god damn it...paypal problem...need help

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=28214

wolverine13

09-12-2005 17:22:46

okay so basically i play this game called runescape...its this ghetto version of warcraft somewhat. there are these things called gold and im good at the game so I have a lot of it. You earn it by playing the game....etc...

So I stumble upon this site that buys gold and pay via paypal. I research and they seem legit so I place an order to sell. The guy buys from me and he's legit. He buys from me a couple times more and pays me via paypal each time. Suddenly he requests a huge amount so I give to him but he doesn't pay me. I'm like oh SHAT.

So whatever...i'm hounding him, threatening to report him, etc... Then he snaps back and is swearing at me and goes, "im reporting you so i get all my paypal money back"...i'm like try it...you're lying to them and its fraud....

So about a few hours later, I get an email from paypal about a dispute! I'm like god damn it....I just called them and told them my side of the story....but the thing is, its a non trackable item. The worst part is, he said that he bought an ipod from me or something and that i never sold it to him and thats why he's charging back....

HELP!!!

WHAT SHOULD I DO?!

Any SERIOUS recommendations would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

Cash4Cookies

09-12-2005 17:27:11

dont sell internet gold?

there are some paypal pros here so im sure someone can actually help you. but I would go with my advice from now on.

Daggoth

09-12-2005 17:27:54

So not only did you lose your money on paypal, but you also lost gold on runescape.

What was the name of the item he sold you on paypal. If he said something like "Thanks for the gold" you can always say that that guy is lying about selling the iPod.

wolverine13

09-12-2005 17:29:16

what? i don't and didn't....runescape.com is a java based game that millions of people play....places like virgoods.com, brogame.com sell "gold" to people..."gold" is like resources u can get in the game....

i went to runos.com which is a website that BUYS "gold" from people so they can sell it at a higher price to other people that want to just buy "gold" instead of wasting time in the game to get it themselves...

i sold to him for about a month then all of a sudden he is lying to paypal and making up stories and saying he sent me the money for an apple ipod....what should i do?

tracemhunter

09-12-2005 17:31:07

didnt you transfer the paypal to your bank account?

Daggoth

09-12-2005 17:31:21

Tell paypal that he has no proof that the order was for an apple iPod.

EatChex89

09-12-2005 17:31:55

paypal won't give credit to either of you

they don't do it with non-trackable items.

if you sold him an iPod he would have to have legit proof that such a transaction took place.. which he doesn't.

either way. you lost your money for that heap of gold..

Daggoth

09-12-2005 17:33:59

Well, look at the bright side, the only thing you lost was some virtual goods. Why did you go first in the trade anyway?

fgr_admin

09-12-2005 17:34:38

Just go to your paypal account and look at the "Details" it will say Eligible or inEligible.

if it says Eligible then your screwed and learn a valuable lesson. Its not like your really out any money though. Next time you wanna sell online gold or something thats being sent via email or what not. Tell them you will send an invoice. That way you get to control the type of transaction it is.

Guess its back to mining for you. Watch out for the scorpions.

Crynos

09-12-2005 18:15:50

Tell them it was for virtual gold and they wont honor it

wolverine13

09-12-2005 18:27:24

i'm the seller...i sold him gold...i'm ineligible....

even if i was eligible, i dont have a tracking # or any proof that i actually sent him gold...

on the transfer, it has no details....it just says money paid....

so does this mean that i am at -159 permanently? this is a business acount with paypal....

Crynos

09-12-2005 18:31:50

[quote8ebfbd85fa="wolverine13"]i'm the seller...i sold him gold...i'm ineligible....

even if i was eligible, i dont have a tracking # or any proof that i actually sent him gold...

on the transfer, it has no details....it just says money paid....

so does this mean that i am at -159 permanently? this is a business acount with paypal....[/quote8ebfbd85fa]Wait, you already lost the money? You shouldve said so from the beginning, they wouldve denied his claim and that would be that.

Daggoth

09-12-2005 18:33:10

Here is what is gained loss

Him
Gold (He Paid For)
Gold (He didn't pay for)

You
Money that he paid for
You lose the money of when he refused to pay you.

kdollar

09-12-2005 18:34:59

hold up explain.......they took ur money out already??

its ur word against his if there isnt any proof

wolverine13

09-12-2005 19:42:14

yeah he said that i was supposed to send him an apple ipod or whatever...the thing is, the money was for gold he bought. he used his corporate business acount so hopefully that will help....any other ideas?

justinfreestuff

09-12-2005 20:39:21

hah, good luck

i sold an iPod Photo last January for $495, got paid via paypal, then they disputed the charge 6 MONTHS LATER and they stole every penny, and have the iPod as well

paypal sucks balls, just accept it

mrwzk

10-12-2005 07:09:39

how much did you sell him the gold for? did he say anything in the comment section on your purchase? just go report the site show them his site.

Skunk

10-12-2005 07:56:50

I have runescape hacks. If you find out this fuckers name in game, I'll give you the hacks to go make his life miserable.

wolverine13

10-12-2005 09:34:02

first response in the comment section when he paid me, he didn't say anything...

second response yeah his name in the game is woohoo...but i dont know if it is w then a capital O or zeroes or a combination of it...