Insurance for phones off ebay??

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=31995

afro_wolff

31-01-2006 20:21:22

hey guys...So im buy'n a razr of NESQUIK on here...payed him extra to do it through ebay and all for my own peace of mind. Is there anyway i can get insurance on this phone through some type of third party insurance or whatever that might be. I swear i saw it offered a long time back on someones ebay listing but im without luck in finding it...Thanx ya!!

JordanE

31-01-2006 20:29:29

Oh god i hope he dosen't try and scam you like he did with me and the guy who bought the kswiss gift card from him plus the people he sold half.com GCs good luck.

egg242

31-01-2006 20:30:21

Might want to check this thread...

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=31574

JordanE

31-01-2006 20:33:45

Seriously dude he isn't even allowed to trade here. The olny reason he hasn't been banned [b05f630e04e]YET[/b05f630e04e] is becouse he hasn't been putting up a fight to give out refunds. He has also scammed people on A4F if i were you i would ask for a refund.

Kidd

31-01-2006 20:37:56

dont trust nesquik imo

anyways buy it off someone else its worth the extra dough not to get scammmed

afro_wolff

01-02-2006 08:45:24

Ahhhh Bob saget....Last time i checked his TR it was somethin of a reputable sort...Now i see its -2...Don't you think with ebay and paypal as aid i'm not gonna get screwed? I'll have the phone checked out for all sorts of function and decide were to go from there...

doylnea

01-02-2006 10:05:56

Pay with a credit card through Paypal and you're in the best shape you can be. If he doesn't deliver, you can file a Paypal reversal and if he doesn't have the funds in the Paypal account, then file a chargeback with your Credit Card company. Your CC company will take the money back from Paypal, and then paypal will go after the seller.

afro_wolff

01-02-2006 10:56:47

I thought the same "dispute" process was avaliable with just the simple bank transfer through paypal. They will open the dispute and withdrawl within 10 days unless he, nesquik, was somehow able to prove that indeed he either did send me the item if thats the cas or prove that the "non-working" feature actually works....Doubtful he could do that....Thanx doylnea

doylnea

01-02-2006 11:52:32

[quotef661d60f3a="afro_wolff"]I thought the same "dispute" process was avaliable with just the simple bank transfer through paypal. They will open the dispute and withdrawl within 10 days unless he, nesquik, was somehow able to prove that indeed he either did send me the item if thats the cas or prove that the "non-working" feature actually works....Doubtful he could do that....Thanx doylnea[/quotef661d60f3a]

You're correct, the same dispute process is available with the bank transfer payment, but with a CC payment, you have the added benefit of a CC chargeback. Additionally, if the seller has removed the money from his Paypal account, Paypal cannot return the money to you. Thus, you're most protected by making a CC payment.

afro_wolff

01-02-2006 12:30:16

Very cool. Thank you!