Almost Got My Ebay/Paypal Account stolen...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=28021

bballp6699

06-12-2005 20:12:48

A week ago I bought a DVD for an Xmas gift. When I bid on it, I didn't realize that they didn't except paypal as payment. I wanted to cancel the bid if at all possible. I sent the guy two emails telling him this and he hasn't responded.

Today I get an email from an ebay member. It has the ebay message box and the email says,

[quotea017454f8f]"Hey Dude,

What's going on????

I'm still waiting a response from you!! It's been 3 days since I've sent the item and haven't heard back from you.Please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE otherwise I will file a case against you and I'm sure you don't want that to happen!

Waiting for your response ASAP.."[/quotea017454f8f]

When I typed the response I had to "login". I email him back through what I thought was an ebay response box, asking what the fuck he's talking about because I've already sent him two emails about it. The response box was taking forever. Turns out that it was a fake website that steals ebay passwords, but a very good one. Luckly I forgot my ebay password because I have it auto saved and I logged in with the wrong password.

If you get an ebay email MAKE SURE it's from ebay. It had me fooled. I also had horrible timing because of the auction with the other guy, but still.

theysayjump

06-12-2005 20:21:00

Shit, that was close.

I hardly ever click ona link I get in an e-mail unless it's an activation link. It's too risky considering there are so many sites that look legit but steal your shit.

Did you get a response from that guy yet?

ConfusedPigeon

06-12-2005 20:26:02

Yeah, did the same thing. I noticed and changed my password immediatly. Next time you get one, enter a fake password.

bballp6699

06-12-2005 21:18:40

[quoted458fb25ae="theysayjump"]
Did you get a response from that guy yet?[/quoted458fb25ae]

Nope, I don't know if he just doesn't check his email or what. Dumbass...