Christianity

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=28868

nofxowl

21-12-2005 08:17:25

i was just reading in the post about Homosexuality and despite all the positive things i read in that topic, i was consistently overshadowed by bigots and racists, all seemingly proclaiming that because of "GOD" (i will quote that entity) homosexual people are wrong.

Now I'm straight, i have a fiancee, i like women, and i couldn't disagree more with this statement.

I couldn't care less what the "Bible" says about homosexuality, for the "Bible" was a man-made creation just like the Holocaust. Sure it tells you good ideas to live a good life, but it also stresses that the Church should be at the head of your personal payroll.

I don't know how many people out there are aware of the Problem of Evil, but reading that makes me sure that God cannot be all powerful and all good. I can briefly elaborate on that more if anyone would like.

Evil exists in the world that an all powerful being would have the ability to stop if they wanted.
Evil exists in the world that an all good being would attempt to stop.
Evil still exists in the world though...

I'm sorry but i've learned about Philosophy too much to believe in anything that someone else (most likely your parents) told you to believe in at such an early age. And yes I know i "sin" to Christian standards because i really don't care on what they believe.

It seems silly to believe in eternal suffering for one for what they committed in a mortal lifetime. With the exception of Hitler, but still I would argue that Hitler should maybe be done suffering after 134,544,678,543 years or so. Nothing one can do in a mortal time frame could equate justly to an eternity in hell.

(((I'm sorry for this whole ramble, but i hate it when i read posts by ignorant Nugent loving, gun slinging, Bush voting, Church going, bigots who believe that all homosexuals are morally wrong.

Who the F%^& instilled morals anyway? Oh yeah, the Catholic Church at a time it was most corrupt.

JOSHBOX

21-12-2005 08:38:00

wah cry

jadem

21-12-2005 08:47:58

I am highly offended by your post. Just because some people flat out say homosexuality is wrong because Christian beliefs say so, doesn't mean that you can go around and saying how stupid that faith is.

I am a Christian, and while I believe that homosexuality is a sexually immoral sin, so is sex outside of marriage. If you knew ANYTHING about Christianity, you would know that sin (what you may call evil) exists because of Eden.

I would continue to write more but I'm too pissed off right now.

JUNIOR6886

21-12-2005 08:52:04

http//www.thewinds.org/editorial/content/hitler_fist.jpg[" alt=""/imgfb6e7bfc37]

what is this? Sensitive topic week? shock

J4320

21-12-2005 09:02:59

[quotec80a1ccec6="nofxowl"]snipped[/quotec80a1ccec6]

So nothing spiritual exists at all? I guess you'll see when you die. I myself have felt God talking to me and I'm not a psycho or anything. Now with my experiences, there is no way I can say that God doesn't exist.

And I never knew you were a Christian, jadem. D

Veek

21-12-2005 09:05:09

We're off to a bad start already.

agroman

21-12-2005 09:07:50

I'm a warlock and I just cast a hex upon this thread!!!

I have plenty of black mana too, so don't tempt me!!!!

http//www.twilightwhispers.net/bunny.jpg[" alt=""/img0308206422]

J4320

21-12-2005 09:07:59

Well I'm not up for arguing. It's pretty pointless most of the time on the internet. So I'm just saying this - I guess you'll find out when you die.

agroman

21-12-2005 09:10:24

"In the last second of life,
They're gonna show you how,
How they run this show,
And run it into the ground"

Skunk

21-12-2005 09:14:35

It seems to me that nofxowl is the ignorant one in this situation. As a christian and an attender of a catholic school, I am more than willing to defend my faith. All your aspects and perceptions of one person saying homosexuality is wrong in the eyes of God is not the actual fact. There are a lot of contradictions in the bible as I have studied, such as God ordering a "ban" of the land, or a massive wipeout of all living creatures after that land has been conquered by an opposing force. Now, this would seem to go against his commandment, "thou shall not kill". What gives him the right to be hypocritical and act against his sayings. Simply put, one must understand the bible. How was the bible transfigured into a book? It was written down after thousands of years of word of mouth and oral tradition. You have to be stupid (no offense) to believe that personal ideas and beliefs did not somehow manage to slip into there and thus enstow upon other people's minds these things. Simply put, do not let one christian speak for the whole, and you better bet calling a religion stupid you obviously have little to no clue about is going to have some reprecussions, good luck.

shamash

21-12-2005 09:16:13

homo thread = closed for a reason.

J4320

21-12-2005 09:20:45

[quote575c29355c="Skunk"]It seems to me that nofxowl is the ignorant one in this situation. As a christian and an attender of a catholic school, I am more than willing to defend my faith. All your aspects and perceptions of one person saying homosexuality is wrong in the eyes of God is not the actual fact. [b575c29355c]There are a lot of contradictions in the bible as I have studied, such as God ordering a "ban" of the land, or a massive wipeout of all living creatures after that land has been conquered by an opposing force. Now, this would seem to go against his commandment, "thou shall not kill".[/b575c29355c] What gives him the right to be hypocritical and act against his sayings. Simply put, one must understand the bible. How was the bible transfigured into a book? It was written down after thousands of years of word or mouth. You have to be stupid (no offense) to believe that personal ideas and beliefs did not somehow manage to slip into there and thus enstow upon other people's minds these things. Simply put, do not let one christian speak for the whole, and you better bet calling a religion stupid you obviously have little to no clue about is going to have some reprecussions, good luck.[/quote575c29355c]

Well that's because the Israelites wouldn't have been able to survive. The "thou shall not kill" commandment was meant for the Israelites, not for the Gentiles (other people).

And I totally agree with you about one Christian acting retarded and all. That happens a lot and it gives us a bad name. As you know, noone is perfect, even Christians.

The view I was taught to take about gay people was this - Love them as your neighbor, and be nice to them and don't judge or condemn them for their sin. Maybe after you get to know them better, you can talk to them about why they are gay and you can try to stray them away from it.

agroman

21-12-2005 09:29:42

woah, woah, woah....

Remember folks, before you start applying blanket statements about Christianity....

The practices of various Christians is extremely varied. Try comparing the practices of an appalachian snake handler to those of a orthodox catholic. Both call themselves "Christian" but have very different beliefs on certain topics.

Other Christians read other books (apocrypha included in their bibles or seperate books). Gnostics have the Gospel of Thomas. Christian Scientists have the Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures.

Granted, there are a lot of similar key values and views. However, there are sooo many that are interpreted differently by various Christian groups.

J4320

21-12-2005 09:33:15

Yeah, I'm a Baptist Christian pretty much. So if anyone has a question on something they think is contradictory to itself in the Bible, just list it here, and I'll answer it.

johnjimjones

21-12-2005 09:35:38

[quote98dc0185db="J4320"]Well I'm not up for arguing. [b98dc0185db]It's pretty pointless most of the time on the internet.[/b98dc0185db] So I'm just saying this - I guess you'll find out when you die.[/quote98dc0185db]

I'm going to say all the time.

turpentinedreams

21-12-2005 09:47:27

[quote0c5a95f543="J4320"]Yeah, I'm a Baptist Christian pretty much. So if anyone has a question on something they think is contradictory to itself in the Bible, just list it here, and I'll answer it.[/quote0c5a95f543]
http//www.infidels.org/library/modern/jim_meritt/bible-contradictions.html
God good to all, or just a few?

PSA 1459 The LORD is good to all and his tender mercies are over all his works.

JER 1314 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.
War or Peace?

EXO 153 The LORD is a man of war the LORD is his name.

ROM 1533 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.
Who is the father of Joseph?

MAT 116 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

LUK 323 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.
Who was at the Empty Tomb? Is it

MAT 281 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

MAR 161 And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him.

JOH 201 The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.
Is Jesus equal to or lesser than?

JOH 1030 I and my Father are one.

