Busted for Weed

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=34013

stoogepid

27-02-2006 11:32:05

http//leenks.com/gallery445-all.htm

megotcash

27-02-2006 11:33:10

dangit, filtered by my school's server. what is it about?

EatChex89

27-02-2006 11:38:47

that's tight.

aguy

27-02-2006 11:40:30

[quoted4bdda2a97="megotcash"]dangit, filtered by my school's server. what is it about?[/quoted4bdda2a97]

its about race cars

megotcash

27-02-2006 12:00:00

haha, i guess i will wait and read it when i get home...

Veek

27-02-2006 12:02:10

Not a huge fan of weed or people who "show off" because they smoke weed, but I have to admit that this is really sneaky and so cleverly good.

EatChex89

27-02-2006 12:03:57

[quotefc3855a3ef="Veek"]Not a huge fan of weed or people who "show off" because they smoke weed, but I have to admit that this is really sneaky and so cleverly good.[/quotefc3855a3ef]

i know. crazy how all that weed is in that house. makes you wonder what your neighbors might be up to... http//www.liggitt.net/images/shifty.gif[" alt=""/imgfc3855a3ef]

KyleRaker

27-02-2006 12:10:12

I did like the secret rock hatch escape.

pokernerdaa

27-02-2006 12:36:10

[quote6a06ea8673="Veek"]Not a huge fan of weed or people who "show off" because they smoke weed, but I have to admit that this is really sneaky and so cleverly good.[/quote6a06ea8673]

couldn't agree more, i get ticked when people smoke or drink just to be cool, or when they talk about it in school or somewhere and you can tell they're just talking about it to kind of brag they've done it. roll ughh so annoying. anyway that's a shitload of weed they were growing

EatChex89

27-02-2006 12:46:24

[quote0334a3ed19="PokerNerdAA"][quote0334a3ed19="Veek"]Not a huge fan of weed or people who "show off" because they smoke weed, but I have to admit that this is really sneaky and so cleverly good.[/quote0334a3ed19]

couldn't agree more, i get ticked when people smoke or drink just to be cool, or when they talk about it in school or somewhere and you can tell they're just talking about it to kind of brag they've done it. roll ughh so annoying. anyway that's a shitload of weed they were growing[/quote0334a3ed19]

you're back...

good2speed

27-02-2006 12:48:38

A little too much bud there for personal usage I'd say. Looks like a real large scale operation. Must have a lot of people working growing those plants. Really elaborate setup. Sad people look at weed and see business/money. I can understand the young gun who is in hs or early college selling grams and such just to get a few dollars in his pocket but grown men profiting from weed is pathetic. Get a fuckin real job. Selling weed does not count regardless of how much money you make. I have friends who sell me 1/8's or 1/4's out of their stash but they dont do it for pure profit since they have real jobs.

ilanbg

27-02-2006 12:54:31

[quotee62e3e1837="good2speed"]A little too much bud there for personal usage I'd say. Looks like a real large scale operation. Must have a lot of people working growing those plants. Really elaborate setup. Sad people look at weed and see business/money. I can understand the young gun who is in hs or early college selling grams and such just to get a few dollars in his pocket but grown men profiting from weed is pathetic. Get a fuckin real job. Selling weed does not count regardless of how much money you make. I have friends who sell me 1/8's or 1/4's out of their stash but they dont do it for pure profit since they have real jobs.[/quotee62e3e1837]

The high school/college kids couldn't sell their grams without these guys; don't be a hypocrite.

good2speed

27-02-2006 12:57:09

[quotebbbb5e5868="ilanbg"][quotebbbb5e5868="good2speed"]A little too much bud there for personal usage I'd say. Looks like a real large scale operation. Must have a lot of people working growing those plants. Really elaborate setup. Sad people look at weed and see business/money. I can understand the young gun who is in hs or early college selling grams and such just to get a few dollars in his pocket but grown men profiting from weed is pathetic. Get a fuckin real job. Selling weed does not count regardless of how much money you make. I have friends who sell me 1/8's or 1/4's out of their stash but they dont do it for pure profit since they have real jobs.[/quotebbbb5e5868]

The high school/college kids couldn't sell their grams without these guys; don't be a hypocrite.[/quotebbbb5e5868]

note I never said I condone hs/college kids selling drugs. Rather I stated that I understand why they might do it.

