Does anyone's PSP or Video iPod do this?Are mine screwed up?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=31048

mistertomlinson

21-01-2006 03:00:24

Alright, holding the >ll button cuts the iPod off... well 95% of the time it doesn't. I'll hold it for several seconds and my backlight simply turns off (as it is set to do after 2 seconds, however the light doesn't dim when the system is in the process of turning off, so I know when the light dims while I'm holding the >ll button, it is not going to turn off and I am going to have to try again), but the iPod doesn't. So, I'll take my finger off and try it again. I usually have to do this about 10 times before it finally turns off. I have had luck with continuing to hold the >ll after the backlight dims for several seconds and then taking my finger off and doing it again. This usually turns it off in less time. Is anyone else having trouble turning their iPod off? It has done this since the first week I had it (from Trainn) though I haven't dropped it or damaged it in any way.

As for the PSP (from get5friends), often times when I start a game, the character I am comtrolling begins walking in circles even though I am not touching the joystick. It does this with both Grand Theft Auto and Legend of Heroes. So I have tried NOT touching the joystick while the system is loading after first turning it on, but it still happens. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there something wrong? Thanks for any help.

mikedb

21-01-2006 05:45:51

[quote3668377d6f="mistertomlinson"]Alright, holding the >ll button cuts the iPod off... well 95% of the time it doesn't. I'll hold it for several seconds and my backlight simply turns off (as it is set to do after 2 seconds, however the light doesn't dim when the system is in the process of turning off, so I know when the light dims while I'm holding the >ll button, it is not going to turn off and I am going to have to try again), but the iPod doesn't. So, I'll take my finger off and try it again. I usually have to do this about 10 times before it finally turns off. I have had luck with continuing to hold the >ll after the backlight dims for several seconds and then taking my finger off and doing it again. This usually turns it off in less time. Is anyone else having trouble turning their iPod off? It has done this since the first week I had it (from Trainn) though I haven't dropped it or damaged it in any way.
[/quote3668377d6f]

I know there are some know problems are far as turning off the ipod goes. I never had that much trouble, though occasionally in movies it would take a few tries. What i now do, is press pause and hit the hold button when im done. Works perfectly.

Berky34

21-01-2006 06:47:37

[quoted87e89e290="mikedb"][quoted87e89e290="mistertomlinson"]Alright, holding the >ll button cuts the iPod off... well 95% of the time it doesn't. I'll hold it for several seconds and my backlight simply turns off (as it is set to do after 2 seconds, however the light doesn't dim when the system is in the process of turning off, so I know when the light dims while I'm holding the >ll button, it is not going to turn off and I am going to have to try again), but the iPod doesn't. So, I'll take my finger off and try it again. I usually have to do this about 10 times before it finally turns off. I have had luck with continuing to hold the >ll after the backlight dims for several seconds and then taking my finger off and doing it again. This usually turns it off in less time. Is anyone else having trouble turning their iPod off? It has done this since the first week I had it (from Trainn) though I haven't dropped it or damaged it in any way.
[/quoted87e89e290]

I know there are some know problems are far as turning off the iPod goes. I never had that much trouble, though occasionally in movies it would take a few tries. What i now do, is press pause and hit the hold button when im done. Works perfectly.[/quoted87e89e290]
for the PSP i have my own problems of no UMD's loading.... for the iPod i have the same problem and so does my friend, so its not just u.

mrwzk

21-01-2006 08:04:35

put the new software on it for the ipod it fixes some bugs might fix that one

mikedb

21-01-2006 10:11:57

[quotebe6d477186="mrwzk"]put the new software on it for the iPod it fixes some bugs might fix that one[/quotebe6d477186]

unless you have the 60gig... apparently it makes more problems than it fixes.. I have no problems though, and apparently some have none...

mrwzk

21-01-2006 12:33:40

i put the new software i havent noticed any new problems