JOH 1428 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father for my Father is greater than I.
Which first--beasts or man?

GEN 125 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind and God saw that it was good.
GEN 126 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

GEN 218 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
GEN 219 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
The number of beasts in the ark

GEN 72 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.

GEN 78 Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth, GEN 79 There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.
How many stalls and horsemen?

KI1 426 And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.

CH2 925 And Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen; whom he bestowed in the chariot cities, and with the king at Jerusalem.
Is it folly to be wise or not?

PRO 47 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom and with all thy getting get understanding.

ECC 118 For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

1 Cor.119 "For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and wil bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."
Human vs. ghostly impregnation

ACT 230 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

MAT 118 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.
The sins of the father

ISA 1421 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.

DEU 2416 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers every man shall be put to death for his own sin.
The bat is not a bird

LEV 1113 And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray,
LEV 1114 And the vulture, and the kite after his kind;
LEV 1115 Every raven after his kind;
LEV 1116 And the owl, and the night hawk, and the cuckow, and the hawk after his kind,
LEV 1117 And the little owl, and the cormorant, and the great owl,
LEV 1118 And the swan, and the pelican, and the gier eagle,
LEV 1119 And the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat.

DEU 1411 Of all clean birds ye shall eat.
DEU 1412 But these are they of which ye shall not eat the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray,
DEU 1413 And the glede, and the kite, and the vulture after his kind,
DEU 1414 And every raven after his kind,
DEU 1415 And the owl, and the night hawk, and the cuckow, and the hawk after his kind,
DEU 1416 The little owl, and the great owl, and the swan,
DEU 1417 And the pelican, and the gier eagle, and the cormorant,
DEU 1418 And the stork, and the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat.
Rabbits do not chew their cud

LEV 116 And the hare, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.

'Gerah', the term which appears in the MT means (chewed) cud, and also perhaps grain, or berry (also a 20th of a sheckel, but I think that we can agree that that is irrelevant here). It does linotli mean dung, and there is a perfectly adequate Hebrew word for that, which could have been used. Furthermore, the phrase translated 'chew the cud' in the KJV is more exactly 'bring up the cud'. Rabbits do not bring up anything; they let it go all the way through, then eat it again. The description given in Leviticus is inaccurate, and that's that. Rabbits do eat their own dung; they do not bring anything up and chew on it.
Insects do NOT have four feet

LEV 1121 Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth upon all four, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the earth;
LEV 1122 Even these of them ye may eat; the locust after his kind, and the bald locust after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, and the grasshopper after his kind.
LEV 1123 But all other flying creeping things, which have four feet, shall be an abomination unto you.
Snails do not melt

PSA 588 As a snail which melteth, let every one of them pass away like the untimely birth of a woman, that they may not see the sun.
Fowl from waters or ground?

GEN 120 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
GEN 121 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind and God saw that it was good.

GEN 219 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
Odd genetic engineering

GEN 3039 And the flocks conceived before the rods, and brought forth cattle ringstraked, speckled, and spotted.
The shape of the earth

ISA 4022 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in

MAT 48 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

Astromical bodies are spherical, and you cannot see the entire exterior surface from anyplace. The kingdoms of Egypt, China, Greece, Crete, sections of Asia Minor, India, Maya (in Mexico), Carthage (North Africa), Rome (Italy), Korea, and other settlements from these kingdoms of the world were widely distributed.
Snakes, while built low, do not eat dirt

GEN 314 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life
Earth supported?

JOB 267 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

JOB 384 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
Heaven supported too

JOB 2611 The pillars of heaven tremble and are astonished at his reproof.

The hydrological cycle

ECC 17 All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.

JOB 3822 Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail,

Storehouses are not part of the cycle
Order of creation

Here is the order in the first (Genesis 1), the Priestly tradition

Day 1 Sky, Earth, light
Day 2 Water, both in ocean basins and above the sky(!)
Day 3 Plants
Day 4 Sun, Moon, stars (as calendrical and navigational aids)
Day 5 Sea monsters (whales), fish, birds, land animals, creepy-crawlies (reptiles, insects, etc.)
Day 6 Humans (apparently both sexes at the same time)
Day 7 Nothing (the Gods took the first day off anyone ever did)

Note that there are "days," "evenings," and "mornings" before the Sun was created. Here, the Deity is referred to as "Elohim," which is a plural, thus the literal translation, "the Gods." In this tale, the Gods seem satisfied with what they have done, saying after each step that "it was good."

The second one (Genesis 2), the Yahwist tradition, goes

Earth and heavens (misty)
Adam, the first man (on a desolate Earth)
Plants
Animals
Eve, the first woman (from Adam's rib)

How orderly were things created?
#1 Step-by-step. The only discrepancy is that there is no Sun or Moon or stars on the first three "days."
#2 God fixes things up as he goes. The first man is lonely, and is not satisfied with animals. God finally creates a woman for him. (funny thing that an omniscient god would forget things)

How satisfied with creation was he?
#1 God says "it was good" after each of his labors, and rests on the seventh day, evidently very satisfied.
#2 God has to fix up his creation as he goes, and he would certainly not be very satisfied with the disobedience of that primordial couple. (funny thing that an omniscient god would forget things)
Moses' personality

Num.123 "Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the fact of the earth."

Num.3114, 17, 18 "And Moses was wroth...And Moses said unto them, "Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman, ... But all the women children ... keep alive for yourselves."
Righteous live?

Ps.9212 "The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree."

Isa.571 "The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart."

Acts 118 "Now this man (Judas) purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out."

Matt. 275-7 "And he (Judas) cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself. And the chief priests...bought with them the potter's field."
Jesus' first sermon plain or mount?

Matt.51,2 "And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain and when he was set, his disciples came unto him And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying...."
Luke617,20 "And he came down with them, and stood in the plain, and the company of his disciples, and a great multitude of people...came to hear him.. And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples and said..."
Jesus' last words

Matt.2746,50 "And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to say, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" ...Jesus, when he cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost."

Luke2346 "And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, "Father, unto thy hands I commend my spirit" and having said thus, he gave up the ghost."

John1930 "When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, "It is finished" and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."
Years of famine

II SAMUEL 2413 So God came to David, and told him, and said unto him, shall SEVEN YEARS OF FAMINE come unto thee in thy land? or will thou flee three months before thine enemies, while they pursue. thee?

I CHRONICLES 2111 SO God came to David, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Choose thee. Either THREE YEARS OF FAMINE or three months to be destryed before thy foes, while that the sword of thine enemies overtaketh thee;
Moved David to anger?

II SAMUEL 24 And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Isreal and Judah.

I CHRONICLES 21 And SATAN stood up against Isreal, and provoked David to number Israel.
The GENEALOGY OF JESUS?

In two places in the New Testament the genealogy of Jesus son of Mary (PBUH) is mentioned. Matthew 16-16 and Luke 323-31. Each gives the ancestors of Joseph the CLAIMED husband of Mary and Step father of Jesus(PBUH). The first one starts from Abraham(verse 2) all the way down to Jesus. The second one from Jesus all the way back to Adam. The only common name to these two lists between David and Jesus is JOSEPH, How can this be true? and also How can Jesus have a genealogy when all Muslims and most Christians believe that Jesus had/has no father.
God be seen?

Exod. 249,10; Amos 91; Gen. 262; and John 149
God CAN be seen
"And I will take away my hand, and thou shalt see my backparts." (Ex. 3323)
"And the Lord spake to Moses face to face, as a man speaketh to his friend." (Ex. 3311)
"For I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." (Gen. 3230)

God CANNOT be seen
"No man hath seen God at any time." (John 118)
"And he said, Thou canst not see my face; for there shall no man see me and live." (Ex. 3320)
"Whom no man hath seen nor can see." (1 Tim. 616)
CRUEL, UNMERCIFUL, DESTRUCTIVE, and FEROCIOUS or KIND, MERCIFUL, and GOOD

"I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy." (Jer. 1314) "Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not, but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling."

