Mamba candy...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=32006

mnx12

31-01-2006 22:27:37

Are these readily available in stores? Im thinking I may have seen some before, but im not sure. Do you guys ever see them in stores? They are basically vegetarian Starburst...

hehehhehe

31-01-2006 22:32:39

I used to eat that stuff as a kid. How is it vegetarian as compared to starburst?

mnx12

31-01-2006 22:33:38

Starburst have gelatin

hehehhehe

31-01-2006 22:37:53

[ib2d2070049]Gelatin is defined as a "product obtained from partial hydrolysis of collagen derived from natural sources such as skin, connective tissue, and bones of animals." It is an easily digestible protein that contains all the essential amino acids except tryptophan. Gelatin is NOT a chemical or chemically modified substance.[/ib2d2070049]
Ummmm... gelatin.....

Do you avoid gelatin altogether?

EatChex89

31-01-2006 22:40:06

there goes jello

i wouldn't survive as a veggie man

mnx12

31-01-2006 22:42:16

There are gelatin free jell-o's (not jello brand obviously) its very easy to be vegetarian....and yes, i dont eat any gelatin.

EatChex89

31-01-2006 22:47:27

[quote3c22d3f435="mnx12"]There are gelatin free jell-o's (not jello brand obviously) its very easy to be vegetarian....and yes, i dont eat any gelatin.[/quote3c22d3f435]

are you a veggie man because you don't like killing animals? or because meat is unhealthy?

just curious as to where you stand.. not trying to beat you down for being a veggie man, i think it's great. each to his own.

mnx12

31-01-2006 22:49:30

i became vegetarian because ive always hated the taste of meat, but since then ive learned how unhealthy it is, and have learned to love animals so much. so to answer your question you're hot.

EatChex89

31-01-2006 22:50:39

[quotea7167c9a45="mnx12"]i became vegetarian because ive always hated the taste of meat, but since then ive learned how unhealthy it is, and have learned to love animals so much. so to answer your question you're hot.[/quotea7167c9a45]

well that's just great.

go read "Still Life with Crows" by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child.. great book.

mnx12

31-01-2006 22:58:18

whats it about?

EatChex89

31-01-2006 23:02:52

[quote52a2f027b3="mnx12"]whats it about?[/quote52a2f027b3]

read it.

it's an awesome book. if i told you what it was about, i'td give the whole book away.

if you want to read the series in chronological order, read Relic first

mnx12

31-01-2006 23:04:51

...or not. i hate reading. so, are Mamba's in all Wal-Marts?

bruman

01-02-2006 02:42:43

I eat meat at least 5x a day.. (good sized portion)

hrdfarkr

01-02-2006 05:34:34

I have a sister who's a vegetarian, it's not an easy lifestyle. I have respect for anyone who stands by something so difficult can stay with it.

Two things tho, I can't have any kind of meat protesting going on, I think you have your right to not eat what you want, I hope people can respect my rights too.

Second, I could not imagine being a vegetarian, I would hop a fence and stab a cow with a fork for a good steak.

mnx12, if you were coming to dinner, and I made a non vegan meal...pot roast and broccoli for example...what should I also cook knowing that my sister won't eat the pot roast?

(normally I will get portabello mushrooms and a huge crudite)

shamash

01-02-2006 06:40:21

gelatin is probably the worst thing i've lost since i became a vegetarian.

i miss skittles and poptarts O

hrdfarkr- make sure you make the broccoli outside of the roast. my parents make something like that with potatoes and carrots and shit cooking in the meat and are like "okay jordan eat it" and im like "uh no meat?"

so make sure they're cooked separately, broccoli potatoes and carrots are all good. i don't know what else tho.. i'll usually just throw some morningstar farm vegan shit in the microwave.

Bildo818

01-02-2006 08:14:49

In the 7-11 right by my house there are plenty of mambas....

mnx12

01-02-2006 08:28:08

Im not trying to protest meat eating, hrdfarkr. But if you guys want to have a conversation about it, then im fine with it. When theres people like tylerc who start the abusing of it, thats when I get angry...anyways, thanks guys, im surprised ive never even heard of Mamba's.

