invisible??

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=29975

xztiger

07-01-2006 09:22:49

After being referred by someone a site for the invisible sheild i decided to try it. I got it yesterday, and put it on. Its kind of difficult and right now it looks pretty bad, i guess when you put it on make sure you get all the bubbles out before letting it hard, i have bubbles now and its sad, they said it would get better so im hoping that it will. if you know if the bubbles will go away please tell me or anything about this. Anyways its great for protection but its hard to install to make look good. So if yu have one try to take your time, i was rushed im hoping to re-order it if it still looks bad tomorrow and try again. Well if you know anything about this please tell me thanks

CoMpFrEaK

07-01-2006 09:25:25

they will eventually come out

Did you clean your ipod before you put it on?

xztiger

07-01-2006 09:26:27

thanks yeah i did awesome -D yeah if it would just come out it would look great, like its was so clean and shinny and scratch free before

Armstrong

07-01-2006 12:41:44

your supposed to spray the sticky side with a home made liquid (soapy water or something). Then slowly glide the cover on. Finally take a flat surface (similar to the side of a cd case) and starting from the center, push out the bubbles. The liquid will help.

For more info. look up the process for applying vinyl or home window tinting kits.

Allen626

07-01-2006 13:06:54

Yeah you just dap on soapy water. And then I used a CC, I love it. There is one messup but I can not even see it anymore. Got it for my sisters iPod too and damn it is hard to hell to but on all over again.

xztiger

07-01-2006 16:51:31

yeah i did all that -) its starting to look better i hope it goes more

crazyates

07-01-2006 18:46:19

that's the invisible shield? what store did u buy it from and how much was it? i'm assuming u got it online...and i'm lookin at getting one

Veek

07-01-2006 19:00:34

I bought mine off eBay but the idiot sent me the 60GB version when I had ordered the 30GB version. I'm waiting for his reply to my e-mail.

xztiger

07-01-2006 19:07:00

hey dont get it off ebay, it cost way to much i got mine from www.bestskinsever.com its like $7 a lot cheaper, so will it protect from scratches? like theres some scratches on it now that werent their before, i might have done that when i installed it, there not deep or bad, and you cant really notice them but it could of been that i just wonder if it was

Veek

07-01-2006 19:09:16

I saw that website and was considering buying from there. However, it was originally a gift for a friend who saw it on eBay and I didn't want to get him something else than the one he saw. It was a Christmas gift and he had bought it for himself and didn't tell me so I had to keep this one.

crazyates

07-01-2006 19:20:36

[quote3417a003cb="xztiger"]hey dont get it off ebay, it cost way to much i got mine from www.bestskinsever.com its like $7 a lot cheaper, so will it protect from scratches? like theres some scratches on it now that werent their before, i might have done that when i installed it, there not deep or bad, and you cant really notice them but it could of been that i just wonder if it was[/quote3417a003cb]

i find it hard to believe that this site is selling for $7 the exact same thing everyone else is selling for $30. i'm not sure, but this seems like a ripoff and i'm a little sceptacle (i know that's not how u spell it...bite me). You say u actually got it, how does it work? You mentioned scratches that wern't there before...and that dosn't make me any more comftorable buying one....

If this is the exact same thing for a cheaper price...them maybe i'll get one. I just don't want to have to pay $7 and then have to pay the $30 anyways cuz the cheap one broke down or didn't do it's job....

xztiger

07-01-2006 21:04:11

yeah its good, and extreamly fast shipping, it took me 4 days. and i contacted him saying there were bubbles and he said well they should go away but if for any reason they dont ill send you another one free. There were but now that its installed i havent had to worry about getting scratches, its protected now

xztiger

08-01-2006 10:30:35

its looking a LOT better today just one big bubble, but that one is driving me crazy, and i dont think it will go away, is there any way to make it go down, it looks like its not sticking, its at the edge by the wheel, and it wont go, could i re add the formula would that make it go down?

Veek

08-01-2006 10:31:40

I think once air is in there, there is no way to make it "go away" unless it's released.

xztiger

08-01-2006 10:33:13

well its at the edge of the thing where it is released but air just goes right back, its right above the wheel when i press down on it, it goes away but then comes back

xztiger

08-01-2006 10:38:33

alright i re added it and it went down, i hope it lasts -D

crazyates

08-01-2006 17:40:35

sweet...i might just get one...sounds nice

xztiger

08-01-2006 21:07:29

yeah its awesome, looks amazing, the only thing is that bubble came back but its only because i didnt put the sheild on perfect i missed lol