"The Lord is very pitiful and of tender mercy." (James 511)
"For his mercy endureth forever." (1 Chron. 1634)
"The Lord is good to all, and his tender mercies are over all his works." (Ps. 1459)
"God is love." (1 John 416)
Tempts?

"And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham." (Gen 221)

"Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God; for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man." (James 113)
Judas died how?

"And he cast down the pieces of silver into the temple and departed, and went out and hanged himself." (Matt. 275)

"And falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all of his bowels gushed out." (Acts 118)
Ascend to heaven

"And Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven." (2 Kings 211)

"No man hath ascended up to heaven but he that came down from heaven, ... the Son of Man." (John 313)
What was Jesus' prediction regarding Peter's denial?

Before the cock crow - Matthew 2634

Before the cock crow twice - Mark 1430
How many times did the cock crow?

MAR 1472 And the second time the cock crew. And Peter called to mind the word that Jesus said unto him, Before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. And when he thought thereon, he wept.

MAT 2674 Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man. And immediately the cock crew.
MAT 2675 And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.

LUK 2260 And Peter said, Man, I know not what thou sayest. And immediately, while he yet spake, the cock crew.
LUK 2261 And the Lord turned, and looked upon Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how he had said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

JOH 1338 Jesus answered him, Wilt thou lay down thy life for my sake? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, The cock shall not crow, still thou hast denied me thrice.

JOH 1827 Peter then denied again and immediately the cock crew.
Who killed Saul

SA1 314 Then said Saul unto his armourbearer, Draw thy sword, and thrust me through therewith; lest these uncircumcised come and thrust me through, and abuse me. But his armourbearer would not; for he was sore afraid. Therefore Saul took a sword, and fell upon it.
SA1 315 And when his armourbearer saw that Saul was dead, he fell likewise upon his sword, and died with him.
SA1 316 So Saul died, and his three sons, and his armourbearer, and all his men, that same day together.
SA2 115 And David called one of the young men, and said, Go near, and fall upon him. And he smote him that he died.
How many beatitudes in the Sermon on the Mount

MAT 53 Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
MAT 54 Blessed are they that mourn for they shall be comforted.
MAT 55 Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth.
MAT 56 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness for they shall be filled.
MAT 57 Blessed are the merciful for they shall obtain mercy.
MAT 58 Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God.
MAT 59 Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the children of God.
MAT 510 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
MAT 511 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

LUK 620 And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor for yours is the kingdom of God.
LUK 621 Blessed are ye that hunger now for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now for ye shall laugh.
LUK 622 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
LUK 623 Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy for, behold, your reward is great in heaven for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.
Does every man sin?

KI1 846 If they sin against thee, (for there is no man that sinneth not,) and thou be angry with them, and deliver them to the enemy, so that they carry them away captives unto the land of the enemy, far or near;

CH2 636 If they sin against thee, (for there is no man which sinneth not,) and thou be angry with them, and deliver them over before their enemies, and they carry them away captives unto a land far off or near;

PRO 209 Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?

ECC 720 For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

JO1 18 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
JO1 19 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
JO1 110 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

JO1 39 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
Who bought potter's field

ACT 118 Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.
ACT 119 And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood.

MAT 276 And the chief priests took the silver pieces, and said, It is not lawful for to put them into the treasury, because it is the price of blood.
MAT 277 And they took counsel, and bought with them the potter's field, to bury strangers in.
MAT 278 Wherefore that field was called, The field of blood, unto this day.
Who prophesied the potter's field?

Matthew 279-10 (mentions Jeremy but no such verse in Jeremiah) is in Zechariah 1112-13
Who bears guilt?

GAL 62 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

GAL 65 For every man shall bear his own burden.
Do you answer a fool?

PRO 264 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

PRO 265 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.
How many children did Michal, the daughter of Saul, have?

SA2 623 Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death.

SA2 218 But the king took the two sons of Rizpah the daughter of Aiah, whom she bare unto Saul, Armoni and Mephibosheth; and the five sons of Michal the daughter of Saul, whom she brought up for Adriel the son of Barzillai the Meholathite
How old was Jehoiachin when he began to reign?

KI2 248 Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem three months. And his mother's name was Nehushta, the daughter of Elnathan of Jerusalem.

CH2 369 Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem and he did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD.
Marriage?

Proverbs 1822
1 Corinthians 7 (whole book. See 1,2,27,39,40)
Did those with Saul/Paul at his conversion hear a voice?

ACT 97 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.

ACT 229 And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me.
Where was Jesus three days after his baptism?

MAR 112 And immediately the spirit driveth him into the wilderness.

JOH 135 Again the next day after John stood, and two of his disciples;

(various trapsing)
How many apostles were in office between the resurection and ascention?

1 Corinthians 155 (12)
Matthew 273-5 (minus one from 12)
Acts 19-26 (Mathias not elected until after resurrection)

MAT 2816 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
Judging

1 Cor 215 "The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment" (NIV)

1 Cor 45 "Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God."
Good deeds

Matt 516 "In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." (NIV)

Matt 63-4 "But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secert. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." (NIV)
For or against?

MAT 1230 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.
(default is against)

MAR 940 For he that is not against us is on our part.
(default is for)

LUK 950 And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not for he that is not against us is for us.
(default is for)
Whom did they see at the tomb?

MAT 282 And, behold, there was a great earthquake for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.
MAT 283 His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow
MAT 284 And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men.
MAT 285 And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.

MAR 165 And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted.

LUK 244 And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments

JOH 2012 And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.
God change?

malachi 36
james 117
1 samuel 1529
jonah 310
genesis 66
Destruction of cities (what said was jeremiah was zechariah)

MAT 279 Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him that was valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value;

zechariah 1111-13
(nothing in Jeremiah remotely like)
Who's sepulchers

acts 716
genesis 2317,18
Strong drink?

proverbs 316,7
john 211-11
When second coming?

MAT 2434 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

MAR 1330 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

LUK 2132 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

1 thessalonians 415-18
Solomon's overseers

550 in I Kings 923
250 in II Chron 810
The mother of Abijah

Maachah the daughter of Absalom 2 Chron 920

Michaiah the daughter of Uriel 2 Chron 132
When did Baasha die?

26th year of the reign of Asa I Kings 166-8

36th year of the reign of Asa I 2 Chron 161
How old was Ahaziah when he began to reign?

22 in 2 Kings 826

42 in 2 Chron 222
Who was Josiah's successor?

Jehoahaz - 2 Chron 361

Shallum - Jeremiah 2211
The differences in the census figures of Ezra and Nehemiah.
What was the color of the robe placed on Jesus during his trial?

scarlet - Matthew 2728

purple John 192
What did they give him to drink?

vinegar - Matthew 2734

wine with myrrh - Mark 1523
How long was Jesus in the tomb?

Depends where you look; Matthew 1240 gives Jesus prophesying that he will spend "three days and three nights in the heart of the earth," and Mark 1034 has "after three days (meta treis emeras) he will rise again." As far as I can see from a quick look, the prophecies have "after three days," but the post-Resurrection narratives have "on the third day."
Books on X

shamash

21-12-2005 09:49:17

2long2read.skipped

phoebe7

21-12-2005 09:54:50

[quote6f414cbd07="J4320"]The view I was taught to take about gay people was this - Love them as your neighbor, and [b6f414cbd07]be nice to them and don't judge [/b6f414cbd07]or condemn them for their sin. Maybe after you get to know them better, you can talk to them about why they are gay and you can [b6f414cbd07]try to stray them away from it[/b6f414cbd07].[/quote6f414cbd07]

I don't think anyone should enforce their religious beliefs on someone else. You can say that you think it (homosexuality) is wrong because of your religion, but wow, how can you say be nice, don't judge, become their friend, and then turn around and try to "stray them away from it". I think that is wrong. ? People are who they are, it isn't [b6f414cbd07]my[/b6f414cbd07] place to judge, [b6f414cbd07]my[/b6f414cbd07] place to say they are going to hell, or [b6f414cbd07]my[/b6f414cbd07] place to stray them away from anything that makes them happy and who they are.

doylnea

21-12-2005 09:55:19

[WARNING]
If you guys turn this into another bashing thread like the Homosexuality thread, this one will be locked as well.
[/WARNING}

shamash

21-12-2005 09:56:49

i think that this thread should be locked if the homosexuality one is.

they're completely different topics with the same amount of bashing.