MightyMouse

01-02-2006 08:29:42

I think if i switched to a vegitarian life style i would become instantly anemic, bald, and ugly.

for this reason, i know i love cows more then any vegitarian.

but as was said before, do what works for you.

kdollar

01-02-2006 08:34:03

why are there so many comments saying meat is unhealthy, i resent that....ok you choose not to eat it, but dont discourage others with false information or at least half false, sure if u get meat that is 40/60....40 percent lean and 60 percent fat for those who dont go grocery shopping..its unhealthy but theres nothing wrong with a good turkey in fact its quite healthy.

vegetarians sounds just like any diet, its hard for me not to eat sweets, even though im a chocolate fiend.

exclusiv

01-02-2006 08:36:06

you are not a man if you are vegetarian

you are a pussy if you get worked up about killing animals and hunting as well

to say that eating meat is unhealthy is just being misinformed. there are plenty of healthy meats.

jadem

01-02-2006 08:45:49

[quote9566a9444c="exclusiv"]you are not a man if you are vegetarian

to say that eating meat is unhealthy is just being misinformed. there are plenty of healthy meats.[/quote9566a9444c]

I thought we were on a new "no flaming" kick in the forum? lishrugli

KeithA

01-02-2006 08:49:49

[quote50ab026823="jadem"][quote50ab026823="exclusiv"]you are not a man if you are vegetarian

to say that eating meat is unhealthy is just being misinformed. there are plenty of healthy meats.[/quote50ab026823]

I thought we were on a new "no flaming" kick in the forum? lishrugli[/quote50ab026823]

Yeah, exclusiv just earned himself a 3-day temp-ban.

exclusiv

01-02-2006 08:50:03

[quote1f71ac3515="jadem"][quote1f71ac3515="exclusiv"]you are not a man if you are vegetarian

to say that eating meat is unhealthy is just being misinformed. there are plenty of healthy meats.[/quote1f71ac3515]

I thought we were on a new "no flaming" kick in the forum? lishrugli[/quote1f71ac3515]

oh really, i was unaware as I was gone for a little while

in that case, i'll rephrase- if you are a vegetarian then you are a gatherer and if you are man then you are a hunter

kdollar

01-02-2006 08:52:45

[quote2737d5fec9="exclusiv"][quote2737d5fec9="jadem"][quote2737d5fec9="exclusiv"]you are not a man if you are vegetarian

to say that eating meat is unhealthy is just being misinformed. there are plenty of healthy meats.[/quote2737d5fec9]

I thought we were on a new "no flaming" kick in the forum? lishrugli[/quote2737d5fec9]

oh really, i was unaware as I was gone for a little while

in that case, i'll rephrase- if you are a vegetarian then you are a gatherer and if you are man then you are a hunter[/quote2737d5fec9]

lol......im not agreeing with him flamin the thread, but that was pretty funny.

mnx12

01-02-2006 09:05:53

actually, your quite misinformed yourself, human bodies are not built to eat meat, no matter what your mommy taught you...

hrdfarkr

01-02-2006 09:10:34

[quote2c524fc967="mnx12"]Im not trying to protest meat eating, hrdfarkr. But if you guys want to have a conversation about it, then im fine with it. [/quote2c524fc967]

I was just making a general statement, I didn't think anyone was protesting. It would be interesting to learn more about it, my sister is pretty cool and it would be nice to hook her up with some nice dinner items when she stops by to eat.

[quote2c524fc967="mnx12"]When theres people like tylerc who start the abusing of it, thats when I get angry...anyways, thanks guys, im surprised ive never even heard of Mamba's.[/quote2c524fc967]

Here's a lis of candy my sister eats (this is from a halloween search to send candy to my niece who shares with her mom) some of them do contain Carmine which can be from plants or animals, the manufacturer will tell you. (my sis told me this, but she pointed out my niece eats most of the candy and isn't a vegetarian...she wants her to decide for herself when she is older)

