HALO 2 !?!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=3041

zed2004

10-11-2004 08:55:16

What do you guys think of halo2?

I'm personally not a fan of it....yet.
Right now I think I dislike more about it than I actually like.

Dislikes
---------
1) ALL levels are huge, which makes it [b0dc2cef1c2]extremely [/b0dc2cef1c2]boring to play with even 4 people now. Most likely done purposely so people use XboxLive more to find more players.

2) Weapons. No more pistol. Assault rifle worst weapon. New pistol takes 10 shots to kill someone. Can't throw gernades when dual weilding the weapons.

3) No health, just a shield. There are no more health packs because you can just hide for a minute and your energy/shield regenerates back to full.

4) player can jump to and from anywhere without getting hurt...??

5) whats with the big ass alien sword that kills in one hit?

CollidgeGraduit

10-11-2004 08:57:53

[quote9878d9e7ec]Can't throw gernades when dual weilding the weapons. [/quote9878d9e7ec]

With a gun in each hand, what did you want to throw the grenade with? P

zed2004

10-11-2004 08:59:07

rt...but it becomes a disadvantage quick...especially with the grenade tossing freaks

have you played it? what did you think?

alexvega

10-11-2004 11:37:44

halo2 is cool, just not 100million dollars cool

r2d2_unit

11-11-2004 00:04:49

halo2 is a very good game for LANing and online gaming. thats what it is made for i'm assuming. when you get an online game goin with like 8 people, team slayer, you get some serious action. this is definately one of the best multiplayer games out there. fast paced, great weapons. and yes there is definately a pistol. dual pistols rock!

BlingKing

11-11-2004 05:33:21

The only one i dont like is #3, the no health thing. I've been playing it for 2 days (about 4-5hours) and I'm only level 3 (where you are the covenant guy) on legendary. And the alien sword would kill you with one hit on Halo 1 anyway, but now you actually get to use it.

CollidgeGraduit

11-11-2004 06:02:35

I have played it, but I haven't had the chance to sit down for a marathon gaming session yet.

[u92d8414a5a]Likes[/u92d8414a5a]
Dual-wielding guns
Driving the enemy vehicles
Being able to jack someone's vehicle... VERY COOL.

As far as dislikes, I haven't come up with any yet - but then again, I am a really forgiving gamer. I almost always tend to just enjoy the game for what it is, without focusing on what's wrong with it.

emoemodude

11-11-2004 09:22:41

[quote33996e43bf="CollidgeGraduit"]
Being able to jack someone's vehicle... VERY COOL.
[/quote33996e43bf]
Exactly! When I passed the part where you have to jack the prophets little hover thing and hit him like crazy, that was awesome.

LedFloyd

11-11-2004 14:48:53

Ah Halo... the only thing I've been hearing about at school for the past week. What an over rated parasite of a game...

These are some things I've been hearing at school

"I didn't go to sleep last night" says the sleep deprived Sophomore. "Why's that?" I ask "Because I was playing Hay-lo 2 for 11 hours!!!11"

"Dood! I'm gonna kill sumone if I dont get my Hay-lo 2 today maun!"

"OH MY GAWSH! TWO PISTOLS!!" liShortly after this, he soils and wets himself, but keeps playingli < made up... but adds to the effect that people are so obsessed with this game.

"Hay-loe... 2." The wannabe freshman decided to start a conversation about Halo 2. So he spontaneously said it and the group broke out in conversation.

r2d2_unit

12-11-2004 12:33:35

youre a clown. have you even played halo2? or are you just being jealous because you dont have an xbox? this game is by far better then halo, which i thought was overrated (though i might get shot in some areas for that comment) so what if its a big deal the first week its released? people were wetting themselves over San Andreas just last week. i do believe you havent supported your michael moore-ish statements with any facts,therefor your post is null. kthanks?

zed2004

12-11-2004 13:57:32

ok..first, you dont make any sense.

second, I stated FACTS about the game that I did not like after playing it for the first time. The point of a forum is to discuss things. If you're gonna be a lame ass and talk shit about everyone's post then don't post at all.

r2d2_unit

12-11-2004 16:40:16

[quoteb634caf81a="zed2004"]ok..first, you dont make any sense.

second, I stated FACTS about the game that I did not like after playing it for the first time. The point of a forum is to discuss things. If you're gonna be a lame ass and talk shit about everyone's post then don't post at all.[/quoteb634caf81a]

it prolly doesnt make any sense to you because...
i was directing my comments toward ledfloyd

edit and lets not go making assumptions about the posts i contribute to this forum, because there [ib634caf81a]is[/ib634caf81a] plenty of bitching here, yes, but i dont believe i am one of the ones doing the bitching. thanks for following up and making me explain this to you, though..

