WHAT TO DO!!!!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=27902

ffactoryxx

05-12-2005 11:45:57

My brother had a Project due today and just called me. Basically he had tons of work and emailed his teacher either Friday or saturday and told his teacher a family member died this weekend and he will be in Massechusits today and tommorow. WOW. Well apparently the teacher granted him the extension but wanted some for of documentation for the funeral. I gotta help him out even though its wrong. What wopuld you do. Confess, create a fake program, get obituary online. I told him if i help him he's gotta hook me up whenever i want,

Actually he is giving me eagles tickets for next weeks game

What ya think. I need to cover alll angels for him. Untracible

Veek

05-12-2005 11:48:32

Confess.

I'd never use that type of an excuse. Next time he should check his priorities. If he sees how easy it is to get out of something like that, imagine what else he can lie about that can be worse.

I'd give an example, but I'll just give me opinion.

ConfusedPigeon

05-12-2005 11:48:52

Lol, your spelling blows. Otherwise... Fake obituary sounds good. Maybe tell the teacher he doesn't have proof, and to call his parents (I.E. Your #) And you act like your his Dad.

kdollar

05-12-2005 11:49:15

look up a death certificate fake it, make all contact numbers to you in case the teacher calls, that should be it, they wont do a heavy investigation b/c they think someone really did die !

ffactoryxx

05-12-2005 11:49:21

I was gonna create a program for him in photoshop and get it printed at office max on card stock. Actually find an obituary for this weekend in Mass. and use that name. Problem is i was gonna put the # of the funeral home to my phone but realized a 267- number aint MASS.

theysayjump

05-12-2005 11:49:48

Wow that's sad. roll

Since he's already used the excuse, he might as well do the work and then confess when he hands it in.

ConfusedPigeon

05-12-2005 11:51:32

Thats a bit too much. The teacher doesn't need the original, print one out - photocopy it - give it to her. Hey kdollar, an obituary is a record of someones death or a "death certificate"

EDIT Tell your brother to use lighter excuses, your probably screwed.

kdollar

05-12-2005 11:53:27

yea i havent used the death excuse yet, and ive used a lot of them, break ups, fake therapy sessions.......the death one im afraid to use in case someone dies........then ill just feel guilty and realize some stupid research paper isnt worth it, but i always like the challenge, id help ya out if i lived there.

Armstrong

05-12-2005 11:56:44

Kill someone in your family, really go to their funeral, save yourself the lie...Works for me everytime! j/k

Yeah thats a pretty bad lie, next time just ask for an extension or don't show up for class, then have it ready the second time around

Peinecone

05-12-2005 11:56:55

I wouldn't confess. But tell him to be more prepared for his lies next time. Have his story worked out with the details before using it.

But i would say a pamplet from the wake or funeral would be all he would need. Would be pretty easy to make and print on some fancy paper, and fold up. Then make it look like it was in his pocket all weekend.

If you get too elaborate with your proof and lie, the teacher will suspect it really is a lie, (probably already does though.)

theysayjump

05-12-2005 12:00:43

The sad thing is that this excuse has probably been used with his teacher before, and he has heard it too many times (

Just hope that nobody does die because if you cry wolf too many times then nobody will believe you when you really need them too.

ffactoryxx

05-12-2005 14:03:24

Yea. Well. I talked to him more and he said that he emailed her first Saturday saying he didnt knowwhat was going on, then emailed her this morning saying he was leaving for a flight to Mass. and would return Thursday. He even told her he could mail her the slides but just wouldnt be there to present them. She said she didnt give anyone else an extension, but would make an exception cause many asked and did give him till next Wed's final.

Seems she believed him enough. I mean who is to question that. In fact I think he asked my rents and my dad must have said not to do a pamphlet and just give her his number. Maybe he will just do that and i wont have to put my skills to the test

theysayjump

05-12-2005 14:38:45

Is this one of those "brother" situations? wink

ffactoryxx

05-12-2005 15:46:31

No. It actually isnt. My brother from temple did this. It was actually pretty funny

dudeextrem2000

05-12-2005 17:38:45

[quotec1c06b9207="Armstrong"][bc1c06b9207]Kill someone in your family,[/bc1c06b9207] really go to their funeral, save yourself the lie...Works for me everytime! j/k

Yeah thats a pretty bad lie, next time just ask for an extension or don't show up for class, then have it ready the second time around[/quotec1c06b9207]

theres a true solution