Disney World

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=36885

Averagejoe1039

06-04-2006 17:11:00

I'm heading to Disney World in September, and I think it would be wise to go ahead and book my room. I want to goo ahead and gather some tips for my trip. I need the following information

-What is the best hotel to stay at?
-What is the best ticket deal?
-What is the best time to visit each park?
-Should I even stay in the resort area?

Any other information would be greatly appreciated.

I'm counting down until I see the MAGICAL Cinderella Castle!

http//www.disneyzone.net/UserPhotos/castle.jpg[" alt=""/imge4fab62525]

(Oh, and I'll go ahead and say Bienvenidos a STROLLERS! I AM HEADING TO THE STROLLER KINGDOM!)

PoPoJiJo

06-04-2006 23:34:13

fast pass is all I have to say that should be the first thing u do in the park go to the ride u really want to go on grab a fast pass and go get in line some place else I hope you enjoy the whole line thing because u'll be doing that more then anything else
oh yeah I also reccomend their new 3d movie the philharmonic or something it is the shit fuckin incredible

Averagejoe1039

07-04-2006 04:13:16

Well, we just went this Monday and the longest we waited was like 20 minutes, even for the the new ride. So, I was hoping in September it wouldn't be summer time crowded. The philllarmagic was really awesome as well as "It's Touch to be A Bug." Disney really knows how to make the shows.

h3x

07-04-2006 04:34:29

[quotef30582c7ca="PoPoJiJo"]fast pass is all I have to say that should be the first thing u do in the park go to the ride u really want to go on grab a fast pass and go get in line some place else I hope you enjoy the whole line thing because u'll be doing that more then anything else
oh yeah I also reccomend their new 3d movie the philharmonic or something it is the shit fuckin incredible[/quotef30582c7ca]

When you're waiting in line in Disneyworld, be sure to have a sneakatoke handy and a gram ready to go.. last time I was there, i brought one and time really flew waiting in the line.. if you're not the puffin type.. then bring something to amuse you while you wait in line, or just simply have a long, stretched out conversation with your fellow 'mouseketeers' while you wait.. personally, the sneakatoke helped bring creative ideas to the circle (or line) I was with. Enjoy 8)

Slayerrob

07-04-2006 08:41:52

Stay at one of the hotels in Downtown Disney (You can search for them on hotels.com or similar sites). Theyre about half the price of disney hotels, and u still get a free transport to the parks, discounted tickets, and you're in walking distance to the downtown shopping area, which is pretty sweet. If u can afford a disney hotel, stay at the Wilderness Lodge or the one in Animal Kingdom. Kinda pricey, so i recommend the Downtown Disney ones still. Really nice for the price. Enjoy!

ajasax

07-04-2006 09:09:25

I went there about 5 years ago this summer. I can't remember the place we stayed at....Coronado..Carribean?? Anyways, I think it was pretty cheap. I also highly recommend the fast pass. We planned it out by getting a couple fast passes for popular rides, going to other rides, then coming back.

One of my favorite theatre experiences was the Alien one. It was pretty freaky ) Another recommendation of course is to see the firework show at Epcot, it's pretty cool. Then again, all the shows in Disneyworld are awesome wink We could see firework displays all around us every night while we swam in the pool )

GCY

07-04-2006 09:25:14

Good thing ur not going during the summer(june,july, or aug.).....well, I bet Sept. still has many ppl. I been to Disney many times, all during the summer....freaking crowded as hell. Avg. wait for a ride is like 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. U should def. get fast pass and go wait for some other rides.
There are about 2-3 good rides in each of the 4 parks.

If u know anyone that works in Disney...then u could go for FREE!!!!! They could bring in 3 ppl per day for 6 times a year. Yea....my cousin can get us free park hopper tickets that would cost $100 per ticket.
If ur planning to visit one park per day, go around 10...and u should def. stay till 10-11 PM for the firework show.
If ur planning on getting park hopper tickets(which u can go to all 4 parks during the day) go when the park opens. I usually go to 3 parks per visit which can be so tiring and painful.

tramahound

07-04-2006 11:08:03

we always stay at the all-star hotels. they're the motel 6 of the on-property hotels, but honestly if you're going to disney how much time are you going to be spending in the room with your eyes open? it's not like they're a dump, they're nicely maintained places that don't cost so much and allow you to take the park buses from place to place. anything with a monorail stop might be convenient, but they're really expensive.
we usually go in January and avoid the crowds, but you're gambling with the possibility of rainy and cold weather.
from my understanding the park hopper pass is the best deal since you can go to all the parks as many times you want for the duration of your stay. apparently you can now get them with meals included which really helps since food is SUPER expensive in the parks and hotels.
My friend stayed off the disney property one year and it took forever to get to his hotel via cab and cost a fortune. I personally have never stayed off property as a result. it was a waste.

Averagejoe1039

07-04-2006 13:25:33

People have said it isn't that bad during the September break, so I don't know. We were thinking about the Contemporary because of the monorail. Also, we were going to go to Unviersal oslo and stay in the Portofino! I love Universal just because the parks aren't spread apart and you can walk to each of them. The line for the monorail after the fireworks show is PURE HELL! We didn't even wait that long for the rides, just the dang monorail to get to the parking lot. Never would I ever stay that late again, it was f'in miserable.

fujiapplelover

07-04-2006 16:47:08

There's a new one that just opened in Hong Kong. It's still lacking some rides right now but they're building on it.

tramahound

07-04-2006 17:13:17

didn't they have some kind of riot there?[=http//www.boingboing.net/2006/02/02/near_riot_at_sold_ou.html]some kind of riot there?

Still, That would be freaking sweet though[=http//flickr.com/photos/shanoble/114257301/in/photostream/]That would be freaking sweet though

fujiapplelover

07-04-2006 17:41:21

[quoteadb72c64aa="tramahound"]didn't they have some kind of riot there?[=http//www.boingboing.net/2006/02/02/near_riot_at_sold_ou.html]some kind of riot there?

Still, That would be freaking sweet though[=http//flickr.com/photos/shanoble/114257301/in/photostream/]That would be freaking sweet though[/quoteadb72c64aa]
Ya some guys who bought advanced tickets couldn't go in, and they climbed over the fence. If I bought advanced tickets and couldn't go in, I might climb the fence too lol.

hairyferry

07-04-2006 21:11:36

My uncle is Indiana Jones at MGM, he used to be able to hook me up with free passes but now Disney doesn't give them out much. I'm goin to Orlando in a few months. Does anyone know a good place to get like a 3 day hopper pass? I'm lookin at some on ebay but I'm not too sure about that. Those passes are freakin expensive!!

MichaelD23

07-04-2006 21:45:56

im poor so I cant help you out, sorry

Averagejoe1039

08-04-2006 06:02:05

Don't ever buy tickets off eBay. Bad idea. You don't know if they are going to work or not. Buy them at the park, at the ticket gate, A 3 day hopper is only like 150 bucks. Pretty good deal in my opinion. You could always get a season pass for like 200 bucks more. That's what I plan on doing.