EatChex89

27-02-2006 12:57:22

that's a shit load of weed, it sucks for those guys.

kevxross

27-02-2006 12:57:28

[quote7b3a592e49="ilanbg"][quote7b3a592e49="good2speed"]A little too much bud there for personal usage I'd say. Looks like a real large scale operation. Must have a lot of people working growing those plants. Really elaborate setup. Sad people look at weed and see business/money. I can understand the young gun who is in hs or early college selling grams and such just to get a few dollars in his pocket but grown men profiting from weed is pathetic. Get a fuckin real job. Selling weed does not count regardless of how much money you make. I have friends who sell me 1/8's or 1/4's out of their stash but they dont do it for pure profit since they have real jobs.[/quote7b3a592e49]

The high school/college kids couldn't sell their grams without these guys; don't be a hypocrite.[/quote7b3a592e49]

I had pretty much the same thing typed out, including the fact that he wouldn't be able to get his precious 1/8's or 1/4's, but just backed out of the thread when I remembered it was good2speed I'd be responding to. Have fun ilan lol

MyungChunHa

27-02-2006 12:59:20

[quoteab5b3878b7="good2speed"]A little too much bud there for personal usage I'd say. Looks like a real large scale operation. Must have a lot of people working growing those plants. Really elaborate setup. Sad people look at weed and see business/money. I can understand the young gun who is in hs or early college selling grams and such just to get a few dollars in his pocket but grown men profiting from weed is pathetic. Get a fuckin real job. Selling weed does not count regardless of how much money you make. I have friends who sell me 1/8's or 1/4's out of their stash but they dont do it for pure profit since they have real jobs.[/quoteab5b3878b7]
you got a point man, looking at it as a business is kinda pathetic, its more so the complete opposite....but then again, if you see millions of dollars coming in, you really can't complain wink ...

good2speed

27-02-2006 13:08:57

[quotec13ae0614f="AbSoLuT_xXxEr0"]
you got a point man, looking at it as a business is kinda pathetic, its more so the complete opposite....but then again, if you see millions of dollars coming in, you really can't complain wink ...[/quotec13ae0614f]

Making a mil off weed is pretty hard work for an individual. You'd need lawyers to help you launder that money. Youd need to pay staff ( growers and your street runners. By the time you pay everyone off I highly doubt youd be in the mil range from selling weed. Maybe close buts its an awful lot of work for an occupation with so many hassles. Is this guy paying off cops? Is the property where he grows in his name? Do rival gangs/mafia know of his operation and want him wiped off? If cops don't get paid does he sleep well at night knowing this whole operation can be shut down tomorrow? Does he think about jail? does he think about having felony convictions on his record so that once hes realeased from jail there will be very little legitamite finacial opportunities available to him?

[quotec13ae0614f="kevxross"]
I had pretty much the same thing typed out, but just backed out of the thread when I remembered it was good2speed I'd be responding to. Have fun ilan lol[/quotec13ae0614f]

should comment but then it would be like responding to Terry Schiavo.

Averagejoe1039

27-02-2006 13:15:26

I think weed or any drug is horrible. Why hurt your body like that? Why drink alcohol either? I'm sure water or coke taste just as great as a martini )

bruman

27-02-2006 13:18:41

how does weed hurt your body

also, why 'hurt' your body be eating sugar, junk food, chips, high- fat, meats, etc?

good2speed

27-02-2006 13:23:37

[quote14b948d740="bruman"]how does weed hurt your body

also, why 'hurt' your body be eating sugar, junk food, chips, high- fat, meats, etc?[/quote14b948d740]

or sun tanning, moto-xcross, walking through coals of fire, fasting, or climbing mount everest.

Some people just need an escape from reality from time to time. Look at all the recent marijuana and liqour posts. I dont think either of these habits are totally destructive if used moderately.

Sweeney2066

27-02-2006 13:24:42

[quoted0937f44fc="Averagejoe1039"]I think weed or any drug is horrible. Why hurt your body like that? Why drink alcohol either? I'm sure water or coke taste just as great as a martini )[/quoted0937f44fc]
Just leave.

