30 gig video ipod...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=34720

mpj31

07-03-2006 01:03:57

Well I have the black video ipod and this has been annyoing me...

I've been trying to rate all of my songs, this way I have a nice top rated playlist. Anyway when I play a song and press center click 3-4 times to rate it...sometimes it gets stuck on the rating interface, however after a little time (the normal time it would take to get back to normal interface of the timebar) I try to increase the rating and instead it blasts the volume and hurts my ears. I have to press menu button about 10 times for it to reset.

Anyway does anyone else have the problem of the rating interface getting stuck on their ipod.

P.S. Is there anyway to change the names of the smart playlists? such as 90's music.

justinag06

07-03-2006 07:09:07

dunno about the rating of the songs.

i think you can do it all in itunes though, and you should also be able to change the names of the smart playlists their too.

if not you can always copy a playlist and give it a new name

ajasax

07-03-2006 08:05:02

One cool feature I just found the other day while listening to music on the iPod. While the song's playing, press the center click button a couple times and it cycles through a large pic of the album art and then shows some dots. You can then use the clickwheel to change the rating on that song.

liEdit Nvm, it looks like this^ is what it's freezing on. That's not the "Menu" button it's the center click button.

As for your problem with freezing, etc. This seems to happen a lot on iPod firmware. Sometimes I have to the Menu button before holding the play button to turn it off shrug Another idea (and what I do) is to create a playlist called "Top Rock" or "Top Pop" and put in as many of your most favorite songs in there. It's probably easier than rating each individual song.

mpj31

07-03-2006 13:00:58

yea sorry about that...I rate my music while on the bus sort of for fun. It just makes it easier in the end, I have more control on what I like and what I dont like because I can edit the smart playlist and go from 4 stars and up to 5 stars without deleting each and every song. To try to reproduce this make sure you have the latest firmware. Then press the center button while a song is playing 2-3 times (depending on if you have album art or not). Well now, as I try it, its not doing it, however maybe its when the battery is low or its not plugged into the computer. Well anyway it is annoying.