Airheads taffy, Atkins peanut butter bars, Blow Pops, Boston Baked Beans, Charms lollipops, Chick-o-Sticks, Cracker Jack, Cry Babies, Dem Bones, Dots, Dum-Dums, Fireballs, Gob Stoppers by Willy Wonka, Goldenberg's Peanut Chews, Good 'n' Plenty, Hot Tamales, Hubba Bubba bubblegum, Jolly Ranchers (lollipops and hard candy only), Jujubees, Jujyfruits, Lemonheads, Mambas, Mary Janes (regular and peanut butter kisses), Mike and Ike, Nerds, Now and Later, Pez, Ring Pop lollipops, Smarties (not the ones made by Nestle with chocolate!), Sour Patch Kids, Spree (original, not the new chewy kind), Starburst (jelly beans and hard candy only!), Super Bubble, Swedish Fish, Sweet Tarts, Tropical Source mini chocolate bags, Twizzlers, Zotz

kdollar

01-02-2006 09:10:36

hmmm

kdollar

01-02-2006 09:12:25

[quote5e0ea28aa3="mnx12"]actually, your quite misinformed yourself, human bodies are not built to eat meat, no matter what your mommy taught you...[/quote5e0ea28aa3]
being 17, i can see why you would listen to your mommy, but i almost have a minor in nutrition.....so no matter what jolly green giant says, meat isnt bad for you. see those fang lookn teeth in your mouth, go take an anatomy class when u grow up and tell me what they are used for.

hrdfarkr

01-02-2006 09:14:27

great...nothing like a decent conversation turning into a war of my opinion must be correct.

mnx12, shamash thx for the tips, mebbe another time.

FreeOffersNow

01-02-2006 09:27:06

[quote0feb9bab60="kdollar"]being 17, i can see why you would listen to your mommy, but i almost have a minor in nutrition.....so no matter what jolly green giant says, meat isnt bad for you. see those fang lookn teeth in your mouth, go take an anatomy class when u grow up and tell me what they are used for.[/quote0feb9bab60]

I was hoping someone would call him out on that...

However, honestly, I have nothing against vegetarians. Why should I? As long as they don't go around telling me I shouldn't eat meat...let them be. Nonetheless, we didn't make it to the top of the food chain eating plants...

Food for thought (no pun intended) I live in New York, one of the many states facing an increasingly drastic overpopulation of deer. While I'm not looking to discuss the reason(s) behind the overpopulation nor the effects of said overpopulation, the fact is...if people weren't hunting deer (for food)...the overpopulation would be WORSE. You know what happens when the hunting "quotas" aren't met? Wildlife management agencies send officers out into the woods to shoot X number of deer. These deer are then left to rot in the woods.

kdollar

01-02-2006 09:31:48

[quoteb244695d4e="FreeOffersNow"][quoteb244695d4e="kdollar"]being 17, i can see why you would listen to your mommy, but i almost have a minor in nutrition.....so no matter what jolly green giant says, meat isnt bad for you. see those fang lookn teeth in your mouth, go take an anatomy class when u grow up and tell me what they are used for.[/quoteb244695d4e]

I was hoping someone would call him out on that...

However, honestly, I have nothing against vegetarians. Why should I? As long as they don't go around telling me I shouldn't eat meat...let them be. Nonetheless, we didn't make it to the top of the food chain eating plants...

Food for thought (no pun intended) I live in New York, one of the many states facing an increasingly drastic overpopulation of deer. While I'm not looking to discuss the reason(s) behind the overpopulation nor the effects of said overpopulation, the fact is...if people weren't hunting deer (for food)...the overpopulation would be WORSE. You know what happens when the hunting "quotas" aren't met? Wildlife management agencies send officers out into the woods to shoot X number of deer. These deer are then left to rot in the woods.[/quoteb244695d4e]

all true statements, im not hatin on vegetarians either, but neither should they dare hate on meateaters or provide false information, like FON said do you want deer running all over your new car.......didnt think so.

FreeOffersNow

01-02-2006 09:34:01

[quoteca4d2a1b76="kdollar"]all true statements, im not hatin on vegetarians either, but neither should they dare hate on meateaters or provide false information, like FON said do you want deer running all over your new car.......didnt think so.[/quoteca4d2a1b76]

LOL that reminds me...my friend was doing like 25 in a snow storm last month...and a deer (literally) walked into the side of his car. It didn't do TOO much damage, but definately more damage than you'd think a deer walking into the side of your car would do. Pretty funny overall...not sure what happened to the deer.

kdollar

01-02-2006 09:38:03

[quoted9c7646886="FreeOffersNow"][quoted9c7646886="kdollar"]all true statements, im not hatin on vegetarians either, but neither should they dare hate on meateaters or provide false information, like FON said do you want deer running all over your new car.......didnt think so.[/quoted9c7646886]

