Booth Babes gone ;(

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=31252

Allen626

23-01-2006 15:48:53

[quotec0d1ef24fa]No More Hot Booth Babes at E3?
By César A. Berardini - "Cesar"
Jan. 23rd, 2006 103 pm

The consequences of the “Hot Coffee” GTA mod are far from over and it seems that the long arm of law is reaching not just game retailers, but the industry in general. The IGDA's Sex SIG got access to a copy of the 2006 E3 Expo Exhibitor's Handbook and found out that the new rules put a defacto censorship to any material, including games and booth babes, with partial nudity or sexually explicit/provocative content.

According to Page 13 of the Exhibitor's Handbook

Material, including live models, conduct that is sexually explicit and/or sexually provocative, including but not limited to nudity, partial nudity and bathing suit bottoms, are prohibited on the Show floor, all common areas, and at any access points to the Show. ESA, in its sole discretion, will determine whether material is acceptable.

What does all this mean? That we won’t get to see those hot girls we used to take photos with or date (in our dreams). No more Hottest Booth Babe competition, no more cool games like Leisure Suit Larry or the Playboy Mansion?

While the handbook does state no “bathing suit bottoms”, there is a bit of a gray area when it comes to the overall attire. It will be interesting to see how far game publishers are willing to go in order to test the waters. In any case, E3 booth babes just got a little uglier.

Without Booth Babes in tiny leather pants or bikinis, is there any reason at all to go to E3? Oh Diana, I'm going to miss you so much! [/quotec0d1ef24fa]

No more Booth Babes at E3 (.

exclusiv

23-01-2006 15:50:47

damn her, look what that hot coffee thing has led to

what a shame

silentsteel420

23-01-2006 16:12:31

it's a bogus rumor

http//www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=24247233

mikedb

23-01-2006 16:35:50

not exactly bogus, they are taking steps to enforce the rule more this year...

iPodPimp

23-01-2006 16:41:21

Thats gay

J4320

23-01-2006 16:41:39

[ib15317fbd9]That's[/ib15317fbd9]

Wolfeman

23-01-2006 16:45:30

[quote1dfde62bfc="Allen626"][quote1dfde62bfc]No More Hot Booth Babes at E3?
Jan. 23rd, 2006 103 pm

The consequences of the “Hot Coffee” GTA mod are far from over and it seems that the long arm of law is reaching not just game retailers, but the industry in general. The IGDA's Sex SIG got access to a copy of the 2006 E3 Expo Exhibitor's Handbook and found out that the new rules put a defacto censorship to any material, including games and booth babes, with partial nudity or sexually explicit/provocative content.

Material, including live models, conduct that is sexually explicit and/or sexually provocative, including but not limited to nudity, partial nudity and bathing suit bottoms, are prohibited on the Show floor, all common areas, and at any access points to the Show. ESA, in its sole discretion, will determine whether material is acceptable.

What does all this mean? That we won’t get to see those hot girls we used to take photos with or date (in our dreams). No more Hottest Booth Babe competition, no more cool games like Leisure Suit Larry or the Playboy Mansion?

While the handbook does state no “bathing suit bottoms”, there is a bit of a gray area when it comes to the overall attire. It will be interesting to see how far game publishers are willing to go in order to test the waters. In any case, E3 booth babes just got a little uglier.

Without Booth Babes in tiny leather pants or bikinis, is there any reason at all to go to E3? Oh Diana, I'm going to miss you so much! [/quote1dfde62bfc]

No more Booth Babes at E3 (.[/quote1dfde62bfc]

Good maybe it will get rid of some of the rif-raf. E3 has been going downhill last few years...

JOSHBOX

23-01-2006 16:56:11

thats terrible...

cry cry

MyungChunHa

23-01-2006 21:21:01

[quote39c4db6c98="Wolfeman"][quote39c4db6c98="Allen626"][quote39c4db6c98]No More Hot Booth Babes at E3?
Jan. 23rd, 2006 103 pm

Without Booth Babes in tiny leather pants or bikinis, is there any reason at all to go to E3? Oh Diana, I'm going to miss you so much! [/quote39c4db6c98]

No more Booth Babes at E3 (.[/quote39c4db6c98]

Good maybe it will get rid of some of the rif-raf. E3 has been going downhill last few years...[/quote39c4db6c98]
what rif-raf....i thought E3 was going great....and as a side note....the booth babes were always one of the highlights for me D ....

Wolfeman

23-01-2006 23:06:02

E3 used to be hot babes, reporters, and people that had business there mostly. Now its about 1,000,000 bloggers, a bunch of idiots just looking for free stuff, and some hot babes but you can't get within 100 yards. 2 hours to see a demo is no good...

MyungChunHa

24-01-2006 13:20:45

[quote54a5da3c89="Wolfeman"]E3 used to be hot babes, reporters, and people that had business there mostly. Now its about 1,000,000 bloggers, a bunch of idiots just looking for free stuff, and some hot babes but you can't get within 100 yards. 2 hours to see a demo is no good...[/quote54a5da3c89]
really.....because i was planning to go with my brother....is it not worth it??

what a minute...yea its worth it.....even though thats going to suck that you have to wait 2 hours for a demo....are you serious???

Exile

24-01-2006 13:46:16

I doubt anything will change.. it's all in good spirit.. why do people bash nerds chances to a little booty!

Wolfeman

24-01-2006 14:20:03

[quote76a89dba74="AbSoLuT_xXxEr0"][quote76a89dba74="Wolfeman"]E3 used to be hot babes, reporters, and people that had business there mostly. Now its about 1,000,000 bloggers, a bunch of idiots just looking for free stuff, and some hot babes but you can't get within 100 yards. 2 hours to see a demo is no good...[/quote76a89dba74]
really.....because i was planning to go with my brother....is it not worth it??

what a minute...yea its worth it.....even though thats going to suck that you have to wait 2 hours for a demo....are you serious???[/quote76a89dba74]

Its still worth it, I just liked it when there were less people just seeking freebies and junk. Its still fun as hell...

MyungChunHa

24-01-2006 20:23:48

/\/\/\
i hope so....because i really want to go ( ....