MyungChunHa

27-02-2006 13:26:53

[quote777264d82e="bruman"]how does weed hurt your body

also, why 'hurt' your body be eating sugar, junk food, chips, high- fat, meats, etc?[/quote777264d82e]
exactly, its really not as bad for you as its made out to be....its just like a treat every now and then, just like sugar, junk food, etc.....sure its not good for you, but how many things do you do that is good for you....sure as hell isn't sitting on the computer writing on this forum....thats your entertainment and weed is entertainment for others....

anyways...you got a point again good2speed but i was talking hypothetically, as in the ones growing that much really do have a huge operation, they do have everything that you were talking about....the entire point from me is that some people do make mils off of it and so it would seem like a risk that lots of people are willing to take.....just like its hard to make mils of of basketball but some people do and so others try shrug ....

johnjimjones

27-02-2006 13:29:15

DAMN that alotta weed[/sizef7acf9f4b9] and vault door too

fashionjunkee

27-02-2006 13:32:41

[quote10cb8d757c="bruman"]how does weed hurt your body

also, why 'hurt' your body be eating sugar, junk food, chips, high- fat, meats, etc?[/quote10cb8d757c]
Cuz it tastes good. On my way to McDonalds now. 8)

good2speed

27-02-2006 13:37:42

[quoteaa8ada42e5="AbSoLuT_xXxEr0"]
anyways...you got a point again good2speed but i was talking hypothetically, as in the ones growing that much really do have a huge operation, they do have everything that you were talking about....the entire point from me is that some people do make mils off of it and so it would seem like a risk that lots of people are willing to take.....just like its hard to make mils of of basketball but some people do and so others try shrug ....[/quoteaa8ada42e5]

lilililililiNot trying to argue with you since we appear to be on the same wavelength mor or less.....lililililili

well at least with basketball once you make it you dont have to worry about jail or being murdered. Well except if you refuse to mature and identify with thug life. Or if you have sex with white women in Colorado but thats another topic. Or if you do too much coc before you even play a game( Len Bias --- but thats not even muder). Or if you shoot your limo driver ( Jason Williams) Those are isolated incidents however. For the most part bball players are well respected by the community. Dont have to hide their business( maybe some sexual encounters with mistressess) and can sleep well at night. Well unless they have a nagging injury or are really compettive and cant stop thinking about a game or a play. Hell even players like Latrell Sprewell can choke their manager and continue to make millions of dollars even if it might not be enough to feed their kids. Well I digress since I'm way off topic and a bit rantish.

stoogepid

27-02-2006 13:39:50

[quote718a420bac="good2speed"][quote718a420bac="AbSoLuT_xXxEr0"]
you got a point man, looking at it as a business is kinda pathetic, its more so the complete opposite....but then again, if you see millions of dollars coming in, you really can't complain wink ...[/quote718a420bac]

Making a mil off weed is pretty hard work for an individual. You'd need lawyers to help you launder that money. Youd need to pay staff ( growers and your street runners. By the time you pay everyone off I highly doubt youd be in the mil range from selling weed. Maybe close buts its an awful lot of work for an occupation with so many hassles. Is this guy paying off cops? Is the property where he grows in his name? Do rival gangs/mafia know of his operation and want him wiped off? If cops don't get paid does he sleep well at night knowing this whole operation can be shut down tomorrow? Does he think about jail? does he think about having felony convictions on his record so that once hes realeased from jail there will be very little legitamite finacial opportunities available to him?

[quote718a420bac="kevxross"]
I had pretty much the same thing typed out, but just backed out of the thread when I remembered it was good2speed I'd be responding to. Have fun ilan lol[/quote718a420bac]

should comment but then it would be like responding to Terry Schiavo.[/quote718a420bac]

Obviously you have a lot of experience with weed good2speed. Can we just enjoy the pictures? +Kma? lol

Averagejoe1039

27-02-2006 13:43:33

Well, I sure know Weed is addicting, unlike climbing Mt. Everest, or fast-food.

aguy

27-02-2006 13:45:46

[quotec1abb2f5af="Averagejoe1039"]I think weed or any drug is horrible. Why hurt your body like that? Why drink alcohol either? I'm sure water or coke taste just as great as a martini )[/quotec1abb2f5af]

im sure it does

but does water get you fucked up?

no

good2speed

27-02-2006 13:46:07

[quotebec32ac6c2="Averagejoe1039"]Well, I sure know Weed is addicting, unlike climbing Mt. Everest, or fast-food.[/quotebec32ac6c2]

man your 24 you should know weed is not addictive.

