A token of my appreciation for the FiPG.com community!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=35180

warreng

13-03-2006 14:46:28

Good afternoon FiPG.com! )

My name is Warren, and I am an active user in the FiPG.com forums/community. I have been extremely impressed with the resources found here, both in the trading assistance and the expert advice from other "freebie masters".

I run a website (www.TheAverageGeek.com[]www.TheAverageGeek.com) that has been generating a fair amount of traffic and is quite popular. As a token of my appreciation to the excellent community on FiPG.com, I am offering you a valuable opportunity. If you are willing to make a contribution to my site, I will give you space to advertise your freebie referral link!

All you have to do is this
1) Sign up as a new member at www.TheAverageGeek.com[]www.TheAverageGeek.com
2) Browse the site/forums to get acquanited with what kind of content would fit well
3) Make some posts in the forum (minimum 5)
4) Decide on a topic to write about and submit it
(Login, then on the left sidebar click "Submit Article" and type away!)
5) PM me on FiPG.com (warreng) and/or TAG.com (Robyn) informing me of your article/news item. Make sure to include your FiPG.com/TAG.com usernames so I can verify posts, etc.
6) Once I approve your submission, I will contact you (at your email specified on TAG.com) and we'll figure out which spot you'd like and your ref link, etc.
7) You will be provided with a login/password and instructions on how to monitor the success of your ref link (view how many clicks)

Here are the conditions/specifics of the deal
- You must make a minimum of five (5) posts in the forum.
- Articles submitted must be on a topic that fits with the overall theme of the site, for example tech, PC, console, freebie, projects, electronics, and so on.
- I reserve the right to deny any post/submission that contains (but not limited to) any of the following Excessive typos/spelling errors, more than minor profanity, images/content inappropriate for younger audiences, huge images/media/files, etc.
- Your link will be allowed to stay online for at least 24hrs. If your content is especially amazing, I may leave it longer...
- Your link may be changed any time you want, just contact me.
- You will not be eligible to receive any TR or anything like that, as I am not affiliated with the admins of FiPG.com.
- I am not selling/guaranteeing you lianyli ref's/greens. In my (and my friends') experience, it has been a successful and valuable advertisement.

I know these rules sound quite strict, but I'm really just covering my butt! ;) I'm always willing to deal, just ask! For some details on the traffic that my site generates
- Since January 2006, I have had over 1500 unique (based on IP/day) visitors!
- TAG.com is listed in the top 10 (usually 1st or 2nd) search results on MSN/Google, depending on the keywords.
- I've had hundreds of clicks on my ref links, and received quite a few (10+) greens, in the past couple weeks.
- The forum is quite busy with several hundred posts and 15+ members who are regularily active.

A special thanks goes out to the FiPG.com mods/admin who have reviewed and approved my proposal. Again, I wish to emphasize that I am simply a member on these forums, TheAverageGeek.com is in no way associated with FreeIpodGuide.com, and therefore you will not receive any TR credit for successful trades through your TAG.com links.

So if you are looking for a cheap and easy way to get your ref link out to the world and hopefully be closer to your freebie, please check out my site!

WarrenG - FiPG.com
Robyn - TAG.com

Wolfeman

13-03-2006 14:58:30

You run this by Admin before you posted?

KeithA

13-03-2006 14:59:32

[quote9919acf5e7="Wolfeman"]You run this by Admin before you posted?[/quote9919acf5e7]

He ran it by me.

Admin

13-03-2006 14:59:56

nope

warreng

13-03-2006 15:00:05

I PM'd KeithA, and he said it would be fine under this topic. Thanks for checking!

