To all PSP owners I have a few questions.

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=33338

song

18-02-2006 19:20:36

Hello I recently got a PSP and it has firmware 2.50. I have seen all these cool things the PSP can do but Sony is trying to not allow these things it seems. Anyways I want to know how can I play stuff such as Mario on my PSP. Do i need to buy a memory stick or anything? All i have is the psp value pack. I thought it was supposed to include a demo disk but I have nothing to test out the psp on. I want to play some oldies like mario and street fighter and stuff through these homebrew apps.

Was wondering how and what I need to play PSP homebrew stuff and what games I can get.

Also I am going on vacation this friday and would love to take the psp with me. Was wondering what games are the best and have the longest replayability. I know fighting games do good in this area and last awhile.

If i get a 2gig memory stick pro duo can I hook it up to my pc and upload some anime on it and watch some anime? Would I have to convert it and how would i convert it to play the file? Also is it possible to rip a dvd onto the PSP and watch it?

CollidgeGraduit

18-02-2006 19:29:34

Before others flame you, I advise you do some googling and article-reading.

Iloveipods2

18-02-2006 19:29:45

you need a psp 1.5 firmware to run ISOs(images of the game)

you can't downgrade from 2.5

you can only run homebrew and other neat stuff(use psp as universal remote)

but all this requires atleast a 512 memory stick and GTA liberty city for anything 2.5 and above.

check psp-hacks.com

unknown uchiha

18-02-2006 20:56:26

liBreathe deepli

Remember your stress-relief classes... ><

Okay. You have 2.50, which means you CANNOT run standard homebrew.

Note that I said standard homebrew. This includes OSS (Open-Source Shells), ISOs, PMP Video Player, etc. [b1daa451c04]<-- this part edited[/b1daa451c04]

But fear not, Fanjita has come through with an eBoot Loader for 2.0, 2.01, 2.5, and 2.6.

2.01+ require a copy of GTA since it has to run through its save game exploit, then you have to follow the instructions found in the README files that the homebrew comes with in order to figure out how to run it through the eBoot loader.

NOTE A good chunk of homebrew will NOT run on the eBoot loader. You've best checking Fanjita.org to find out which homebrew software does and does not work with the 2.01+ eBoot Loader.

As for converting the anime

You need PSP Video 9.

Or you can goto PSPCrazy.com and register for the forums, rack up fifty NON-SPAM posts, and then gain access to its extensive downloads section which includes movies, anime, TV shows, ISOs (1.5 only), and much more all in PSP-ready format.

Hope this helps. And please do some Google-ing next time =)

tramahound

19-02-2006 13:14:30

I got my free psp and it's version 2.50 also. I am going to ask my friend if we can trade since he has a 1.50 version and doesn't use it, least of all for 'homebrew.'
and yes places like pspupdates are helpful.

Vector

19-02-2006 14:05:37

you are just going to have to wait for them to bring out some 2.5 stuff D

Th3Great1

19-02-2006 14:11:38

u can play homebrew on 2.5 but u need gta and you cant play isos...and the homebrew library is somewhat limited..

tramahound

19-02-2006 14:17:48

that's what I meant, the GOOD homebrew ;)

Vector

19-02-2006 14:19:25

Right now I have a 1.5 psp with a 1 gb memory stick with 4 games on it, with the 0.8c iso emulator and a few albums. In the drive I have GTA so I carry around my 32 mb stick when I go for long trips so if I do upgrade to 2.0 with the UMD then I can downgrade with the files on the 32 mb memory stick. I dont do it often but it is easy and it works, and I have 5 games onmy psp -D

tramahound

19-02-2006 14:22:56

ah, perfect set-up. sweet.

unknown uchiha

19-02-2006 19:32:06

Very nice, but I would just stick with 2.00 and the SXT pack which allows you to run 2.5+ games on 2.00 once I got bored of the ISOs instead of reflashing the RAM over and over again.

Iloveipods2

19-02-2006 19:51:47

[quote4409fd8dfa="unknown uchiha"]Very nice, but I would just stick with 2.00 and the SXT pack which allows you to run 2.5+ games on 2.00 once I got bored of the ISOs instead of reflashing the RAM over and over again.[/quote4409fd8dfa]

what's the SXT pack? i googled it and can't find what it exactly is, it seems to be a hacking group? where did you get it, i can't find it on any forums.

seems there are three teams working on custom firmware. only problem is you can only get it if your psp is 1.0(actual 1.0) and this can only be done from a psp 1.5

Vector

20-02-2006 08:29:51

Most games dont REQUIRE 2.5, at least not yet. But yea, it kind of hurts each time I downgrade, lol.... but when everything is back to normal, my heartbeats return to normal -P

unknown uchiha

20-02-2006 13:22:37

EDIT
I am terribly sorry, I got my development teams wrong. It's actually called PSP SetX, made by Team Emergency and NOT SonyX-Team, my apologies.

http//www.pspcrazy.com/index.php?page=Story&id=127

From the readme.txt

With the safest downgrade function ever!!!
Just select downgrade, go to the PSP menu afterwards and start the 1.5 update!

Other features include

Change Gameboot
- Change Gameboot = copies the Gameboot.pmf from ms0/Gameboot.pmf into the flash
- Backup Gameboot = copies the Gameboot.pmf from the flash into ms0/Gameboot.pmf
- Restore original Gameboot = Restores the old gameboot.pmf
Firmware Tweaks
- Set Version 1.00 - 2.5 = Sets your PSP Version to 2.5. You can now also play games which require 2.5
Change X-O-Buttons
Before using this please restore factory settings
- Set X as enter (US / EU) = now X = enter at the psp menu
- Set = as Enter (jp) = now O = enter at the psp menu
Stuck Pixel Cleaner
- Start cleaning = takes about 20 minutes

And as for the custom firmware, yeah I'd love to run those but I don't have a virgin 1.00/1.50. Until then, I'm dying to run the Open-Source Shells again but I can't since I retardedly upgraded to 2.50... =(