iBook Help

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=31560

v0h

26-01-2006 16:52:32

I got the iBook about a month ago from IRC and am trying to find a way to keep other people in my family from going on it. My family's main computer is broken down and my sister's laptop is broken down so she always goes on this computer and 'schmegs' up the screen and keyboard. Is there a way to have a password to go on such as profiles like Windows on a Dell? Any information would be great.

Also, I'm trying to bring down a scammer from a game I play. I got him into the IRC scene and I now find out that he has been scamming IRC by saying his items are not coming to his house. (They keep sending him the same product, he's on his third iBook). I know his genereal area and it's a small town so chances are he is the only one to receive items from them. I'm wondering if contacting IRC tomorrow will start anything. Any suggestions?

Also, I am adding a poll to see if people believe I should do something or act upon this person's fraudulent actions. I personally believe I should only because I helped him to do this, being a friend to him and he being a dickhead and a skeptic to me prior him receiving his iBook. Although him having a beef with me prior to the actions bestowed are not a reason to stoop to his level, I would love to see him pay for his actions. Insight is appreciated.

Edit The subject was arraised in this forum as opposed to the help section due to the half and half subject content.

Thanks.

EatChex89

26-01-2006 17:21:28

I think you should talk to him first, then notify IRC so that they don't send anymore to him.

Chris

26-01-2006 18:48:57

Top left (apple logo) > Accounts > Click the lock on the bottom left, and then click the + sign and add an account(s).

wink

Th3Great1

26-01-2006 18:50:44

yea tell irc its doing nothing but hurting the company..and fuckign it up for future members..

JUNIOR6886

26-01-2006 18:51:54

why dont you calll IRC and report him. IRC reserves the right to take back prizes/charge if they find out you're doing that kind of shit.

tracemhunter

26-01-2006 20:08:13

yea it would be funny to get charged 2 grand for 2 ibooks sold. report him. shit like that makes them raise the offer requirements.