Wolfeman

13-03-2006 15:00:29

[quote6f5806630e="KeithA"][quote6f5806630e="Wolfeman"]You run this by Admin before you posted?[/quote6f5806630e]

He ran it by me.[/quote6f5806630e]
Good enough for me )

Admin

13-03-2006 15:02:47

keep in mind that if you contribute to the blog on fipg or make a donation you get the same deal, except
- if you donate, the process is automated, you dont need to PM anyone
- even if you dont, once i give you a code for your link its all automated
- 468446 unique hits since 8/29/05
- 2nd on google for 'free ipod'

Stroid

13-03-2006 15:11:24

[quote37911b75dd="Admin"]keep in mind that if you contribute to the blog on fipg or make a donation you get the same deal, except
- 2nd on google for 'free iPod'[/quote37911b75dd] i think thats a better deal sorry warreng but i think its kinda messed up for you to try to take donations that would be coming to this site i would have locked this thread

EatChex89

13-03-2006 15:54:24

well if i donate to anyone, it'll be to FiPG first...

warreng

13-03-2006 15:55:43

Hey, I'm not trying to steal any contributions from FiPG.com. I had originally discussed this offer with KeithA, and I explained that my exact details for what contributors would have to provide was not yet finalized. He said he would discuss it with the others in the management team.

Today he replied informing me I had the green light, and to post it in the Off Topic section. I was thinking that not everyone likes to write or has that sort of creative ability (too much like school!) so I'd provide the alternative of a small PayPal donation.

I did not realize that this was quite similar to the service that FiPG.com already offers (I just noticed it after I finished making this new thread), so I apologize. I've edited out any reference to donating via PayPal as a requirement for the offer.

Anyways, just a misunderstanding that is now hopefully corrected. Please feel welcome to come visit my site!

halfbreed

13-03-2006 16:07:14

A token of my appreciation lol. How does having others ref links on your site help fipg..jw

warreng

13-03-2006 16:11:43

Well, I think it does, because in my experience, trying to find a place to post your link can cost quite a bit. So, for a limited time, I'm offering a "free" way to get your link posted!

halfbreed

13-03-2006 16:42:48

I haven't scanned your site, but do you have a link to fipg in general?

JordanE

13-03-2006 16:54:02

Actually as long as his site gets good traffic (over 4,000 hits aday) think i would rether advertise with him over FiPG. Mainly becouse most people here wont sign up for a site when they see an ad when they know they can get an easy $30 in the trading forum. Where as the traffic on his site knows very little to nothing about freebie sites and may be alittle more willing than members of FiPG.

-Jordan

Berky34

13-03-2006 17:25:01

[quote33af2c61fa="JordanE"]Actually as long as his site gets good traffic (over 4,000 hits aday) think i would rether advertise with him over FiPG. Mainly becouse most people here wont sign up for a site when they see an ad when they know they can get an easy $30 in the trading forum. Where as the traffic on his site knows very little to nothing about freebie sites and may be alittle more willing than members of FiPG.

-Jordan[/quote33af2c61fa]
Actually I think most people new to this stuff wouldn't join the forums. I didn't and I doubt that most people that come here do. Most probably haven't even clicked the forums. I just donated 20 to FiPG for being such a great site.

warreng

13-03-2006 18:04:26

[quotecef67a60da="halfbreed"]I haven't scanned your site, but do you have a link to fipg in general?[/quotecef67a60da]

No, actually I don't... hmmm... oops

MyungChunHa

13-03-2006 18:27:37

[quote937f6cd300="Admin"]keep in mind that if you contribute to the blog on fipg or make a donation you get the same deal, except
- 2nd on google for 'free iPod'[/quote937f6cd300]
How long does it stay up if you donate?

Admin

13-03-2006 19:39:44

24 hours

warreng

14-03-2006 14:47:31

Well, I've had a few FiPG.com users come and visit my site, and they have given me some encouraging comments! So again, please come take a look around... )
www.TheAverageGeek.com

Godrockdj

14-03-2006 15:12:21

[quote47b3f2fac2="warreng"]Well, I've had a few FiPG.com users come and visit my site, and they have given me some encouraging comments! So again, please come take a look around... )
www.TheAverageGeek.com[/quote47b3f2fac2]

Well, for some constructive comments I like the layout of your site. It is smoothly designed and the colors are sleek. The article buttons/avatars look very good. Having the freestuff links scroll in the box works well too.

warreng

14-03-2006 16:00:24

Thanks! Yeah, I specifically designed the scrolling buttons with FiPG.com in mind.

J4320

14-03-2006 16:04:20

I don't really like the banner but that's just me.

warreng

14-03-2006 16:40:54

Yeah, it needs work... but I'm lazy )