LOST: "One of Them" - Spoilers

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=33111

mnx12

15-02-2006 20:42:29

Wow, what an episode. Sayid is back to his old torturing ways, and Im pretty convinced that this guy really is an "other". Wow, I thought it was so cool how the timer ran out, and the red hieroglyphics, I just wish he wouldve let it happen and not put the numbers in...discuss.

slease

15-02-2006 21:11:51

Much better episode than the last 5-6. Not sure what all to say here except that I can't wait for the next episode, it also looks great.

jMuss

15-02-2006 21:45:46

Definetly one of the better episodes of season 2. Why do we have to wait another 2 weeks? For sure the guy was an "other". Anybody pickup on if that US soldier was looking at a picture of a young Kate? Looked like it to me.

Wolfeman

15-02-2006 23:53:46

This episode rocked. Do you think Balloon Man is an other? I think he is for sure and was sent to spy and/or tear rifts in the group. The hieroglyphics were intriguing...

justinag06

16-02-2006 00:01:15

I think we won't know for a while, untill something bad happens one way or the other

I think Jack and Locke are squaring up for a showdown though

slease

16-02-2006 05:05:27

oh yea, still no michael. they better be planning something big with him.

Sweeney2066

16-02-2006 09:14:11

I wonder what the hieroglyphs actually meant...

good2speed

16-02-2006 09:34:00

I just want to know why Saddam let Sayid back into the guard after he tortured his commanding officer. I wouldve thought that wouldve led to his death or him leaving Iraq. How did Saddam not know Sayid tortured the dude. From an Iraqi perspective thats selling out to the highest degree and hed be killed execution style.

jy3

18-02-2006 09:50:25

[quote5dd538b642="good2speed"]I just want to know why Saddam let Sayid back into the guard after he tortured his commanding officer. I wouldve thought that wouldve led to his death or him leaving Iraq. How did Saddam not know Sayid tortured the dude. From an Iraqi perspective thats selling out to the highest degree and hed be killed execution style.[/quote5dd538b642]

did he actually get back into the guard? I dont think we have seen anything b etween when they left him in the desert on the road that shows he was back in the guard
also, view the symbols after the countdown here
http//www.lostdiscussion.com/viewtopic.php?t=212

good2speed

18-02-2006 13:27:53

[quotedf5ac948bb="jy3"][quotedf5ac948bb="good2speed"]I just want to know why Saddam let Sayid back into the guard after he tortured his commanding officer. I wouldve thought that wouldve led to his death or him leaving Iraq. How did Saddam not know Sayid tortured the dude. From an Iraqi perspective thats selling out to the highest degree and hed be killed execution style.[/quotedf5ac948bb]

did he actually get back into the guard? I dont think we have seen anything b etween when they left him in the desert on the road that shows he was back in the guard
also, view the symbols after the countdown here
http//www.lostdiscussion.com/viewtopic.php?t=212[/quotedf5ac948bb]

I love Tivo.

Just watched the end of the last episode. Basically when Sayid is set free by the Americans they explain to him that the war is over, that there not going to Baghdad, and that Saddam will remain in power.

In fact the quote was "your man Saddam gets to stay in power which means you in all likelihood will remain as his employee.... Guess it's lucky you have a new skill set to use."

which Sayid replies " What you made me no human being should be made to do to another."

So its apparent that in the show they were showing how Sayid became a torturer. Thus implying the Americans mad him into that torturer. Its apparent from the episode as well when Sayid tells Charlie he doesnt feel bad for the dude he beat up. The flashbacks just revisit how he became that person.

Also at the end the Army dude replies to Sayid (in arabic I assume)

" one of these days you will need to know something and know you know how to get that"

which Sayid replies that he will never do that again.

jMuss

18-02-2006 13:39:26

Couple things
The baloon guy says he met his wife at the University of Minnesota. Isnt that where the scientists that built the facility came from?
Was that army guy at the end that spoke Arabic the guy from the video standing in the window?

Peinecone

18-02-2006 13:41:07

Here is a very interesting (but far out there) theory. A good read.

http//www.4815162342.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7712

jMuss

18-02-2006 14:13:04

Wow that is quite the read. Sounds plausible but a little too complex for the American TV audience.

justinag06

18-02-2006 16:09:22

Well if that is true, all that stuff about Darma being an actuall organization, and the guy that founded it then that threory is probably one of the best.

Anyone that watched alias for the first 5 seasons knows how everything revolved around some mysterious artist/prophet named rambaldi.

So I wouldnt be surprised if this is half true and the show starts getting into this more and more the next few seasons

good2speed

18-02-2006 16:15:20

[quote3a51a2c396="justinag06"]Well if that is true, all that stuff about Darma being an actuall organization, and the guy that founded it then that threory is probably one of the best.

Anyone that watched alias for the first 5 seasons knows how everything revolved around some mysterious artist/prophet named rambaldi.

So I wouldnt be surprised if this is half true and the show starts getting into this more and more the next few seasons[/quote3a51a2c396]

I actually got dumb reading through that link. Seems people have way too much on their mind and are way too involved mentally on a fictional story. Lets not forget that the show was made to intrigue viewers but the bottom line is the networks wants the money, the writers wante the money, and the actors want the money. What better way to gain an audience through utter confusion. Keeps longevity of the show and people are constantl coming up with theories. Brilliant by the writers and ABC.

My theory there is no story. There is no end well just not yet. The networks want this show to last till forever. I just find it weird that they waited till the 2nd season to introduce the 2nd group. Like the writers and execs were thinking weve ran out flashback material we need more characters. All of a sudden walaa theres a second group.

justinag06

18-02-2006 16:52:31

I think they will keep it mysterious and all that stuff I agree with you there about attracting viewers.

However I think there is definatly some underlying meaning, maybe not every little detail like the number of people on the raft, or the number of times sawyer kissed kate or any of that stupid shit. Overall though, why they are on the island, what is all of this stuff, who are these people.

I think they aren't just randomly made up, and serve some purpose on the show in a later date

Wolfeman

18-02-2006 17:04:48

It sounded like something was powering up when the countdown finished. I was scared.

If you guys watched Alias, JJ Abrams loves to tell his stories with all this intrigue and where nothing is what it seems. I think LOST will have a short life-span because people eventually just want to know the secret. Once Alias finally revealed its secret, it just wasn't the same and is getting canceled (

justinag06

18-02-2006 21:07:25

well ratings have always lacked for alias

and the fact that jennifer garner became a HUGE star right after the show started, doesn't help it's budget. I think it's being canceled purely for monitary reasons by ABC, and maybe a little so abrams can focus on lost.

I can't speak if the show is good or not I dont really watch it much anymore

slease

18-02-2006 22:16:07

I haven't watched Alias since the finale with the car crash... what was the big secret they revealed?

Godrockdj

19-02-2006 10:13:15

Random easter egg Did you all notice near the end, where the soldiers had Sayid in the truck - The soldier that spoke to him and asked if he had a family? Yah that was Kate's dad, and that was a pic of Kate he was looking at ;)

Wolfeman

19-02-2006 15:09:05

[quotec63cb7e2c4="Godrockdj"]Random easter egg Did you all notice near the end, where the soldiers had Sayid in the truck - The soldier that spoke to him and asked if he had a family? Yah that was Kate's dad, and that was a pic of Kate he was looking at ;)[/quotec63cb7e2c4]

GOOD FIND!