Need some cell phone/pda advice

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=32911

mcal44

13-02-2006 14:59:12

Currently I have a Dell Axim pocket pc and a RAZR cell phone, but I really want one device that does both (yes, I know the razr doesnt do anything but look pretty.) It needs to be GSM, so cingular or tmobile compatabile, doesnt matter which one because I'll buy an unlocked unit.

I've looked at an audiovox unit, hp ipaq and blackberrys, but not sure which I like. If anything I'm leaning towards a blackberry 7100g (Not concerned with a RIM shutdown, nonissue.) I'd go with the new treo windows edition, but I'm not willing to switch to verizon or wait till a GSM version comes out.

What do you guys recommend? $150-$300 is my price range.

mrwzk

13-02-2006 15:02:49

blackberry is being sued currently, so i would wait till that is settled, they are being fined a load of moeny for stealing copyright stuff and using it as own i beleive.

this is gonna put a huge dent in blackberrys pocket. so i would wait till that clears up.

mcal44

13-02-2006 15:05:31

[quote1efe1ebee9="mrwzk"]blackberry is being sued currently, so i would wait till that is settled, they are being fined a load of moeny for stealing copyright stuff and using it as own i beleive.

this is gonna put a huge dent in blackberrys pocket. so i would wait till that clears up.[/quote1efe1ebee9]

It's a patent suit, but yeah it's not an issue to me for a few reasons.

Dr. Doom

13-02-2006 15:10:15

Depends on what you're doing with a Blackberry. I troubleshoot those at work and absolutely hate them.