question about cell phones/camera phones

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=35719

i blame history

21-03-2006 18:56:36

well, i am obviously an old fart, because i believe cell phones are simply for making phone calls. i have a regular phone and i do not like teh idea of text messaging. however, it is time to either upgrade my phone, or my dad, who still pays for my service, may just switch from cingular to verizon (his decision, i really dont care)... and i just had a question about camera phones.

many times i find myself out and about and i see something interesting that could warrant a picture being taken of it, however, i never have my camera with me. i figure that a simple camera phone would suit my needs, however, i do not know hot to get the pictures off the phone once i would take them. what i want to ask is this as i have no idea how it works, is there any way to get the photos on to your computer without paying? i would not want to pay extra for text messaging or internet service on the phone plan. does it usually cost extra to upload them to the internet, or is there a way to simply transfer them to your computer?

im trying to look for information on my own, and i am finding nothing. all i see are 10 cent text messages, which i have no use for at all, and web access, which i do not want to use, would never use, and would not want to pay for. i simply want to use my phone to make calls and take pictures, and i am wondering if anyone can fill me in on the process of getting the pictures from the phone to the computer, basically.

help would be very appreciated!