LOL that reminds me...my friend was doing like 25 in a snow storm last month...and a deer (literally) walked into the side of his car. It didn't do TOO much damage, but definately more damage than you'd think a deer walking into the side of your car would do. Pretty funny overall...not sure what happened to the deer.[/quoted9c7646886]

yea i had my wreck with one, it sucks but the worst thing is u have to file it on insurance, well mine was that bad, or pay it yourself, theres no one else to blame....good thing i hunt.

fashionjunkee

01-02-2006 09:53:25

http//www.typetive.com/candyblog/images/mambas-lg.jpg[" alt=""/img14dec9f0a5]

Are these the Mamba's youre talking about? They were so easy to find at pretty much every store in Houston, can't sem to com across them in LA though. Order some off of the net.

mnx12

01-02-2006 15:42:29

No guys, the fang teeth are NOT for eating meat, look at this chart

[quote7fa83e6699]When you look at the comparison between herbivores and humans, we compare much more closely to herbivores than meat eating animals. Humans are clearly not designed to digest and ingest meat.

Meat-eaters have claws

Herbivores no claws

Humans no claws

Meat-eaters have no skin pores and perspire through the tongue

Herbivores perspire through skin pores

Humans perspire through skin pores

Meat-eaters have sharp front teeth for tearing, with no flat molar teeth for grinding

Herbivores no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding

Humans no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding

Meat-eaters have intestinal tract that is only 3 times their body length so that rapidly decaying meat can pass through quickly

Herbivores have intestinal tract 10-12 times their body length.

Humans have intestinal tract 10-12 times their body length.

Meat-eaters have strong hydrochloric acid in stomach to digest meat

Herbivores have stomach acid that is 20 times weaker than that of a meat-eater

Humans have stomach acid that is 20 times weaker than that of a meat-eater

Meat-eaters salivary glands in mouth not needed to pre-digest grains and fruits.

Herbivores well-developed salivary glands which are necessary to pre-digest grains and fruits

Humans well-developed salivary glands, which are necessary to pre-digest, grains and fruits

Meat-eaters have acid saliva with no enzyme ptyalin to pre-digest grains

Herbivores have alkaline saliva with ptyalin to pre-digest grains

Humans have alkaline saliva with ptyalin to pre-digest grains

Based on a chart by A.D. Andrews, Fit Food for Men, (Chicago American Hygiene Society, 1970)[/quote7fa83e6699]

Im not saying that its bad for you to eat meat, and honestly I dont care, but please stop trying to "call me out" its not working

Veek

01-02-2006 15:48:14

I don't care what anyone says, no one is taking away my Twix.

syriandoode

01-02-2006 15:51:27

[quote9f405796ae="shamash"]gelatin is probably the worst thing i've lost since i became a vegetarian.

i miss skittles and poptarts O

hrdfarkr- make sure you make the broccoli outside of the roast. my parents make something like that with potatoes and carrots and shit cooking in the meat and are like "okay jordan eat it" and im like "uh no meat?"

so make sure they're cooked separately, broccoli potatoes and carrots are all good. i don't know what else tho.. i'll usually just throw some morningstar farm vegan shit in the microwave.[/quote9f405796ae]

I cant have gelatin cuz companies just say gelatin on tehir candy but they don specify whether or not its pig gelatin which i cant have.

Berky34

01-02-2006 15:53:06

[quoteb4fd43dd13="fashionjunkee"]http//www.typetive.com/candyblog/images/mambas-lg.jpg[" alt=""/imgb4fd43dd13]

Are these the Mamba's youre talking about? They were so easy to find at pretty much every store in Houston, can't sem to com across them in LA though. Order some off of the net.[/quoteb4fd43dd13]
I like mamba's and yeah they are at a bunch of store's here.

mnx12

01-02-2006 15:53:22

^^ are you jewish?