Airkat

21-12-2005 10:02:55

Good read haha. I was brought up to be religious, and ran as far away I could when I got old enough. IMO it's BS. The people who preach this are hipocritical. The bible has too many inconsistancies, and yes it was written by man.

There are even books of the bible that were "taken" out (the apocrypha).. so what, god said these words, and hired editors? Who is to say that more isn't missing?

Sure it's great to have something to "fear" and elad you to lead the perfect life, but cmon now...

J4320

21-12-2005 10:03:56

[quote37ff52f9b1="phoebe7"][quote37ff52f9b1="J4320"]The view I was taught to take about gay people was this - Love them as your neighbor, and [b37ff52f9b1]be nice to them and don't judge [/b37ff52f9b1]or condemn them for their sin. Maybe after you get to know them better, you can talk to them about why they are gay and you can [b37ff52f9b1]try to stray them away from it[/b37ff52f9b1].[/quote37ff52f9b1]

I don't think anyone should enforce their religious beliefs on someone else. You can say that you think it (homosexuality) is wrong because of your religion, but wow, how can you say be nice, don't judge, become their friend, and then turn around and try to "stray them away from it". I think that is wrong. ? People are who they are, it isn't [b37ff52f9b1]my[/b37ff52f9b1] place to judge, [b37ff52f9b1]my[/b37ff52f9b1] place to say they are going to hell, or [b37ff52f9b1]my[/b37ff52f9b1] place to stray them away from anything that makes them happy and who they are.[/quote37ff52f9b1]

There's nothing wrong with talking to someone about their sexual preference.

And turpentinedreams, there is no way I'm gonna answer all of that, but I read a few, and a lot of them are not interpreted right, and some, I don't understand and I'd have to look into, and some really do look like contradictions.

slease

21-12-2005 10:34:18

all atheists don't feel like this asshole. to each their own and don't shit on other peoples beliefs.

EatChex89

21-12-2005 10:34:45

let me just say. you can't pick and pull verses out of the bible

you have to take the WHOLE thing into context.

thats what so many people do.. they take one verse and take another verse and say "omg they contradict!"

but why don't you read before?? Why don't you try to find out what those verses are talking about??

It's like you saying something, and me taking two pieces of your speech and putting them together and then saying "OMG You contradicted yourself".

But yea thats all I have here. I'm not going to reply in this thread anymore unless I need to. Which I probably won't.

Nimh

21-12-2005 10:55:25

I'm not Christian, I'm agnostic, but the one thing I've noticed about a lot of the "contradictions" is that they occur between two of the Gospels. Most people know that there are four Gospels, and they're usually attributed to four different people. Because different people wrote them, things like the father of Joseph can easily be attributed to the fact that the writers did not get together to get their facts straight. So they wrote different accounts of what happened. Plus, it's usually accepted that the Gospels were written, I want to say either around 70 A.D. or 70 years after his death, I don't remember which. This could also account for some of problems at least in the New Testament. Christians tend to, incorrectly, throw out the Old Testment as well so they don't have to deal with problems between the two texts.

Airkat

21-12-2005 10:57:54

I've heard that argument too, anyone care to give the context of atleast one of the contradictions above?

Jake

21-12-2005 11:02:35

[quote337036aac1="J4320"]

[/quote337036aac1]

Agreed but you suggested trying to change their ways, which can be interpreted as judging them. That, in my opinion, is wrong.

We are in no position to judge one another because none of us are perfect.

There is only one person/being/whatever in that position right?

J4320

21-12-2005 11:19:34

[quotee1028c170a="Jake"][quotee1028c170a="J4320"]

[/quotee1028c170a]

Agreed but you suggested trying to change their ways, which can be interpreted as judging them. That, in my opinion, is wrong.

We are in no position to judge one another because none of us are perfect.

There is only one person/being/whatever in that position right?[/quotee1028c170a]

Yeah, in my religion, God.

I really don't see anything wrong with trying to change someone's ways as long as you're not being harmful about it.

Veek

21-12-2005 11:22:59

[quote0e98e67998="J4320"]

I really don't see anything wrong with trying to change someone's ways as long as you're not being harmful about it.[/quote0e98e67998]

But God created humans and created each person individually. Why would YOU want to change anyone. You have no call in what a person should be or how a person should live their life. YOU are not God.

Get my point?

ConfusedPigeon

21-12-2005 11:24:06

[quote3cd083eadc="nofxowl"]i was just reading in the post about Homosexuality and despite all the positive things i read in that topic, i was consistently overshadowed by bigots and racists, all seemingly proclaiming that because of "GOD" (i will quote that entity) homosexual people are wrong.

Now I'm straight, i have a fiancee, i like women, and i couldn't disagree more with this statement.

I couldn't care less what the "Bible" says about homosexuality, for the "Bible" was a man-made creation just like the Holocaust. Sure it tells you good ideas to live a good life, but it also stresses that the Church should be at the head of your personal payroll.

I don't know how many people out there are aware of the Problem of Evil, but reading that makes me sure that God cannot be all powerful and all good. I can briefly elaborate on that more if anyone would like.

Evil exists in the world that an all powerful being would have the ability to stop if they wanted.
Evil exists in the world that an all good being would attempt to stop.
Evil still exists in the world though...

I'm sorry but i've learned about Philosophy too much to believe in anything that someone else (most likely your parents) told you to believe in at such an early age. And yes I know i "sin" to Christian standards because i really don't care on what they believe.

It seems silly to believe in eternal suffering for one for what they committed in a mortal lifetime. With the exception of Hitler, but still I would argue that Hitler should maybe be done suffering after 134,544,678,543 years or so. Nothing one can do in a mortal time frame could equate justly to an eternity in hell.

(((I'm sorry for this whole ramble, but i hate it when i read posts by ignorant Nugent loving, gun slinging, Bush voting, Church going, bigots who believe that all homosexuals are morally wrong.

Who the F%^& instilled morals anyway? Oh yeah, the Catholic Church at a time it was most corrupt.[/quote3cd083eadc]

God created us with free will, he can do anything, but he choses not to. It's much more fun to watch us make decisions than to control a bunch of robots. He wants us to decide to worship him, it pleases him more than a bunch of "machines" that worship him.

J4320

21-12-2005 11:28:18

[quote5c1a0608f8="Veek"][quote5c1a0608f8="J4320"]

I really don't see anything wrong with trying to change someone's ways as long as you're not being harmful about it.[/quote5c1a0608f8]

But God created humans and created each person individually. Why would YOU want to change anyone. You have no call in what a person should be or how a person should live their life. YOU are not God.

Get my point?[/quote5c1a0608f8]

Well God designed humans to be heterosexual and it is against what God wants for you to have a partner of the same sex. So it is helping God to change someone like that. I am not God, but God works through me.

GBuntitled

21-12-2005 11:29:29

HAHA...I seriously laugh everytime I hear that.

