Advice on Buying a Snowboard... Get in here aguy :D

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=31562

J4320

26-01-2006 17:05:24

Alright, so I said this in the other thread ---

[quote39268c2143]
I weigh 155 lbs and I already have good boots that are Men's 9's. And don't you need to know my height to know the size of my board? I'm 6' if you need to know. My riding is basically going down the mountain everywhere. I want to get into starting some jumps and stuff but I don't really want to grind my new board against rails.

So basically just going down the mountain anywhere and maybe doing some occasional jumps in the terrain parks, and limaybeli some rails.[/quote39268c2143]

And aguy gave me a pretty good recommendation -

[quote39268c2143="aguy"]go with a 158 rome agent...

... very strong for rails... but stiff enough to take big jumps and backcountry powder

i use t think height ha to do alot to do with it... but if u think about it.. ur board cant tell how tall u are.. only how much u weigh...

im 6'2" 235 and i ride a 157.. its good for me becuase i ride park and need to spin fast

for you a 158 would be good becuase it will float in powder and what not[/quote39268c2143]

The problem is this... I only want to spend as much as I can get for my premium iPod that I'm getting from Freepay. The Rome Agent is pretty expensive. And I want the snowboard to include bindings with it. So I'll sell that premium iPod on ebay and I'll get under $400 for it... So around that much and it might be nice if I could get some more left over.

I've heard you can get a Burton Cruzer with bindings for around $350. Would that be a good deal? Is aguy the only one in here who knows a lot about snowboards?

Eric P

26-01-2006 17:41:25

my lil bro has a burton cruzer. It has some pretty good flex so you can stomp stomp and get really nice air. I would recommend it, it's not that expensive but reliable and rides nice. Not bad for rails either, my bro rides rails like they're nothing on his cruiser.

I ride a Buron Air and a Burton custom. I prefer the air because I have better pop after I stomp but the custom rides nicer in powder. The air is a pretty stiff board, and wouldn't recommend it to the novice freestyler because you have to stomp hard.

I've ridden K2, hated it because it felt like the board was going to crack after a few gap jumps and I've ridden my friend's Ride Timeless which was really nice but way overpriced imho.

EatChex89

26-01-2006 18:11:55

Get a piece of wood, sand it down. and snowboard on that.

J4320

26-01-2006 18:15:53

[quoteedb611eb78="Eric P"]my lil bro has a burton cruzer. It has some pretty good flex so you can stomp stomp and get really nice air. I would recommend it, it's not that expensive but reliable and rides nice. Not bad for rails either, my bro rides rails like they're nothing on his cruiser.

I ride a Buron Air and a Burton custom. I prefer the air because I have better pop after I stomp but the cruzer rides nicer in powder. The air is a pretty stiff board, and wouldn't recommend it to the novice freestyler because you have to stomp hard.

I've ridden K2, hated it because it felt like the board was going to crack after a few gap jumps and I've ridden my friend's Ride Timeless which was really nice but way overpriced imho.[/quoteedb611eb78]

Awesome, thanks for the recommendation.

+karma

D

So I guess I'll go with the Cruzer, $300 is still a lot of money and I know I'm buying quality with Burton and not crap.

So this is what I'm gonna go buy tomorrow so I can go up on Saturday unless someone has an objection to getting a Burton Cruzer. I want to see aguy's opinion on this too.