Irc Chat

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=293

Kidd

17-09-2004 16:39:33

im banned for no reason. ive tried to email you about it. is there a way i can be unbanned?

Admin

17-09-2004 18:46:40

AOL is unbanned now...

BD

23-09-2004 14:28:21

Perhaps the admin can assist me with this since I think he also created the IRC freeipod chat channel. I went on the channel just a few times -- actually it was the first time I had ever used IRC -- and then all of a sudden when I tried to log on to it, it said I was banned. Now I did absolutely nothing wrong with the exception of, during my very first use, I sent a PM to BOS trying to ask a question. It was made very clear to me that the PM was not welcome, but I don't think I was banned for that! Especially since I was able to log on a couple of times after that.

Here is what really confuses me. I tried to log on later using different computers, different internet service providers, and different user names (since I don't know why I was banned or feel that it was deserved, I didnt feel it was wrong to try to log on with a different version of my name). It never worked, always saying I was banned.

The only thing in common is that I always used the link from freeipodguide to the IRC because that is the only way I know how to get to the channel. Was there a problem with logging on that way and if so, has it been fixed? I actually uninstalled the IRC software from my computers since I dont really have any interest in it except for the freeipod channel.

I dont mind reinstalling, but dont wont to bother if it still isnt going to let me sign on. And as much as I was annoyed about being banned, I was even more annoyed about 1) not knowing why, 2) not knowing how I could possibly be banned signing on in a different manner in all respects, and 3) even if it were proper to have banned me, why couldnt they ban the fembot or sexbot or whatever it was that kept posting spam during the little time that I was able to log on to the channel. If anyone/anything needed to be banned, it was certainly that!

Fortunately the problem I was having and hoped to discuss with a Gratis rep on the channel was resolved another way, but I am still interested in discussions about these offers and dont understand why I have had trouble logging on.