Veek

21-12-2005 11:30:36

[quote61a88898e1="J4320"]
Well God designed humans to be heterosexual and it is against what God wants for you to have a partner of the same sex. So it is helping God to change someone like that. [b61a88898e1]I am not God, but God works through me.[/b61a88898e1][/quote61a88898e1]

How do you know God wants to change people? Even if humans were "designed to be heterosexual," how do you know God isn't accepting of what people choose to do with their lives?

cartrenroy

21-12-2005 11:32:13

[quote547f190fa2="ConfusedPigeon"]
God created us with free will, he can do anything, but he choses not to. It's much more fun to watch us make decisions than to control a bunch of robots. He wants us to decide to worship him, it pleases him more than a bunch of "machines" that worship him.[/quote547f190fa2]

Thats true, God created us BUT we take our own decisions (good or bad), we can either do the good or the bad, thats up to us.

Airkat

21-12-2005 11:32:34

They don't, and everyone who claims to know are dillusional.

cartrenroy

21-12-2005 11:32:45

[quotef46711e1f3="Veek"][quotef46711e1f3="J4320"]
Well God designed humans to be heterosexual and it is against what God wants for you to have a partner of the same sex. So it is helping God to change someone like that. [bf46711e1f3]I am not God, but God works through me.[/bf46711e1f3][/quotef46711e1f3]

How do you know God wants to change people? Even if humans were "designed to be heterosexual," how do you know God isn't accepting of what people choose to do with their lives?[/quotef46711e1f3]

Thats why we have wars, sickness, etc
Humans will never be perfect, because thats the way we are, we always want more - I don't know if this is a good example but who cares - Woman was not enough for man, and Man was not enough for woman - Thats why we have Homosexual people - and thats just the way WE are, which is wrong BUT again GOD created you BUT you are 100% responsable for what you do

Veek

21-12-2005 11:34:18

[quote4f9ac8cd24="cartrenroy"][quote4f9ac8cd24="Veek"][quote4f9ac8cd24="J4320"]
Well God designed humans to be heterosexual and it is against what God wants for you to have a partner of the same sex. So it is helping God to change someone like that. [b4f9ac8cd24]I am not God, but God works through me.[/b4f9ac8cd24][/quote4f9ac8cd24]

How do you know God wants to change people? Even if humans were "designed to be heterosexual," how do you know God isn't accepting of what people choose to do with their lives?[/quote4f9ac8cd24]

Thats why we have wars, sickness, etc[/quote4f9ac8cd24]

Elaborate.

J4320

21-12-2005 11:35:36

[quote840bc0342c="Veek"][quote840bc0342c="J4320"]
Well God designed humans to be heterosexual and it is against what God wants for you to have a partner of the same sex. So it is helping God to change someone like that. [b840bc0342c]I am not God, but God works through me.[/b840bc0342c][/quote840bc0342c]

How do you know God wants to change people? Even if humans were "designed to be heterosexual," how do you know God isn't accepting of what people choose to do with their lives?[/quote840bc0342c]

Because it says in the Bible. It tells us that God is against homosexuality. He doesn't want people to be like that, but he isn't going to kill you because you're a homo. God gives you the free will to be what you want to be, there might be consequences later in life though.

agroman

21-12-2005 11:37:03

[quoteaf0c81f2b4="J4320"]Because it says in the Bible.[/quoteaf0c81f2b4]

Quote it for us.

J4320

21-12-2005 11:38:15

Go find it yourself. I'm not gonna spend all day looking up verses.

cartrenroy

21-12-2005 11:38:17

[quotedc9c6d0b18="agroman"][quotedc9c6d0b18="J4320"]Because it says in the Bible.[/quotedc9c6d0b18]

Quote it for us.[/quotedc9c6d0b18]

It doesn't say (exactly) - GOD doesn't like HOMOSEXUALS or God created humas to be Heterosexuals, you have to read the bible to understand

Veek

21-12-2005 11:41:09

[quote99c700fc8b="J4320"][quote99c700fc8b="Veek"]

How do you know God wants to change people? Even if humans were "designed to be heterosexual," how do you know God isn't accepting of what people choose to do with their lives?[/quote99c700fc8b]

Because it says in the Bible. It tells us that God is against homosexuality. He doesn't want people to be like that, but he isn't going to kill you because you're a homo. God gives you the free will to be what you want to be, there might be consequences later in life though.[/quote99c700fc8b]

Interesting. I've lived for 20 years of my life, and like everyone I know, I've had difficulties during my life. Never anything to do with me being gay. I can't predict the future, but anything God decides to do with me is because of my character, not because of which sex I choose to love.

Like you, I believe in God, I worship God and Jesus and have studied the bible some. I am Catholic. However, I will not let my personal beliefs be changed by someone else. Ever. I am who I am and I love myself for it. I love that I'm not scared of showing anyone who I am. And so far, EVERYONE has been accepting. Everyone. I've never lost a friend or made an enemy because my beliefs, what I think about God, homosexuality, or religion.

So would you rather have a homosexual that DOESN'T believe in God, or a homosexual who worships the person you dedicate your life to?

It's a bit tricky.

agroman

21-12-2005 11:42:50

[quote79f99d0400="cartrenroy"][quote79f99d0400="agroman"][quote79f99d0400="J4320"]Because it says in the Bible.[/quote79f99d0400]

Quote it for us.[/quote79f99d0400]

It doesn't say (exactly) - GOD doesn't like HOMOSEXUALS or God created humas to be Heterosexuals, you have to read the bible to understand[/quote79f99d0400]

HA! Just as I suspected!!! roll

thehacker010

21-12-2005 11:44:22

Leviticus 1822, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind it is abomination."

Leviticus 2013, "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

There are many more of them.....

J4320

21-12-2005 11:47:15

This page has some verses on it -

http//www.porn-free.org/homosexual_God.htm

Lol, porn-free.org. lol

And Veek -

I'd rather have a homosexual who worships the person I dedicate my life to.

If he really loved and worshipped God, he would be convicted of his sin and he would turn away from homosexuality.

Jake

21-12-2005 11:48:23

[quote81978bee3f="thehacker010"]Leviticus 1822, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind it is abomination."

Leviticus 2013, "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."
[/quote81978bee3f]

Leviticus is full of all kinds of insanity. You could probably interpret statements out of that book in a way that would allow you to kill people. Hence, why it should not be taken too seriously.

Veek

21-12-2005 11:50:04

[quote394f4fd609="J4320"]This page has some verses on it -

Lol, porn-free.org. lol

And Veek -

[b394f4fd609]If he really loved and worshipped God, he would be convicted of his sin and he would turn away from homosexuality.[/b394f4fd609][/quote394f4fd609]

You are aware of the conversation on homosexuality and how gay people CAN'T change from homosexuality to heterosexuality with a snap of a finger, or click of a button. Right?

JUNIOR6886

21-12-2005 11:50:52

[quote3efe12351c="LucaBella"]God I wish someone could keep Cartrenroy away from a keyboard.[/quote3efe12351c]

D nothing in the bibile suggests that god hates gays.... many who have read the bible however would come to the conslusion that homosexuality is viewed as something vile and repugnant in Gods eyes...

You gotta be careful with word usage in issues like this.....

cartrenroy

21-12-2005 11:51:42

[quote1aed486db6]You are aware of the conversation on homosexuality and how gay people CAN'T change from homosexuality to heterosexuality with a snap of a finger, or click of a button. Right?[/quote1aed486db6]

Thats not possible, nobody will change the way they are JUSt becuase others want to
Is up to you

J4320

21-12-2005 11:52:40

[quote0448594f63="Veek"][quote0448594f63="J4320"]This page has some verses on it -

Lol, porn-free.org. lol

And Veek -

[b0448594f63]If he really loved and worshipped God, he would be convicted of his sin and he would turn away from homosexuality.[/b0448594f63][/quote0448594f63]

You are aware of the conversation on homosexuality and how gay people CAN'T change from homosexuality to heterosexuality with a snap of a finger, or click of a button. Right?[/quote0448594f63]

I never said it could be through a snap of a finger. It can happen though.