[quotebec32ac6c2="stoogepid"]
Obviously you have a lot of experience with weed good2speed. Can we just enjoy the pictures? +Kma? lol[/quotebec32ac6c2]

weed really didnt look all that great. No up close pics of the buds. Just go to some weed forum if you want too look at bud.

bruman

27-02-2006 13:46:13

weed isn't addicting.. not like cigarrettes that have actual chemicals in it to make you addicted (nicotine). I'd say fast food is probably more addicting than weed

pokernerdaa

27-02-2006 13:46:16

[quote4f3bd13619="Averagejoe1039"]Well, I sure know Weed is addicting, unlike climbing Mt. Everest, or fast-food.[/quote4f3bd13619]

true...although i think i'm addicted to mcdonalds happy meal

Averagejoe1039

27-02-2006 13:47:12

Well, why would you want to risk getting put in jail?

MyungChunHa

27-02-2006 13:47:13

[quotece3041859f="Averagejoe1039"]Well, I sure know Weed is addicting, unlike climbing Mt. Everest, or fast-food.[/quotece3041859f]
actually thats a lie too....name one addictive chemical in pot and give me a reputable site that says so.....its not addicting at all except to weak-minded people who get psychologically addicted to it....much like people getting psychologically addicted to food....

fashionjunkee

27-02-2006 13:48:21

Youre right fast food can be addiciting. The only reason I am "addicted" to it is because one, I'ma broke college stupid and its cheap. Two, its very quick and three, it tastes good.

Averagejoe1039

27-02-2006 13:48:41

Have a little lookie-loo at that place right there. http//www.drug-rehab.com/marijuana-addiction.htm[]http//www.drug-rehab.com/marijuana-addiction.htm

bruman

27-02-2006 13:53:24

sure it says long-term marijuana users may find it addicting, and that can interfere with school, work, home, etc..

but that could be said about anything.. what exactly is an addiction?

You could be addicted to freebie sites the same way.. and judging by your post count and TR you probably are

bruman

27-02-2006 13:57:38

another good example is the internet..

the internet isnt a drug.. but it can definetely be addicting and interfere with school, home and work can't it?

Averagejoe1039

27-02-2006 13:57:58

Is Freebie Sites endangering me? Could I get arrested for my actions? And I'm not overweight, I have an actual life outside freebie sites. It can ruin your whole life as a young person. Stealing money from people so you can buy some weed. Risking being arrested by the police, and having that on your criminal record for your whole life. You could spend 3-5 years in jail for that shit. It's just not worth it to me. There are better things in life than Marijauana. Why waste your time on it?

bruman

27-02-2006 14:01:08

im not saying selling it is ethical.. but using it in moderation is fine (its just the pot-heads that get high everyday that give it a bad name)

Also.. its legal in a couple US states as well.. and Canada.. and lots of other places

mrwzk

27-02-2006 14:05:41

u can get addicted to anything, there are people who are addicted to newspaper and save every single newspaper article they recieve just incase tehre is something they need to reference back to later in time.

there is nothin in newspaper that makes it addicting, its a random thing but it proves u can be addicted to anything.

good2speed

27-02-2006 14:07:03

[quotefe0a2778fe="Averagejoe1039"]Have a little lookie-loo at that place right there. http//www.drug-rehab.com/marijuana-addiction.htm[]http//www.drug-rehab.com/marijuana-addiction.htm[/quotefe0a2778fe]

without even reading through the link I see that its for a drug rehab place.

Why not make smokers believe that the drug is addictive and the only way they can get help is through rehabiliation.

Since your making me elaborate my views I will.

Marijuana can be psychologically addictive. The user may only feel joy when he's high. Obviously this isnt the case for all users. Marijuana to the user may be a sociable thing to do while with friednds.

Now what do I consider an addiction

How about doing coc, crack, meth, or heroin just to get by during the day. Like you cant go with out it. Your body will break down and will need the drug. This is a sad addiction where a user may not be able to function normal activities without being high ( ie at work or finding a job)

Mari has none of these effects. In fact I've never had to smoke weed just to get by at work. In fact I haven't smoked since last night. Although getting home and sparking up a bowl may be desirable, I've yet to show any uneasiness in my personality or my body shutting down. In fact I appreciate the time at work and then enjoy the time at home much more. I have co workers who I suspect of massive cocaine use. Going to the bathrooom a whole lot and sniffing excessively while rapid talking aboput bs. Thats an addiction. Weed is not.

