbasses in the stores.

tylerc

26-04-2006 12:04:33

You don't need a damn keypad to text message.

mcal44

26-04-2006 12:56:25

[quote18dbfcbbf1="tylerc"]You don't need a damn keypad to text message.[/quote18dbfcbbf1]

You don't need a sports car to drive fast, but some things are better at doing things then others.