And Jake, Leviticus was made for the Israelites and it is not something us Christians follow. Leviticus is a historical account of Jewish law, and like I said, it's not something us Christians follow.

Jake

21-12-2005 11:56:59

[quote61800482d0="J4320"]

And Jake, Leviticus was made for the Israelites and it is not something us Christians follow. Leviticus is a historical account of Jewish law, and like I said, it's not something us Christians follow.[/quote61800482d0]

So where do your feelings about homosexuals stem from?

Christ said, " All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them. Matthew 712

No qualifiers there...

Veek

21-12-2005 11:57:00

[quoteb18c6e9fdb="J4320"][quoteb18c6e9fdb="Veek"][quoteb18c6e9fdb="J4320"]This page has some verses on it -

Lol, porn-free.org. lol

And Veek -

[bb18c6e9fdb]If he really loved and worshipped God, he would be convicted of his sin and he would turn away from homosexuality.[/bb18c6e9fdb][/quoteb18c6e9fdb]

You are aware of the conversation on homosexuality and how gay people CAN'T change from homosexuality to heterosexuality with a snap of a finger, or click of a button. Right?[/quoteb18c6e9fdb]

[bb18c6e9fdb]I never said it could be through a snap of a finger. It can happen though.[/bb18c6e9fdb]

And Jake, Leviticus was made for the Israelites and it is not something us Christians follow. Leviticus is a historical account of Jewish law, and like I said, it's not something us Christians follow.[/quoteb18c6e9fdb]

I don't understand how heterosexual men think that it's easy to change from homosexual to heterosexual. Put your manhood aside and actually think, could YOU change to homosexual if you wanted to, if you REALLY tried? Don't get your religion involved, or how you wouldn't because it's "religiously wrong," just honestly think.

thehacker010

21-12-2005 12:01:11

[quote1facc15d26="Jake"]So where do your feelings about homosexuals stem from?

Christ said, " All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them. Matthew 712

No qualifiers there...[/quote1facc15d26]

I don't quite understand why you are quoting a verse that says do to others what you would have them do to you.

Veek, it is impossible for a homosexual to change his/her entire life style by him/herself. However, it is possible through Christ Jesus. It takes time, but I have seen it...

J4320

21-12-2005 12:03:40

[quote66c46dcb2a="Jake"][quote66c46dcb2a="J4320"]

And Jake, Leviticus was made for the Israelites and it is not something us Christians follow. Leviticus is a historical account of Jewish law, and like I said, it's not something us Christians follow.[/quote66c46dcb2a]

So where do your feelings about homosexuals stem from?

No qualifiers there...[/quote66c46dcb2a]

So Jesus is saying there - Do to others what you would have them do to you. He's implying to treat people how you would want to be treated. So yeah, I treat homosexuals how I would want to be treated, I love them and I don't judge them.

And Veek, that's a good comment. It'd be extremely hard for me because I have no feelings for other men like that. I can see what you mean about that. All aside from religion, that would be hard. But with religion, God could help you to be different than that. God could help you with your homosexuality.

Jake

21-12-2005 12:04:25

[quote233fd620bf="thehacker010"]
I don't quite understand why you are quoting a verse that says do to others what you would have them do to you.[/quote233fd620bf]

The statement essentially means that all people are equal and should be treated as such - no exceptions for homosexuals, non-Christians, etc etc.

[quote233fd620bf="J3420"]
So Jesus is saying there - Do to others what you would have them do to you. He's implying to treat people how you would want to be treated. So yeah, I treat homosexuals how I would want to be treated, I love them and I don't judge them.[/quote233fd620bf]

But trying to change them could be interpreted as being judgemental.

J4320

21-12-2005 12:07:28

[quote7aecf3cb38="Jake"][quote7aecf3cb38="thehacker010"]
I don't quite understand why you are quoting a verse that says do to others what you would have them do to you.[/quote7aecf3cb38]

The statement essentially means that all people are equal and should be treated as such - no exceptions for homosexuals, non-Christians, etc etc.[/quote7aecf3cb38]

You're right. There is no excuse for making fun or being wrong to homosexuals. And that's where a lot of Christians go wrong. They make the situation worse.

agroman

21-12-2005 12:07:52

[quote9857abef96="Jake"][quote9857abef96="thehacker010"]Leviticus 1822, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind it is abomination."

[/quote9857abef96]

Leviticus is full of all kinds of insanity. You could probably interpret statements out of that book in a way that would allow you to kill people. Hence, why it should not be taken too seriously.[/quote9857abef96]

No kidding. Do you all live according to Jewish Priest code?

Leviticus 1819, "Do not approach a woman to have sexual relations during the uncleanness of her monthly period."

I'm going straight to hell. Sex on the rag relieves her cramps! So... uh?

Leviticus 39, "Of all the creatures living in the water of the seas and the streams, you may eat any that have fins and scales."

Have you eaten oysters or scallops? OMG! you're going straight to hell!

Most of it is Jewish law.

Veek

21-12-2005 12:08:07

[quotefe1ab9c37d="J4320"]

And Veek, that's a good comment. It'd be extremely hard for me because I have no feelings for other men like that. I can see what you mean about that. All aside from religion, that would be hard. But with religion, God could help you to be different than that. God could help you with your homosexuality.[/quotefe1ab9c37d]

But I don't need help. I'm completely happy with myself, and I love myself. I love people even if they're not accepting. There is not point on disliking people or hating people, because I would not liked to be hated. I believe God created me and allowed me to make my own decisions for my own life. Only he will judge if I did wrong in my life, so I can't allow people, who often use religion to cover up their poor excuses for disliking homosexuality, try to tell me otherwise. It's just not possible. However, respect everyones religion and believe in God myself. I just don't find it respectful for people to dislike homosexuals and THEN use religion to cover up their hatred.

J4320

21-12-2005 12:12:16

[quoteb362df9cae="agroman"][quoteb362df9cae="Jake"][quoteb362df9cae="thehacker010"]Leviticus 1822, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind it is abomination."

[/quoteb362df9cae]

Leviticus is full of all kinds of insanity. You could probably interpret statements out of that book in a way that would allow you to kill people. Hence, why it should not be taken too seriously.[/quoteb362df9cae]

Leviticus 1819, "Do not approach a woman to have sexual relations during the uncleanness of her monthly period."

Leviticus 39, "Of all the creatures living in the water of the seas and the streams, you may eat any that have fins and scales."

Most of it is Jewish law.[/quoteb362df9cae]

We've been over that. Go read my other posts in here.

And Veek, are you homosexual? I don't understand how they are hurting people or anything. That's why I really find this a hard subject with religion. If it were up to me, I wouldn't really care. It's them, not me. But I honor God's laws so I am against it.

thehacker010

21-12-2005 12:14:57

Enough with the Leviticus stuff already! People were asking for a quote from the Bible, so I quoted Leviticus...

Would quotes from the New Testiment make you happy?

Veek

21-12-2005 12:14:59

[quoted6ac89719c="J4320"]

And Veek, are you homosexual? I don't understand how they are hurting people or anything. That's why I really find this a hard subject with religion. If it were up to me, I wouldn't really care. It's them, not me. But I honor God's laws so I am against it.[/quoted6ac89719c]

If you have to ask if I'm homosexual, then you've haven't really been reading my posts. ( wink

agroman

21-12-2005 12:15:25

[quote5637b6be55="J4320"][quote5637b6be55="agroman"][quote5637b6be55="Jake"][quote5637b6be55="thehacker010"]Leviticus 1822, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind it is abomination."