I think we need a new classification for addiction.

Just because someone desires something deosnt make it an addiction. There has to be a physical dependence on it relating to an addiction.

People like sex are they addicts?

No they get pleasure from the act and can function normally without it for a period of time. Well there are some freaks out there but hopefully you get my point.

People who like burgers/steaks are they addicts?

Id say no again. In fact not eating would make there bodies healthier. And Ive never seen someone break down physically from not eating burgers.

Bush claims were addicted to oil

No were not addicted. Its just a something we use very often. Like we couldnt go to work/ school or keep our lifestyle without the means of gas. In fact were reliant on gas not addicted. Poor choice of words from el presidente but what do you expect

good2speed

27-02-2006 14:11:56

[quotefe07ddb3f4="Averagejoe1039"]Is Freebie Sites endangering me? Could I get arrested for my actions? And I'm not overweight, I have an actual life outside freebie sites. It can ruin your whole life as a young person. Stealing money from people so you can buy some weed. Risking being arrested by the police, and having that on your criminal record for your whole life. You could spend 3-5 years in jail for that shit. It's just not worth it to me. There are better things in life than Marijauana. Why waste your time on it?[/quotefe07ddb3f4]

sorry for double post ..

your not going to jail for 3 years for buying anything less than an ounce. In fact if ytou have a good lawyer you might get the case dropped pretty easily. Learn your laws.

Averagejoe1039

27-02-2006 14:18:35

Is it worth paying for that lawyer?

good2speed

27-02-2006 14:23:52

[quoteb99cf74de7="Averagejoe1039"]Is it worth paying for that lawyer?[/quoteb99cf74de7]

It's never worth it paying for a lawyer. Your obviously paying a lot of money and if its for a criminal case and they're good they own you since your life is on trial.

But is it worth paying future medical costs for caucasians sun bathing all day.

nextlevel

27-02-2006 14:39:57

2 much of anything makes you an addict.

mrwzk

27-02-2006 14:45:19

my freind got arrested for posseion of a bunch of stuff on school grounds, his charges got dropped because it took more than the time allowed for his case to go through.

EatChex89

27-02-2006 14:46:03

yea.. weed isn't addicting.

and yea potheads ruin it for everyone. The only time I'm going to use it is when I only have one night to hang with my friends and I want it to last for awhile.

Special occasions. Not just whenever I feel like it.

Thus, I'm not addicted.

Although, I do think that if it is made legal, it should be limited by laws like alcohol, or cigarettes. Which means that people my age shouldn't do it. 18 and older is good.

good2speed

27-02-2006 14:52:05

be cool how they decide to regulate it if it does become legal.

Cant wait for the first accident blamed on over smoking after legalization.

Are cops gonna be rolling around with a BMC reader - Blood Mari Content

Is the excuse of I only had 1 drink start changing to

officer it was just one bong hit I swear.

Have sobriety tests.

Conduct laugh tests

Do stupid things no one would laugh if they were sober but laugh incesstantly while high

MyungChunHa

27-02-2006 19:59:02

good2speed, couldn't have said anything you put down better man....thx for filling in this averagejoe character for me while i was at work man.....anyways, a quick two cents....

weed can put you in jail, but it shouldn't....its no more harmful than cigarettes IMO, actually cigarettes are more harmful for you because of their physical addiction, sure pot contains much more tar, but there's a little invention called a vaporizer....plus as long as you are smart with it and do it in a safe way/environment, then you will never harm anyone else nor get in trouble for it....

