I got my 360 but it is the core system

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=35429

Vector

17-03-2006 10:33:54

WTF? i was expecting my xbox 360 for a while now, and it turns out that instead of the premium with all the stuff, they send me the core system with call of duty, an extra WIRED controller and a memory card... wtf?

other than that, the core system is not chrome and doesnt look as cool! where do you think i can switch it in for a core?

my digi cam is broke but i can take pics with my web cam

J4320

17-03-2006 10:35:12

And where did this 360 come from?

Vector

17-03-2006 10:37:27

from the fusionfree sites, but that site is closed down now. i cant send it back but they included that extra stuff, maybe they couldnt get a premium? what should i do? can i exchange this stuff for a premium? if so where can i find one of those? this is making me frusterated

CollidgeGraduit

17-03-2006 10:44:34

Just go out and buy the rest of what you need.

i blame history

17-03-2006 10:47:09

well, my guess is they could only get a core system, so they tried to make up for it by adding stuff. the game and controller are what, $85 total? i dont know about the memory unit.

when i eventually get mine, i only want wired controllers. i wish you had the option to get a wired one in the first plave. wireless things need batteries and charging... i prefer to just play and not worry about it. my wireless mouse is enough hassle for me!

tramahound

17-03-2006 11:02:02

I finally got my giftcards so I have $500 ready to buy the 360 with so I've stopped by best buy twice this week. today they had exactly one core system and that's it. I am not buying a core system. how bad is it that this thing has been out for four months and you still can't go and buy one?

justinag06

17-03-2006 11:16:25

I'd be pissed if I got a regular one with wired controllers.

just send me the cash let me find the premium on my own.

hopefully you didn't open any of it, i'd try walmart they will take back anything. although a 360 might be hard to return seeing as they probably never get any, and it would be easy to track.

ebay?

Vector

17-03-2006 11:32:34

it is all still closed
and here is the pricing

CORE SYSTEM 299.99

GAME 59.99

controller 39.99

memory unit 34.99

total $435

So... if i buy the stuff to make it a core, it would cost a shitload, its 99 dollars JUST for the hard drive! I think ia m just going to give the core system and pay 100 bucks for the regular... i would like to keep one of the controllers that are wired because it can connect to the PC and that is one reason its so popular i am a big PC gamer. and the game, its cool... thememory card i dont know about, maybe i should return that too... but none of it is opened, it is all shipped through UPS so there are a few dents and bruises on the box, no biggie.

justinag06

17-03-2006 12:15:40

do the wired controllers even work with the premiums?

my friend told me that regular xbox controllers don't work with the premiums because there is no place to plug them in. It seems to me like you either sell all that shit and get the premium or keep it.

No need for a memory card when you have a 20GB hard drive

Vector

17-03-2006 12:18:09

Well, you might want to move the memory card around to your friend house, you know.... it is more portable.

But i know what you mean, i will try to return that too...

I am pretty sure that the premium can have controllers with wires too, i will ask my friend, he has oen.

HumanMan

17-03-2006 12:27:19

May want to keep the memory card because you can get bonus stuff from the kiosks at like best buy and walmart. I think there are extra cars for some games and extra skins (or whatever they are called) for the dashboard.

Vector

17-03-2006 13:25:54

that would be pretty cool... i guess

ragefu

17-03-2006 13:27:23

Sounds like you have everything you need, unless wireless controllers are a really big deal to you. You'll probably want the hard drive, but you should be able to trade in the game and accessories for that if you wanted. But I would just keep all the stuff and buy the hard drive when you have some extra cash

Stroid

17-03-2006 13:35:14

you can plug in wired controllers in the premium and the system you have is just as good it's just not wireless just add a hardrive and be done with it

Vector

17-03-2006 14:42:45

add a hard drive that costs $99 and be done with it when i can just exchange the core for a premium for $99 and get chrome plated, hard drive, wires, and a headset for the same thing? no way! D