EW @ Mavishare "Random Screening"

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=27955

shamash

05-12-2005 21:41:07

I feel like the poor suckers getting pulled aside in an airport.

[quotef644979e4b]To help prevent fraud, we randomly screen our accounts. In order to withdraw your MaviShare balance, we need to ask you to complete a quick credit report or simply sign up and get approved for any credit card on the Offers page. This will verify that you are in fact a real person and you will also instantly earn $8 for doing so.[/quotef644979e4b]

i did $40+ payout of offers, and then they say this. so i do the credit report and don't get credit, and i don't want a damned credit card.

They'd better pay me, saying you need to file a credit report to cashout AFTER people sign up (If I knew about this, I wouldn't have done offers) is very scammerish.

fgr_admin

05-12-2005 21:53:11

LOL, yea they got me too on that one. Funny thing is if you keep logging on the price will change from $8 to $10. I waited till it was $10 before doing the credit report.

Also how the hell do you get turned down for a free credit report, lol.

shamash

05-12-2005 21:56:35

well it said something failed and to try again, and i tried again, but all i got was another 1 dlolar charge to my credit card and no credit on mavishare

theysayjump

05-12-2005 22:07:50

I tried doing a credit report for a free site but it didn't work for me. I'm thinking it's because I'm an immigrant with no credit history though shrug

shamash

05-12-2005 22:09:42

lol yeah crazy sweed or irish or whatevre the hell you are, TSJ ;)

im going to the BBB if mavishare doesnt send me mah money tho. this is like saying something is 5 referrals when it's really 6 / crappy business practice.

Admin

05-12-2005 22:36:58

Which credit report offer is it?

theysayjump

05-12-2005 22:42:57

If you're referring to me, it was on a Freepay site quite a ew months ago but I can't remember the name.

shamash

05-12-2005 22:49:20

Neither Citi or Experian worked.

[quotefebd8f295f]Experian said
Your order has been successfully processed, but we were unable to pull
your credit report at this time due to temporary technical
difficulties. Please try again in a few moments.If you receive this
message again, please contact our Customer Care Representatives at
1-888-888-8553 for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience. We appreciate your business!

Citi said
We are sorry, but we are unable to validate your identity on-line with
the information you have provided. Your security and protection are of
the utmost concern. We recommend that you continue the order process
by choosing offline delivery to ensure your identification validation
or you may choose to cancel your order. Please review the options
below carefully.

Offline Delivery Your report and documentation will be mailed to you
via U.S. Mail within 7-10 days. All reports, information and update
forms will also be available to you online once your order has been
processed. A shipping and handling fee will be charged for each
document sent via U.S. Mail (this fee is waived for CreditProtect or
Card Registry purchases). You may be contacted by our Fulfillment
Center to complete the identity verification process.[/quotefebd8f295f]

theysayjump

05-12-2005 22:53:22

Yeah it must've been Experian i did because I got the exact same message that you did Shamash.

shamash

05-12-2005 22:55:02

Really stupid crap. Mavishare was talking to me in email but stopped responding, bastards.

hehehhehe

05-12-2005 22:57:57

That's such bullshit. If this isn't in their TOS they shouldn't be allowed to do this. Just post this everywhere so the guys gets no more new victims.

shamash

05-12-2005 23:02:28

Yeah, hopefully this gets around. It's really unfair that they don't say it anywhere and then screw you over with this.

theysayjump

05-12-2005 23:06:12

Is there an age-limit for Mavishare?

shamash

05-12-2005 23:07:30

[quotec80d3b02d1]This Agreement must be read, understood and agreed to by a person over 18 years of age who is a resident of the United States, or it must be agreed to by a parent or guardian if the Member is under 18. In no case may anyone under 13 years of age become a Member or use this site.[/quotec80d3b02d1]

You must be 13.

theysayjump

05-12-2005 23:10:37

Ok, and they expect 13 year olds to be able to do a credit report or apply for a credit card and be approved?

That's bullshit and they are scamming your pants off.

shamash

05-12-2005 23:16:25

[quote25d7c5f935]We didn't stop replying to your e-mails; it is 2 AM.

I just need some definitive proof of your identity to release payment. If you read the terms of service it clearly says we have the right to do this. We are NOT going to keep your money but I need some kind of proof that the information you entered for yourself is real. We have had a lot of fraud on this offer so we need to make sure you are who you claim to be and located at the address you entered.[/quote25d7c5f935]

I sent them a picture of my address on a magazine, hopefully that will work.

shamash

05-12-2005 23:25:24

Oh, yay. A new message.

[quote46839f1f56]Administrator has blocked your withdrawals. For any questions please contact support at email==mavisupport@mavishare.commavisupport@mavishare.com=mavisupport@mavishare.commavisupport@mavishare.com/email.[/quote46839f1f56]

Apparently now I'm frauding because when I originally signed up, I typoed on the birthdate, which I fixed before they "closed my account". This makes me a frauder, even though I fixed it, and am legible in the TOS, and completed the offer correctly and not fraudulently.

Aurelius

05-12-2005 23:47:35

they just sound like they're digging up anything they can to not pay you...

shamash

05-12-2005 23:49:48

Yeah, it does. I'm definately gonna contact their publishers if I don't get paid soon. Instant my ass, more like scamstant. That's not even a word, but I'm tired and pissy.

shamash

05-12-2005 23:57:42

Them
[quotea49058c6b3]You claimed to be 23; our fraud detection system flagged your account as suspicious, which is why it asked you to complete a credit report. I find it hard to believe it was a "simple typo" when you claimed you didn't want to sign up for a credit card (the truth is that you are not eligible for one).