[/quote5637b6be55]

Leviticus is full of all kinds of insanity. You could probably interpret statements out of that book in a way that would allow you to kill people. Hence, why it should not be taken too seriously.[/quote5637b6be55]

Most of it is Jewish law.[/quote5637b6be55]

We've been over that. Go read my other posts in here.
[/quote5637b6be55]

Yeah, yeah. I already saw it. I'm not keeping up with the thread as good as the rest of you.

agroman

21-12-2005 12:16:19

[quotea6fe87136f="thehacker010"]Enough with the Leviticus stuff already! People were asking for a quote from the Bible, so I quoted Leviticus...

Would quotes from the New Testiment make you happy?[/quotea6fe87136f]

Yeah, make me laugh and I'll sign up under you on instantprofitz. -P HA!

cartrenroy

21-12-2005 12:18:20

I think that being homosexuals[/size7cb9cb6f03] is wrong (because of my culture, religion and everything else) BUT I cannot change the way they are (nobody can), they will not change if they don't want to

NOW, homosexuals[/size7cb9cb6f03] cannot change the way we think, I don't think that homosexuals[/size7cb9cb6f03] believe that WE should be cool with them (and if they do, then they are contradicting themselves saying that we cannot change the way they are)
homosexuals will always be pointed as homosexuals[/size7cb9cb6f03] (forever) because that’s the way it is

Why am I agains't homosexuals[/size7cb9cb6f03]? and why am I using religion as an excuse?

I'm agains't homosexuals[/size7cb9cb6f03] becuase I think that is wrong and becuase my religion (what I believe in 100%) says it's wrong - I am not using religion as an excuse, but thats my base, my religion and culture is everything, thats why.

Some of you may not agree with me and I understand that, we are from different places, so I don't expect you to agree with me

thehacker010

21-12-2005 12:18:44

“For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.” Romans 126-27

“Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind.” 1 Corinthians 69

Keep in mind that the word “effeminate” is malakos in Greek. Malakos literally means something soft to the touch, but is used as a negative metaphor to refer to a boy kept for homosexual relations.

Jake

21-12-2005 12:27:16

[quote8628ffc14c="thehacker010"]
“Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind.” 1 Corinthians 69

Keep in mind that the word “effeminate” is malakos in Greek. Malakos literally means something soft to the touch, but is used as a negative metaphor to refer to a boy kept for homosexual relations.[/quote8628ffc14c]

Nobody is going to argue with you about whether pedophilia is wrong or not.

J4320

21-12-2005 12:28:32

[quote385159c8eb="Veek"][quote385159c8eb="J4320"]

And Veek, are you homosexual? I don't understand how they are hurting people or anything. That's why I really find this a hard subject with religion. If it were up to me, I wouldn't really care. It's them, not me. But I honor God's laws so I am against it.[/quote385159c8eb]

If you have to ask if I'm homosexual, then you've haven't really been reading my posts. ( wink[/quote385159c8eb]

Well I haven't really seen you actually say that you are. You've just implied it. Either that or I've been too rapped up in reading every other post and thinking about it and I forgot or I was distracted.

I just wanted to throw a direct question at you so I could get a direct answer.

And by the way, we might as well change this thread title to "The homosexual thread #2 and Christians contradict themselves."

Veek

21-12-2005 12:28:50

[quote5d4d7a9b3d="Jake"][quote5d4d7a9b3d="thehacker010"]

Keep in mind that the word “effeminate” is malakos in Greek. Malakos literally means something soft to the touch, but is used as a negative metaphor to refer to a boy kept for homosexual relations.[/quote5d4d7a9b3d]

Nobody is going to argue with you about whether pedophilia is wrong or not.[/quote5d4d7a9b3d]

I agree with this comment.

Veek

21-12-2005 12:29:33

[quote46d6226e44="J4320"][quote46d6226e44="Veek"][quote46d6226e44="J4320"]

And Veek, are you homosexual? I don't understand how they are hurting people or anything. That's why I really find this a hard subject with religion. If it were up to me, I wouldn't really care. It's them, not me. But I honor God's laws so I am against it.[/quote46d6226e44]

If you have to ask if I'm homosexual, then you've haven't really been reading my posts. ( wink[/quote46d6226e44]

Well I haven't really seen you actually say that you are. You've just implied it. Either that or I've been too rapped up in reading every other post and thinking about it and I forgot or I was distracted.

I just wanted to throw a direct question at you so I could get a direct answer.

And by the way, we might as well change this thread title to "The homosexual thread #2 and Christians contradict themselves."[/quote46d6226e44]

Here it is so that it's finalized Yes, I am homosexual.

J4320

21-12-2005 12:29:42

[quotef88e796422="Veek"][quotef88e796422="Jake"][quotef88e796422="thehacker010"]

Keep in mind that the word “effeminate” is malakos in Greek. Malakos literally means something soft to the touch, but is used as a negative metaphor to refer to a boy kept for homosexual relations.[/quotef88e796422]

Nobody is going to argue with you about whether pedophilia is wrong or not.[/quotef88e796422]

I agree with this comment.[/quotef88e796422]

I agree too.

thehacker010

21-12-2005 12:30:15

Good, so we don't have to open a new thread talking about pedophilia.

J4320

21-12-2005 12:31:27

lol

shamash

21-12-2005 12:40:23

hey

im jewish

whateva whateva i do what i want

i kill you

nofxowl

21-12-2005 15:06:54

[quotee6a11614ca="Skunk"]It seems to me that nofxowl is the ignorant one in this situation. As a christian and an attender of a catholic school, I am more than willing to defend my faith. All your aspects and perceptions of one person saying homosexuality is wrong in the eyes of God is not the actual fact. There are a lot of contradictions in the bible as I have studied, such as God ordering a "ban" of the land, or a massive wipeout of all living creatures after that land has been conquered by an opposing force. Now, this would seem to go against his commandment, "thou shall not kill". What gives him the right to be hypocritical and act against his sayings. Simply put, one must understand the bible. How was the bible transfigured into a book? It was written down after thousands of years of word of mouth and oral tradition. You have to be stupid (no offense) to believe that personal ideas and beliefs did not somehow manage to slip into there and thus enstow upon other people's minds these things. Simply put, do not let one christian speak for the whole, and you better bet calling a religion stupid you obviously have little to no clue about is going to have some reprecussions, good luck.[/quotee6a11614ca]

i will say that i am ignorant, but i also believe that everyone in the entire world is. i didn't mean to talk down to anyone, its just that sometimes when i read things to make me irritated it tends to happen.

the ancient Greeks believed strongly in their cause, had scrolls and word of mouth to spread their "mythology". created massive temples and statues for the Gods at the expense of many slaves and sacrifices. Was that just simply a "waste of time"? What makes you think that Christianity isn't just mythology that simply hasn't died out yet. If i could somehow accurately predict, looking at this topic historically,

i would say that Christianity will not be as strong in 1000 years, for as "civilized people" we have stopped forcing pagan believers to convert under the barrel of the gun. times change along with religions, there will be new evidence that proves Christianity improbable and God is actually a giant Chicken. Something like that, not as ridiculous, but something like that. Just look, it happened to the Greeks, Romans, Egyptians, Aztecs, Mayans, Celts, etc. and it CAN happen to the "westerners".

nofxowl

21-12-2005 15:07:37

[quote43b4e09e73="shamash"]hey

im jewish

whateva whateva i do what i want

i kill you[/quote43b4e09e73]

wow, i actually laughed out loud, so hence.... lol

good work with the south park reference

nofxowl

21-12-2005 15:17:16

[quote2801374e6c="J4320"][quote2801374e6c="Veek"][quote2801374e6c="J4320"]
Well God designed humans to be heterosexual and it is against what God wants for you to have a partner of the same sex. So it is helping God to change someone like that. [b2801374e6c]I am not God, but God works through me.[/b2801374e6c][/quote2801374e6c]

How do you know God wants to change people? Even if humans were "designed to be heterosexual," how do you know God isn't accepting of what people choose to do with their lives?[/quote2801374e6c]

Because it says in the Bible. It tells us that God is against homosexuality. He doesn't want people to be like that, but he isn't going to kill you because you're a homo. God gives you the free will to be what you want to be, there might be consequences later in life though.[/quote2801374e6c]

you mean "God", a.k.a. some Christian Cardinal who wanted more power and control, and who also wanted to condem most of the Roman morals (they were Christianity's enemy for a while there), wrote that.

consequences, bah... bring it on God, bring it on Jesus, oh and Happy Birthday, i will enjoy the sales in corporate America right the day after.

nofxowl

21-12-2005 15:19:57

also maybe "God" created everyone to be homosexuals at heart, but like to "play" with the other sex every now and again. Then men and women began to "play" a bit too much, and God got angry and created evil in the world, and began smiting. Thus, homosexuality is the true path to righteousness, i always thought the Spartans were pretty cool back in the day...

jordan90

21-12-2005 15:42:22

[quotec4249a4531]Leviticus 39, "Of all the creatures living in the water of the seas and the streams, you may eat any that have fins and scales."