Sweeney2066

27-02-2006 20:16:50

[quote8e71fed95a="Averagejoe1039"]Is Freebie Sites endangering me? Could I get arrested for my actions? And I'm not overweight, I have an actual life outside freebie sites. It can ruin your whole life as a young person. Stealing money from people so you can buy some weed. Risking being arrested by the police, and having that on your criminal record for your whole life. You could spend 3-5 years in jail for that shit. It's just not worth it to me. There are better things in life than Marijauana. Why waste your time on it?[/quote8e71fed95a]

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/smilies_mod/upload/0acc3e12e7be8769bac6af50a5088718.gif[" alt=""/img8e71fed95a]

Nimh

27-02-2006 20:18:44

[quotef2c5b8b525="Averagejoe1039"]Is Freebie Sites endangering me? Could I get arrested for my actions? And I'm not overweight, I have an actual life outside freebie sites. It can ruin your whole life as a young person. Stealing money from people so you can buy some weed. Risking being arrested by the police, and having that on your criminal record for your whole life. You could spend 3-5 years in jail for that shit. It's just not worth it to me. There are better things in life than Marijauana. Why waste your time on it?[/quotef2c5b8b525]

Which why it should be legalized. The main reason people don't do it is because of the legal consequences, not necessarily because of any ill effects of the drug itself.

nytrate

27-02-2006 20:28:30

[quotee9ec46f471="good2speed"]be cool how they decide to regulate it if it does become legal.
Have sobriety tests.

Conduct laugh tests

Do stupid things no one would laugh if they were sober but laugh incesstantly while high[/quotee9ec46f471]

Well...I guess you've never smoked pot, because that wouldn't work. Most people can act sober while high, ESPECIALLY in front a cop. Ever hear of a "buzzkill"? Yea that's what it does, kil your buzz.

Pot isn't a big deal and this grow op is so sick.

When it comes down to it, we put a lot of bad things in our bodies. I'd say pot is less harmful than alcohol. Stoners don't go home and beat their wives, they go home and eat cheetos. Stoners wouldn't spend their last buck in the world on weed, alcoholics would absolutely spend it on booze.

kdollar

27-02-2006 21:39:20

not in the arguement dont feel like it, but that guys house was bad ass.....what if they thought it was weed and he had like an underground beanie baby or electric eel operation going on, cops would feel stupid then.

wonder how he got busted, is there a story to this??

Veek

27-02-2006 21:44:48

[quote49c1deff15="nytrate"][quote49c1deff15="good2speed"]be cool how they decide to regulate it if it does become legal.
Have sobriety tests.

Conduct laugh tests

Do stupid things no one would laugh if they were sober but laugh incesstantly while high[/quote49c1deff15]

Well...I guess you've never smoked pot, because that wouldn't work. Most people can act sober while high, ESPECIALLY in front a cop. Ever hear of a "buzzkill"? Yea that's what it does, kil your buzz.

Pot isn't a big deal and this grow op is so sick.

When it comes down to it, we put a lot of bad things in our bodies. I'd say pot is less harmful than alcohol. Stoners don't go home and beat their wives, they go home and eat cheetos. Stoners wouldn't spend their last buck in the world on weed, alcoholics would absolutely spend it on booze.[/quote49c1deff15]

I've witnessed this first hand from other people so I can personally say that your statement is 100% false.

hairyferry

27-02-2006 22:29:04

lol, that's crazy. There was a house here that was raided one time because people could smell it on the road coming from the house! They had hundreds of plants growing in the attic.

kt006

28-02-2006 05:03:47

I think the people who rent out our basement are growing pot. Either that or they're potheads because it just reeks of weed down there.

nytrate

28-02-2006 05:53:29

[quote5be6525969="Veek"]
I've witnessed this first hand from other people so I can personally say that your statement is 100% false.[/quote5be6525969]

LOL. Yea maybe with like teenagers that never got high before.

Half the people I know smoke on a regular basis, you can't usually tell. Not like they're tripping or something.

Most of the time people force themselves to act goofy, acting how they think it should be

Brok3n_Sword

28-02-2006 06:04:15

[quoted7c695637a="nytrate"][quoted7c695637a="Veek"]
I've witnessed this first hand from other people so I can personally say that your statement is 100% false.[/quoted7c695637a]

LOL. Yea maybe with like teenagers that never got high before.

Half the people I know smoke on a regular basis, you can't usually tell. Not like they're tripping or something.

Most of the time people force themselves to act goofy, acting how they think it should be[/quoted7c695637a]

Veek may be right, if it was their first few times getting high. I know at least the first 5 times I did it, I really couldn't control myself, no matter how hard I tried.

Jake

28-02-2006 07:10:16

[quotecc81d9bd6c="bruman"]
Also.. its legal in a couple US states as well.. and Canada.. and lots of other places[/quotecc81d9bd6c]

Just to dispell the urban legend.