EatChex89

01-02-2006 15:54:01

i want some truffles

syriandoode

01-02-2006 17:33:51

[quote26b497cbeb="mnx12"]^^ are you jewish?[/quote26b497cbeb]

If you meant me im muslim.

fashionjunkee

01-02-2006 18:33:12

We're omnivores. I like my meat, nothings better than a big, fat juicy steak. I dont care either. I'll eat a steak before some boring ass broccoli any day.

tinman5

01-02-2006 18:40:30

[quote9103a5defc="fashionjunkee"]We're omnivores. I like my meat, nothings better than a big, fat juicy steak. I dont care either. I'll eat a steak before some boring ass broccoli any day.[/quote9103a5defc]

Agreed, humans are built to eat whatever is available, be it animal or vegetable, and are not pre-disposed to either.

This is copy/pasted directly from the Vegetarioan Resource Group - www.vrg.org

[quote9103a5defc]Omnivorism
The key category in the discussion of human diet is omnivores, which are defined as generalized feeders, with neither carnivore nor herbivore specializations for acquiring or processing food, and who are capable of consuming and do consume both animal protein and vegetation. They are basically liopportunisticli feeders (survive by eating what is available) with more generalized anatomical and physiological traits, especially the dentition (teeth). All the available evidence indicates that the natural human diet is omnivorous and would include meat. We are not, however, required to consume animal protein. We have a choice.

The Great Apes
There are very few frugivores amongst the mammals in general, and primates in particular. The only apes that are predominantly fruit eaters (gibbons and siamangs) are atypical for apes in many behavioral and ecological respects and eat substantial amounts of vegetation. Orangutans are similar, with no observations in the wild of eating meat.

Gorillas are more typically vegetarian, with less emphasis on fruit. Several years ago a very elegant study was done on the relationship between body size and diet in primates (and some other mammal groups). The only primates on the list with pure diets were the very small species (which are entirely insectivorous) and the largest (which specialize in vegetarian diet). However, the spectrum of dietary preferences reflect the daily food intake needs of each body size and the relative availability of food resources in a tropical forest. Our closest relatives among the apes are the chimpanzees (i.e., anatomically, behaviorally, genetically, and evolutionarily), who frequently kill and eat other mammals (including other primates).

Evidence of Humans as Omnivores
Archeological Record
As far back as it can be traced, clearly the archeological record indicates an omnivorous diet for humans that included meat. Our ancestry is among the hunter/gatherers from the beginning. Once domestication of food sources began, it included both animals and plants.

Cell Types
Relative number and distribution of cell types, as well as structural specializations, are more important than overall length of the intestine to determining a typical diet. Dogs are typical carnivores, but their intestinal characteristics have more in common with omnivores. Wolves eat quite a lot of plant material.

Fermenting Vats
Nearly all plant eaters have fermenting vats (enlarged chambers where foods sits and microbes attack it). Ruminants like cattle and deer have forward sacs derived from remodeled esophagus and stomach. Horses, rhinos, and colobine monkeys have posterior, hindgut sacs. Humans have no such specializations.

Jaws
Although evidence on the structure and function of human hands and jaws, behavior, and evolutionary history also either support an omnivorous diet or fail to support strict vegetarianism, the best evidence comes from our teeth.

The short canines in humans are a functional consequence of the enlarged cranium and associated reduction of the size of the jaws. In primates, canines function as both defense weapons and visual threat devices. Interestingly, the primates with the largest canines (gorillas and gelada baboons) both have basically vegetarian diets. In archeological sites, broken human molars are most often confused with broken premolars and molars of pigs, a classic omnivore. On the other hand, some herbivores have well-developed incisors that are often mistaken for those of human teeth when found in archeological excavations.

Salivary Glands
These indicate we could be omnivores. Saliva and urine data vary, depending on diet, not taxonomic group.

Intestines
Intestinal absorption is a surface area, not linear problem. Dogs (which are carnivores) have intestinal specializations more characteristic of omnivores than carnivores such as cats. The relative number of crypts and cell types is a better indication of diet than simple length. We are intermediate between the two groups.

Conclusion
Humans are classic examples of omnivores in all relevant anatomical traits. There is no basis in anatomy or physiology for the assumption that humans are pre-adapted to the vegetarian diet. For that reason, the best arguments in support of a meat-free diet remain ecological, ethical, and health concerns.

[/quote9103a5defc]

KeithA

02-02-2006 08:19:59

By Patricia Reaney
Wed Feb 1, 2006 1238 AM ET162

LONDON (Reuters) - Scientists said on Tuesday they may have found a reason why eating too much red meat increases the risk of colorectal cancer.