Have you eaten oysters or scallops? OMG! you're going straight to hell! [/quotec4249a4531]

That was Jewish law given to the Jews for their own good. If you look at the law concerning food that God gave them to follow, most of it was to keep them in good health. This is why they were not to eat pork, because it's not healthy at all for us.

[quotec4249a4531]
i would say that Christianity will not be as strong in 1000 years, for as "civilized people" we have stopped forcing pagan believers to convert under the barrel of the gun. times change along with religions, there will be new evidence that proves Christianity improbable and God is actually a giant Chicken. Something like that, not as rediculous, but something like that. Just look, it happened to the Greeks, Romans, Egyptians, Aztecs, Mayans, Celts, etc. and it CAN happen to the "westerners".[/quotec4249a4531]

You are apparently not familiar with the prophecy of the Bible at all. In 1000 years, the "rapture" may have occured (and most likely will have by the look of the current morals of the world). Also, at the point of moral corruption of almost every great civilization, the civilization falls. Just look at the Aztecs.

jordan90

21-12-2005 15:50:06

[quote8b218dbcca="nofxowl"]also maybe "God" created everyone to be homosexuals at heart, but like to "play" with the other sex every now and again. Then men and women began to "play" a bit too much, and God got angry and created evil in the world, and began smiting. Thus, homosexuality is the true path to righteousness, i always thought the Spartans were pretty cool back in the day...[/quote8b218dbcca]

That theory makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. If we were created to be homosexuals, then how were we to reproduce? Doesn't make much sense at all.

Also, has anyone here read Genesis? God created one man and one woman. He created a perfect world. At the curse of sin (when Adam ate of the fruit of the forbidden tree), the earth and man was cursed, leaving animals to become meat-eating and scared of humans. The earth before Noah's flood was totally different than our world today. Although it was cursed, it was still degenerating from the perfect world before sin. If you've ever researched the pre-flood world, you would be truly amazed at what the earth once was.

J4320

21-12-2005 16:06:50

Nofxowl is making himself look more and more idiotic as this thread progresses on.

GBuntitled

21-12-2005 17:27:22

ahhhheemmm....Lol...If you have 30 minutes. http//video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3593866248238036452

exclusiv

21-12-2005 17:39:17

[quote6f5109ef9f="J4320"]Nofxowl is making himself look more and more idiotic as this thread progresses on.[/quote6f5109ef9f]

chocolate rivers and lollipops for all

[quote6f5109ef9f="nofxowl"]

you mean "God", a.k.a. some Christian Cardinal who wanted more power and control, and who also wanted to condem most of the Roman morals (they were Christianity's enemy for a while there), wrote that.

[b6f5109ef9f]consequences, bah... bring it on God, bring it on Jesus[/b6f5109ef9f], oh and Happy Birthday, i will enjoy the sales in corporate America right the day after.[/quote6f5109ef9f]

not that I am that religious, but i have a feeling that your entire family is going down

Godrockdj

21-12-2005 18:40:26

Holy crap. I skip the forum for one morning and afternoon and [if3320e5d87]this[/if3320e5d87] is what happens?!

I'm still trying to figure out the point of starting a thread like this in the first place. What are you trying to do? What do you want to achieve here?

Veek

21-12-2005 18:44:31

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/smilies_mod/upload/0acc3e12e7be8769bac6af50a5088718.gif[" alt=""/imgdb48f508dd]

[bdb48f508dd]@[/bdb48f508dd]

the thread icon and subject being so close together on the off-topic index.

slease

21-12-2005 18:45:58

lock this, this is absolutely stupid

J4320

21-12-2005 18:55:37

[quote0e0ec7fbac="Godrockdj"]Holy crap. I skip the forum for one morning and afternoon and [i0e0ec7fbac]this[/i0e0ec7fbac] is what happens?!

I'm still trying to figure out the point of starting a thread like this in the first place. What are you trying to do? What do you want to achieve here?[/quote0e0ec7fbac]

Well he [i0e0ec7fbac]thought[/i0e0ec7fbac] he could look cool by bashing Christians, but I guess not.

agroman

21-12-2005 19:03:49

[quotea7cdbe264c="Godrockdj"]Holy crap. I skip the forum for one morning and afternoon and [ia7cdbe264c]this[/ia7cdbe264c] is what happens?!

I'm still trying to figure out the point of starting a thread like this in the first place. What are you trying to do? What do you want to achieve here?[/quotea7cdbe264c]

It's a rude and crude competition. We're winning.

Godrockdj

21-12-2005 19:08:14

[quote4b004d53d4="agroman"][quote4b004d53d4="Godrockdj"]Holy crap. I skip the forum for one morning and afternoon and [i4b004d53d4]this[/i4b004d53d4] is what happens?!

I'm still trying to figure out the point of starting a thread like this in the first place. What are you trying to do? What do you want to achieve here?[/quote4b004d53d4]

It's a rude and crude competition. We're winning.[/quote4b004d53d4]

Wait, you're joking right? I hope you're not being serious. Because if you think there is something here to "win" you are sorely mistaken.

agroman

21-12-2005 19:12:22

[quoted6f42184e2="Godrockdj"][quoted6f42184e2="agroman"][quoted6f42184e2="Godrockdj"]Holy crap. I skip the forum for one morning and afternoon and [id6f42184e2]this[/id6f42184e2] is what happens?!

I'm still trying to figure out the point of starting a thread like this in the first place. What are you trying to do? What do you want to achieve here?[/quoted6f42184e2]

It's a rude and crude competition. We're winning.[/quoted6f42184e2]

Wait, you're joking right? I hope you're not being serious. Because if you think there is something here to "win" you are sorely mistaken.[/quoted6f42184e2]

Darling, look at my avatar. Do you really think I'm a serious person? wink

J4320

21-12-2005 19:12:56

Yes, and don't call me darling.

lol

agroman

21-12-2005 19:15:39

[quotea2dbfa3ab2="J4320"]Yes, and don't call me darling.[/quotea2dbfa3ab2]

Shirley, you are mistaken. http//fuckyeah.org/files/1/Emoticons/finger.gif[" alt=""/imga2dbfa3ab2] wink

J4320

21-12-2005 19:17:22

AIRPLANE!

theysayjump

21-12-2005 19:33:00

I really see no point to this thread. The homosexuality thread yes, that was a good healthy discussion (or at least it started out that way) but the only point I can see to this is to have a dig at Christians or Christianity.

I'm not the most religious person in the world but the OP has only succeeded in making himself seem ignorant, offensive and somewhat hateful. There's nothing wrong with discussion as long as it stays that way.

This didn't, as did the homosexuality thread, and looked what happened to that.

Just don't think that everyone else who doesn't believe in Christianity is like this.