Damn It! Bunch o' Charges

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=32646

Darkfire001

10-02-2006 10:14:09

Son of a bitch, I hate getting screwed over by ANY of the bad offers, but I think I got double or triple whammied a few days ago. Normally I use my Paypal Debit Card which is easier to dispute false charges.

BUT I had to get it re-issued since Poker-x-pert kept billing upwards of $200 to me o

Took a look at my statement today and $150 in incoming charges that weren't previously there | Will have to wait and see what they are. But Grr!

manOFice

10-02-2006 10:25:52

i got billed wrongly by poker xpert and i called them up and they put the money back on my card

Darkfire001

10-02-2006 10:29:36

Yah they triple billed me, although none of them went through phew. Called them and they were really helpful fixing the situation, but most likely because they know it was Bull in the first place.

darkscout

10-02-2006 11:52:50

That's why I LOVE my citibank "Virtual Account Numbers" jazz.

You can generate a new number and authorize it for an amount. (eg, $1 offer, authorized to spend $1.01) If they try to charge more, they get a no.

ajasax

10-02-2006 12:53:01

[quote9c12c308e6="darkscout"]That's why I LOVE my citibank "Virtual Account Numbers" jazz.

You can generate a new number and authorize it for an amount. (eg, $1 offer, authorized to spend $1.01) If they try to charge more, they get a no.[/quote9c12c308e6]
Hey, I've just been using this recently, and coincidentally I also used it for this offer today. How do you put a limit on the amount, and do you have to set it to at least 1cent more?

mikedb

10-02-2006 13:23:43

[quoteb896263736="Darkfire001"]Son of a bitch, I hate getting screwed over by ANY of the bad offers, but I think I got double or triple whammied a few days ago. Normally I use my Paypal Debit Card which is easier to dispute false charges.

BUT I had to get it re-issued since Poker-x-pert kept billing upwards of $200 to me o

Took a look at my statement today and $150 in incoming charges that weren't previously there | Will have to wait and see what they are. But Grr![/quoteb896263736]

I may not be reading this corrently, but if you are looking at your available credit, and the charge has not shown up on your statement, the charge may not go through.

Frequently, websites will put a large sum through "Authorization", and it will reflect in your balance, but then never go through with the charge. They do this to make sure that the card yuo are using has enough of a balance to pay for the full subscription fee.

Mike

Darkfire001

10-02-2006 14:20:30

THANK GOODNESS!!!!

Okay found out what the deal is. An invoice from my server company in the amount of $120 about was delayed 10-Days and they didn't process them until today.

I was thinking I'd be in a tough position if that payment came in with my accounts like they were, so jumped on to see when it was supposed to go out and wo and behold it occured today.

SO... this means as of now everything looks okay. So false alarm.