By studying cells from volunteers eating different diets, they discovered that red meat raises levels of compounds in the large bowel which can alter DNA and increase the likelihood of cancer.

"It is the first definite link between red meat and the very first stage in cancer," said Professor Sheila Bingham, of the Medical Research Council Dunn Nutrition Unit in Cambridge, England.

In earlier research, Bingham and her team showed there was a strong correlation between eating red and processed meat and the risk of colon cancer.

The chance of developing colorectal cancer was a third higher in people who regularly ate more than two portions of red or processed meat a day compared to someone who ate less than one portion a week.

In their latest study, published in the journal Cancer Research, the scientists studied cells from the lining of the colon from people who consumed red meat, vegetarian, high red meat or high fiber diets for 15 days.

"We looked at whether eating red meat alters the DNA of these cells," Bingham told Reuters.

They found that red meat consumption was linked to increased levels of substances called N-nitrosocompounds, which are formed in the large bowel. The compounds may stick to DNA, making it more likely to undergo mutations that increase the odds of cancer.

The DNA damage may be repaired naturally in the body, and fiber in the diet may help the process. But if it isn't, cancer can develop, Bingham said.

The scientists said the findings could help to develop a screening test for very early changes related to the disease.

Colorectal is one of the most common cancers in developed countries. More than 940,000 cases are diagnosed each year and about 492,000 people die from the illness, according to the International Agency for Cancer Research (IARC) in Lyon, France.

A diet rich in fat, animal protein and refined carbohydrates and lack of exercise are risk factors for the illness. Most cases are in people over 60 years old and about 5 percent of them are inherited.

Health experts estimate that about 70 percent of colorectal cancers could be prevented by changes in diet and nutrition. Diarrhea, constipation and rectal bleeding can be symptoms.

kdollar

02-02-2006 08:43:59

[quote18d5543a28="KeithA"]By Patricia Reaney
Wed Feb 1, 2006 1238 AM ET162

LONDON (Reuters) - Scientists said on Tuesday they may have found a reason why eating too much red meat increases the risk of colorectal cancer.

By studying cells from volunteers eating different diets, they discovered that red meat raises levels of compounds in the large bowel which can alter DNA and increase the likelihood of cancer.

"It is the first definite link between red meat and the very first stage in cancer," said Professor Sheila Bingham, of the Medical Research Council Dunn Nutrition Unit in Cambridge, England.

In earlier research, Bingham and her team showed there was a strong correlation between eating red and processed meat and the risk of colon cancer.

The chance of developing colorectal cancer was a third higher in people who regularly ate more than two portions of red or processed meat a day compared to someone who ate less than one portion a week.

In their latest study, published in the journal Cancer Research, the scientists studied cells from the lining of the colon from people who consumed red meat, vegetarian, high red meat or high fiber diets for 15 days.

"We looked at whether eating red meat alters the DNA of these cells," Bingham told Reuters.

They found that red meat consumption was linked to increased levels of substances called N-nitrosocompounds, which are formed in the large bowel. The compounds may stick to DNA, making it more likely to undergo mutations that increase the odds of cancer.

The DNA damage may be repaired naturally in the body, and fiber in the diet may help the process. But if it isn't, cancer can develop, Bingham said.

The scientists said the findings could help to develop a screening test for very early changes related to the disease.

Colorectal is one of the most common cancers in developed countries. More than 940,000 cases are diagnosed each year and about 492,000 people die from the illness, according to the International Agency for Cancer Research (IARC) in Lyon, France.

A diet rich in fat, animal protein and refined carbohydrates and lack of exercise are risk factors for the illness. Most cases are in people over 60 years old and about 5 percent of them are inherited.

