iBook Help

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=28863

Skunk

21-12-2005 05:15:43

First and foremost, this is one of the finest machines I've ever had the priveledge to work on. I'm typing this right now from it and I see no flaws as of yet. Now, to my question I'm new to macs {probably a given} and I've been reading my manual and whatnot, but still have not found apple's version of a word processor so I can type papers and whatnot. Has anyone been able to find or know of from past experience what the program is called for writing pieces? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, and congratulations once again to those who have received their iBooks.

phoebe7

21-12-2005 06:52:53

Congrats on keeping the ibook. I'm still very tempted to do the same. Anyways, check neooffice.org. That is one suggestion i've read on a mac forum. Otherwise isn't there something already on the ibook, kind of like microsoft works, maybe called iWorks? Today I might go to the computer lab w/ macs to see if I like using them. )

turpentinedreams

21-12-2005 07:05:26

openoffice.org is the house for oppenoffice
or you can get MS word.
yeah the whole MS office suite works with mac and it has a cooler box than windows version.

agroman

21-12-2005 07:20:40

Your ibook should have come with a trial of iWork 05, which includes Pages (a word processor) and Keynote (similar to Powerpoint).

You can find serial numbers for iWork 05 out on google probably, so you can run these apps for more than the 30 day trial. )

shamash

21-12-2005 07:57:59

www.mininova.org

theres a whole section on mac programs D