LedFloyd

12-11-2004 17:04:59

[quote6191048537="r2d2_unit"]youre a clown. have you even played halo2? or are you just being jealous because you dont have an xbox? this game is by far better then halo, which i thought was overrated (though i might get shot in some areas for that comment) so what if its a big deal the first week its released? people were wetting themselves over San Andreas just last week. i do believe you havent supported your michael moore-ish statements with any facts,therefor your post is null. kthanks?[/quote6191048537]

I'm a clown am I? Hmm... OK. I have played halo 2, and I don't notice much difference from the first. Why would I be jealous over a game that I don't even want?

Michael Moore-ish statements? What are you talking about? I only made up one quote, to add to the humor of the post. Every other one other than the guy who wet himself is what I've heard around school. I just think it's funny that there is such an obsession with one game... that's all. It's not a revolution, it's just a freakin' game.

r2d2_unit

12-11-2004 23:33:13

people who play halo notice quite a difference between the two. i say this because my homie plays like a fiend and he is always my reference when it comes to a lot of stuff, he's an honest guy. okay so maybe calling you a clown was a bit out of hand, but if you arent playing this game for its true purpose then you really shouldnt have anything to say about it. i mean honestly, how much can you say about a game that you've played once or twice at a friends house?

emoemodude

12-11-2004 23:50:25

I beat the game yesterday... Sucky ending but good one to start off for Halo 3.

LedFloyd

13-11-2004 00:48:23

[quotefbf1eeb12d="r2d2_unit"]people who play halo notice quite a difference between the two. i say this because my homie plays like a fiend and he is always my reference when it comes to a lot of stuff, he's an honest guy. okay so maybe calling you a clown was a bit out of hand, but if you arent playing this game for its true purpose then you really shouldnt have anything to say about it. i mean honestly, how much can you say about a game that you've played once or twice at a friends house?[/quotefbf1eeb12d]

Yeah, stupid argument I know... I'm done.

Good night 8)

Zephyr

14-11-2004 16:24:16

[quote33c234b089="zed2004"]What do you guys think of halo2?

I'm personally not a fan of it....yet.
Right now I think I dislike more about it than I actually like.

Dislikes
---------
1) ALL levels are huge, which makes it [b33c234b089]extremely [/b33c234b089]boring to play with even 4 people now. Most likely done purposely so people use XboxLive more to find more players.

2) Weapons. No more pistol. Assault rifle worst weapon. New pistol takes 10 shots to kill someone. Can't throw gernades when dual weilding the weapons.

3) No health, just a shield. There are no more health packs because you can just hide for a minute and your energy/shield regenerates back to full.

4) player can jump to and from anywhere without getting hurt...??

5) whats with the big ass alien sword that kills in one hit?[/quote33c234b089]

1)They aren't all huge... zanzibar, midship, ivory tower, and burial grounds, to name a few.

2) I agree that they shouldn't have messed with the pistol. But the assault rifle owns at medium distances. You can kill someone with 5 well-placed bursts, which takes less time than killing with dual smgs, plasma, or the covanent carbine. Not being able to throw grenades is a trade-off. If you want to throw a nade or smack someone, you have to toss your gun and then go pick it up again right after. Not a big deal.

3)I like this. You can stay alive a lot longer. It pretty much guarantees that in a one on one battle, the winner will get all his health back, so both players are fresh each time.

4) I agree, pretty weird.

5) That sword OWNS. I love it. And what's with it? What do you mean? I'm sure you recognize it from the first Halo... one or two hits killed you in the first game too...

This game was hyped a LOT. I realize. But that is one of the only reasons people are saying bad things about it (the other big one being the fact that the badmouthers are PS2 fanboys). It may have been a dissapointment because it was hyped so much, but even so, it's an extremely fun, kick-ass game.

I quote my friend "This is so fun. Such a big dissapointment, but so fun. I love it."

zed2004

15-11-2004 09:20:52

I played it a good amount now and think it's [bd150f2be29]alright[/bd150f2be29].

going to see how multiplayer is on xboxLive, probably check it out this week.

I've also become a fan of the sword. If you get good at dodging and locking on, you can whoop some serious ass the entire game!

r2d2_unit

15-11-2004 11:25:49

haha yeah the sword is annoying when you start to play online...

emoemodude

15-11-2004 16:42:48

Yea I pretty much used the sword through the whole campain. Even if it ran out I just hit people without the sword. Haha.