Health experts estimate that about 70 percent of colorectal cancers could be prevented by changes in diet and nutrition. Diarrhea, constipation and rectal bleeding can be symptoms.[/quote18d5543a28]

keith is right. well done anyone?? and anythin causes cancer....im at risk typin this msg

KeithA

02-02-2006 09:43:21

[quote8d90556569="kdollar"]
keith is right. well done anyone?? and anythin causes cancer....im at risk typin this msg[/quote8d90556569]

I didn't share my position. I was just posting an article pertinent to the discussion.

kdollar

02-02-2006 12:43:16

[quote5252b60e1b="KeithA"][quote5252b60e1b="kdollar"]
keith is right. well done anyone?? and anythin causes cancer....im at risk typin this msg[/quote5252b60e1b]

I didn't share my position. I was just posting an article pertinent to the discussion.[/quote5252b60e1b]

oh i wasnt hatin on u keitha, i agree with you, eatin red meat is terrible, i never eat it, everythin always well done, informative article, thanks.

mnx12

02-02-2006 14:38:38

Each thing has its points, but im still standing by my position...

jadem

03-02-2006 03:45:39

Ok, I don't understand why either "side" to this issue is trying to turn the other. I eat meat, I couldn't go without it (a tofu burger, to me, just isn't the same). However, I wouldn't go around and tell my Vegan or Vegetarian friends (I realize there's a difference between the two) that they HAVE to eat meat, and I expect them not to try and make me stop eating meat.

It's like a religious argument...both sides think they're right but in the end, everyone has made good points and they did nothing but piss each other off. )

shamash

03-02-2006 06:31:47

i <3 swedish fish! O

shamash

03-02-2006 06:33:23

[quote3f3389226e="bruman"]I eat meat at least 5x a day.. (good sized portion)[/quote3f3389226e]

i'd also like to point this out as the first antagonizing post of the topic, going off topic of MNX's conversation trying to ruin his thread, and ruining what could have been a good thread.

KeithA

03-02-2006 06:47:48

[quote8cac1d5a99="shamash"][quote8cac1d5a99="bruman"]I eat meat at least 5x a day.. (good sized portion)[/quote8cac1d5a99]

i'd also like to point this out as the first antagonizing post of the topic, going off topic of MNX's conversation trying to ruin his thread, and ruining what could have been a good thread.[/quote8cac1d5a99]

There is nothing antagonizing about the statement "I eat meat at least 5x a day."

cdcoit1384

03-02-2006 07:16:36

Healthy or not it is damn good...I, like most people on here, have no problem with vegans and the such but just can't really imagine going without meat. For me, being from OK, it is many peoples source of income, the raising and selling of beef and other meats. Besides I don;t think man was desgined to consume things like beer and liquor but it is damn good...(sorry I keep going on but I am at work and still drunk...)

shamash

03-02-2006 07:33:04

[quote9bb8b3b976="KeithA"][quote9bb8b3b976="shamash"][quote9bb8b3b976="bruman"]I eat meat at least 5x a day.. (good sized portion)[/quote9bb8b3b976]

i'd also like to point this out as the first antagonizing post of the topic, going off topic of MNX's conversation trying to ruin his thread, and ruining what could have been a good thread.[/quote9bb8b3b976]

There is nothing antagonizing about the statement "I eat meat at least 5x a day."[/quote9bb8b3b976]

it's clearly off topic and clearly used antagonizingly toward the original poster.

KeithA

03-02-2006 07:40:00

[quote43d1aa97cc="shamash"]it's clearly off topic and clearly used antagonizingly toward the original poster.[/quote43d1aa97cc]

The topic had evolved, loosely, into "Do you eat meat or not? Why?" Bruman's post was not terribly off-topic.

I respect your right to interpret his comments as you will, but I don't think bruman was clearly anatagonizing the original poster.

kdollar

03-02-2006 09:25:32

[quotea06db74b9d="mnx12"]i became vegetarian because ive always hated the taste of meat, [ba06db74b9d]but since then ive learned how unhealthy it is[/ba06db74b9d], and have learned to love animals so much. so to answer your question you're hot.[/quotea06db74b9d]

i think this is the statement, where it strayed off course.

mnx12

03-02-2006 13:57:56

[quote1fca9d2310="kdollar"][quote1fca9d2310="mnx12"]i became vegetarian because ive always hated the taste of meat, [b1fca9d2310]but since then ive learned how unhealthy it is[/b1fca9d2310], and have learned to love animals so much. so to answer your question you're hot.[/quote1fca9d2310]

i think this is the statement, where it strayed off course.[/quote1fca9d2310]I dont really care that it went off-topic. jadem is right, and that should really be the end of it. so if this thread could be locked now, it would be wonderful. Because in the end, I got 3 packs of Mamba's, and they were delicious and now im fat!