i hate ebay.

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=27711

tracemhunter

02-12-2005 12:07:55

[quoteb6b1baece2]While waiting for your chat to begin, you can start typing in your question. To help us address your questions as quickly as possible, please include your email address, eBay User ID and any other pertinent information such as item numbers, error messages, etc. (if available). We may also require your name, address and phone number for verification purposes.

Your entries will become visible to the agent once they have joined the chat. Thank you for your patience.
Your chat session has started..
Jennifer K. Hi Welcome to Live Chat! My name is Jennifer.

Thank you for your patience. How may I help you?

tracemhunter i sold an xbox 360 today and shortly after the user that won the auction said he wasnt going to pay for it
tracemhunter so i just want to relist it
tracemhunter but the ending fee ended up being like $24
tracemhunter is there a way i can get a credit for that?
Jennifer K. I'm sorry to hear that the buyer on your auction has not paid for the item that they won. Please wait for 7 days and after that time you can file an Unpaid Item Reminder and request a final value fee credit. After you have done this you can relist the item or use our second chance offer to offer the item to the next highest bidder on the auction. If you would like to file an Unpaid Item Reminder and request your final value fee credit, please visit the following link http//pages.ebay.com/help/sell/bidders_overview.html

Jennifer K. You can than relist your item or offer it to the second highest bidder at no extra cost
tracemhunter i already did the second chance offer but decided i just wanted to relist it
Jennifer K. For further information regarding the second chance offer please go to the following link which can be found on the Help pages
http//pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/personal_offer.html
Jennifer K. Sure. Just relist your item at your convenience
tracemhunter but i will have to pay another fee
tracemhunter the guy already said that he wasnt going to pay for it
tracemhunter i dont want to have to wait 7 days
Jennifer K. Yes. Please understand that listing fees are non refundable because they cover the cost of the features you use for your item and the space your auction occupies while it's listed on eBay. Whether or not the item sells you have to pay for the listing fees. However, you can relist your item under our relisting policy and if the item sells you will receive a insertion fee credit. For further information regarding this policy please go to the following link which can be found on the Help pages
For further information regarding this policy please go to the
following link which can be found on the Help pages

Jennifer K. I'm sorry, but you will have to wait 7 days to file the dispute since this is a automated system and it is the only way you will receive your final value fee credit
Jennifer K. You can relist your item now and file the dispute for your credit in 7 days
tracemhunter ahh, ok
Jennifer K. does that answer your concerns?
tracemhunter how long does the dispute take
tracemhunter on average
Jennifer K. You will have to file it after 7 days. Than you will have to wait 7 days before you can receive your credit. So overall 14 days before your account is credited back
tracemhunter ok
Jennifer K. Is there anything else that I may assist you with today?
tracemhunter yes
tracemhunter i sent a message to the person i sent the second chance offer to and then he asked a question about it
tracemhunter so i clicked respond and tried to send a message and it told me i had already sent my limit of messages for the day
tracemhunter i can only send one message per day and cant respond to any other questions somebody else has?
tracemhunter respond to other questions the same person hasli
Jennifer K. No. You do have a limited number of messages you can send per member. So since you have already sent one message to the buyer today (second chance offer) you can not respond to them again until tomorrow.
Jennifer K. You can respond to other members questions just not this one since your limit has been reached
Jennifer K. You will have to wait for tomorrow (past 12 am) to respond to this buyer
tracemhunter god. thtis sucks. i give up on ebay[/quoteb6b1baece2]

is there another auction site out there that is halfway decent or should i just use craigslist?

kdollar

02-12-2005 12:10:48

actually ebay was pretty good about giving me my fees back when someone didnt pay me, so just relist and wait for your credit back.

justinag06

02-12-2005 12:14:45

I think he just wants to sell the 360 asap, but 14 days should be perfect it would finish and ship just days before christmas in the last rush.

KeithA

02-12-2005 12:17:16

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=25496&start=50[]http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=25496&start=50

The same thing happened to me. I re-listed, and was a lot more conservative with the second listing (didn't list in multiple categories, didn't pay for all the promotional stuff, etc.) to keep the fees down. I got a Final Value Fee credit for the first auction, but still ended up paying about $35 in fees to eBay and another $25 to PayPal.

After reading their response, I actually think their fees are relatively reasonable. You can list it on craigslist, but you'll probably make $100 less than if you had listed on eBay. It's definitely frustrating, but once I was reminded that it isn't so different from a classified ad in a newspaper, I felt a little better.

hehehhehe

02-12-2005 12:17:39

Yeah I don't see them doing anything that bad. I didn't think she deserved that comment in the end but hey you do whatever.

tracemhunter

02-12-2005 12:21:50

eh, i was pretty frustrated when i made this thread and when i was talking to her. i guess i will just relist it whenever i get my premium next week from gamestop.

EatChex89

02-12-2005 12:23:06

eBay gave me my fees back for another of my auctions.. it was an illegal auction (i mean the merchandise I was selling was illegal) =D

but anyway, heres what you do.

Do what she said with filing for the whatever and whatnot.

But instead of RELISTING, make a whole new auction, you follow?

mnx12

02-12-2005 12:28:08

Haha, what illegal things were you selling?

tracemhunter

02-12-2005 12:28:26

yea

justinag06

02-12-2005 12:38:05

are they getting more in?

tracemhunter

02-12-2005 12:43:57

just for the preorders but i am near the top of the preorder list. i think another shipment went out to the best buys today. maybe next friday.

bballp6699

02-12-2005 12:54:01

People on live support never help. They always want to throw some pre-written bull shit at you, so they don't have to actually think.

EatChex89

02-12-2005 13:08:23

[quote6a9c396c49="mnx12"]Haha, what illegal things were you selling?[/quote6a9c396c49]

illegal photoshops, illustrators, and another adobe product i dont remember.

dudeextrem2000

02-12-2005 20:08:08

[quotec1c9bd797d="mnx12"]Haha, what illegal things were you selling?[/quotec1c9bd797d]

drugs...