Please have your parents contact us indicating that you had their permission to sign up for the site. When you do so we will release your funds provided that we have no negative feedback on your signup from Earthlink.

We run a legitimate business and you are more than welcome to contact the BBB if you wish. Our Terms of Service are very clear. It is you who provided false information on your signup which is why this whole situation unfolded. If you had answered honestly we would not be in this situation.[/quotea49058c6b3]

Me
[quotea49058c6b3]You're lying. My account did nothing suspicious, it said it was
random. I didn't claim to be 23, I didn't even have reason to as I am
eligible for your site.

Your terms of service say nothing abot random forced offers to recieve
payment, and it also says your parents need to read the TOS and agree
to let you join, not that you need a written email. My parents look
at all the freesites I do before I sign up, I've almost gotten 1000
dollars from different sites. They check it all over and let me do
it.

You have no reason to have my account locked, and I would appreciate
it be unlocked right now[/quotea49058c6b3]

They're changing their facts and making up new rules now. Really quite ridiculous. TSJ, did you ever get your money from them?

hehehhehe

06-12-2005 00:16:36

Why don't you have your parents contact them? That'll fix it.

shamash

06-12-2005 00:18:04

I will tomorrow, when my parents are awake P But they shouldn't have to.

shamash

06-12-2005 06:26:04

[quotee6a881c885]I am going to make an exception this one time and let you withdraw. Please log in and cash out if that's what you want to do.

We are not lying and it doesn't serve you will to insult us. There was no record of a person with your name and age residing at the address you entered, which among other reasons was why your account was flagged. If you read the TOS we reserve the right to apply additional conditions before allowing withdrawal.

We are not being unreasonable. We are paying you a lot of money to sign up for this offer, and we are paying you quicker than any other site on the planet. You incorrectly entered your birthdate which precipitated this.

III.
(c) Payments can only be sent when member has an account balance of $10 US or higher. MaviShare reserves the right to apply additional conditions to verify the authenticity of member's information as entered on the site before sending payment. These conditions include requiring member to refer 3 additional, real users after the first withdrawal.[/quotee6a881c885]

So I got mine out, but with that clause in the TOS, I'd avoid ever doing the site again /

fgr_admin

06-12-2005 08:14:54

Damn thats some bad luck on your part.

I am not a fan of the citi report part, but I do love the site....

Have cashed out over $800.00 from them.

Not a fan of doing the citi report or that after each withdrawal you have to refer 3 more friends.

However they are the only site that sends instant payments out. I mean instant. You click the order button and BAM the money is in your paypal account. No verifying or reviews.

That is why I think they do the citi review. Since a fake name on a simon card could bankrupt them. Since that fake name wouldnt have a SS# they save themselves. I think they should change the TOS to 18 years and older though.

Just my 2 cents though

Admin

06-12-2005 11:55:54

Its ridiculous because they dont get any info from the Citi report about your identity. So even if you're a frauding kid, as long as you have someone's name/cc/ssn you can complete that offer. Plus they get paid something like 22.50-25 for the completion. Oh, and that earthlink offer they have to work so hard on? Well, I'll let this email speak for itself

[quote76475788a4]Good morning! We have a GREAT new offer on xxxx, at a liHUGEli CPA! Earthlink Dial-Up 6 Months at $9.95 - HUGE CPA - Offer #xxx is paying a whopping $145 CPA for anyone who signs up. This offer is GREAT for incentive-based sites.[/quote76475788a4]

kdollar

06-12-2005 12:08:32

k i just signed up for the site, since im of legal age ( shamash wink ), is it like instantdollarz??

ilanbg

06-12-2005 13:50:30

Is there a minimum amount required for cashing out?

fgr_admin

06-12-2005 15:46:26

no minimum to cash out and payments are instant. Plus no paypal fees.

However once you cash out and everytime after that you cash out. You have to refer 3 friends. Plus after the first time you will have to do the credit report.

If you decide to do it my suggestion is do all the offers you want, then wait until all are credited before cashing out.

[quote6e2d66a45b]Admin

Its ridiculous because they dont get any info from the Citi report about your identity. So even if you're a frauding kid, as long as you have someone's name/cc/ssn you can complete that offer. Plus they get paid something like 22.50-25 for the completion. Oh, and that earthlink offer they have to work so hard on? Well, I'll let this email speak for itself
[/quote6e2d66a45b]

Ok just my 2 cents but they really dont need personal info from citi. Since if your using a simon card with fake name or just trying to use fake info you will be denied. I think they are more worried about the person being real and not a made up person.

fgr_admin

06-12-2005 15:47:56

Oh on a second note $145[/sizef35a85c22b] what the fuck. Oh well glad I used it on mavishare, least i made $45 out of it.

Ive seen so many sites paying so little too...

cough cough

killerman

02-01-2006 13:36:17

[quote37274776f2="theysayjump"]I tried doing a credit report for a free site but it didn't work for me. I'm thinking it's because I'm an immigrant with no credit history though shrug[/quote37274776f2]

immigrant power!

tracemhunter

02-01-2006 14:14:52

i did the credit report on freepay and didn't get credit either.

srichter

02-01-2006 19:42:11

It definitely is against the advertiser's TOS to [bc1a0b02de0]force[/bc1a0b02de0] a user into doing their offer.