It is not 'legal' in Canada. It is unofficially tolerated by the authorities in most major Canadian cities. You can still get arrested and charged for possession anywhere in Canada if the cop you encounter is not having a good day.

Even in Holland, its not 'legal.' It's just tolerated. The cafes bring in tourists so the industry is allowed to continue operating for that reason.

nytrate

28-02-2006 07:17:10

Yea wasn't that pot-growing mesageboard shut down? overgrowing or overgrow or something

I remember reading the servers were in Canada but the police seized the servers (which I guess had logs of active commercial grow ops). How dumb do you have to be to grow pot and then post pictures of it on the internet.

Maybe Canada is getting fed up. Vancouver is ridiculous though, if you trip and fall in most parts of vancouver you'd land on an ounce.

MightyMouse

28-02-2006 07:25:14

[quote91dce59b18="Veek"][quote91dce59b18="nytrate"]When it comes down to it, we put a lot of bad things in our bodies. I'd say pot is less harmful than alcohol. Stoners don't go home and beat their wives, they go home and eat cheetos. Stoners wouldn't spend their last buck in the world on weed, alcoholics would absolutely spend it on booze.[/quote91dce59b18]

I've witnessed this first hand from other people so I can personally say that your statement is 100% false.[/quote91dce59b18]

Witnessed what? People clawing at the door trying to spend their last $15 on a gram of weed?

I've never seen that.

Jake

28-02-2006 07:43:18

[quoteed1a726405="nytrate"]Yea wasn't that pot-growing mesageboard shut down? overgrowing or overgrow or something

I remember reading the servers were in Canada but the police seized the servers (which I guess had logs of active commercial grow ops). How dumb do you have to be to grow pot and then post pictures of it on the internet.

Maybe Canada is getting fed up. Vancouver is ridiculous though, if you trip and fall in most parts of vancouver you'd land on an ounce.[/quoteed1a726405]

Well, Canada is tolerant, like I said. On a small scale, the authorities just let it be because they don't feel its a problem. Of course, large scale operations are still taken down because of the status of the substance in question....

But the substance is NOT legal in Canada as many people seem to think.

I just wanted to make that clear.

cyberpunk243

28-02-2006 08:12:35

haha that place is awesome. Not because of the weed really, just because it is such a planned out operation.

Veek

28-02-2006 08:37:41

[quotece9f7322ee="MightyMouse"][quotece9f7322ee="Veek"][quotece9f7322ee="nytrate"]When it comes down to it, we put a lot of bad things in our bodies. I'd say pot is less harmful than alcohol. Stoners don't go home and beat their wives, they go home and eat cheetos. Stoners wouldn't spend their last buck in the world on weed, alcoholics would absolutely spend it on booze.[/quotece9f7322ee]

I've witnessed this first hand from other people so I can personally say that your statement is 100% false.[/quotece9f7322ee]

Witnessed what? People clawing at the door trying to spend their last $15 on a gram of weed?

I've never seen that.[/quotece9f7322ee]

I congratulate you. roll

And yes, I've had a friend in the past so was so into smoking weed that he wouldn't even buy anything else but weed. You should have seen what he looked like.

Jake

28-02-2006 08:58:40

[quote723cd3e569="Veek"]
And yes, I've had a friend in the past so was so into smoking weed that he wouldn't even buy anything else but weed. You should have seen what he looked like.[/quote723cd3e569]

Well, he is/was undoubtedly a minority of those who consume.

I have never met someone who was as desperate for their bud as a meth addict would be for their crank.

Veek

28-02-2006 09:18:14

[quote20aea4a71e="Jake"][quote20aea4a71e="Veek"]
And yes, I've had a friend in the past so was so into smoking weed that he wouldn't even buy anything else but weed. You should have seen what he looked like.[/quote20aea4a71e]

I have never met someone who was as desperate for their bud as a meth addict would be for their crank.[/quote20aea4a71e]

Same here. I don't know what he is, nor care, but that's how he is/was. I'm not sure anymore as I don't see him very much.

good2speed

28-02-2006 10:00:39

[quote77377db49c="Jake"][quote77377db49c="Veek"]
And yes, I've had a friend in the past so was so into smoking weed that he wouldn't even buy anything else but weed. You should have seen what he looked like.[/quote77377db49c]

I have never met someone who was as desperate for their bud as a meth addict would be for their crank.[/quote77377db49c]

Lol. Either have I.

