Login Problems

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=26814

Vector

20-11-2005 11:25:19

I am having login problems on this site, my password changed, i am hoping nobody got into my account so i reset my pw, its an IE and Mozilla problem because both of them dont work, i have deleted my cookies, reinstalled, tried opera, and now i am on IE, i dont know how it worked but it did.

i am guessings its only me but any one else have problems?

theysayjump

20-11-2005 11:29:20

I can't log in to my account on Firefox, my profile doesn't work properly(before the downtime) and I can't delete the cookies.

It works in I.E though but I don't know what's going on cry

cyberpunk243

20-11-2005 11:31:04

Hey theysayjump, just a random question but since you are replying to this thread. What all have you received as far as free items? Your 81 TR is insane so I must know, for motivational purposes and just plain envious reasons. D

agroman

20-11-2005 11:31:28

you can delete individual cookies in firefox. why can't you delete just the ones for freeipodguide.com?

FreeOffersNow

20-11-2005 11:31:37

Someone was attempting to steal user passwords using a phpBB exploit...admin has since patched and updated our phpBB (I believe the update changed how phpBB handles cookies, so everyone needed to login again for a new cookie - yum). Not sure about your password being changed, though. I've not had any problems.

theysayjump

20-11-2005 11:39:15

[quote10392721d6="cyberpunk243"]Hey theysayjump, just a random question but since you are replying to this thread. What all have you received as far as free items? Your 81 TR is insane so I must know, for motivational purposes and just plain envious reasons. D[/quote10392721d6]

I've only received a PC, 20GB iPod, iPodshuffle and maybe $750 in paypal. Working ona couple of sites at the moment though D

[quote10392721d6="agroman"]you can delete individual cookies in firefox. why can't you delete just the ones for freeipodguide.com?[/quote10392721d6]

There is something wrong with my profile where I can click on tools, then options, but nothing comes up. Then when I try to click anywhere on the screen I get the "dunk" sound from Windows that you hear when you try to click on a Window but can't because there is another window or box open.

I have to open the TaskManager and End Task it to close Firefox down, so that's why I can't dleete indivdidual cookies. If you can do it through the installation folder etc, then let me know.

cyberpunk243

20-11-2005 11:41:09

Only $750. Poor guy. Just to let people know who are reading this, there is a new thread I started in the bragging section for everyone to list what all they have gotten for free. This was definitely the wrong place to ask but I thought I would ask while I knew theysayjump was in here. 8)

agroman

20-11-2005 11:45:53

[quote49897c8191="theysayjump"]If you can do it through the installation folder etc, then let me know.[/quote49897c8191]

You could make a backup of
C\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\default.lilili\cookies.txt

Then edit it, removing any lines that contain "freeipodguide.com".

Try running Firefox with the changed file. If that doesn't work you can revert back to the previous unedited copy of cookies.txt.

theysayjump

20-11-2005 11:52:46

[quote6e62184635="agroman"][quote6e62184635="theysayjump"]If you can do it through the installation folder etc, then let me know.[/quote6e62184635]

You could make a backup of
C\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\default.lilili\cookies.txt

Then edit it, removing any lines that contain "freeipodguide.com".

Try running Firefox with the changed file. If that doesn't work you can revert back to the previous unedited copy of cookies.txt.[/quote6e62184635]

Fuck that. I had a look at it it would take me a week to look through the whole thing trying to find freeipodguide.com.

Oh well, I'll figure something out. Thanks for the help though.

agroman

20-11-2005 11:55:00

Sure, no problem.

BTW, Ctrl+F usually brings up the Find dialog in Notepad. ;)

Godrockdj

20-11-2005 11:57:28

Hooray, I can login now ) I wasn't able to for the past hour but clearing cookies did the trick

johnjimjones

20-11-2005 12:01:28

Yeah I was having login problems earlier and I thought my login was stolen. Now it works.

theysayjump

20-11-2005 12:03:27

[quote5d0db7b9f7="agroman"]Sure, no problem.

BTW, Ctrl+F usually brings up the Find dialog in Notepad. ;)[/quote5d0db7b9f7]

Bitch. OK that worked in finding the little bastards but not in getting me into the site using Firefox.

I have Moz-Backup so I'll make a backup, delete the profile and then make a new and see if that works or not.

Oh and when I sign in, I'm not getting in incorrect password error, it just basically refreshes the page. It's not the site, it's my profile since it works in I.E.

Iloveipods2

20-11-2005 12:12:13

yeah i needed to re-login last night too.

agroman

20-11-2005 12:12:47

[quote24e1306a23="theysayjump"][quote24e1306a23="agroman"]Sure, no problem.

BTW, Ctrl+F usually brings up the Find dialog in Notepad. ;)[/quote24e1306a23]

Bitch. OK that worked in finding the little bastards but not in getting me into the site using Firefox.

I have Moz-Backup so I'll make a backup, delete the profile and then make a new and see if that works or not.

Oh and when I sign in, I'm not getting in incorrect password error, it just basically refreshes the page. It's not the site, it's my profile since it works in I.E.[/quote24e1306a23]

Wasn't trying to sound condescending. Your Firefox installation sounds like its fuct.

If backing-up and restoring your profile doesnt work... The symptom you mentioned above (not being able to get into the Tools->Preferences menu) sounds like something I've encountered before with an out-of-date extension. You might try checking all your extensions.

First, check to see if they are all up to date (click the update button in the top right corner of the Firefox window, it will either be red, green, or blue)

Then, if all extensions are up to date remove and re-add each, one at a time, until you find the culprit.

KeithA

20-11-2005 15:22:19

I was having the same problems TSJ was. Even after nuking all my cookies, I still couldn't login under either IE or Firefox. Then, out of curiosity, I disabled the Google Web Accelerator I had downloaded just a few hours before. No more login problems...

agroman

20-11-2005 15:31:13

Weird.

I'd be careful with that web accelerator. You might want to turn it off when you signup for sites. Your account might be put on-hold if more than one account is created using the same Google proxy server IP address.

KeithA

20-11-2005 15:35:32

Yeah, I'm not using it anymore. Within a few hours of use I had more glitches at various sites than I have using any other plugin or extension.