Ayo.... Sooo... Resume!!!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=36338

afro_wolff

29-03-2006 17:35:37

Hey guys... My boss, as of today, just made a shift supervisor position open to us employees as long as we turn in a resume and two letters of recommendation by tomorow. AHHH....I'm 19, live on campus, and have no experience with resumes....

I'll ask a question here and there and i'd love ya'll if you could help out...

First question... Is this to cheezey for an "Objective"

[i7917c66525]To assist my employer in the supervision of operations, while increasing my responsibilities to prove an asset to the establishment.[/i7917c66525]

Also.. When it comes to "Skills" should i list everything...or only skills that may apply to this job... Im guessing only things that apply but what kind of skills would i list for this section. Would the whole people skills, ability to work under stress, etc... fit this section... (worded differently of course)??

afro_wolff

29-03-2006 18:06:01

Hey guys... Someone at least respond to this question...

On your resume do you list ALLLLLLL past jobs or just most recent??

good2speed

29-03-2006 18:14:46

what will you be doing?

have any experience doing it?

No, then lie? Always works for me.

And yes list all relevant job experiences even make some up if you dont have any.

afro_wolff

29-03-2006 18:16:34

Haha. The position is "Student Supervisor." I have no experience. I've worked for this company for the last year. I guess the "relevant" part answers my previous question cuz the jobs i were think'n of had nothin to do with supervision. Thanx man!!

shopaholic

30-03-2006 22:08:29

I've done several resumes but they were always teacher-related or so...

IMO, the objective sounds too long and kind of unclear. You should write an objective thats concise and gets to the point. For example, mine would just straight out be "obtain mathematics teaching position at the secondary level". I don't go into anything about helping my supervisor and helping my students etc etc.

Don't lie about your experiences... it might get you in trouble later. If you actually do a real interview, they may ask you detailed questions about it.

For skills, usually you should only list the skills you have that are relevant to the job. No reason to list that you work at McDonald's unless you feel that it shows you've had interactions with customers, etc. It's up to you. Also, if I were you, I would like some computer-related skills.. if relevant. If you are wanting to be a supervisor, I suppose you should think of situations in which proves you can be such a leader... did you ever volunteer to run any programs, etc? they all count.

If you do a search for resume online, you'll find quite a few helpful resources. There are sample resumes for "no experience" also. Another thing you may want to look at is a cover letter. Usually when a resume isn't so great, a cover letter makes up for it.

Good Luck.

afro_wolff

31-03-2006 05:42:02

Got ya... Thanx to you all.... GOT THE JOB!!!!

Jake

31-03-2006 06:11:51

Congrats! )

shopaholic

31-03-2006 11:54:40

congrats!! I'm happy for you! Now, you have something even better to put on your resume for the next position!