Would be hilarious though to see a pothead all strung out like a meth addict.

I'd have to slap em a few times. What the hell is wrong with you.

The only side effects of weed are

intense appetite
may laugh too hard
may cause some short term memory loss . ( what was I talking about again?)
slight paranoia - might be NYtrate reason for sobering up. Getting pulled over while high does suck. I could have no weed on me and have done nothing wrong and I'd still be a little nervous. I actually got pulled over recently in Ohio by a state officer while high. Had a 1/2 in the trunk. Think I tried to convince the cop that I slowed down before he could radar me. Cop thought that was slightly funny and just wrote me a ticket and let me on my way. Car must've reeked.
intense fatigue
red eyes

I also recall a kid from hs who got so high he called the cops on himself and told them he was too high. My friend is the one who sold him his shit and was nervous as helll that the kid was gonnna rat him out.

FreeOffersNow

28-02-2006 10:20:41

[quote31ee97ff1c="good2speed"]Making a mil off weed is pretty hard work for an individual. You'd need lawyers to help you launder that money. Youd need to pay staff ( growers and your street runners. By the time you pay everyone off I highly doubt youd be in the mil range from selling weed. Maybe close buts its an awful lot of work for an occupation with so many hassles. Is this guy paying off cops? Is the property where he grows in his name? Do rival gangs/mafia know of his operation and want him wiped off? If cops don't get paid does he sleep well at night knowing this whole operation can be shut down tomorrow? Does he think about jail? does he think about having felony convictions on his record so that once hes realeased from jail there will be very little legitamite finacial opportunities available to him?[/quote31ee97ff1c]

You don't necessarily need lawyers to launder it...bankers and a good network of corporate soldiers will do. I do pay staff, I am paying off cops, and the property is in my name. Rival gangs/mafia know and fear my operation. I don't think about jail, nor do I think about the consequences of my actions. Nonetheless...how did these people get pictures of my shit? Guess I'm gonna have to do some "housecleaning" with "my little friend" later.

)

good2speed

28-02-2006 10:26:00

[quote47154a36e9="FreeOffersNow"][quote47154a36e9="good2speed"]Making a mil off weed is pretty hard work for an individual. You'd need lawyers to help you launder that money. Youd need to pay staff ( growers and your street runners. By the time you pay everyone off I highly doubt youd be in the mil range from selling weed. Maybe close buts its an awful lot of work for an occupation with so many hassles. Is this guy paying off cops? Is the property where he grows in his name? Do rival gangs/mafia know of his operation and want him wiped off? If cops don't get paid does he sleep well at night knowing this whole operation can be shut down tomorrow? Does he think about jail? does he think about having felony convictions on his record so that once hes realeased from jail there will be very little legitamite finacial opportunities available to him?[/quote47154a36e9]

You don't necessarily need lawyers to launder it...bankers and a good network of corporate soldiers will do. I do pay staff, I am paying off cops, and the property is in my name. Rival gangs/mafia know and fear my operation. I don't think about jail, nor do I think about the consequences of my actions. Nonetheless...how did these people get pictures of my shit? Guess I'm gonna have to do some "housecleaning" with "my little friend" later.

)[/quote47154a36e9]

Go easy on em Tony.... ermmm I mean Mr. Montana
)

PS ... wasn't me

chillywilly

01-03-2006 10:57:29

I'm with most here... weed is not addictive, in a physical form. From a mental view, almost anything can be addictive... food, water, sleep, cell phone use, exercise, freebie sites, video games, soda...etc.

Seeing those pics makes me wonder why we don't legalize pot. It was legal up until 1937 in this country and the best way to combat underground operations like this is to legalize it. I know a lot of people may disagree, but if it's regulated (not by the tobacco or pharmacutical companies) and taxed, that money can go to better uses, other than our government wasting tax dollars looking for these kinds of operations.

I'm still against using and driving (same with alcohol or any other drug). Responsible and recreational use I have no issues with.

Allen626

01-03-2006 11:07:10

Why are we even discussing this? Whoever thinks that weed is addictive is a fucking moron if they have done any research at all on it. Think before you post. Way to go. Making me even more cynical about our society. I am moving to tibet.

chillywilly

01-03-2006 11:18:43

Agreed, allen.

BTW, cool quote in your sig.